About Three Hours Outside Rome... (Rome RPG Thread Six)

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: About Three Hours Outside Rome... (Rome RPG Thread Six)

Post by Sheo Darren on Sun 30 Mar 2008 - 21:57

Giuseppe almost allowed himself a grunt of satisfaction. "Fall back," he told the girls.

Wincing from his injury, he made for the entrance, leading his two wards.(yt)

Sheo Darren

Forum Posts : 389

Registration date : 2008-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Sun 30 Mar 2008 - 23:07

IC:Rico obediently retreated from the gunfire yet still prepared if ever she needed to protect her friend's handler.

"Orders Sir?"

OOC: O yeah happy Birthday Sheo!

West Nile
WestNilepedia

Forum Posts : 1747

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Mon 31 Mar 2008 - 2:49

OOC: Thanks a lot, West Nile-san. ^_^

======================================================

"We're pulling out," Giuseppe muttered in his hasty rush towards the entrance. "Draw them into an ambush outside. You go ahead of me. Etta!" he yelled. "Come on!"

Henrietta made sure everyone in sight was dead before storming after her friend and her handler.(yt)

Sheo Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Mon 31 Mar 2008 - 3:25

OOC: "you go ahead of me Etta!"
"storming after her friend and handler"

u sure u got that right?

West Nile
WestNilepedia

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Mon 31 Mar 2008 - 7:32

Olga wrote:"Why don't we try the large tree?" she suggested. "It should hide us from view from any survivors inside the building, and the shadows it creates should make it difficult for anyone inside the vehicles to spot us."
Marcello nodded, and the pair shifted into better cover. Setting two magazines in front of him he couldn't help but shake his head. Hopefully the vans would just be carrying stuff. If it where people though they could easily be looking at odds of five to one. Blue team would help even those odds. Then again he wasn't sure why blue team was helping the ambush instead of just evacuating their wounded. Of course the only decent cover was a damn tree. There was another rumble of a grenade going off inside the Villa. Oh yeah, and the terrorists had grenades.

"Things always this fun, or just putting a show on for the new guy?" Marcello asked

"Red One to Grey Five and Six. Be advised that Blue Team is moving towards the front entrance to assist your ambush, so watch your fire. Over."
"Grey Five to Red One. Understood, we got their back." Marcello replied over the radio.

Wileama
Sith Lord

Forum Posts : 1053

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Mon 31 Mar 2008 - 10:08

OOC: "you go ahead of me Etta!"
"storming after her friend and handler"

That was "you go ahead of me" and then a period. Giuseppe then called to Henrietta, "Etta!" signifying a new sentence with a change in focus.

Next, remember that Etta was mopping up the survivors of Rico's attack. Rico then went back inside the room to ask Giuseppe for orders, thus putting her in between Giuseppe (room) and Henrietta (outside of the room). Hence Etta following Rico and Giuseppe (in that order of increasing distance).

Just have Rico follow Giuseppe.

====================================================

IC: "Grey Five," Giuseppe called over the radio as the sighted the broken-down door of the entrance. "Blue Team. We're coming out the front door. Roll out the carpet."

Hoping the new kid didn't have a twitchy trigger finger, Giuseppe stumbled through the entrance.(yt)

Sheo Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Mon 31 Mar 2008 - 11:28

Olga smirked.

"Well, things rarely get this big but its not unusual for them to get interesting. Talk to me after we're done today and maybe I can tell you about the time we encountered a bulletproof Ferrari."

Piero nodded his head.

"Roger that, Blue Team. The front door opens inward, right? Can you swing it in far enough to hide the damage you did with that door breaching round? I want to try to make everything look nice and welcoming when we try to lure our fish into the barrel."

Piero

Forum Posts : 2617

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Mon 31 Mar 2008 - 18:21

Marcello grinned, "Well at least it wasn't a Tank." He returned his attention to the building.

Piero wrote:"Roger that, Blue Team. The front door opens inward, right? Can you swing it in far enough to hide the damage you did with that door breaching round? I want to try to make everything look nice and welcoming when we try to lure our fish into the barrel."
Marcello mulled the situation over quickly. This was the easier option, vehicles coming to a stop would be much easier targets. Then again that also made them easier to get out. It would be harder to hit them as they traveled at road speeds. However with the lead, and rear vehicle knock out you had a good kill zone. People in car coming to an abrupt stop made for good targets. Shifting now, was risky, but the pay off aught be worth it.

He tapped the transmit button. "Grey six to Grey Five. If their still shooting inside, they may not stop. Worst case scenario the guys inside called them up on cell phones, and their the calvary. You sure you don't want to do this a bit further up the road, while their still rolling? We'll be more likely to catch them off guard, and unprepared. If we hustle we should still be able to shift positions. If is Blue up to it they can assist you with lead, while we take the rear."

Wileama
Sith Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Mon 31 Mar 2008 - 23:12

"Grey Five to Grey Six. If we'd brought some claymores or a machine gun I would consider a road ambush. However at the moment I don't think we have enough firepower available to reliably put a stop to a moving convoy. We're aiming to ensure total destruction here, so this is probably still our best bet. We're trying to avoid starting new firefights within the mansion for the next few minutes, so hopefully there won't be anything to scare them off. It's not an ideal solution, but I think it's the best we've got at the moment. Also, I would deem reinforcements highly unlikely unless they were called in before our attack began. The timeframe is way to short for anyone to organise any sort of significant response unless their reinforcements were already standing by."

OOC: Hope you don't mind me sticking with that I've got, Wileama.

Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Tue 1 Apr 2008 - 0:32

"Roger that on the door, Grey." Giuseppe did as advised. He also made himself as visible as possible to Gray Team. "This way," he called to Rico and Etta.

Waiting for his wards, he looked for a good ambush spot. He couldn't use the bushes they used earlier. Too obvious.(yt)
Sheo Darren

Male

Fan of : Mami Tomoe

Original Characters : Rolito, Giuseppe, Elena; Julia, Peppina; Jess, Masakari

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 1 Apr 2008 - 1:10

OOC: I was actually thinking they'd lie in wait in the entrance hall itself. I hope to write up a post with Piero explaining the ambush plan soon (maybe tommorow morning in my Time Zone (Pacific)). Bit tight for time right now though.

Piero

Male

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Tue 1 Apr 2008 - 5:22

"Grey six to Grey five. It's your show, I'm ready to rock, and roll either way. I know neither one is ideal, it's a matter for preference I suppose."

OOC: I don't care, just saying...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strive for your next breath.  Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one.  Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

T-Minus 15.193792102158E+9 years until the universe closes!

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 1 Apr 2008 - 12:03

OOC: Slight change here, Piero was originally going to target the drivers of both the front and the rear vehicles, but I've since thought maybe it would be more logical to leave the front vehicle to Marcello and Olga.

IC:
"Thank you, Blue Team. Okay everyone, listen up. There are two routes that convoy can take if it comes here -it can either take the front loop up to the entrance, or it can go around back to the garage. We're responsible for dealing with them if they take the first route. We're going to try to make everything as inviting as possible, then, when they stop and send someone to the front door, we strike. I'll fire a shot at the driver of the rear vehicle. As I'm doing that, Diana will signal the rest of you to attack using the codeword 'lampo.'* Grey Five, your target is the front vehicle. Make absolutely sure you take out the driver. I recommend burst firing a full magazine through the front windshield, I want everything in that car dead. Blue team, you have the centre vehicles. Eliminate anyone who's coming up the steps towards the entrance, then toss a frag grenade under each of your targets. A grenade for the third vehicle could be nice too if you can manage it, but be careful. After that, it depends on whether they stay in their vehicles or get out. If they get out, then we take them down before they can flee. If they stay in the vehicles, then we pump fire into them until we're sure everyone inside is dead. Everyone got that?"

OOC: Would anyone be annoyed if I added something about Jean listening in on what Piero is saying with silent approval? It seems like the type of plan he might like.

*Italian for lightning, at least according to babelfish.

Last edited by Piero on Wed 2 Apr 2008 - 1:19; edited 2 times in total

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Tue 1 Apr 2008 - 17:54

OOC: Sounds fine to me. By the way, sorry about being so late. I haven't had much computer time as of late.

IC: Triela shook her head. "Did you single handedly kill the guy who had it before me?" She held the weapon firm in her hands. "Didn't think so." She motioned to the informant to come over to her. "Don't just stand there. Find some cover."
-----

Meanwhile, Hilshire had finally made it to a good striking distance. "Gold One to Grey Five. I've arrived on the estate, ready for action. I can assist in taking out the other men in the vehicles." He waited in silence for the cars to arrive.

OOC: So what happened to Marco?

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

"What do you mean 'What the hell is a Funyarinpa?' You mean... you don't know?"
"How the hell would I know?"
"How could you not know?! That's... that's practically blasphemous! Say you're sorry! Apologize to the Funyarinpa! Goodness, you are such a rude woman..."
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Forum Posts : 653

Fan of : Stuff

Original Characters : Adrianna, Nero, Abigail, and now Luca

Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 2 Apr 2008 - 0:57

OOC: Angiegarde is Marco's players. Shucks, I'd meant to incorporate Marco and Hillshire some, but given the way things are shaping up I'm not sure there'll be much for them to do...

Also, anyone going to post anything new in the Dorm thread?

IC:

The informant scurried behind some barrels. He might not be a very good fighter, but at least he didn't seem to have a death wish.

"Grey Five to Gold One. You're a little far back, so I'm not sure there's much you can do without risking friendly fire to Blue Team. However, if you set yourself up near the road you may be able to cut off their escape route. With any luck, you won't have to fire a shot, but if anything does get away it'll be nice to have more then one person covering the road.

After verifying that Angelica was all right, Bernardo led his team back towards the rear of the mansion. Jean's orders for his team were to fall back and get into position to intercept any vehicles that attempted to come to the garage at the rear of the house. Bernardo wished he hadn't used so many HELLHOUND rounds earlier -not only was the damage they had caused fairly noticeable, but he now only had three left with which to deal with the vehicles and any passengers they were carrying. At least the three assault rifles his team could bring to bear were nothing to sneer at. Used properly, three rifles could make life difficult for even a fairly large enemy force.

Sprinting out the door he had entered through and into the gardens, Benardo and his team began to used cover to move towards the driveway leading up to the garage.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Wed 2 Apr 2008 - 13:34

OOC: Well, I pretty much made the last story related post in the dorm so it can't be me. Me thinks West Nile would be a fine choice to post there.

IC: "Roger," Hilshire replied. Keeping to a low sprint, he made his way towards the road, concealing himself behind whatever cover he could find.

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

"What do you mean 'What the hell is a Funyarinpa?' You mean... you don't know?"
"How the hell would I know?"
"How could you not know?! That's... that's practically blasphemous! Say you're sorry! Apologize to the Funyarinpa! Goodness, you are such a rude woman..."
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Forum Posts : 653

Fan of : Stuff

Original Characters : Adrianna, Nero, Abigail, and now Luca

Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Wed 2 Apr 2008 - 21:48

(OC: Let me see what ruckus I can raise in the dorm. But first...)

=====================================================

"Roger," Giuseppe answered.

An ambush from outside wouldn't hack it. No cover. And everyone else was camped out there already. And the enemy survivors would only flee into the manor. They might even run into Triela and the 'package'.

There was an idea. He had to spring it from inside the manor. That meant returning to the room he'd just vacated. The room with three sets of doors leading into the house. The foyer was no good.

"Grey, Blue," he announced. "Change in plans. The foyer's just a short corridor, no doors or furniture, no cover for us. We're heading back in, find a better camping spot."

He paused. Or maybe...

"Etta! Rico! Grab that big table we passed and get it here! Grey Team," he barked into the radio, keeping an eye out from the doorway. "Where are the vehicles now?"

I need two minutes. Even one minute will do. Give me that, and I'll turn this place into an abattoir. I'll suck the bastards in, play anvil to Grey Team's hammer, and the butcher's bill will be like nothing Padania's ever paid.(yt)
Sheo Darren

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 2 Apr 2008 - 22:01

"Grey Three reported that they just turned up the access road. If you can't use the foyer, is there some other place where you can cover the front entrance nearby? It's going to be problematic if we can't stop them from entering."

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Wed 2 Apr 2008 - 22:43

OOC: I'll wait for, and coordinate with, West Nile-san per Etta and Rico's part in this rush, it being safe to assume that Rico (controlled by West Nile-san) would cooperate, so to speak.

====================================================

IC: Giuseppe grimaced. He himself couldn't tell if he was morbidly pleased or angry. "I think we can hold," he assured Piero. "We'll hold."

He looked back to where Etta and Rico had gone to get their makeshift barricade. The heavy table had looked to be of very good hardwood. Its polished surface would stand up to submachine and pistol rounds easily- for a time. He wasn't so sure about rifle rounds.

"Hurry up!" Giuseppe called to the girls.(yt)
Sheo Darren

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Wed 2 Apr 2008 - 22:56

Marcello set down his rifle as he listened to the radio chatter. He pulled out his night vision binoculars, and peered down the road. The cars couldn't be that far. He wanted to be sure that if they where going to try to kill of them they weren't random innocents.

He listened carefully as Blue suggested they let the targets walk inside. That's a bad idea blue. Macello thought to himself. We'll lose the cross fire if they walk inside. For us to be able to shoot them we would risking shooting at you. You've been shot by the enemy once, last thing you need is to be shot by a friend. They'll get a chance to pull there guns out. In the cars their all packed in together. It's a perfect ambush. If nothing else you should be able to use the door frame into the house as cover. He wanted to speak up, but he'd already told someone above him they aught to do it differently. That was enough challenging the chain of command for one night.

OOC: I"m for Piero's plan. Lets just try to murder them all in the cars its the safe bet.

Strive for your next breath.  Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one.  Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Thu 3 Apr 2008 - 10:31

OOC: Question? Where exactly do you want Blue Team to hold? I made the front look like this:

entrance
I I <-foyer corridor
door
room with three doors; the side doors are blocked
door leading inside
I I
room where padania attacked the group
Sheo Darren

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 3 Apr 2008 - 11:09

OOC: I guess I'd been thinking that the first room the main doors led into was probably fairly large, given the size of the estate...

The ambush plan had actually called for Blue Team to hide out in the first room. Basically, when the signal was given, they'd step out, gun down anyone who had got out of the vehicles and was coming towards the entrance, toss a couple grenades under the trapped middle vehicles in the group, duck back inside, let the grenades go off, then duck out again and either take down anyone who's escaping the vehicles or -if they don't try to get out- hose down the vehicles themselves with massed weapons fire.

Sorry if I didn't make things very clear with Piero's in character explanation of the plan earlier.

Do people need me to run things back a few posts, or can we salvage this as is? (Wileama, if we do need to run things back, I'll try and save your post and send it to you so you can reuse as much as possible, okay?)

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Thu 3 Apr 2008 - 22:20

OOC: is Rico suppose to be able to hear the chat's over the radio, since ive been having Rico intentionally ignore them thinking that it's probably none of her business.

IC: Rico assissts Henrietta as they heave the table towards the door way.

"Entrance is secure sir."

Photobucket
Just cause I'm dead, doesn't mean I can't be your Loli Fantasy!
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Sat 5 Apr 2008 - 8:54

OC: Check, Piero-san. Since I never mentioned how big the foyer/corridor waqs, we can stick to your plan.

@West Nile-san: Rico can hear it, but unless she thinks it's her business, yeah, she'll probably ignore it.

IC: "Good," Giuseppe approved. The table was out of immediate sight of anyone outside the house. The girls might be bulletproof, but he wasn't.

He suddenly felt terrible, knowing this fact and taking advantage of it.

Am I a horrible person?

No time for self-doubt. Later, maybe. But for now, Padania needed killing.

"Let's give them a warm reception," he told the girls. "Stay out of sight. On my signal, take them. Men outside the cars first, then the ones inside. I'll throw a grenade; we'll pull back into shelter until it blows, then clean the survivors up."

To Piero: "We're ready here. Just give us the word."

Blue Team hung near the door, hidden and ready, waiting for Grey's signal.(yt)
Sheo Darren

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 5 Apr 2008 - 11:54

OOC: Is Jose in good enough shape to be throwing a grenade right now?

BTW, I know we're going with the plan, but it seems to me that that fact isn't too clear to the characters in the thread, hence this post...

IC:
"Roger that, Blue Team. So we're sticking with the original plan?"

Piero hoped they were. With those vehicles approaching, they didn't exactly have much time to come up with a new one.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Sun 6 Apr 2008 - 3:23

OOC: Yes, he's hale enough. The bullet just grazed his right arm. He still has his left, and he can always have the girls throw the grenades for him if needs be.

IC: "Like glue," Giuseppe clarified over the radio. "I reinforced my position here, just in case, but we go with your plan, Grey."

A grenade appeared in his good hand. He thought he could hear the vehicles already.

"Rico," he whispered, "Watch our backs for the moment. We don't want anyone sneaking up on us." The blonde's shotgun wasn't as effective against cars as the P90 or the F2000, so Giuseppe could spare her for the moment. "But on my mark," he added, "Take down the closest in the cars. Wait until the doors are open. Or aim at the windows."(yt)
Sheo Darren

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Sun 6 Apr 2008 - 7:25

IC:
"Yes sir."

Rico replied as she poised her self behind the fratello and aimed her gun at anything that could pose a threat.

OOC: do you want an attempted ambush or will Rico really have to use her gun?

Photobucket
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 6 Apr 2008 - 12:06

Piero felt a sense of relief flow through his body.

"Roger that, Blue. Estimate targets are about fourty five seconds from your position. Prepare to attack on my signal."

Beside Piero and his sharpshooter's rifle, Diana was holding her HK53.

"Do you want me to shoot now?" she asked. Piero shook his head.

"Save your ammunition. A carbine with a barrel that short is only marginally effective at this sort of range. Besides, I need you to signal the other units for me when I open fire."

Diana nodded, a little disappointed that she couldn't help her handler with the actual shooting but not too much so.

"Yes sir."

Below them, the convoy approached the split in the road which would determine whether they would go up the front driveway or go around back to the garage at the rear...

The vehicles turned left and proceeded towards the front entrance.

"Blue Team, this is Grey Five. Targets are proceeding into the kill zone. Stand by."

Lining up his crosshairs on the drivers window of the rearmost vehicle, Piero waited as the vehicles approached the mansion's front steps. Hopefully nothing would spook them now...

The compact car that was leading the convoy rolled to a stop, and the three vans behind it did the same. The passengers side doors of the lead two vehicles openned, and two figures got out. Piero let them get a few steps up the front stairs before deciding it was time to strike.

The G3-SG/1's booming report echoed through the night air, and a moment later Diana's voice could be heard over the radio. She said one word.

"Lampo."

Last edited by Piero on Fri 11 Apr 2008 - 11:40; edited 1 time in total

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sun 6 Apr 2008 - 16:44

Piero wrote:"Roger that, Blue. Estimate targets are about fourty five seconds from your position. Prepare to attack on my signal."
Marcello peered down the road, eyes straining to pick out the details that formed the shapes of the approaching vehicles. Eventually he saw them take shape, he studied them best he could.

Piero wrote:Below them, the convoy approached the split in the road which would determine whether they would go up the front driveway or go around back to the garage at the rear...
Marcello grab his radio. "Grey six to Grey Five. I'm unable to to confirm targets as hostile. Can you?" They might be able to spot guns once the convoy entered a kill zone, or they might not. He wasn't about to gun down some civilian just, because he failed to pay attention to detail.

Piero wrote:"Blue Team, this is Grey Five. Targets are proceeding into the kill zone. Stand by."
Marcello was already beginning to set his binoculars down, with a slow steady movement. Picking his rifle up in a similar manner, as to not reveal his location to the approaching vehicles by sudden movements. His sights settled on the driver of the car. He thumbed the safety to auto. The car came to a stop, as his finger entered the trigger well.

Doors on the car opened. Marcello felt his heart pounding in his chest. His breathing was becoming a bit quicker. In his peripheral vision he saw the men move towards the stairs. He let out a long breath, trying to slow his breathing a bit.

Piero wrote:The G3-SG/1's booming report echoed through the night air, and a moment later Diana's voice could be heard over the radio. She said one word.

"Lampo."
It took all the effort in the world not to squeeze the trigger at the instant he heard the gunshot. His radio came to life in his ear, and he squeezed the trigger. It was a short tap, designed to produce as few rounds out of the gun as possible. The millisecond he brought the rifle back down he squeezed again. This time producing a much longer stream of bullets, perhaps three, or five. Marcello could clearly hear the firing of Olga's weapon to his side in the small pause after his shot. His aim settled on the hood. He squeezed the trigger, with no intentions of releasing it this time. He let the recoil carry his aim up to the windshield. Controlling the barrel he swept his aim between the driver, and the sole remain passenger.

After what seemed an eternity the weapon stopped roaring, and bucking in his hands. "Reloading!" Marcello declared as he checked his rifle to ensure it was empty, and not jammed. His hands were already moving to dropping the magazine, and reload with one he had placed on the ground. "Up." He said sweeping his weapon back, and forth looking for more targets.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Mon 7 Apr 2008 - 12:10

OOC: Wileama, I can kind of see why you might want Marcello asking about the ID stuff, but in the future can you try to avoid asking questions when the movement of the thread has already moved things past the point where the character being asked the question can actually offer an answer?

IC:

Olga studied Marcello as the pieces began to fall into place for the ambush. She could understand the young man's concerns, but didn't feel them strongly. To her, the convoy seemed highly suspicious. It seemed like it would be quite a coincidence for a group of vehicles -most of which were cargo vans- to be showing up at an out of the way Padania safe house as night unless they had reason to be there. Furthermore, Jean had referred to the vehicles as 'suspicious' in his transmission, which suggested to her that the surveillance team on the road had picked up something they didn't like about them. Olga had done enough surveillance to know that 'suspicious' label might be based primarily on the observer's gut instincts, but she wasn't entirely about to disregard it because of that. In her experience, an experienced observer's gut instincts about a person or object could actually be quite reliable.

But for a person with relatively little field experience who was used to piecing together hard evidence... well, she could see why Marcello might be a little uncertain.

On the driveway, the lead car slowly approached the steps. With the Short Dot set to minimum magnification, Olga took aim at the vehicle with her fire selector set to automatic.

The car rolled to a stop, a figure got out and began to climb the steps, and then the crack of a rifle shot was heard, followed almost immediately by Diana's voice on the radio.

"Lampo."

Olga openned fire, shooting of a series of short, controlled bursts as she swept across the compact car's windshield. She was using a lot of ammunition, but under the circumstances, she didn't view it as overkill, especially given how much the effectiveness of most 5.56mm rounds was reduced by having to shoot through barriers.

Beside her, Marcello fired off the last of his magazine in one long burst. Olga didn't consider that particularly good technique, but she had to admit it would at least stagger their magazine changes. With such rapid fire shooting, they were both burning through ammunition quite fast.

Olga's magazine ran empty just as Marcello was partway through his own magazine change. Gritting her teeth, the russian woman quickly released her empty magazine and reached for a new one.

"Reloading!" she called out quietly to Marcello as she did so. She hoped the precious seconds in which they were unable to provide fire weren't going to cost them too badly. She doubted they would, given their position relative to that of the enemy, but she still didn't like to give the opposition any breathing room.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Tue 8 Apr 2008 - 1:55

Rico looks on as she wonders if her gun in hand will be adept for her current situation. She braces on and hopes for the best.

Last edited by Piero on Fri 11 Apr 2008 - 11:41; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Editted to get rid of no longer necessary OOC discussion.)

Photobucket
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Wed 9 Apr 2008 - 8:39

OOC: @West Nile-san: I believe I had Giuseppe tell Rico to aim at the windows. When in doubt, aim at something less sturdy than metal. John Clark/John Kelly from Without Remorse can tell you that having your window busted in by a shotgun spread is not conducive to your health. He barely survived that experience, and it took him weeks to recover.

Blue's position is this:

Van 3--Van 2--Van 1--Car
----------Door-----------
Giuseppe - Henrietta - Rico

West Nile-san, you can follow up on mine.

IC: Piero's shot was the signal for all hell to break loose.

"Rico, first van, driver, window! Etta, take the ones walking towards us! Grey, our turn! GO!!!"

Giuseppe counted on Grey Team's fire drawing the enemy's attention as Blue Team opened fire from the doorway.

Entrusting the first van to Henrietta, he raked the passenger compartment of the second van (OOC: Van 2 in the map above) with economical bursts from his F2000. The range was point blank for his 5.56mm rounds. The bullets punched
through aluminum and steel and fiberglass and flesh with ease.

His shooting was a bit off. His wound hurt. But Giuseppe fought down his pain with gritted teeth and made sure the second van's driver was dead. He drew a long burst across the second van's front to kill or keep down the surviving
passengers inside.

The third van, out of sight behind the second, merited a burst to keep their occupants' heads down. Like all prey, humans generally tended to take cover first when shot at.

Meanwhile, Etta let loose with her P90. The 5.7mm SS190 penetrators rated effective against Level II body armor and lower. Short bursts chopped down the two terrorists walking towards her. The pistol one had been toting dropped to
the ground. These were bad guys, all right!

A flick of thumb put her weapon on full auto. She carefully walked her fire alongside the length of the first van before her, aiming at what was waist height for a grown man to maximize her chances of hitting someone inside. Screams resounded from within.

Rico was firing as well. (OOC: West Nile-san, I leave it to you. Second van's driver, please.)

His rifle out of ammo, Giuseppe primed a MK3A2 concussion grenade. A two count preceded the grenade rolling beneath the furthest van's driver's compartment.

"Fire in the hole!" he called out over the radio.(yt)

Last edited by Sheo Darren on Fri 11 Apr 2008 - 7:40; edited 4 times in total
Sheo Darren

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Wed 9 Apr 2008 - 8:54

OOC: Hai Sheo-san

IC: Rico's first shot hits the car's doors and an unsatisfying mark on the car door told Rico that she made no progress with that shot.

"Sir. Joze is right about the windows."

Jumping out of her cover like a jackal pouncing on it's prey Rico got as much height as she can so that she can put every piece of buckshot into the most fragile thing in between her and her victims, the windshield.

The buck shot and the shrapnel made quick work of the people inside but Rico reloaded her looking for more glass to shatter.

Last edited by West Nile on Fri 11 Apr 2008 - 8:33; edited 1 time in total

Photobucket
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Wed 9 Apr 2008 - 9:57

OOC: Rico better pull back- or not. Giuseppe used a concussion grenade, so less shrapnel. Still, look out.

Next part takes place while Etta and Rico are busting up the first van.

IC: "Fire in the hole!" Giuseppe yelled.

A second later...

The MK3A2 concussion grenade beneath the third van used the blast wave generated by sheer explosive might to shatter a target. As thus, it had a far smaller 'wounding radius' than the Mk62 frag grenade, but a bigger punch against protected targets like vehicles.

The third van hopped upwards about half a foot or so. The floor beneath the dead driver blew upwards, more or less disintegrating his corpse.

The second van shuddered. The blast had blown in its rear window and crumpled its rear doors.

Giuseppe reloaded.(yt)

Last edited by Sheo Darren on Fri 11 Apr 2008 - 7:31; edited 3 times in total
Sheo Darren

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 9 Apr 2008 - 11:59

OOC: Sheesh, you guys have done a lot of damage already...

IC: The sudden violence of Grey and Blue Team's attacks caught the Padanian convoy of guard, and in a matter of seconds they had already suffered heavy casualties. Nevertheless, the few who did survive the initial attack were not about to just give up and die. Instead they scrambled for their rifles and the doors of their vehicles, intent on getting out of the deathtraps and retaliating against their attackers. Unfortunately for them, with the exception of the passenger in the rearmost vehicle, they all had to use the left side doors to get out of their vans, and that left them exposed to Piero's sniper fire -a situation that the ex-GIS operator took full advantage of.

OOC: I don't think I'm taking that many kills here -there aren't that many people left to shoot at.

Last edited by Piero on Fri 11 Apr 2008 - 11:37; edited 1 time in total

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Thu 10 Apr 2008 - 10:22

Marcello could hear the bolt slide forward bring a new round into the chamber. "Up!" he said trying to keep his voice in check. He just had time to thumb the safety to three round burst, when the grenade introduced itself to the third van. Already on lying down on his belly, Marcello some how managed to get a little lower. His left arm covering his head as the van toppled.

"God damn," He said to no one in particular, as he brought his rifle back into a shooting position. His sights fell upon a car door being used as cover, and he squeezed the trigger, paused, and then fired again.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 11 Apr 2008 - 11:50

OOC: Thanks for the edits, guys. I could probably nitpick a couple more points, but it's probably getting to be about time to move on, don't you think?

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Sat 12 Apr 2008 - 8:10

OOC: No prob.

IC: "Grey, Blue," Giuseppe hissed into the mike. "Any hostiles left? Where?" He'd send Etta and Rico out to help mop Padania stragglers up if needed. (yt)
Sheo Darren

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 12 Apr 2008 - 11:39

Piero scanned the now silent scene before him with his scope. From what he could make out, the ambush had been completely successful.

"Blue Team, Grey Five. I don't see anything left down there, but we should have someone check inside the vehicles to be sure."

At her shooting position beside the tree, Olga quickly touched her transmit button.

"Grey Five, Grey Six. I'll handle that."

While she was experienced and knew that the cyborgs were accustomed to combat, she wasn't entirely comfortable with the idea of them having to check over dead bodies. Leaving her rifle resting on its bipod, the Russian operator rose to her feet and drew her sidearm before turning to Marcello.

"You don't have to come for this one," she told him, keenly aware that the young man might not be too comfortable seeing the aftermath of the slaughter.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sun 13 Apr 2008 - 0:35

Marcello dropped his mag, already reaching for a new one. "Bullshit I don't," He declared quietly as the bolt slammed forward. He had the look of a man with singular focus. He rose to a knee, rifle aimed at the scene in front of them. "I've got your back," He said simple. Waiting to follow the Russians lead.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 13 Apr 2008 - 0:47

Olga glanced at Marcello, then nodded when she saw the young man's determination. Hopefully he wasn't letting the heat of the moment make him do something he would regret later.

Holding her pistol at the ready, Olga advanced on the foremost vehicle and peered through the windows, searching for any sign of life. Seeing no threat in the four bodies that were sprawled in the vehicles front and rear seats behind the now practically non-existent windshield, she advanced on the second vehicle -the first of the cargo vans- and approached the partially open sliding door.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sun 13 Apr 2008 - 1:24

Marcello folded his stock over, and went to full auto as he followed Olga. Walking quietly, he did his best to control his breath, and emotions. The Russian paused, and Marcello closed the gap between the two. He gave a firm tap to Olga's shoulder, letting her know he was ready. She surged forward, across the gap in the door. With one hand she pulled the door open, the other hand keeping her Desert Eagle aimed at drivers section. Marcello meanwhile dropped to a knee, and kept his aim into the rear of the van.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 13 Apr 2008 - 1:30

OOC: Just as a note, some of the vehicles doors would probably be open due to the occupants attempts to escape.

IC:

The sliding door slid open to reveal a bench seat with two bodies sprawled across it, a pair of assault rifles close at hand. The area behind the seat appeared to be completely empty, as if the vehicle's occupants had been intending to pick up some sort of cargo.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sun 13 Apr 2008 - 2:28

OOC: Sorry I meant to imply that Olga was completely opening the door, as you stated it was partially opened.

IC: "Clear," Marcello said calmly as he allowed himself a moment to absorb the details in the van. He very well might regret that decision later, but it was part of the job. He heard Olga echo his statement, and turn to leave. The pair approached the next van with care, weapons trained windows, and open doors. On guard for attack they moved to clear the second van in a similar manner to the clearing of the first.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Sun 13 Apr 2008 - 9:01

Giuseppe nodded to himself. "Okay, Grey Six. We're here if you have trouble. Rico," he told the blond girl, "Keep an eye out for survivors. Red One," he asked Jean, "Status of Triela? I can leave Rico to assist Grey Six, and go with Etta to reinforce Triela if needed."

Henrietta kept an eye on the doorway leading inside the manor.(yt)
Sheo Darren

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 13 Apr 2008 - 22:34

"Gold Two hasn't reported any trouble, so I think she can hold on for a little longer. I'm going to get you medevaced as soon as the scene is declared clear. I've already got one of the G-Wagens standing by near the access road."

The SWA motor pool included two armoured Mercedes G-Wagens, and Jean had brought the two SUVs along for just this sort of contingency. While not as well protected as a true APC, they were discrete enough to travel covertly on public roads, and were a potentially useful asset for extractions.

A short distance away, Olga scanned the interior of the third vehicle in the convoy and declared it clear before moving on to the fourth and final vehicle.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Mon 14 Apr 2008 - 1:58

Marcello kept a tight grip on his rifle as they moved to clear the last van. He advanced kept his aim on the windshield, as Olga moved forward. The van looked pretty bad after the grenade, and he imagined it's occupants couldn't have faired much better. There was always a chance he remind himself, as he moved up to Olga. A tap to the shoulder, and the pair moved to clear the final vehicle on the sense.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Mon 14 Apr 2008 - 2:20

OOC: Actually, Jose but the grenade under the next van, but that one van would have a fair number of bullet holes...

IC:

At Marcello's signal, Olga moved up to the last vehicle, the one which had had a grenade detonate under it. The results of her investigation were much the same as with the first two vans -the Padanians up front were no longer a threat, and the rear of the vehicle was empty. Touching her transmitter, Olga reported in.

"Grey Five to Red One. All clear over here. I count seventeen enemy dead."

It was a relatively small number given the potential capacity of the vehicles in the convoy, but it was still very significant. It might well account for an entire cell, or at least a good portion of one.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Mon 14 Apr 2008 - 5:45

OOC: Marcello was covering the last van from his position at the third. The description that followed was of the last van. I can see how it wasn't clear though. I'm going to take some liberate with my next action. Hope noone minds.

IC: Marcello relaxed his grip on his rifle a bit, a little more confident he wasn't about to get shot. He made a quick inspection of the interior, and turned his attention, to the building. Blue was still inside with a wound. He looked over at Olga. The Russian was speaking into the radio, but none the less noticed his gaze. She glancing over at him. He jerked his head at the building, while she was paying attention. She seemed to understand the suggestion, and mulled it over for perhaps a second.

"We're moving to assist with the medivac of Blue One." Olga finished on the radio. Switching to her rifle she motioned for Marcello to take point. He nodded, and began moving towards the stairs.

"Grey five to Blue one, we're coming up the stairs. Watch your fire." Marcello announced over the radio as he climbed the stairs. In short order he was stepping into the room, weapon still ready. He quickly dropped the rifle barrel to the floor as he moved over to the injured man in the room. down he recalled the first step of first aid he had learned in his military days.

"How you doing sir?" He asked doing his best to be up beat. He wondered if the smile was a bit to forced... "You just relax, and we'll have you out of here in no time." Marcello declared as he inspected the wound, and makeshift bandage. He wanted to be sure the bleeding had stopped. He thought for a moment about moving the handler outside. The building technically hadn't been fully cleared yet. If they moved outside, behind a van say they might be safer. He glanced at Olga who was watching one of the doors. He decided to wait for her say so, and he turned back to the man in front of him.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Tue 15 Apr 2008 - 8:47

OOC: Whoops. Careful there. Etta's in sight of your OC, has a gun and a twitchy trigger finger with regards to her handler. Remember Fermi and Rico?

IC: "How you doing sir? You just relax, and we'll have you
out of here in no time."

Despite the pain in his arm, Giuseppe just had to return the newbie's smile. Piero's enthusiasm was infectious, especially after this hash of a mission.

"I'm fine. It's just a scratch. It's not like I haven't been shot before," he joked.

Henrietta glared at Marcello. The man might have not noticed her at once; after all, she was so small and he was looking at Giuseppe- but then Etta placed herself squarely between Giuseppe and this stranger who might be a threat, her SMG hugged to her front but ready to deploy and fire at a moment's notice.(yt)

Last edited by Sheo Darren on Tue 15 Apr 2008 - 21:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bad eyesight on my part ^_^)
Sheo Darren

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Tue 15 Apr 2008 - 9:36

OOC: It's Marcello, Piero is still outside in overwatch. I'll be honest the thought had crossed my mind.

IC:
Sheo Darren wrote:"I'm fine. It's just a scratch. It's not like I haven't been shot before," he joked.
Joking is good Marcello noted. It could go a long way to keeping the other man, Giuseppe he thought, calm, and relaxed. Important things to an injured man. He kept talking as he moved to check the man over "Well hopefully that's not just the adren..."

The little girl cradling a gun in front of him was possibly the creepiest thing he had ever seen. She didn't look cute, or nice, but rather like a guard dog bearing its fangs. He gulped, and his up beat act faltered for a moment. "Ah, Hi..." Marcello said waving his hand a bit. I wonder if she can smell fear he wondered.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Tue 15 Apr 2008 - 22:03

OOC: Gomen. I'm blind and old. ^_^

IC: Henrietta's glare toned down into a stare. She was still suspicious of- and hostile to- Marcello, though.

Giuseppe's 'good' hand came down on her head. "Henrietta," he both scolded and cajoled.

The girl flinched but deflated quite quickly. She looked up at her towering (from her point of view) handler.

"I'd forgotten about that," Giuseppe apologized to Marcello. "You have to be careful. Our-" the hated word 'cyborg' briefly lingered upon the tip of his tongue "-girls are ... overprotective. Even if you meant well, approaching a handler without warning can be dangerous. They're..."

He silently fought down the word 'conditioned' as if it was vomit from his gut. "They're actually rather nervous," he tried, wishing he had his brother's quick wits and honey-coated tongue to smooth out the shock for Marcello. "Unless they're very familiar with you, they don't really trust you. And even if they know you, they still... value their handler more than you," Giuseppe finished.

That was either the most heartfelt thing I've ever said, or the lamest, he bitterly thought, his stoic face successfully hiding his inner turmoil.(yt)
Sheo Darren

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Tue 15 Apr 2008 - 22:22

OOC: Don't worry about it Razz

IC: Macrello nodded silently as he listened to Giuseppe speak. "Umm... Right," He said, as he glanced between the handler, and his ward. "Well why don't you just sit down, Sir. We'll go ahead, and get you right out of here." He continued. Giuseppe looked alright, but that could just be adrenaline talking. The last thing Marcello wanted was for the man to faint from blood loss, or suddenly go into shock while standing.

He looked down at the girl, trying to smile again. "I'm just going to check his bandage, okay?" Marcello said holding his hands up a bit as if to surrender.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Wed 16 Apr 2008 - 8:26

Giuseppe nodded. He hadn't lost much blood, but it didn't hurt to rest. "All right," he agreed. "It doesn't hurt that much, but I would like to have it cleaned and patched up."

"I'm just going to check his bandage, okay?" Marcello told Henrietta.

Henrietta frowned. Giuseppe smiled faintly. "Don't worry, Henrietta. He's all right. He's here to help," he explained. "Let him work on my wound. You... you go and keep an eye out around us for the moment."

A brown-topped head bobbed hesitantly.

"Rico, watch the doors inside," Giuseppe told his brother's cyborg. "Just in case."

As both girls went to work, he offered his wounded, hastily-bandaged arm to Marcello. "Okay, Doc. I think you can start working now."(yt)
Sheo Darren

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Wed 16 Apr 2008 - 8:31

Rico met with Henrietta before taking their positions by the door. Rico didn't notice the whole event but does notice that Henreitta is rather annoyed, she didn't hesitate to ask.

"Is he a handler too Henrietta?"

Photobucket
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Thu 17 Apr 2008 - 9:20

Henrietta blinked. She again stared at Marcello. However, this time she was curious instead of angry.

"I don't think so," she finally opined. "He doesn't have any- anyone with him. I think he'd have a cyborg with him if he's a handler..."(yt)
Sheo Darren

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Thu 17 Apr 2008 - 10:35

Marcello return his attention to what was in front of him. He inspected the bandage closely to make sure the bleeding had stopped. "We have an ETA on that Medivac yet?" He called back to Olga. Turning back to Giuseppe he did his best to offer another smile, if still somewhat shaken. "You didn't bang anything else up did you? Are you cold, anything like that?" He asked.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 17 Apr 2008 - 11:39

Olga had been watching Henrietta's reaction to Marcello with some concern, but Giueseppe had intervened before she did -a fact that was just as well, considering that his words had more weight with Henrietta then hers ever would.

"They should be here any moment," the Russian operator informed Marcello. As if on cue, the engine noise of an approaching vehicle could be heard outside as the armoured G-Wagen approached. As it neared the building, it turned around then and back up to the disabled vehicles, getting as close as possible and presenting it's large rear door for easy access.

Olga moved over to assist Marcello with the wounded Giueseppe.

"Alright, let's get you out of here. Henrietta, Rico, cover us!"

Meanwhile, in the basement of the mansion, the informant looked nervously up at the ceiling.

"They've stopped shooting. We should move," he suggested to Triela. He seemed rather agitated, and had his finger resting on the trigger of the submachine gun he was holding -a gross violation of modern firearms handling rules.

OOC: Anyone mind if I have Jean assign Piero to take over Blue Team (or what's left of it, if Henrietta insists on staying with Jose?)? I've got an idea I may be able to do with that. (BTW, I'm thinking that Marcello and Olga will be assigned to take over Piero's position outside, while Marco and Hillshire are assigned to take over theirs.)

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Thu 17 Apr 2008 - 22:08

OOC: No problem. Henrietta's pretty much useless without Giuseppe, so that means Jean will get Rico only, unless he insists otherwise. Jean's call, then.

IC: Giuseppe had to chuckle at Marcello's nervousness. "Not at all," he assured. "Apologies for scaring you earlier. Maybe I laid it on a bit too thickly on you," was the added admission.

Olga approached to help them. "Alright, let's get you out of here. Henrietta, Rico, cover us!" she ordered.

"Henrietta!" Giuseppe called to confirm his colleague's orders.

The redhead bobbed her head and personally escorted the trio of adults to the van. Giuseppe studied his ward for a moment before bringing his radio to his lips.

"Jean? I don't think Henrietta's up for more action tonight. Since the area's more or less clear, is it okay if she went with me?"

Henrietta's heart leapt.(yt)
Sheo Darren

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum