Gunslinger girl game emulated in PC

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gunslinger girl game emulated in PC

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Tue 7 Jan 2014 - 16:19

After playing some PSP game in PC using PSP emulator, i decide to try installing PS2 emulator right into my PC.... and that first game i was lookig for is not other than Gunslinger girl Volume II, but to test the emulation power, i decide to download the first volume for testing, and it's perfectly playable ROTFL

So, relieving back the PS2 days, PC style, playing GSG on PC Razz
Although the Japanese text is kinda hard for me to read, but i'll 'press' on into the game ROTFL
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Forum Posts : 1169

Fan of : no one

Original Characters : sooo many

Comments : "Should i shoot you, or stab you?"

Registration date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Gunslinger girl game emulated in PC

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 7 Jan 2014 - 16:55

I think someone posted a game guide to them either here or on the Internet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10887

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Tue 7 Jan 2014 - 17:15

@Kiskaloo wrote:I think someone posted a game guide to them either here or on the Internet.
i wold love to read the 'manual' for this game, even the training session of this game is considered hard and require you to be quick on the finger to the keyboard...
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Forum Posts : 1169

Fan of : no one

Original Characters : sooo many

Comments : "Should i shoot you, or stab you?"

Registration date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Wed 8 Jan 2014 - 12:44

I had a bit of help from a friend (via Skype) during the initial start-up procedure but the mechanics of the game are real interesting. Although it's considered a 'rail-shooter'; I found it to be a quite effective merging of older gun games like Unreal Tournament and Quake 3 Arena with newer mechanics as seen in the early 2000's on PC like the Battlefield series and Infinity Ward's Call of Duty series.

Also to note that the cover mechanic is quite unique in this game and I can't help wondering if Gears of War actually took more than a few cues from a run through of this game.

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2561

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Godot on Wed 8 Jan 2014 - 23:46

@boomer_gonz wrote:I had a bit of help from a friend (via Skype) during the initial start-up procedure but the mechanics of the game are real interesting. Although it's considered a 'rail-shooter'; I found it to be a quite effective merging of older gun games like Unreal Tournament and Quake 3 Arena with newer mechanics as seen in the early 2000's on PC like the Battlefield series and Infinity Ward's Call of Duty series.

Also to note that the cover mechanic is quite unique in this game and I can't help wondering if Gears of War actually took more than a few cues from a run through of this game.
I haven't tried the GSG game yet, but cover mechanics are nothing new to rail shooters like Time Crisis, so GSG probably took a hint from that.

I tried playing the game on my computer a long time ago, but setting up the PS2 emulator seems was an incredibly daunting task. I remember giving up half way, but I really wanted to try the game. Shame it can't be easier to setup.

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is." - Kino's Journey
Godot

Male

Forum Posts : 198

Fan of : Henrietta

Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 on Tue 28 Jan 2014 - 0:58

I have all three, and modded my PS2 to run them. The largest PITA was racking up the points on exactly the right stage to unlock the guns. The one where you had to blast the Helo just right was I think the worst. There are several walk-throughs online that describe the requirements.
I wish it had been localized, or at least text-translated. The story is quite good. Although I'm not entirely sure why they had Pia and Henrietta blasting away at each other "Noir" style. The only thing missing from it was the gladiator-style dresses a la Kirika and Chloe.

The "bonus" missions with Triela and Rico were interesting, though it really wasn't all that different play-wise.

Glocks are not the shit. Glocks can fail the same as any other gun. I've seen it personally, and have even heard first-hand accounts of something as basic as a slide-retaining pin snapping, the slide flying off. Get over the obsession and buy what fits your hand, your wallet, and ability.
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 823

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content