3 season

View previous topic View next topic Go down

3 season

Post by carlost 24 on Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 16:17

Hello everyone this is my first topic i want to say that im sorry for to take time to public a topic but i have many exams.Okay i wanto to know what happend if the 3 season of gsgit had been published.I think that up very much the audience even with artland but idont know. What are you think?

carlost 24

Male

Forum Posts : 4

Fan of : gunslinger girl black lagoon samurai champloo claymore...

Original Characters : all girls but in special henrrieta and triela

Comments : well im from spain and like very much gunslinger girl and i think that the anime and mang are underestimated And it seems to me to be unjust that a little so good is not even an acquaintance not valued.I apologize in advance for if my English is not understandable

Registration date : 2014-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 season

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 17:14

It would depend on when it was commissioned, but I would imagine that it would cover Petrushka's arrival and Angie's death, at a minimum. If they commissioned it now, I would say the first half would be Petrushka's arrival through Angie's death, then an episode with Triela and Hilshire in Naples and then the last half would be Venice through New Trino.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10890

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 18:57

I don't know how they'd handle Angelica's end after it was pre-empted in the first season; just ignore her, is my guess, the way the second season ignored Petra. Depending on how much original material the studio added in, I would expect the storyline to at least reach the Venice debacle.
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 1834

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 21:26

@Thescarredman wrote:I don't know how they'd handle Angelica's end after it was pre-empted in the first season; just ignore her, is my guess

That might be a lot better than inventing a whole new reason for Angelica's death. The anime writers did a pretty decent job with the first season (non)death in my opinion, but I doubt they could pull the same emotional scene twice and have it be believable the second time around. Any other scene likely would pale by comparison and would risk being utterly ridiculous.

@Thescarredman wrote:the way the second season ignored Petra.

Hey, they had that one scene on the rooftop with Elizaveta (even though the anime never really pointed out that it was her). sweat

The perfect might be the enemy of the good. Then again, so is the mediocre.
PSVT

Male

Forum Posts : 497

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : Giancarlo Rossi and his cyborgs Valentina R. and Eleonora R.; James Bernard and his cyborg Rachelle

Comments : Working on an actual story now, so please be patient... ^_^;

Registration date : 2014-05-27
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 22:51

@PSVT wrote:

Hey, they had that one scene on the rooftop with Elizaveta (even though the anime never really pointed out that it was her). sweat
Jean and Jose also mentioned second-generation cyborgs in the OVA, but that was as far as it went. Personally, I wouldn't mind half a season devoted to Petra and Sandro if it was done right.

Danjo, Nacht, Triela, forgive me.
Thescarredman

Male

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by carlost 24 on Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 1:25

anyhow,its very sad that the third season will never be broadcast

Last edited by carlost 24 on Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 9:52; edited 2 times in total

carlost 24

Male

Comments : well im from spain and like very much gunslinger girl and i think that the anime and mang are underestimated And it seems to me to be unjust that a little so good is not even an acquaintance not valued.I apologize in advance for if my English is not understandable

Back to top Go down

Post by PolosElite23 on Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 8:46

@Thescarredman wrote:
@PSVT wrote:

Jean and Jose also mentioned second-generation cyborgs in the OVA, but that was as far as it went. Personally, I wouldn't mind half a season devoted to Petra and Sandro if it was done right.

Danjo, Nacht, Triela, forgive me.

....Forgive me as well, I think it could be interesting. I would want more Triela stuff, because who doesn't love our awesome shotgun wielding, martial arts master, lovable coniglio. : P

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
----
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.

-Stanzas 2+4 of Invictus by William Earnest Henley
PolosElite23

Male

Forum Posts : 914

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire, and Angelica

Original Characters : Various

Comments : A journey of a lifetime starts with a blinking cursor.

Registration date : 2013-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by carlost 24 on Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 10:31

i have another question do you think that if the gsg had   broadcast the third season the audience would have increased

carlost 24

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 18:13

It's very hard to say, Carlost. There is a glut of anime produced every season. To stand out and be truly recognized, the third season would have to be exceptionally well done - or perhaps very badly done, i. e. designed and written to appeal to the broadest possible audience, which would likely mean fluff and fanservice galore.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 20:06

@carlost 24 wrote:i have another question do you think that if the gsg had   broadcast the third season the audience would have increased

Given the fact that Gunslinger Girl was most likely a fairly niche show when it was being broadcast, I think at some point it would have a limited audience to start with. Any viewership gains possible with a third season would be minimal, since anyone who likes the genre and the idea of the show would have already found the show over the first two seasons. To gain a larger audience beyond this existing audience, the show would have to change, probably drastically, thus risking the almost guaranteed loss of existing fans for the potential gain of new viewers. It would be very much like what Thescarredman said about fanservice and fluff, since that seems to be a part of most new anime shows and thus would have to be a part of GSG S3 to attract that audience. That would not be a good thing.

The perfect might be the enemy of the good. Then again, so is the mediocre.
PSVT

Male

Forum Posts : 497

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : Giancarlo Rossi and his cyborgs Valentina R. and Eleonora R.; James Bernard and his cyborg Rachelle

Comments : Working on an actual story now, so please be patient... ^_^;

Registration date : 2014-05-27
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Odon on Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 6:33

In a similar thread I suggested the following as a possible 13 part Season 3.

1) Introduction of Sandro and Petra, mixed with Petra's backstory.

2) More Petra backstory, intercut with Sandro training her. Ends with Petra successfully taking out the Padania terrorist in the train station.

3) Sandro's backstory with Rossana. Some Sandro/Petra scenes showing how Sandro's past influences his training/treatment of Petra.

4) Claes gets angry when she catches Petra wearing her glasses, but they end up working together at Lake Maggiore. Expect the first mention of Dante here.

5) Petra/Sandro and Triela/Hilshire are assigned to bodyguard Roberta Guellfi. Introduction of Dante as a villain (perhaps shown buying the cruise missile).

6) Some background regarding the Croce brothers and the assassination of their parents, etc by Dante. Attempted assassination of Roberta.

7) Sandro meets Rossana again. Ends with Petra declaring her love (perhaps going straight to their First Kiss rather than waiting till after Angelica's death).

8) Angelica's death (without the long hospital convalescence). Perhaps she goes in for a routine conditioning and deteriorates unexpectedly. Triela starts to experience memory loss. Henrietta has creepy nightmares during her conditioning. The doctors tell the handlers that the First Gen cyborgs are running out of time.

9) Roberta and Hilshire meet up again in Naples. Hilshire gets wounded going on a mission without Triela. Triela flees in tears.

10) Roberta saves Triela from the Camorrista, ends up at Mimi's place. Triela discovers her backstory (much of which has already been covered in Teatrino, so it can be shortened mainly to what happened after Triela was rescued from the snuff film makers). Hilshire passes out and gets snogged by Triela.

11) Lead-up to Belltower assault - Hilshire wonders why he has lipstick on his cheek (just kidding!), Dante organises his evil plot, Henrietta's increasing fear of death, and some stuff with Beatrice so it'll be more tragic when she dies.

12) Bell Tower of St Marks assault, Part 1. Cliffhanger with discovery of cruise missile.

13) Bell Tower of St Marks assault, Part 2. Ends with Petra/Sandro in the water, happy to be alive (perhaps they First Kiss here). Dante flies off in his helicopter, creating a cliffhanger for Series Four!

The credits scene (as at the end of "Il Teatrino", but with more of a downer pitch) would show Jean pushing aside Rico, a catatonic Henrietta, Jose being loaded into an ambulance, Hilshire cradling an unconscious Triela (who then opens her eyes and smiles at him, letting the audience know she's Not Really Dead), the bodies of Chiara and Sylvia being gathered up while Bernardo searches futilely for his cyborg, finding only a scrap of her clothing.

If they followed the above plan it would cut much of Rossana's story, except where it's relevant to Sandro/Petra; as a result it also removes a lot of Sandro's backstory too. While that might please some people it does potentially weaken the series - if we don't find out enough about Sandro, we don't care about him and therefore don't understand why Petra falls in love with him. Also there's a reason why there's so much Sandro/Petra in the manga. The other girls are introduced 'In Medias Res' - their relationships with their handlers are already established and any other information we find out is via flashbacks. Sandro and Petra on the other hand we see at the beginning of their partnership and follow their relationship chronologically.

Chiara and Sylvia will probably appear in a couple more scenes, a la Beatrice in "Il Teatrino" - nothing special but enough that they're not obvious redshirts who appear out of nowhere. Likewise Dante's name will be mentioned earlier and more often -- the whole season will pretty much be a hunt for Dante by Section 1.

Angelica's death will probably be kept the way it was in the manga - they appear to be following the manga pretty closely, and it has an important psychological effect on everyone (her death is also a perfect "mid-season crisis"). They'll just drop the Marco/Angelica stuff that they've already covered and show the effect on the Section 1 handlers as a whole.

"I had a dream. We were together in my dream. We were brother and sister, father and mother, wife and husband. And both of us were both."
-- The Princess and the Warrior

Odon

Male

Forum Posts : 463

Registration date : 2010-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by taerKitty on Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 10:55

I can see it going either way: following the manga but bypassing 'the slow parts', or going for the lowest (lewdest?) common denominator.

The two seasons didn't do particularly well, as evidenced by the fact that Il Teatrino came some years after S1.  Some of that may be due to the name - the average fan hears "gunslinger" and expects lots of mayhem.  As more than a few have said, GSG is a character drama set against an action background, not an action show.  At least the first part of the manga is.

After St. Mark's tower, all this changes.  I think the best hope might be to just jump to St. Mark's, and end with the fight at the New Trino reactor.  Also, I think it best to exclude the part about the government wanting to scrub the Agency.  Have them fight, have some die, have them win, have the credits.

Unlike readers, television viewers by and large are passive consumers.  They aren't even content grazers.  They expect the show to colour within the lines, to either end with a cliffhanger or a wrap-up episode at the end of the season.  

Here, the expectations are to keep things simple, to wrap things up cleanly, and to not throw in the 'disavowed' arc because that requires the viewer to re-think the Agency and the fictional Italian government of the canon.  Here, the fatal element is that it requires the audience to think, and I feel that would ruin the viewing experience for most.

Yes, exceptions exist.  However, those exceptions are not enough to keep most quality shows alive, season after season.  And yes, even exceptions to the rule, the "rabid fans are enough to keep a show alive" factor exist.  However, we're talking of fractions of fractions here.

Besides, for profitability's sake, the rights-holders would want to be able to continue on with the Agency, right?  Now, granted, subsequent shows are likely to suck, but if S3 was to have a chance, it needs to be backer-friendly.

===

All this is of course written with one hundred (and one) chapters of the concluded show.  By April 2008, the year S2 aired, Volume 6 (chapters 45-50) was the most recent one released, and even that may be too optimistic given the lead-time required to create a new television series.  

Volume 8 (March 2007) was mostly Sandro's backstory, and V9 (November 2007) was Angie's passing.  As mentioned above, these are likely too slow for a large part of the potential audience.  

In light of what was available at the time, S3 would likely have gone "into the wild" and blazed its own story, for good or ill, likely creating new S2 cyborgs alongside Petra.  Given what I feel about a majority of the shows landing on our shores, I think this will not end well.

Alfisti: "Welcome to the SWA... don't worry, your cyborg is probably less confused than you are".
taerKitty

Male

Forum Posts : 1171

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : Dina & Paolo

Comments : The feelz... the feelz...

Registration date : 2012-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Odon on Wed 5 Nov 2014 - 3:00

@taerKitty wrote:I can see it going either way: following the manga but bypassing 'the slow parts', or going for the lowest (lewdest?) common denominator.

Triela runs out of the medical wing in tears, glomping her handler and knocking him to the ground.
Triela: Look what those f--ing Agency doctors have done!  They've given me breasts!  HUGE breasts!  They're useless for killing terrorists!  They just keep bouncing everywhere, throwing off my aim!  What were they THINKING?!!!  Hilshire?
Hilshire: Mmm...mmm...mmm!
Triela: Oh right, I'll just get them out of your face...

"I had a dream. We were together in my dream. We were brother and sister, father and mother, wife and husband. And both of us were both."
-- The Princess and the Warrior

Odon

Male

Forum Posts : 463

Registration date : 2010-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Wed 5 Nov 2014 - 17:42

Priscilla and Ferro together, reading a new directive: A staff dress code REQUIRING miniskirts?!!

Passing behind them, Marco whistles tunelessly.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 on Sun 14 Dec 2014 - 18:17

Triela runs out of the medical wing in tears, glomping her handler and knocking him to the ground.
Triela: Look what those f--ing Agency doctors have done!  They've given me breasts!  HUGE breasts!  They're useless for killing terrorists!  They just keep bouncing everywhere, throwing off my aim!  What were they THINKING?!!!  Hilshire?

I could never condone such a transparent and unnecessary use of fan-service.....

sweat

Glocks are not the shit. Glocks can fail the same as any other gun. I've seen it personally, and have even heard first-hand accounts of something as basic as a slide-retaining pin snapping, the slide flying off. Get over the obsession and buy what fits your hand, your wallet, and ability.
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 823

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Sun 14 Dec 2014 - 21:50

@Odon wrote:
@taerKitty wrote:I can see it going either way: following the manga but bypassing 'the slow parts', or going for the lowest (lewdest?) common denominator.

head bang clapping head bang clapping
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 1968

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Sun 14 Dec 2014 - 21:56

@Thescarredman wrote:Priscilla and Ferro together, reading a new directive: A staff dress code REQUIRING miniskirts?!!

Passing behind them, Marco whistles tunelessly.
When did Marco become col mustang

Tiny miniskirts:cheers:
crazyidiot78

Male

Forum Posts : 1534

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : none at this time

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum