Are you a left handed?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Are you a left handed?

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Mon 3 Feb 2014 - 13:02

So, i finally finished my freelance research regarding Left-handed person as the major contributor in history and finally making a relation to all of the info and famous person in history. If you guys don't trust this, then it's fine for me.

The word left in English comes from the Anglo-Saxon word lyft, which means weak or broken. The Oxford English Dictionary defines left-handed as meaning crippled, defective, awkward, clumsy, inapt, characterized by underhanded dealings, ambiguous, doubtful, questionable, ill-omened, inauspicious, and illegitimate, creative.

10~20% of the world population are left handed. Great in musics, arts, tactical strategies, or any other problem involving puzzle solving and creativity. Sometime Introvert, narcissistic, too much emotion, but also friendly, cold, 'Tsundere', or also 'Yandere'

Some also suffer the hatred of opposite sex.

In biological explanation, the left handed user use the right side of the brain, where human use it in problem solving and creativity is created.

most serial killer are left handed.

Left-Handed person adapt any skills more faster than right handed person, but sucks at calculation.

to give the perspective of how good is left-handed person; here's the list of some famous figure in history that are left handed-

-George Smith Patton Jr (US Army armored Calvary commander)

-Bernard Montgomery (British army commander)

-Albert Einstein (Scientist)

-Thomas Edison (inventor)

-Issac Newton (scientist)

-Alexander the great (Ruler)

-Charles Darwin (Scientist)

-Benjamin Franklin (scientist, politician)

-Lewis Carol (Novelist)

-Sergei Rachmaninoff (Music composer)

-Tom Cruise (actor)

-Leonardo Davinci (inventor, artist)

-Michelangelo (artist)

-Buzz Aldrin (astronaut, second man on moon)

-King George II of England

-King George VI of England

-Prince Charles of England

-Prince William of England

-Fidel Castro (Cuban leader)

-Napoleon Bonaparte (french ruler)

-Julius Caesar (Roman empire ruler)

-Diego Maradona (soccer)

-John F Kennedy Junior (Son of JFK< Lawyer)

-Barack obama (US president)

-Jack the ripper (serial killer of Whitechapel, identified as left handed after examining all of the victim's injuries)

-Osama Bin Laden (terrorist, identified as left handed because of his famous video shooting an AK-47)

-Sherlock Holmes (Fictional character by Sir Arthur Conan Doyles, which himself also left handed)

And that barely scratch the surface of the famous left-handed person.
Dunno if i felt very grateful or scared of myself considering that i have the potential of becoming serial killer, or a leader myself ROTFL

Last edited by Kuroneko on Mon 3 Feb 2014 - 14:52; edited 1 time in total
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Forum Posts : 1169

Fan of : no one

Original Characters : sooo many

Comments : "Should i shoot you, or stab you?"

Registration date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Are you a left handed?

Post by Triela on Mon 3 Feb 2014 - 13:59

I'm left handed! :3 Link fro LoZ is left handed. Very Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2723

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Mon 3 Feb 2014 - 14:51

it's great that we are that 10~20% of world's population that are left-handed Razz
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Mon 3 Feb 2014 - 18:55

In the course of your research, did you dig up any data on people who are ambidextrous?
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 1889

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by PolosElite23 on Mon 3 Feb 2014 - 19:58

@Thescarredman wrote:In the course of your research, did you dig up any data on people who are ambidextrous?
I am ambidextrous, so I'd like to know as well Razz

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
----
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.

-Stanzas 2+4 of Invictus by William Earnest Henley
PolosElite23

Male

Forum Posts : 915

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire, and Angelica

Original Characters : Various

Comments : A journey of a lifetime starts with a blinking cursor.

Registration date : 2013-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Mon 3 Feb 2014 - 22:34

@Thescarredman wrote:In the course of your research, did you dig up any data on people who are ambidextrous?

I did

among all those who are left-handed, you can get 1% ambidextrous or pro-dominant left-hand user in result; whether by training (Like tough Military training in SEAL) or natural born ambidextrous
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Mon 3 Feb 2014 - 23:03

I actually am kinda ambidextrous. Since the world caters to right handed people I can't use a mouse with my left hand, I can't use left handed scissors successfully because I've used right handed all my life, among other things.

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2723

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Tue 4 Feb 2014 - 0:56

@Triela wrote:I actually am kinda ambidextrous. Since the world caters to right handed people I can't use a mouse with my left hand, I can't use left handed scissors successfully because I've used right handed all my life, among other things.

ambidextrous is a definition where one person can master both hand with no problem; meaning that they can operate weapon/mouse/ writing with both hand.

In your case, and like mine too, we're pro-dominant handedness; which use left hand exclusively but occasionally use right hand for instance when writing or eating.

(By the way, i'm prolific when handling the mouse, as i can use the mouse with both hand, but not cutting with scissor...i use my left hand when using scissor)
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Tue 4 Feb 2014 - 8:33

I would imagine being left Handed and a Muslim would be very hard, on an Historical note the Latin word for left handed was Sinistra which gave rise to the word Sinister

Historically, the left side, and subsequently left-handedness, was considered negative in many cultures.

The Latin word sinistra originally meant "left" but took on meanings of "evil" or "unlucky" by the Classical Latin era, and this double meaning survives in European derivatives of Latin, and in the English word "sinister".

Meanings gradually developed from use of these terms in the ancient languages. In many modern European languages, including English, the word for the direction "right" also means "correct" or "proper", and also stands for authority and justice.

In most Slavic languages the root prav is used in words carrying meanings of correctness or justice.

So, if you were left-handed or sinister, you were associated with evil. In time, sinister itself meant evil and threatening.

We are living in the smelly cloud of gods fart,one day the universe will end in a great cloud of airfreshener
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 3:29

@Awinnell wrote:I would imagine being left Handed and a Muslim would be very hard, on an Historical note the Latin word for left handed was Sinistra which gave rise to the word Sinister

Historically, the left side, and subsequently left-handedness, was considered negative in many cultures.

The Latin word sinistra originally meant "left" but took on meanings of "evil" or "unlucky" by the Classical Latin era, and this double meaning survives in European derivatives of Latin, and in the English word "sinister".

Meanings gradually developed from use of these terms in the ancient languages. In many modern European languages, including English, the word for the direction "right" also means "correct" or "proper", and also stands for authority and justice.

In most Slavic languages the root prav is used in words carrying meanings of correctness or justice.

So, if you were left-handed or sinister, you were associated with evil. In time, sinister itself meant evil and threatening.
Sad but true, i'm both Left-handed and a Muslim
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Tue 31 Mar 2015 - 8:32

Count me in the left handed crew as well
crazyidiot78

Male

Forum Posts : 1534

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : none at this time

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Tue 31 Mar 2015 - 11:21

Ambidextrous, but thanks for asking. You should see me handle a knife. Razz

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2561

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Tue 31 Mar 2015 - 17:03

I'll pass I'd like to keep all my bits and parts in one piece and attached to my body.  Now if your cooking dinner on the hand.....
crazyidiot78

Male

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Tue 30 Jun 2015 - 19:22

With almost three hundred members we should have 30 to 60 left handers, so where are the rest of our left handers.
crazyidiot78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Tue 30 Jun 2015 - 19:54

@boomer_gonz wrote:Ambidextrous, but thanks for asking. You should see me handle a knife. Razz

Same here. Won the NYC Fencing championships in 78 - 80 and NYS Fencing championships in 79 - 80 by switching hands against left handers. Left handed fencers can beat a right handed fencer because that is all they fence throughout their careers, but go up against another left hander and they get mentally discombobulated! Figuring that out, I won every match I had.

I'm also a speed freak with nunchucks.

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Tue 30 Jun 2015 - 19:59

remind me not to meet you in a dark alley
crazyidiot78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum