Pregnancy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pregnancy

Post by Schaschanist on Fri 23 Aug 2013 - 6:42

Well,

how could I explain it:
I was wondering for a while, since some of our Original Characters seem to have a pretty active sexual live (My OC also has done it...), how the agency would handle it when a cyborg get pregnant, or how would named cyborg react.

Would they abort it themself or force the named girl to an abortion? Would they allow her at least to give birth?
What would you think or say? I'm curious

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know where it had come from but somehow I developed a pretty dark personality, sarcasm and irony are my friends, torturing and fooling everybody is my hobby and I wear almost only black....am I strange? -Schaschanist-

Je suis juste un petit fille de goth. -Emilie Valerie De Laroque-
Schaschanist

Male

Forum Posts : 786

Fan of : Henrietta,Triela and Claes; Hydrangea

Original Characters : Etienne & Emilie or "Eti & Emi"

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...

Registration date : 2010-12-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Pregnancy

Post by Odon on Fri 23 Aug 2013 - 7:08

The girl has a mechanical body. However, she is still an adolescent child. This does not stop Sandro.  It does however stop inconvenient pregnancies.

Presenting

Bittersweet Fools II

"I had a dream. We were together in my dream. We were brother and sister, father and mother, wife and husband. And both of us were both."
-- The Princess and the Warrior

Odon

Male

Forum Posts : 465

Registration date : 2010-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Fri 23 Aug 2013 - 7:32

Mechanical body.... Well, the extent depends on the author.
Some like Kisk and Elfen (i think were it) have argued often they still have their reproductive system alive and working (aside Henrietta, the poor).
Triela also had menstrual cramps in the manga.

So from the biological stand it would be possible as long as they are not infertile of their own or sterilized.

The question is IF, HOW would either the agency or the cyborg handle it.

I don't know where it had come from but somehow I developed a pretty dark personality, sarcasm and irony are my friends, torturing and fooling everybody is my hobby and I wear almost only black....am I strange? -Schaschanist-

Schaschanist

Male

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 23 Aug 2013 - 8:29

Within my fictional universe I have the girls rendered sterile, but that's just a personal decision made on the basis that it just makes things cleaner as I would expect a pregnancy would be something the Agency does not want to deal with and by making them sterile, you end any such concerns.

If a cyborg did get pregnant, I would expect the fetus would be aborted (they can't afford to have a cyborg out of action to allow the child to be brought to term), followed shortly thereafter by the handler for gross incompetence in knocking their girl up in the first place.

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10901

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Fri 23 Aug 2013 - 16:26

@Kiskaloo wrote:Within my fictional universe I have the girls rendered sterile, but that's just a personal decision made on the basis that it just makes things cleaner as I would expect a pregnancy would be something the Agency does not want to deal with and by making them sterile, you end any such concerns.

If a cyborg did get pregnant, I would expect the fetus would be aborted (they can't afford to have a cyborg out of action to allow the child to be brought to term), followed shortly thereafter by the handler for gross incompetence in knocking their girl up in the first place.
I guess it doesn't even matter WHO made the girl pregnant... the fact itself is what counts. Razz

Sterilization I would say really depends on the author.

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Fri 23 Aug 2013 - 17:58

I looked at this issue when I was writing 'Porcupine Love'. I think that if one of the girls thought herself pregnant, her conditioned loyalty would trump any maternal instincts and she'd choose to abort rather than let pregnancy hamper her usefulness to her handler.

That being said, I'd go with Kisk on this one: the girls are tools, and sterilizing them is cheap insurance against unexpected downtime. There's nothing to be gained, from the Agency standpoint, by letting them reproduce; it isn't as if their special abilities might be passed on to their offspring, after all.
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 1888

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Odon on Sat 24 Aug 2013 - 2:01

"I had a dream. We were together in my dream. We were brother and sister, father and mother, wife and husband. And both of us were both."

Odon

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 24 Aug 2013 - 2:24

To be honest, I'm also in the steralise camp, it just makes no sense for the Agency not to.

If one did somehow slip through the net though: I think the girl would either abort on her own or be forced to by the SWA. The girls have a limited useful lifespan, the SWA can't afford to have them out of action for 9 months. Also, if you're coming from the school that a cyborg carries some flexible armour through her mid-section... well, I'm not so sure how well that would stretch to allow a fetus to grow.

As to her reaction, well, I guess that depends on the girl.

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5765

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 24 Aug 2013 - 2:37

LMAO @ Odon!

In my universe the girls are fertile but the conditioning meds also acts like birth control. Also knowing that the girls get examined so often, a pregnancy can be easily picked up and dealt with accordingly (abortion). A girl needs certain hormones that is not produced or regulated by her cybernetics. Without it, the testosterone from her Adrenal  Glands will have her sporting a mustache and beard in no time.

Depending on how early it is found, it can be dealt with a pill (RU 486 is one option, there are other abortion pills). This gives little down time of 24 to 48 hours. Surgery abortions (up to 3 months) will also have little down time, of 24 to 72 hours. But a pregnancy will be detected long before a month passes, so surgery will be the least of a cyborg's problem.

The problem I see is a pregnant cyborg itself - morning sickness, mood swings, cravings at odd hours... that will make her inoperable until it is dealt with. Last thing you need is during a mission is your cyborg starts throwing up all over the place!

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by taerKitty on Sat 24 Aug 2013 - 7:37

IUD?

Alfisti: "Welcome to the SWA... don't worry, your cyborg is probably less confused than you are".
taerKitty

Male

Forum Posts : 1172

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : Dina & Paolo

Comments : The feelz... the feelz...

Registration date : 2012-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Sat 24 Aug 2013 - 13:31

It is an interesting subject. It's  'fertile' ground for several story ideas. Hmm...

Last edited by tremec6speed on Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 23:19; edited 1 time in total
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 1973

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Odon on Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 9:22

@taerkitty wrote:IUD?

Odon

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 17:23

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Odon on Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 20:44

Yours is funnier...

Odon

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 23:22

Poor 'etta, smiling innocently about something like that always gets me. 
Sad
tremec6speed

Male

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 23:52

An IUD is "Intrauterine Device" which means "Inside the Uterus"...

How can Henrietta have an IUD in her if her Uterus was taken out?

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sun 1 Sep 2013 - 12:17

If you’ll remember, Britney was fertile through her whole career at the agency and went on to have two kids, so…

What…?

Oh, this is cannon, right, okay…

Ahem… I’m going to have to go with Alfisti on this one. You can come up with all the fanciful stories you want (like I have), but in reality their live are short and serve only one purpose. If, as Alfisti said, one slipped though the net, it would be quickly aborted. It’s something the Agency would do without a second thought.

“I don’t hate him specifically, it’s the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.”
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Sun 1 Sep 2013 - 17:14

@Danjo3 wrote:If you’ll remember, Britney was fertile through her whole career at the agency and went on to have two kids, so…

What…?

Oh, this is cannon, right, okay…

Ahem… I’m going to have to go with Alfisti on this one. You can come up with all the fanciful stories you want (like I have), but in reality their live are short and serve only one purpose. If, as Alfisti said, one slipped though the net, it would be quickly aborted. It’s something the Agency would do without a second thought.
Exactly....... I think. That is, they (the 'Borgs) are not seen as real people per se, right? So if say, tomorrow a scientist manages to speed up the age process, (both within the womb and after birth, BIG stretch here, I know sweat) then pregnancy would be more than encouraged, it be standard procedure for the handler so as not have to seek more victi- er, recruits to be prepped, instead they impregnate the "tools of the trade" and have a ready supply of fighters..... ugh. Vicious.  Wuh?
Jean:(over the loud speaker) 'Now hear this: Our quota of new recruits for this month has once more been filled by that hobgoblin of love, that spy with a gleam in his eye, Sandro! That is all....'
Sandro: Um, heh heh, all in a day's work! Well done! On Cloud 9 Um, are you alright, Petra, sweety?
Petra: ......shuddup........ ohh..... Doh!

Last edited by tremec6speed on Sun 1 Sep 2013 - 17:39; edited 2 times in total
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 1 Sep 2013 - 17:36

Amadeo: "Hey! Don't forget the Agent of Love's contributions!"

Britney: "You've knocked me up twice already, buddy. I'm not ready for a third just yet."

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Sun 1 Sep 2013 - 17:39

Jose: Damn, we lost another one yesterday, poor thing. Right Sandro?
Sandro: Yee haw!  Not Worthy! 
Jose: W\'ever
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 on Sun 1 Sep 2013 - 22:37

Wow....

I can't begin to comprehend the level of vitriolic character assassination being thrown at Sandro right now.

Really guys... He has a natural attraction towards red-heads. Isn't that enough of a punishment for one man?

Glocks are not the shit. Glocks can fail the same as any other gun. I've seen it personally, and have even heard first-hand accounts of something as basic as a slide-retaining pin snapping, the slide flying off. Get over the obsession and buy what fits your hand, your wallet, and ability.
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 823

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 14:17

@maverick375 wrote:Wow....

I can't begin to comprehend the level of vitriolic character assassination being thrown at Sandro right now.

Really guys... He has a natural attraction towards red-heads. Isn't that enough of a punishment for one man?
Jus' messing with Alessandro. Actually, me thinks of him as a perty cool character! 

(snappy dresser too) Wink
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Wed 16 Jul 2014 - 18:14

Sorry for bringing up an old topic, it's in my mind for quite a time recently, but since the SWA has found a "peaceful" end i think it opened up a new dimension in relation to pregnancy.

I do want to believe since the counter-terrorism- wing has been shut they let the girls live a peaceful life.
Maybe they got back their memories, who knows. Maybe their reconstruct the girls into young adults, unlikely, in fanfiction already done.
But what about sex and resulting pregnancy?
And the better question: HOW do they react to it? I mean how their cyborg-bodies react.

Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Wed 16 Jul 2014 - 20:44

Still the same, Schaschanist. If the girls are working for them, their pregnancies will be dealt with accordingly: Abortion.

The flip side of the coin is this: if an agency has children working for them, do they want any rumors of one of their child agents known to be pregnant? No they wont. That is why it will be dealt with accordingly.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Thu 17 Jul 2014 - 3:39

@Schaschanist wrote:Sorry for bringing up an old topic...
One of the things I particularly like about this forum is that you're allowed to dredge up old threads should you wish to discuss them further or have something to add.

Back to the question however...
@Schaschanist wrote:HOW do they react to it? I mean how their cyborg-bodies react.
Assuming we're talking how they might cope in a purely physical sense, so glossing over the probable scenarios of sterility or voluntary/Agency directed abortions... I still don't think it would work.

At this point, it's probably worth noting I come from the school of thought that says the cyborgs are mostly artificial, certainly their skeletal and muscular structure, and are therefore incapable of natural growth (and yes, I know the cyborgs are taller in later volumes, I've always put that down to Yu's changing tastes and style). On that premise: I just don't think a body laced with carbon nanotubes and titanium is going to be capable of the physical changes and... erm... expansions, shall we say... required to accommodate a developing foetus. Certainly not of those required to carry one to full term. At the very best they may be able to hope for a very premature baby, but I'll leave that possible discussion to those with more medical knowledge than I.

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5765

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Thu 17 Jul 2014 - 6:53

I think it's fairly obvious in the cannon universe that the girls can not get pregnant due to their inability to grow to maturity.  Also Henrietta literally can not get pregnant due to missing certain body parts.  In our own fictional universes I think it depends on how we imagined the cyborization process working so each of our answers will vary somewhat.  In my own universe I hadn't really considered the question but since I do have the girls growing older then yes I guess they can get pregnant.  Excluding Henrietta of course due to the missing parts.
crazyidiot78

Male

Forum Posts : 1534

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : none at this time

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Thu 17 Jul 2014 - 22:19

Both Alfisti and CI are right. It depends on how cybernetic the girls are. In my OC Universe, the girls are still dependent on certain parts so they are not removed. The girls eat and drink, that's needed, so they need a digestive system of some kind - artificial or not. Their brains need a hormonal fight or flight boost, so the Adrenal glands are still there along with the kidneys, but the Adrenal glands are cybernetically tapped to make them into "War Glands."

The problem here is the manufacture of testosterone by the adrenal that would cause problems. Without the ovaries making estrogen and proestrogen to cancel testosterone, the girls would develop facial hair, deep voices and other male characteristics. That is why my cyborg girls are sexually intact.

Francesca is one of the OC Universe accepted "First Prototypes." Her arms, legs, one eye was replaced, her pelvic girdle, shoulders skull, and spinal column were reinforced. When she grew up, her bones could not grow, but her organs did so she, or her feminine parts, grew up deformed. During her rebuild, Fernando gave the instructions of "Since you can not make her taller, then rebuild  her at her current height as petite woman." And that is what he got, though he did not know that she was going to be his. Francesca also does not have an inner bullet resistant lining that many cyborg has. Since she is "Sexually Intact" she can have sex, go through her cycle and get pregnant like any other fertile woman. But the Conditioning Drugs does act as a birth control in some of the girls due to their dosing. Since Francesca is on a bare minimum dose, it does not for her.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum