About Three Hours Outside Rome... (Rome RPG Thread Six)

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

About Three Hours Outside Rome... (Rome RPG Thread Six)

Post by Piero on Fri 22 Feb 2008 - 20:32

Three hours outside Rome, night fell over a country estate, blanketing the grounds in darkness. Near the edges of the property, anxious, heavily armed men -some wearing blue shirts- made their rounds, unaware that they were being watched in spite of the illumination provided by the nearly full moon above.

Some distance away from the estate, in a clear area just off the main road, a group of vehicles had gathered, among them an innocuous looking van crammed full of radio equipment. Standing in the open side door of that van Jean Croce decided that conditions for the mission were about as good as they were going to get, then turned to Hillshire and the other assembled handlers.

"Get ready to go," he ordered, then ducked into the radio van and put on a headset.

"Red One to Grey Team. Report your status, over."

Some ways down the road, Amadeo touched the transmitter button on his radio.

"Grey Two, all clear. Over."

Further up the road, past the estate's access road, a second support team member touched his transmitter button.

"Grey Three, all clear. Over."

Lying prone on a hill overlooking the estate with a sharpshooter's rifle in front of him, Piero touched his transmitter. He could see several potential threats from where he was, but none of them seemed to be aware of their presence.

"Grey Four, no change in the situation. Over."

From her vantage point to one side of the estate, Olga nodded to Marcello, who as part of his trial run was handling communications for their observation point.

"I don't see anything," she told him.

Last edited by Piero on Mon 22 Feb 2010 - 22:32; edited 2 times in total

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Re: About Three Hours Outside Rome... (Rome RPG Thread Six)

Post by Wileama on Sat 23 Feb 2008 - 0:36

Marcello nodded speaking into the radio, "Grey Five, no change in situation. Over." He continued to stare through his night vision binoculars at the mansion in front of him. His rifle by his side, waiting patiently if it was needed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strive for your next breath.  Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one.  Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

T-Minus 15.193792102158E+9 years until the universe closes!

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 26 Feb 2008 - 0:26

Post contains stand in elements for 3klicks and Sasahara:

His usually cheerful features wearing a serious expression for once, Bernardo looked over at where Marco was standing near Angelica, silently indicating to the other handler that he and Beatrice were ready to move out. Rico meanwhile was looking to Jose for direction. Inside the radio van, Jean listened as the rest of the surveillance team checked in.

OOC: If any of you want to have the handlers say anything to their cyborgs, no would be a good time.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Tue 26 Feb 2008 - 11:59

(OOC: Edited after Piero's suggestion. Rico has a Remington shotgun. Etta retains her P90. Giuseppe uses an F2000.)

"Remember the tactics we discussed earlier this morning," Giuseppe bid his team at this last minute before the headfirst plunge into potential Perdition. "Rico, you're point. Keep a sharp eye out for the enemy. Be quick, but don't be too aggressive as to suddenly leave us behind.

"Henrietta, remember to stay about three feet behind and somewhat to Rico's right, so you can watch her right flank and have a clear field of fire in case she needs support. Keep up with her.

"I'll be right behind both of you, watching our rear.

"Don't forget this is a rescue mission. You know what our target looks like. We need him alive. Take care.

"Do you understand?" he finished.

"Yes, Giuseppe," both girls chorused.

He had to smile. They almost made me think they were sisters...

"All right, then." Giuseppe glanced at Jean. "Jean?"(yt)

Last edited by Sheo Darren on Wed 27 Feb 2008 - 8:10; edited 2 times in total
Sheo Darren

Male

Forum Posts : 389

Fan of : Mami Tomoe

Original Characters : Rolito, Giuseppe, Elena; Julia, Peppina; Jess, Masakari

Registration date : 2008-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Tue 26 Feb 2008 - 21:28

Hillshire led Triela off to the side. "This will be a dangerous mission. I want you to be ready for anything." He paused slightly before continuing. "And be careful. Okay?"

Triela sighed. "I've done this a million times. I'll be fine."

This time, it was Hillshire's turn to sigh. "Just be careful okay?"

The two walked back to the van to prepair for the mission.

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

"What do you mean 'What the hell is a Funyarinpa?' You mean... you don't know?"
"How the hell would I know?"
"How could you not know?! That's... that's practically blasphemous! Say you're sorry! Apologize to the Funyarinpa! Goodness, you are such a rude woman..."
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Forum Posts : 653

Fan of : Stuff

Original Characters : Adrianna, Nero, Abigail, and now Luca

Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 27 Feb 2008 - 1:13

OOC: Sheo, it was actually earlier in the day that Jose briefed Rico and Henrietta, not the day before. Should be easy to fix that one though.

Post contains stand in elements for 3klicks:

Jean listened as the last of the surveillance team checked in, then hit his transmit button.

"Red One to all units. Commence stage two."

The senior handler turned to the assembled cyborgs and handlers.

"Move out," he ordered. It was as simple as that. Everyone knew where they were supposed to be. Jose's team was to move to the front. Bernardo's team was to move to the back. Triela was to move to the side of the estate and would be guided in by Amadeo, whose vantage point might allow him to spot potential threats before they became actual threats. From his position on the hill, the former GIS operator turned to his Cyborg.

"Things are about to get serious," he informed her. "Keep a sharp eye out."

Last edited by Piero on Fri 29 Feb 2008 - 19:14; edited 1 time in total

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Wed 27 Feb 2008 - 8:37

(OOC: Again modified with Piero-san's advice.)

Jean's command of "Move out" sent the point team forward at a steady jog that could turn into a sprint any time one or all of the three gunslingers chose to.

The girls led, of course; they could see and hear much further than normal people. Plus, children always had fantastic vision, even without cyborging. Giuseppe remembered Enrica spotting the smallest details from so far away. It was a small game they played; she'd point and describe, and he'd nod and smile at her brilliant eyes.

Crouching as they trotted forward, they ducked as much as they could behind dense shrubbery, their heads' profiles broken by bulky ski caps that Giuseppe had found last-minute after remembering a random comment of Claes about the human head being the body part that gave you away the most in low-light/night missions.

Where'd she read that?

Every now and then they would pause, to let the girls check out their surroundings for unnatural noises. They also took care to avoid direct moonlight; their overlong shadows might give them away early.

Two hundred yards to the manor, the girls silently dropped prone across the ground, using yet more shrubbery as cover. Giuseppe hid behind a thick bush. All three quit breathing.

There were two guards. Both were bored. One had what looked to be an AK in his arms. The other was smoking a cigarette. Bad move; Giuseppe knew that would mess up the guard's vision, even with the full moon out.

"Blue," he murmured into his radio, then hit the appliance's clicker twice to signal his successful approach, his message's briefness meant to minimize detection.

He gestured to Etta. You take the left guard. Giuseppe himself bracketed the smoker in between the 1.6x optical sights of his F2000. He waited.(yt)

Last edited by Sheo Darren on Mon 3 Mar 2008 - 0:58; edited 1 time in total
Sheo Darren

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 27 Feb 2008 - 12:33

OOC: Sorry, but I don't mean to compromise the mission just yet.

IC:
The two guards continued on their rounds, unaware of the danger they were in. They looked towards the bushes, but did not move in for a closer inspection, thus extending their lives a little longer.

Stand in post for Sasahara:

Bernardo and his team skirted the fringes of the estate on the right side, keeping close to Triela as they did so. They would have to seperate from her soon, but until then Bernardo wanted to do what he could to support her. Beatrice had point, Bernardo and Triela were in the middle of the formation, and Angelica was bringing up the rear. When they'd reached a point about halfway along the side of the estate, Bernardo stepped forward and tapped Beatrice on the shoulder, signalling that she should halt. He then turned to Triela.

"This look good to you?" he asked, indicating the vineyards in front of them. They didn't go all the way up to the estate building, but they would give her cover for a good portion of her approach.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Fri 29 Feb 2008 - 18:52

Triela nodded. "This should be good."

She radioed in to double check. "Gold Two in position. Can you see anything up ahead? Over."

She looked back at the group with a smile. "Good luck."

Last edited by Probit Return on Fri 29 Feb 2008 - 19:29; edited 1 time in total

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

"How could you not know?! That's... that's practically blasphemous! Say you're sorry! Apologize to the Funyarinpa! Goodness, you are such a rude woman..."
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 29 Feb 2008 - 19:28

Amadeo and Piero reported in -Amadeo had seen two guards doing their rounds near the main building, but they would soon be past. Bernardo grinned boyishly and saluted Triela.

"Good luck, your highness," he declared, referencing the nickname some of the agency personnel had adopted for Triela.

"Good luck," Beatrice and Angelica added. Beatrice seemed to be saying merely out of politeness, but Angelica seemed genuinely worried about Triela's safety, though she tried not to show it too openly.

OOC: Angiegarde, hope you don't mind me taking control of Angelica for a little bit there. Probit, it's probably best if Triela sticks to Gold Two for purposes of consistency with everyone else.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Fri 29 Feb 2008 - 19:39

Triela shrugged off the nickname that Bernardo had given her. She wasn't too concerned with it though. From what she had heard from Hillshire, he was a bit of a joker.

"I'm off," she mentioned to the group before ducking into the vineyard and slipping through.

She held her silenced SIG at the ready as she creeped through the vineyard.

Upon reaching the end of the vineyard, she peaked out from the pathway and checked for any enemies.

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 29 Feb 2008 - 19:50

Bernardo watched as Triela disappeared into the vineyard, then hefted his rifle and motioned to Beatrice.

"Let's go," he ordered. It was time for them to get into position.

The pair of guards that Amadeo had seen were now gone, leaving Triela with a narrow window in which she could cross the ground between the vineyard and the mansion undetected. There were several windows on the lower level that looked like they might make good entry points.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Fri 29 Feb 2008 - 21:35

Triela spied some windows on the lower level. Noting that the coast was clear for now, she dashed acrossed the open field surrounding the building.

She reached the building without trouble and ducked next to one of the windows. Taking a quick peak into the room, she scanned for any possible enemies that could be laying in wait.

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 29 Feb 2008 - 21:52

The room beyond the window was dark, and apparently empty. It appeared to be some kind of sitting room, and passages led off from it to both the left and the right.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Fri 29 Feb 2008 - 22:13

Triela pushed open the window and crawled in, closing it behind her. She looked around the room and noticed two passages. She radioed in. "This is Gold Two. I've entered the building through a window," she said quietly.

She contemplated which way would lead to the spot where the informant was being held. After thinking it over, she creeped down the passage to the right.

Last edited by Probit Return on Fri 29 Feb 2008 - 23:09; edited 2 times in total

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 29 Feb 2008 - 22:28

OOC: It probably isn't really necessary for Triela to note that their are two passages. She's right there, and can make her own decision on which one to take. And it would probably be best if she did do that actually. That way I can write what happens next when she proceeds down one of the passages.

From a logical standpoint, do you think it would make sense for her to try to proceed deeper into the building to find the informant?

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Fri 29 Feb 2008 - 23:05

OOC: Didn't know that. I could edit that out and choose a path. Then use this one to continue.

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 29 Feb 2008 - 23:43

Triela was approaching an intersection when she heard a voice nearby.

"I still think we should just grab the goods and get out of here."

"You've said that several times already."

"Then why aren't you listening? The police could be here any minute!"

"I think we can handle the police. Besides, our contacts haven't told us about any sort of raid."

"Yeah, but what if they send in the NOCS or the GIS? They'll kill us all!"

"I doubt they're sending in the NOCS. The local cops would know about it if they were."

"Yeah, but what about the GIS. They're Carabinieri..."

"You're worrying too much. Antonio said that he hadn't told anyone anything yet."

"Yeah well, Antonio isn't exactly high on my list of trusted people at the moment!"

"We roughed him up pretty good. I don't think he's hiding anything."

"Yeah well, I'm not about to trust anything that bastard says, even if he says it at gunpoint. My life is on the line here!"

"You need to get a grip. Calm down."

"Calm down? We could have a special forces team kicking in the doors any minute!"

"If you want to leave, then leave, damnit! I'm not about to stop you!"

"Hey, where are you going?"

"Somewhere were I don't have to listen to you!"

"Hey, wait up! We need to stick together. We'll be canon fodder otherwise!"

"Leave me alone, damnit!"

The sound of footsteps faded down a nearby passage.

Last edited by Piero on Sat 1 Mar 2008 - 0:14; edited 1 time in total

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sat 1 Mar 2008 - 0:04

The radio broke the silence of the night
@Probit Return wrote:"This is Gold Two. I've entered the building through a window,"
Marcello slowly, and deliberately set the night vision optics to his side. With equal care to ensure not to give his position away through sudden motions, he took hold of his rifle. His current set up didn't give him even half the magnification the night vision binoculars had. However it was more important he be able to take a shot quickly from here on out. The selector went from safe to semi-auto as his hand settled onto the pistol grip. His trigger finger rested against the rifle frame.

Marcello waited.

Strive for your next breath.  Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one.  Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Sat 1 Mar 2008 - 13:21

So he's still alive, she thought as she listened to the men leave the area. As soon as she judged them far enough away, she relayed that information to the others.

Finding it unlikely that the men would lead her to the informant, she went down the hall they had come from.

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 1 Mar 2008 - 13:32

Laughter drifted down the hallway from a room up ahead. If one got close enough, they could listen in on what could only be described as a very bawdy story that one of the Padania henchmen was telling his comrades.

OOC: Given that its near the edge of the building, that intersection was probably more of a T-intersection, so Triela couldn't really go the opposite way the guards did. She'd really have two choices, either continue the way she was going or wait for the guards to get some distance away and then head deeper into the building.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Mon 3 Mar 2008 - 13:01

OOC: You'd think I would have known that.

IC: Triela slowly crept closer to the room up ahead and listened in to the conversation.

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Mon 3 Mar 2008 - 23:09

OOC: What, no blushing? Laughing

IC: A burst of raucous laughter greeted a particularly lewd part of the Padanian's story.

"Okay, I call bullshit," one of the listeners declared.

"Hey, it's true! I swear!"

"Yeah, and I'm the Prime Minister. You're talking out of your ass."

"Heh, I never thought I'd get a chance to take out the Prime Minister. Ratatatatat!"

The Padanian immitated the sound of a submachinegun firing.

"Put that thing away! You could hurt someone."

"Calm down. The safety is on."

"It's a submachine gun, you still shouldn't be pointing it at anybody. If you're that eager to use your gun, go relieve Alvise. It's about time someone switched with hi anyway."

"Aw c'mon, I was only joking."

"Too bad. You crossed a line. Get off your ass and go guard the prisoner."

"Aw man!"

A round of snickers was heard as the unlucky Padanian proceeded to exit the room.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Wed 5 Mar 2008 - 12:10

OOC: Um, is the guy coming towards me?

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 5 Mar 2008 - 12:15

OOC: He's probably going to head deeper into the building. Assuming that Triela went deeper into the building herself earlier (rather then keeping along the outside), then he's probably heading away from her. But it might be prudent not to just stand in the corridor outside the door, he might glance around. Note that I wrote the post in such a way that Triela would have had a chance to react before the guy exitted the room...

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Wed 5 Mar 2008 - 12:28

OOC: Alright, thanks.

IC: Triela heard the man get up to leave the room. Keeping to the side of the corridor, she quickly, but quietly made her way back to the intersection, looking for a place to hide her so she could get behind the man and follow him to her destination.

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 5 Mar 2008 - 12:48

Light flooded the corridor as one of the doors along the side of the passage, and a young man in a blue jacket stepped out carrying a beretta submachine gun. He only got a few steps down the corridor before someone behind him demanded that he 'close the door,' but once that was done he proceeded deeper into the building, his body language indicating considerable annoyance.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Thu 6 Mar 2008 - 11:40

Triela waited for the man to get a little distance before she followed him deeper into the building, keeping her SIG ready incase she would need to kill him.

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 6 Mar 2008 - 12:15

The irritated young man walked deeper into the building, working his way towards the centre. Partway there, he ran into another pair of guards at an intersection and stopped to talk with them, mentioning that he was 'Heading down to the cellars' and explaining exactly what had occured to bring him that horrible fate. During the course of the conversation, one of the guards he was speaking too looked down the corridor suspiciously a couple times as if he was aware of an intruder's presence, though he gave no indication that he had actually spotted Triela.

Meanwhile, Bernardo and his team had made their way to the back of the estate and taken up their position. Lying on his belly in a prone position, Bernardo touched the transmit button on his radio.

"Green One, in position."

Openning the underbarrel grenade launcher on his holosighted M4 carbine, Bernardo reached into one of the pouches on his vest and withdrew a long, cylindrical object. It was a new model of grenade, one that the manufacturer claimed had twice the lethal radius of the standard model. Bernardo wasn't quite sure if he bought that, but he'd brought several of them anyway. After all, they were at least somewhat more powerful then the standard models and were capable of blowing a steel door clear out of its frame. (OOC: Think I one upped Rico's special breeching slug, Sheo? Very Happy )

"Keep a sharp eye out for enemies, but don't shoot unless I tell you too," he ordered Beatrice and Angelica. From here on in, it was a waiting game...

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Fri 7 Mar 2008 - 11:49

Triela kept to the shadows as the man she was following talked to the other guards. Cellars huh? That's good.

She noticed one of the guards look down at her repeatedly. Does he see me? No, if he had, he would have attacked by now. She sat there waiting, ready for combat.

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 7 Mar 2008 - 12:12

Up ahead at the intersection, the three Padanians finished speaking and parted ways, with the one Triela had been following continuing down the corridor in front and the two he had stopped to speak to going left. The sound of the latters footsteps quickly disappeared, while the sound of the former's grew faint as he moved off into the distance.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Fri 7 Mar 2008 - 12:26

Triela hastily followed after the man, continuing down the path to find the cellar and the informant.

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 7 Mar 2008 - 12:32

As Triela was passing through the intersection that the guards had stopped to chat in a click was heard and the beam of a high powered flashlight illuminated the intersection from the left passageway.

"Freeze. Don't move," a voice ordered, then added. "Drop the gun and turn this way with your hands raised."

OOC: You didn't think it was going to go that smoothly, did you? Smile

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Sat 8 Mar 2008 - 13:51

OOC: Nah, it never does.

IC: "Dammit," Triela muttered. She had to act quickly. She turned quickly to the left, raised her gun and squeezed off three silent shots at the man with the flashlight before diving back into the passage she had just come from. "This is Gold Two, I've been compromised," she said into her radio. "I repeat, I have been compromised. The informant is still alive, he's being held in the cellar."

Last edited by Probit Return on Sun 9 Mar 2008 - 13:18; edited 1 time in total

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 8 Mar 2008 - 15:24

OOC: Not entirely sure about this, but it might have been a good idea to use the term 'compromised.'

Wounded but not killed by the pistol round he had taken, the man with the flashlight returned fire with his submachinegun, almost hiitting Triela with a burst in spite of the fact that he was shooting the weapon one handed. The firing signature of the unsuppressed automatic weapon was quite loud, but it paled in comparison to the thunderous roar of the old BM59 battle rifle his companion was holding. The noise that weapon produced was clearly audible even outside the building.

The BM59 fell silent as Triela disappeared behind the corner, and the wounded man with the flashlight and submachine gun motioned in the direction she had gone.

"After her!" he ordered his apparently less experienced companion. Meanwhile, further up the hall the man who Triela had been following had heard the gunfire behind him and was not scanning the dark stretch of corridor from which he had come, his weapon at the ready.

Outside in the radio van, Jean's expression hardened.

"Aknowledged, Gold Two. Secure the informant and keep him safe until back up arrives. All units, commence Stage Three."

Over at his hilltop sniping position, Piero was already lined up for a shot at one of the two sentries who had been patrolling the front lawn. The two men had heard the sound of the BM59 firing, and were looking uncertainly at the building, apparently trying to decide what to do. Two shots rang out, and they both fell limply to the ground while Piero began to scan the building's front windows. He strongly suspected that one or more of the Padanians would take a look out the windows to see what was going on outside, and when one of them did, he'd be ready for them. Not looking away from his scope, Piero gave an order to Diana.

"Radio Blue Team and tell them they're clear to go. I'll cover them in."

Behind the estate, Bernardo was already moving in.

"Move!" he ordered as he began to sprint. There was a low wall that bordered a small garden a short distance from the back of the estate -perfect cover from which to deploy the breaching capabilities of his grenade launcher.

Over on the left side of the estate, Olga switched the magnification on her Short Dot from its low setting to its high setting and focused in on one of the two sentries who were standing in the open in front of her and Marcello.

"I'll take the one on the left, you take the one on the right," she told him as she readied herself for the shot. A moment later her rifle gave a sharp crack and one of the two sentries stiffened and fell.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sat 8 Mar 2008 - 22:38

Marcello gripped his rifle a little bit tighter as the echo of gun fire rippled across the estate. Everything began to happen at once. The radio burst to life, barking orders into his ear. Stay calm He reminded himself. His had been keeping his sights near the two guards since they turned they corner. He was already starting to sliding the sights over to the right, when Olga called the shoots. "Roger," he called back. It was the easier of the two shoots.

He breathed out, and felt the air hold in his lungs a second. He squeezed the trigger smoothly. The gun did as it was told, and a round spewed out of it's maw. Marcello barely waited for the recoil to die down before he pulled the trigger again. His target was going to go down, and was going to stay down.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Sun 9 Mar 2008 - 13:38

Triela pulled out a fragmentation grenade from her gear and pulled the pin. In one swift motion, she lobbed the grenade around the corner and dashed through the intersection fully intending to get to the informant before the man she was following.

After a distance, she could finally make out a figure in the darkness. She lifted her gun and squeezed the trigger.

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 9 Mar 2008 - 14:01

OOC: For future use, keep in mind that a grenade fuse will generally last at least a few seconds.

IC:

"Grenade!" The man with the flashlight yelled. He and his companion dove for cover behind a support arch and a cabinet respectively as Triela sprinted across the corridor, but were back in pursuit moments after the detonation -or at least the man with the BM59 was. The gunshot wound that the man with the submachine gun had suffered earlier in the fight was starting to catch up to him, and he's suffered an additional leg wound from a grenade fragment.

The BM59 roared to life once more, spraying the corridor with high powered rounds and emptying its magazine in a matter of moments. Thankfull for Triela, the wielder's wasteful ammunition expenditure forced him to stop and reload while she continued down the corridor.

Meanwhile, the guard up ahead was still trying to acquire his target, a task that took on greater urgency as a round whizzed by him, the report of the gun that fired it muffled by a sound suppressor. Squinting, the guard could just make out a small figure coming his way in the darkness, and openned fire on it, his aim both helped and hindered by his weapon's muzzle flash.

Seeing the firing signature of a weapon further up the corridor, the man with the BM59 took aim and fired off a burst, the first round of which passed Triela by and struck his unlucky comrade in arms high in the chest.

OOC: Gotta love blue on blue, huh?

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Sun 9 Mar 2008 - 23:50

OOC: Haha, that was great. Hurray for me.

IC: Triela wasn't dumb enough to stay in the same place for too long. She ducked low and to the side of the corridor. The man she had been previously following and aiming at was dropped by his own comrade. She spun around, still staying low and aimed for the remaining man's chest. She fired off another two rounds at the man.

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Mon 10 Mar 2008 - 0:07

The man with the BM59 took both pistol rounds more or less where Triela had intended, but still had time to retaliate by spraying the corridor with the remainder of his magazine. He actually got most of the way through reloading the rifle as well, but his strength left him before he could fire again.

OOC: Maybe we should pause soon so that we don't leave Sheo too far behind. Also, as a note, a P230 in 9x17mm has a seven round magazine capacity (although overall capacity can be eight if the chamber if loaded). Something to keep in mind during extended shoot outs.

Last edited by Piero on Thu 13 Mar 2008 - 12:02; edited 2 times in total

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Wed 12 Mar 2008 - 10:13

(OOC: Sorry for being late. Is the manor a one-story place, excepting the cellars?)

Giuseppe swore as the two guards before him dropped dead.

Damn! I knew we forgot to arrange something! The snipers should have given us a head's up over the radio before shooting!

A minor quibble- but the smallest poisons were still deadly.

"(Blue Team,)" Diana advised over the radio. "(You have green light. Execute execute execute.)"

"Go," Giuseppe hissed.

Rico burst out of her concealment like a jackrabbit. Henrietta half-rose from her own hidey place to cover her teammate.

Once upon a time, the tragic Elsa de Sica had launched a frontal assault on a Padania hideout by herself with predictably bloody results (for both sides). Rico had the benefit of Jean's training, Giuseppe's planning and two teammates supporting her.

She approached the front door at an angle, so that a shooter immediately behind it had a hard time hitting her. Her shotgun came up roaring. The breaching slug punched a softball-sized hole through the doorknob.

Rico jacked in a new round and kicked the door. Not so hard to burst its hinges like with Elsa; just enough to slam it open.

No one was there to greet three gun muzzles.

Henrietta and Giuseppe followed Rico into the brightly-lit and well-furnished foyer. There were three separate doors. The one directly ahead of them was a double door; the ones to either side of them were single doors.

Giuseppe had an idea. A very wicked idea.

"Rico, Henrietta, block the smaller doors with something heavy."

Cyborg strength made nothing of heavy antique furniture. Said escape paths were now barred.

The ground trembled. Someone had just set off a grenade.

Rico put her ear to the unblocked set of doors. "No one on the other side," she reported. "Gunfire's still far."

"Go."

The two girls threw the doors open and came in weapons ready, Giuseppe holding back.(yt)
Sheo Darren

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 12 Mar 2008 - 11:44

OOC: The mansion does have a second story, but it's much smaller then the first level. Also, nice post, but for the future please keep in mind that West Nile is the player for Rico. You can probably have the team move and expect Rico to move with them, but specific actions should generally be up to him.

IC:

As Guiseppe's team approached the front of the building, a figure leaned into one of the second story windows, apparently trying to look out without exposing too much of his body. Piero greeted him with a round to the head. 155gr AMAX wasn't always the best round for shooting through glass barriers, but in this case it proved to be more then a match for the ordinary window glass it was being asked to penetrate.

Behind the mansion, Black team had arrived behind the low brick wall that Bernardo had picked out. Crouching down behind the barrier, the normally jovial but now deadly serious handler ordered the girls in his team to take cover, then took aim at one of the mansion's rear doors with his grenade launcher and fired.

The sound of the grenade launcher firing was actually quite muted -there was a reason people sometimes compared a grenade launcher's firing signature to that of a cap gun. The same could not be said of the munition it fired however. The effect of the enhanced 40mm round on an ordinary wooden door was rather spectacular to say the least, and resulted in said door not only being blown out of its frame, but in pieces of it showering the entryway beyond alongside some of the grenade fragments.

Having ducked down behind the wall the instant he had fired, Bernardo was already priming his grenade launcher for a second shot. Coming back up into a firing position, he took aim at a bank of windows and fired a second round, this one intended to confuse the enemy. It was soon followed by a third shot, which was also fired at a bank of windows. After that, he decided it was time to move in.

"Beatrice, you have point. Angelica, you follow her at a safe distance. Be sure to check your corners."

Nodding expressionlessely, Beatrice stepped over the low wall and advanced on the building, her carbine at the ready.

Back towards the front of the building, nobody greeted Henrietta and Rico's sudden entry into the room beyond the foyer. There were voices nearby however, and it sounded like someone might soon be coming their way...

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Thu 13 Mar 2008 - 11:25

(OOC: Gomen. I'd forgotten West Nile-san had Rico now. West Nile-san, please take over Rico.)

Henrietta held up her hand to signal "contact" in battle sign. She waited, gun at the ready, taking her time to identify the approaching voices.

Giuseppe waved Rico to cover their rear. He pulled out a stun grenade. For all they knew, the approaching men might have the hostage with them.(yt)

(OOC: I'll need solid confirmation on who's coming up. I don't want to have, say, Triela stumble into Giuseppe's grenade.)
Sheo Darren

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Thu 13 Mar 2008 - 14:01

Triela kept herself as small as possible as the man fired wildly. One round glanced off of her forearm before the man stopped to reload.

While he was doing so, Triela took the time to do the same. Leaving the last round chambered, she dropped the magazine and loaded a new one.

Being quicker, Triela was finished before he was, but it didn't much matter as the man dropped dead. Realizing that her stealthy weapons would probably hinder her more then help, she walked over to the man and grabbed his BM59. She noted the fact that a bayonet was equipped onto it.

Fishing out the last of the man's remaining magazine, she turned back around and continued along the corridor she was following, stepping over the man she was following before the firefight.

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 13 Mar 2008 - 23:44

A short distance from the man Triela had been following, there was an open door. Behind it was a staircase that led downwards into a dark room. A hint of voices and a few rays of light filtered into the dark room from a corridor that led deeper into the cellars.

The voices Henrietta had heard coming towards her fell silent before she could get an absolute ID on them, but none of them seemed very familiar, and the footsteps that accompanied them were heavy, far more so then would generally be expected from any of the other girls.

The entryway that Bernardo's team found themselves in when they entered the mansion had two exits. One was a passage leading off along the same level. The other was a stairway that led to the mansion's small second level. Normally, Bernardo would have gone for the stairway, but seeing as their mission called for them to reinforce Triela, he decided on the passageway.

"Black Team, entry complete. Proceeding towards the centre of the building to assist Gold Two."

Seeing Beatrice glance towards him, he pointed at the passage. She nodded and began to advance with Angelica close behind her. Bernardo waited a moment, then followed along himself.

They had proceeded only a short distance when Beatrice heard the sounds of voices coming from a room up ahead and motioned for the others to stop. Listening carefully as Beatrice whispered the situation to him, Bernardo nodded his head.

"Alright you two. I'm going to lob a flashbang in there, then you rush in and take them out. Got it?"

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Fri 14 Mar 2008 - 12:55

Triela thought back to an earlier conversation she had overheard. "It's a submachine gun, you still shouldn't be pointing it at anybody. If you're that eager to use your gun, go relieve Alvise. It's about time someone switched with hi anyway."

If they were correct, Alvise should be the only one guarding him. Still... Triela frowned. While she couldn't make out what was said, it sounded as if there were more then one person talking.

Fearing that the ruckus caused earlier would push the guard or guards to kill the informant, Triela rushed down the corridor, holding the BM59 ready to take out anyone appeared in her sights.

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 14 Mar 2008 - 13:12

The voices ahead became louder as Triela approached, and the light became stronger. The corridor ended in a room full of barrels, a row of which blocked Triela's view of the group that was arguing on the left side of the room.

"Don't be an idiot, Alvise!"

"How am I being an idiot? The police are going to be down here any minute. You want me to leave this bastard alive for them to rescue? This is all his fault!"

"He's a useful hostage. Do you want to get out of here alive?"

"Shut the hell up! I'm going to blow his brains out!"

If Triela had rounded the corner then, she would have seen a rather beat up looking man on his knees between three guards, one of whom was standing behind him and holding a beretta machine pistol to his head. Of the other two guards, one -who was holding a SPAS-12 shotgun- was arguing with the first, while the other -armed with yet another submachine gun- was simply watching the argument.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Fri 14 Mar 2008 - 13:45

Two or more, and one is ready to kill, Triela thought briefly as she hid behind the barrels. If I don't go now, he could be killed.

She switched the BM59 to semi-auto and stepped out from behind the barrels. Seeing the informant on his knees, she aimed her newly acquired rifle at the head of the man who was aiming at the informant and pulled the trigger.

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 16 Mar 2008 - 22:14

Hearing the BM59's loud report and seeing the rather gruesome effect the high powered rifle had on their comrade's head, the remaining two Padanians turned to face Triela, rapidly swing their respective weapons up into firing position. She would be facing a large volume of lead if she didn't take them down fast.

Moving slowly and quietly, Bernardo advanced down the corridor with flashbang in hand as Beatrice advanced with him and covered the door of the room the voices were coming from with her carbine. They were getting quite close to the room when the door suddenly swung open and three men stepped out.

They were greeted almost instantly by a long burst of fire from Beatrice's carbine. Two of them fell to the floor, and the other backpedaled rapidly, ducking back into the room with cries of alarm. Cursing, Bernardo reached down to pick up the as yet unused flashbang, which he'd dropped in order to grab hold of his carbine.

"Cover me!" he ordered Beatrice as he moved to one side of the corridor, intending to hug the wall as he advanced so as not to block Beatrice's lines of fire. He'd barely gone a few steps however when a small object was thrown from the room into the corridor.

It was a fragmentation grenade.

"Shit!"

Back in the radio van, Jean listened to the various team's radio chatter over his headset with an calm, collected mindset. A part of him wished he had a clearer picture of how the battle was progressing, but he did not exert much energy dwelling on it.

And then he got news he really didn't want to hear.

"Grey Two to Red One. I've got headlights on the road, over."

OOC: When it rains, it pours. Very Happy

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Mon 17 Mar 2008 - 3:16

OOC: i was wondering why Rico was working on her own... now im having trouble on going about this whole thing.

IC: With Guiseppe's orders Rico gave a soft nod and watched the backs of her teammates.

Photobucket
Just cause I'm dead, doesn't mean I can't be your Loli Fantasy!
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Forum Posts : 1747

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum