Inside the SWA Staff

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Inside the SWA Staff

Post by Alfisti on Tue 23 Jul 2013 - 6:53

Inside the SWA Staff...
(a.k.a. - 15 Questions for SWA Staff and Personnel).
There was some suggestion made in the Cyborg interview thread that it might be fun to setup an interview for the SWA's staff and support personnel, Charon's SRT and the like. So, for anyone interested, here's one to fill out. Feel free to mix and match questions or add to it.

Thanks to whoever shifted this across by the way.

1) Ok, for the records, please state your name and tell us a bit about your role at the SWA.

2) So what turn of (miss)fortune brought you here? What did you do before?

3) Since we know what you did prior to this: what would you like to do after the SWA? Did you have plans at all?

4) In your role, who is it you have the most contact with? Staff? Fratelli? A bit of both? Or is there anyone in particular who stands out to you?

5) The refectory: Michelin Star or slop trough? Any favourite foods there?

6) Catering aside, do you enjoy working here? How is life on the SWA campus?

7) Anything you miss being able to do from before working here?

8) How do you like to relax? Any hobbies or pursuits?

9) And is there anywhere you would particularly like to go for your next holiday? Have you been there before?

10) Since coming to the SWA, do you think your views of the world have shifted at all? If so, how?

11) If you could change anything at the SWA, what would it be?

12) Triela’s teddy bear collection; cool or geeky?

13) Do you have a favourite colour?

14) Is there anyone, Agency or otherwise, you particularly admire or would class as a personal hero?

15) If you could choose, how would you like to die?

====================================================================

So anyway, to get things rolling, here’s one for perennial post-grads Gene and Tim. It’s all a bit sketchy in some places as, frankly, they’re not fleshed out characters, but hopefully it’ll get the ball rolling:

1) Ok, for the records, please state your name and tell us a bit about your role at the SWA.
Gene:
Generoso Ricapero, and that one’s Tim.

Tim: Timoteo Cina. We’re multi-discipline researchers working between the technical and medical branches.

Gene: Really good odd-jobs boffins basically. Our original research was in medical engineering, and we do still put some hours in over there, but we spend most of our time working on super-minaturised projects down at Q-branch.

Tim: …and app writing.

Gene:
The both of us were involved in a bioengineering project as post-grads… academic slave labour really…

Tim: I joined through one of my old lecturers after doing a masters in bioengineering and mechatronics, and Gene joined to help out on the mechatronics end.

Gene: Not to mention bringing some much needed Design expertise to the academics and engineers… but yeah, it was at Politecnico de Milano. Long story short, the project got branded a dead end and caught up in the next round of budget cuts. Both of us were using it for our Ph.D thesis. So Tim wrote the faculty a letter…

Tim: And after much pleading they agreed to let us continue the project, but downgraded and on a reduced budget along the streams we would require to complete our doctorates.

Gene: For our sins, we caught the attention of Belgonzi, who decided the project might work for cyborgs, and as the sole remaining researchers we were brought into the SWA. We fuckarsed around on the legit side for about… six months?

Tim: Yeah, six months or so.

Gene: Until they decided things were looking positive enough to bring us into the Agency proper…

Tim: Where results were less positive, and after a few live trials the work was scrapped…

Gene: And we’ve been here ever since.

3) Since we know what you did prior to this: what would you like to do after the SWA? Did you have plans at all?
Gene: Why would I want to leave?

Tim: I would like to keep working here, but if not here then I’m sure AISE or someone would take me… Might be a bit difficult to get a reference for working outside Italy’s intelligence community though. *laughs*

4) In your role, who is it you have the most contact with? Staff? Fratelli? A bit of both? Or is there anyone in particular who stands out to you?
Tim:
Well, we mostly see the other tech types: Fiona and that crowd, or the medicos.

Gene: Yeah, we used to have a lot to do in the medical arm, but that’s sporadic at best now, though Belgonzi sometimes ropes us in for something… often to try and re-tighten all the loose screws.

Tim: We had a lot of contact time with Claes early on as well, though we don’t see much of her anymore.

Gene: Poor kid.

Tim: Otherwise, it’s mostly tech department. We all have our own projects going, official directed ones and our own ideas… and some larger ones worked on in groups.

Gene: I don’t like those too much, for a technological department in a cutting edge spy agency some of it can be fucking conservative at times… engineers. You would think some of them thought they were still living in the 1960s the ideas they have or refuse to accept.

Tim: To be fair, there’s some fratelli like that as well.

Gene: Yes… Actually, we do see the fratelli occasionally as well. Allison mostly, clustered around with the other gearheads in the place. I don’t know why we spend so much time on cars when all the things do is lug people from place to place 95% of the time. The money should be going into tech and equipment which will actually be useful to the job rather than just sit on the street. I’ve put forward plenty of much more useful ideas which have been knocked back on the grounds of funding and “other priorities”, and yet they keep pouring money into fucking cars…

Tim: Group think man, and lots of it. We do see Allison the most, but all of the fratelli come by occasionally. Unfortunately the ones who would most benefit from the equipment we produce also seem to be the ones most likely to knock it back.

Gene: That would be the Blackers then… if you’re going to have a spyborg you would think the SWA would want her outfitted in a manner useful to her role. They have put their foot down on one or two things, but they also seem to let Monty and Jethro leave woefully under equipped. If we got her down here more often I think she might see reason.

Tim: She does take the phone upgrades though, or asks for specific apps.

Gene: But all the fratelli do that. One day we’ll get someone who actually fucking cares.

Gene:
It’s food.

Tim: And it’s free.

Gene: Which means more beer money for us.

Tim: Though I would not mind some teacake for once… or muffins, I prefer muffins.

Gene:
Fucking awesome.

Tim: Absolutely, it’s like being a post-grad researcher, but better… less fighting for funds.

Gene: They still pay us like post-grads though, and we don’t get accommodation on campus… sleeping on the floor not counted.

Tim: We share an apartment in the next town over, the one with the Agency’s local in it.

Gene: Which is great transport wise: I can walk home from the pub, ride to work or scunge a lift in Tim’s land barge.

Tim: Plus the food is free.

Gene: And it has a nice, big car park for bike polo.

Tim: Not really. The literary scene’s a bit quiet around here, but it’s easy enough to drive up to Rome or Milan on the weekends.

Gene: Pretty much. Rome’s more buzzing that’s for sure, and here you can’t exactly walk down the road to grab an espresso, but if you nip away early on a Friday and drive straight back Monday morning I can put up with losing the rest of the week. If Tim’s headed somewhere I’ll often throw my bike in his car as well and see if there’s any games going.

Gene:
Fixies are where it’s at, but I also don’t mind an espresso or chat over a drink. Just going for a ride though is awesome, getting lost, maybe finding somewhere new and interesting to hang out or some great, underappreciated musician. Seriously though, sometimes it’s great just to flake around in a park with some ciders and shoot the shit.

Tim: Park is good, especially if someone has a gig on… and fixies are awesome. There’s something to be said for just sitting around reading too, or with headphones on listening to music… got to be vinyl though, and hunting down really good records is always fun. Sometimes it’s worth just buying up someone’s whole collection at a flea market or online to see if there’s anything good there.

Gene: Only problem is, if he steals anymore milk crates to keep them in someone’s going to notice.

Tim: Remind me where your bike came from?

Gene: Side of the road isn’t stealing, taking from behind an espresso bar does.

Tim: No-one was using them… moving on though. Other than that it’s always worth driving to one of the larger cities for the poetry meets, particularly if something like the Drunk Poets are meeting.

9) And is there anywhere you would particularly like to go for your next holiday? Have you been there before?
Gene:
I reckon it would be great to visit New York, Berlin or Tokyo… maybe some of the Nordic countries for the design. We were also considering driving up to Venice next time the Biennial was on.

Tim: And by “we” he means I drive and he gets drunker. There’s a couple of great music festivals on around the place I wouldn’t mind going to… farther afield Burning Man is on my “must do” list, and Glastonbury.

10) Since coming to the SWA, do you think your views of the world have shifted at all? If so, how?
Gene:
Not really.

Tim: Ditto, though it’s nice to know the conspiracy theorists may just be onto something occasionally… *solemnly* I will never laugh at the internet whackjobs again.

Gene: And be much more cautious of little girls... and occasionally I need to fight down the urge to wear fishnets around the medical building.

Together:
No weapons quals.

Gene: None. Zip, zero, zilch. Seriously, when are we ever going to need them?

Tim: Yeah, if we get invaded I’ll be too busy running the other direction to pull a gun.

Gene: Or pissing yourself and screaming.

Tim: No, I’ll be running, thanks all the same.

Gene:
Totally awesome. If they’d been cheaply bought at random it might be different, but I read some of the magazines and she or Hilshire have really paid attention. She ought to try her hand at thrifting, reckon she would do well. Flea markets are awesome.

Tim: I love it, I wonder if I could teach her to knit for them?

Gene: Blue!

Tim: No, octarine!

Together: Aaaaaahhhhhh!

14) Is there anyone, Agency or otherwise, you particularly admire or would class as a personal hero?
Gene:
You’ve probably never heard of them.

Tim: I don’t know… Steve Jobs? Oscar Wilde?

Gene: Jobs I could back… maybe Phillipe Stark, Buckminster Fuller or Le Corbusier?

Tim: Some of The Beatles.

Gene: Really?

Tim: *straight face* Really.

Tim:
Peacefully, of old age, preferably as a household name.

Gene: Drunk out of my mind, or, you know those, I think they’re some sort of rat, which dies of exhaustion after mating season… both if I could manage it. Then wind up on the front page for it. I can see it now: Starchitect Dead of Booze and Women! Household name ho!

In case you had not guessed, Gene and Tim basically think they’re on the best, never ending, Ph.D research assignment ever.

Last edited by Alfisti on Tue 23 Jul 2013 - 8:08; edited 2 times in total

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5752

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Inside the SWA Staff

Post by Thescarredman on Sun 15 Sep 2013 - 18:38

Oho. I have got to find a place for these guys in a story...

Didn't spot this thread until now. Lots of potential here.
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 1863

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 15 Sep 2013 - 20:44

May name is Licia Cerutti, M.D. and my role is as a field medic. When multiple fratelli are deployed on a mission, I am sent along to provide emergency medical assistance.

After completing my dottore in Pediatrics at the Sapienza University of Rome, I performed my residence at the L’Ospedale Pediatrico Bambino Gesù. A couple of years ago I attended a conference on recent advances in pediatrics in Naples and one of the presenters was Doctor Adamo Belesario, who’d been a professor at Sapienza during my studies.

I’d barely been out of residency when Adamo recommended me for this position so not really.

4) In your role, who is it you have the most contact with? Staff? Fratelli? A bit of both?

I work extensively with the rest of the Technology Department staff as well as the fratelli.

I’ve actually had Michelin Star food – Michele took me to La Pergola as a thank you for patching up his cyborg during the Castelverde mission – and I have to say that I think Tenente Papaccio’s team could be contenders for such honors, “Mystery Monday” perhaps being an exception. On the other hand, the team that works Wednesdays can be really hit or miss with their fusion concepts and I wish someone would hide the salt from that Carabinieri outfit on Thursdays.

It’s a pleasant facility. Italy’s nobles and religious elite knew how to live. And the medical facilities are certainly state of the art.

The security can be a bit confining. I have to be careful to remember my cover story and I know all of my conversations and correspondence are monitored. I understand the need, but the lack of privacy sometimes rubs me the wrong way

I used to play tennis, but finding a partner is difficult. I tried a few friendly matches with the Stanaway girl, but she quickly forgets I’m not a cyborg and having my serves returned to me at 300 km/h quickly dulled my enthusiasm.

I never thought of Spain, since it’s a similar climate to Italy, but Michele and Kara speak so favorably of Barcelona and Valencia that I may give it a try.

I was too young to remember the Years of Lead, but the Years of Blue have been a constant part of my adolescent and adult life. Workings as I do for the Government I am exposed to pretty much their side of the story, but I do believe in the Republic and think Padania and the PRF are a danger.

Pass. Smile

I had one when I was a young girl, so of course I think it’s very cool.

Cerulean.

A hero? Not in particular. I admire Doctor Bianchi, however.

Between cybernetics and nanotechnology, I plan to live forever. Very Happy

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10896

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Sun 15 Sep 2013 - 21:41

Quick work, Kisk. And of predictably good quality. Nice detailing of your OC's life; nothing generic about this kid's backstory. I chuckled over the answer to Question 8 - I'd love to see 'the Stanaway girl's' racket, and the ball they used.
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 1863

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Mon 16 Sep 2013 - 4:19

Thescarredman wrote:I chuckled over the answer to Question 8 - I'd love to see 'the Stanaway girl's' racket, and the ball they used.
Yes, I imagine playing a cyborg you'd be liable to finish with a concussion and sporting "gnidlapS" permanently imprinted on your forehead...

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5752

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by topgearbrzgt86 on Sun 21 May 2017 - 21:20

Note: This is an AU version of Charlotte, appearing only in the holiday stories Bathduck monster and I have written. So no, there is no real "Supernatural Department.) Razz 

1) OK, for the records, please state your name and tell us a bit about your role at the SWA.

I am Charlotte Bautista Haywood-Baptiste, more commonly referred as Charlotte Haywood, and I am one of the operatives inducted into the Social Welfare Agency’s newly-inducted “Supernatural Department.”

2) So what turn of (mis)fortune brought you here? What did you do before?

I wouldn’t say ‘misfortune,’ because I met Jamiebel Angkahan, one of your operatives here, some time ago… about a year and a bit, and it was love at first sight for me.

Beforehand (and currently still), attending college was what I did. That… and help out with favors from my girlfriend, Nacht Midas Kromell.  

Oh, and I also was a hero for fun. Seriously. I even have the photos to prove it. (pulls out an album of photos) The woman with the twin braids and the purple hair? Yeah. That was me.

Not really; I just planned on traveling the world with Nacht is all.

I have the most contact with the Loeb fratello of Frédéric Loeb, Jim Eligino, and aforementioned Jamiebel. Second-most would be the Cassano fratello of Enzo, Nicia and Santa Cassano.

Can’t say for sure… I do like some of the international stuff they make.

A bit too much paperwork for my liking, but yes. Life on the campus… let’s just say there will never be a dull moment.

A couple things: making women flustered and trying to flirt with them, and traveling the world. However, those are just mere trifles.

Chatting with Jamiebel or Nacht, taking a stroll outside, sleeping together with my girlfriend… those are some of the ways I relax. Hobbies… I like sports. Will that do?

And before you ask... yes, I am a lewd person. Get used to it. Razz 

Nah. I’d just take the chance as it comes!

I had, and still have, no views of the world, to be honest. I live my life the way I want to, and speak my mind.

Seriously? Less paperwork. I’d be so much happier with that.

It’s cute! Does that count for something?

I’ve been leaning towards purple, but I’ve had an affinity to royal blue and gold, because of Nacht.

I’m my own hero. (laughs) I have always wanted to say that.

Who wants to live forever, anyway…?

I’d like to die together with Nacht. The two of us were born outcasts of this world, and came together under that reason. Society would at first reject our love, but probably warm up eventually to it, but the two of us would know - through thick and thin - that our love is true. I want us to die in our sleep after the most passionate night in bed, as our souls intertwine for eternity to the heavens above.

We are like two beings unable to find their place in Heaven and Hell… Nacht, the angel - the embodiment of Heaven, and me, the harlot - the personification of Hell.

Wow, that sounded cheesy… and lewd. (chuckles) Put simply, I’d like to die in bed with my girlfriend.

topgearbrzgt86

Male

Forum Posts : 452

Fan of : Top Gear, Initial D, etc.

Original Characters : Jim, Jamiebel, Davina, Bernan, Frédéric. (More to come.)

Comments : You have to leave the space. All the time you have to leave the space!
-Fernando Alonso

Registration date : 2013-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum