Alternate Assassination Methods

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Alternate Assassination Methods

Post by BleepinFireman on Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 13:44

All right, then how about something like hidden blades? Not just limited to Assasin's Creed, but as in like a hidden blade that jumps out and kills the person, or maims them

BleepinFireman

Forum Posts : 60

Registration date : 2013-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 16:52

My non-GSG French cyborg, Noël Tachibana, has two ceramic blades with a deployment system that she can strap to her forearms so they can drop down into her hands.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10875

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 17:29

@Kiskaloo wrote:My non-GSG French cyborg, Noël Tachibana, has two ceramic blades with a deployment system that she can strap to her forearms so they can drop down into her hands.

Ironic you use that image for a cyborg as she was half dead as well !

Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Forum Posts : 2131

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 20:18

The cyborgs are children, right, and children are known to fool around and misbehave when they should be behaving. The target is waiting at the train station, the two youngest appearing 'borgs are running around the station playing tag while a handler chases after them, pretending to be a parent or such and chastising them, demanding that they stop that because it's dangerous, and the 'borgs 'ignore' him/her. As the train starts to pull in, the children 'accidently' bump into the target and push him under the train. Everyone will stand there in shock for a moment, some people will start to crowd around to see if there's the off chance that the poor man pushed under the train might be alive, 'borgs and handler slip away in the chaos. CCTV and whatnot in the station might cause some problems, but I'm sure the SWA can just make those tapes disappear.

Three Dog

Forum Posts : 1243

Registration date : 2012-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by BleepinFireman on Fri 6 Sep 2013 - 2:16

@Three Dog wrote:The cyborgs are children, right, and children are known to fool around and misbehave when they should be behaving. The target is waiting at the train station, the two youngest appearing 'borgs are running around the station playing tag while a handler chases after them, pretending to be a parent or such and chastising them, demanding that they stop that because it's dangerous, and the 'borgs 'ignore' him/her. As the train starts to pull in, the children 'accidently' bump into the target and push him under the train. Everyone will stand there in shock for a moment, some people will start to crowd around to see if there's the off chance that the poor man pushed under the train might be alive, 'borgs and handler slip away in the chaos. CCTV and whatnot in the station might cause some problems, but I'm sure the SWA can just make those tapes disappear.
But isn't that basically just a staged "accident"?

BleepinFireman

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Fri 6 Sep 2013 - 3:01

@BleepinFireman wrote:
@Three Dog wrote:The cyborgs are children, right, and children are known to fool around and misbehave when they should be behaving. The target is waiting at the train station, the two youngest appearing 'borgs are running around the station playing tag while a handler chases after them, pretending to be a parent or such and chastising them, demanding that they stop that because it's dangerous, and the 'borgs 'ignore' him/her. As the train starts to pull in, the children 'accidently' bump into the target and push him under the train. Everyone will stand there in shock for a moment, some people will start to crowd around to see if there's the off chance that the poor man pushed under the train might be alive, 'borgs and handler slip away in the chaos. CCTV and whatnot in the station might cause some problems, but I'm sure the SWA can just make those tapes disappear.
Well, I guess. But it is different to the 'borg's usual protocol of "Sneaky, sneaky, pretend to be a regular child *bang*."

Three Dog

Forum Posts : 1243

Registration date : 2012-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Fri 6 Sep 2013 - 10:13

everything and anything can be a weapon; even your hand Razz

Yuki: Signore Kuroneko, you've watched 'The Mechanic', right? *stare*

Me: nope, i've watched 'Kill me baby' marathon *Laugh*

Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Forum Posts : 1169

Registration date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Fri 6 Sep 2013 - 10:35

@Three Dog wrote:
@BleepinFireman wrote:
Well, I guess. But it is different to the 'borg's usual protocol of "Sneaky, sneaky, pretend to be a regular child *bang*."
I would say that anything that isn't "shoot it with a gun" would fall under "alternate" for the purposes of this thread". 

In which case, technically speaking, neck snap is "alternate". Still, the circumstances with which that would occur are certainly very different from that of the typical cyborg-based gun slinging. For example, attempting to neck snap in the middle of the street would end very badly.

Il Direttore

Forum Posts : 1003

Registration date : 2012-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by BleepinFireman on Fri 6 Sep 2013 - 23:35

So alternate assassination: That umbrella that launches poison when you jab someone with it, can't remember what its called though

BleepinFireman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 6 Sep 2013 - 23:57

@BleepinFireman wrote:So alternate assassination: That umbrella that launches poison when you jab someone with it, can't remember what its called though
Bulgarian Umbrella

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10875

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Sun 6 Apr 2014 - 8:48

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_YAL-1

apparently...if the SWA managed to acquire this.... Razz
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Forum Posts : 1169

Fan of : no one

Original Characters : sooo many

Comments : "Should i shoot you, or stab you?"

Registration date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Fri 13 Jun 2014 - 20:07

The girls found the wayward lawn dart beneath Jean’s whooping car. The errant missile was upright, the weighted head buried in the asphalt, its tattered plastic fletching brushing the edges of the hole in the floorpan.

“Siamo condannati.” Henrietta stood staring into the passenger window, fists to her mouth. There was a hole in the vehicle’s roof to match the one in the floor, and a long tear in the driver’s seat. “Why couldn’t it have been Sandro’s car, or Mister Pagani’s?”

The alarm cut off. Sylvia said to Triela, “Run for it?”

“Not an option,” the senior cyborg said, with an elaborate glance at the camera mounted on the building’s wall.

Jean appeared in the doorway of the main building sixty meters away. He stood watching the crowd a moment, then started toward them. Triela straightened her collar and cuffs and stepped forward, only to be blocked by Rico.

“I’m senior,” the tall blonde said.

“My handler,” Rico replied, and trotted forward to meet him. She spoke to him, her head tilted far up to meet his eyes, which, like the rest of his face, gave away nothing. He glanced toward the car and the girls clustered around it, and Triela’s throat tightened. But he stuck his hands in his pockets and ambled toward them, Rico at his side.

Jean got down on one hand and knee to examine the dart, then stood to look over the damage to his car, while the five cyborgs stood frozen, watching. Finally, he said mildly, “Any ideas on how I might explain this to the insurance company?”

“A meteor strike?” Rico offered. “We could borrow Claes’s meso-chon-thingy.”

“The adjuster would expect to see a crater,” Jean said. He glanced sharply at Bice. “No.” He squeezed his key, and the doors unlocked. “I’m going to move the car. Leave the dart where it is.”

When the rear bumper just cleared the dart, Jean stopped and got out. He pulled the dart out of the pavement with some effort, wiggling it to loosen the asphalt’s grip. The chief handler examined the battered missile, turning it this way and that, hefting it, unscrewing the plastic fletching from the metal body and reattaching it. “Where were you playing?”

“In the center courtyard, at the other end.”

“Eighty meters?” He glanced at the three-story building between. “What were you aiming for?”

“The target ring, about twenty meters away.” The senior cyborg shifted. “It’s good hand-eye exercise. But if you’re still learning to control your limbs…” She trailed off as Jean looked over the assembled cyborgs: Triela, Rico, Sylvia, Henrietta, Beatrice.

“Which tells me that the culprit isn’t here,” he said. “In the dorm, I suppose, trying to put together an alibi? One of you fetch her back here, now.” He flipped open his phone. “This is Jean Croce. I want a big passenger van and a couple men from the duty roster to take six cyborgs and their gear out to the training ground. Pick them up in the warehouse lot in ten minutes.” The chief handler disconnected and made another call. “Ricapero? Jean Croce here. I’m coming over with a lawn dart. I want you to – yes, a lawn dart, like for the game. I want you to see what you can come up with that has the same weight and balance. Explosive charge, incendiary, maybe something to penetrate light armor. An adjustable timer might be handy too. I’ll be there in fifteen minutes.” Jean closed the phone. “All of you, gather your stuff up and hustle back here.” To Triela he said, “Start with the rings at twenty meters. Keep moving them further apart until nobody can hit them. Record everything – hits and misses for each of you at every range, improvements in accuracy, all of it. Use a variety of trajectories, high and low, and record flight times.”

The girls stared at the chief handler’s receding back for half a minute, then Henrietta said, “He took it really well. He didn’t even yell at us.”

Triela frowned. “He took one of our favorite games away from us and turned it into weapons training. Oh, he punished us, all right.”
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 1742

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by taerKitty on Fri 13 Jun 2014 - 20:24

cheers  ROTFL  ROTFL  ROTFL  cheers

Alfisti: "Welcome to the SWA... don't worry, your cyborg is probably less confused than you are".
taerKitty

Male

Forum Posts : 1154

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : Dina & Paolo

Comments : The feelz... the feelz...

Registration date : 2012-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 13 Jun 2014 - 20:27

Hmm, Agapita and her mortar may be in danger of being made redundant....

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5700

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Fri 13 Jun 2014 - 21:08

Triela: When Agapita plays, there's no competition for first place, so we don't count her score.
Thescarredman

Male

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Fri 13 Jun 2014 - 23:22

Very, very nice work TSM!  Very Happy

A lawn dart from 80 m away, explosive or not, tossed by one of the cyborgs would be pretty inconspicuous in flight and a very ignominious way to die.

The perfect might be the enemy of the good. Then again, so is the mediocre.
PSVT

Male

Forum Posts : 479

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : Giancarlo Rossi and his cyborgs Valentina R. and Eleonora R.; James Bernard and his cyborg Rachelle

Comments : Working on an actual story now, so please be patient... ^_^;

Registration date : 2014-05-27
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Sat 14 Jun 2014 - 7:02

Hell, a lawn dart is probably sufficiently light that a cyborg could use it like a throwing knife, but still of sufficiently large mass that you only have to hit the target, not do some crazy precise hit-its-weak-point-for-massive-damage throwing. 

...I have a sudden urge to apply this to a mission.

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too."

- President John F. Kennedy
Il Direttore

Male

Fan of : Henrietta, Triela

Original Characters : Lieutenant James Spettro/Caterina

Comments : In yon strait path a thousand may well be stopped by three. Now who will stand on either hand, and keep the bridge with me?’ -Horatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 14 Jun 2014 - 7:20

I actually quite like the idea of a weaponised lawn-dart for cyborgs. It's sort of something that only someone with cyborg strength could properly make effective, so it's also one of the few times a dedicated tech branch (not associated to the actual cyborg developers/builders) makes sense: cyborg specific technologies.

Plus it's also enjoyably low-tech.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Sat 14 Jun 2014 - 7:24

Huh. 

Alfi, do you mind if I borrow that idea for later? I might have a way to rejigger DoWL suddenly...

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too."

Il Direttore

Male

Comments : In yon strait path a thousand may well be stopped by three. Now who will stand on either hand, and keep the bridge with me?’ -Horatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 14 Jun 2014 - 7:33

@Il Direttore wrote:Huh. 

Alfi, do you mind if I borrow that idea for later? I might have a way to rejigger DoWL suddenly...
Which idea is that? I didn't think I said anything particularly original.  sweat

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Sat 14 Jun 2014 - 11:15

A cyborg Q branch. That's not something I've seen before. Maybe you're thinking about it different from me, but I wonder if it isn't possible, for example, to do a thing where someone in the armory tinkers with the firearms based on the girls' preferences. After all, the armorer probably has plenty of time on their hands.

Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 14 Jun 2014 - 17:41

Ah ok. I think some sort of SWA Q-branch equivalent has made an appearance in a few different peoples' stories: MP5, Voodoo, Kisk(?)... mine, off the top of my head. As an organisation, depending on story and author, it seems to run from being well funded, vital, "friends of the family", to shoestring, tinkering, pains in the posteriors (J+M's view... who also refuse to refer to them as Q-branch having "worked with the real thing"). Sometimes they're used as a means by which to get fancy gear, personally I find the tech division a useful means by which to deal with niggly problems that, if you were to show the characters solving themselves, would bog the story right down. Example: no-one wants to watch Jethro+Monty acquiring new firearms every time they fly somewhere, so it was easier to have Q-branch create a shielded compartment in their suitcase to allow them their pistols, a suppressor for Monty, and a spare magazine each.

Of course, you don't want to start making life easy all the time either, but it is useful for streamlining the story a bit... and, of course, sometimes Q-branch's equipment can create its own problems.  Wink

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Sat 14 Jun 2014 - 18:07

Well of course, but you recall how Caterina is a technically oriented cyborg. I wonder if she can't get halfway demoted from full cyborg to auxiliary unit, due to complications of some kind, and then ending up tinkering with things in her abundant spare time? 

It's a bit of a common trope, yes, but I suppose I never thought about it from the angle of "there is nothing you can do about this" rather than the angle of "do everything possible to get back in the game".

Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 14 Jun 2014 - 21:31

Interesting sounding premise... one to spend some time thinking about certainly.

Is Caterina the sort to try and get back into the game if that happened? Or, to put it another way, would it require some adjustment of her personality/careful plotting to put her in the mindset of "nothing to do about this".

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore on Sun 15 Jun 2014 - 1:20

Not sure yet. Caterina's been sleeping a lot lately, haven't been able to chat with her in a while. I suspect that she's perfectly capable of going with the flow, since James is a rather, shall we say, occasionally unorthodox handler. It wouldn't be horribly difficult, for example, for a clumsy just-activated-cyborg to be put through an overly complex exercise that gets something irreparably damaged. Falling masonry perhaps, from a tricky climb down the side of a building that ends in tragedy. Yesss... I like this idea...

Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sun 15 Jun 2014 - 1:29

Depending on what was to get damaged, it would also be another bit of reasoning for her to be kept back from the fighting, helping with the C&C role...

...and/or, perhaps, some self doubt over everyone else being out, taking the knocks while she isn't.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Sun 15 Jun 2014 - 2:33

Alpha: Upon first arriving at the SWA; I suggested to the Board that I instruct the operatives in the creation of and implementation of Ricin and Abrin. The rejection of this idea was quite, shall we say....enthusiastic.

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2560

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Sun 15 Jun 2014 - 6:52

In an attempt to derail the thread even further, there's been quite a bit of discussion on the pecking order among the cyborgs in the 'Senior cyborg' thread lately, and diverse opinions offered. Note the exchange between Rico and Triela in the lawn dart fic, and how Jean automatically puts her in charge.

If somebody has a reply to that, though, it should probably go in that thread...
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum