The All-SWA-Teambuilding-Camping-Trip...

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The All-SWA-Teambuilding-Camping-Trip...

Post by Alfisti on Sun 15 Mar 2015 - 3:07

EDIT: (current as of 20150321): the RP Thread is now live. This thread can be used for out of context discussion, planning between participants, and a place to post general information regarding your on-site characters. It will also remain open for those who may with to join later to sign up, and the front post will be updated periodically to reflect any new arrivals, or changes to rules etc which may require implementing. END EDIT

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...otherwise know as "get the non-outdoors fratelli outdoors".

So, this was being kicked around in chat by Polos, PSVT, Kisk, Elfen, CI, et al. (sorry if I missed anyone), and seemingly I drew the short straw, so get to write the post.

Synopsis: The SWA feels some of its fratelli and staff spend far too much time in civilisation and could use hardening up, so are sending them camping for... well, until we get bored, but long enough to scare any non-tenting personnel. Call it four nights. Chief's orders. Seasoned and/or enthusiastic tenters welcome to join for a lovely autumnal frolic in the Italian Countryside (exact location of 'countryside' to be determined, but expect campfire weather). Transport will be provided by the SWA, with a hike to then reach the campsite (nothing too strenuous, call it 10-15km). This is not glamping, expect nature at its best, which means no power, no comms, sponge baths (there may be a lake) and that toilets come in shovel format. If characters have no idea what they're doing, then so much the better.

BYO food, drink, liquor in whatever quantities and proportions you feel required/can carry.

For reference, Camp Site Layout can be found HERE
- Jay (MP5) has set up a latrine a short distance from the campsite (still within visual range). It's a metre deep hole and tarped off with garbage bags and duct tape... marked by a pink glow stick.  Now improved to gender-separated latrines w/toilet seats fashioned out of cut-open half-drums, seat side cut into crescent-moon shaped apertures sanded down with a file from multi-tool carried by Charlie. Still, presumably, marked with a pink glow stick.
- Improvised Gravity shower by lakeshore + "Heat hut". Barrels need 15-30 min each to heat up, about 10 min. supply in each. Barrels cannot be left in the heat hut for extended periods, so hot water cannot be stored.

Standing Orders:
- No Padania (or other enemy/competitor) involvement... this is purely for lulz.
- Max. two(2) fratelli (or other personnel) each, otherwise some of us start losing track. Bring OCs if you got 'em, those without OCs can use canon characters. There will be none of the latter coming along as NPCs for reasons of "we can't be bothered dealing with peoples' differing views". Don't feel you have to bring two, one is fine, it's less for everyone to remember, and someone needs to stay home and hold the fort.
- As stated before: the campsite is in a radio deadspot, so there are no comms. Two (semi-reliable) satellite phones will be provided in case of emergencies, and given to responsible adults... not the nice adults either, the nasty ones.
- Also per above: transport to the site will be via (crowded, sans trailers) SWA minibus and then hiking... so everything brought along will need to be carried the rest of the way in on someone's back.
- No vehicle access to the site... period.
- I shouldn't have to say this but: stay in the spirit, be nice, don't play someone else's character without consulting them first.
- Firearms are discouraged on this trip by the SWA leadership and, if brought, it is expected they be limited to sidearms only. Ultimately however, whether they are brought or not is handler's (or equivalent) discretion. Keep in mind also that everything must be carried in on someone's back, and that any firearm must also be concealed as tenters may potentially find themselves in the public eye.
- ADD001|If you're going to reserve a space in the ongoing thread, be doubly sure to communicate your intentions to others, and include a note-form synopsis of what is going in there. Post in the information thread as well when that slot has been properly filled.

We'll be looking to kick off in about a week from now, with the intent to run similar to "Chalet Shenanigans", which is to say "casually": we'll do a starting post and then see what happens. No plot expected, bar actually making it to the campsite (more on that when we get there). No expectation to recognise anything that happens beyond the walls of the game... what happens on the camping trip, stays on the camping trip. Late arrivals are more than welcome, but must follow the same constraints as encountered by those arriving by minibus.

Anyway, throw your paw up in the thread if you're interested in coming and let us know who you're brining. I've not personally decided who I will be bringing yet, but the roster will be below (Please provide full names):

Attending (possibly, or ideally, under duress) personnel:

Hike Leader/Dungeon Master-proxy|Major Salles <-- non-interactive role, but someone to let Polos or myself prod the thing along if need be.

Main Group:
- PolosElite23|Mitch Carmine/Cassie & Donald Malarky/Sierra Fratelli
- Kiskaloo|Michele Pagani/Kara+Claes Fratello
- PSVT|James Bernard/Rachelle & Giancarlo Rossi/Valentina Rossi+Eleonora "Nora" Rossi Fratelli
- topgearbrzgt86|Frederic Loeb/Jim+Jamiebel Fratello
- crazyidiot78|Tea
- boomer_gonz|Alpha Lautani/Crystal Evans (under temporary care of Alpha)
- Alfisti|Florentino Vitale/Odile
- Thescarredman|Alan "Doc" Mayfair/Kristal "Kay"+Verotrois "Vee"
- TeaTimeNinja|Pete Rönnholm/Elly Fratello
- Officer_Charon|SRT Personnel - John Darme, Fausto Martinello, Carlos Gallo, Massamiliano "Max" Esposito

Arriving Late:
- Vett|Edward Brooks/Rebecca Fratello
- ElfenMagix|Fernando G/Rachel G+Frncesca G fratello & Juanita S
- MP5| Allison/Brian McDonnell+Jay Valentine & Nicolette Montagne/Andy+Charlie Fratelli

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Changes Log:
20150321|RP Thread Live.
20150330|MP5 added to "Arriving Late".
20150402|Link to camp site layout picture added as reference material.
20150405|Latrine added to campsite description.
20150427|Standing Orders Addition 01 - reserving slots.
20150616|Campsite description updated for shower and new latrines.

Last edited by Alfisti on Mon 15 Jun 2015 - 18:10; edited 28 times in total

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5739

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Re: The All-SWA-Teambuilding-Camping-Trip...

Post by PolosElite23 on Sun 15 Mar 2015 - 11:12

Alfisti will be putting the beginning together, but due to his lsck of time, I'll probably be the one "running" this. Aka: make sure rules followed...probably since I pushed for this to be a thing...

The Mitch/Cassie Fratello and the Sierra/Donald Fratello will be attending this lovely trip.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
----
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.

-Stanzas 2+4 of Invictus by William Earnest Henley
PolosElite23

Male

Forum Posts : 913

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire, and Angelica

Original Characters : Various

Comments : A journey of a lifetime starts with a blinking cursor.

Registration date : 2013-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 15 Mar 2015 - 11:14

@Alfisti wrote:Attending (possibly, or ideally, under duress) personnel:

Michele and Kara reporting as ordered.

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Mon 16 Mar 2015 - 9:33; edited 1 time in total

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10890

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by PolosElite23 on Sun 15 Mar 2015 - 11:30

Btw. Ghost story time should totally be a thing.

Cassie: pwease no.

----

PolosElite23

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Sun 15 Mar 2015 - 12:46

The Bernard fratello of James and Rachelle will, begrudgingly, make their way to camp from wherever in Italy they were when getting the call. The Rossi's (Giancarlo, Valentina, and Eleonora) will also be present, but for how long is yet to be determined.

The perfect might be the enemy of the good. Then again, so is the mediocre.
PSVT

Male

Forum Posts : 497

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : Giancarlo Rossi and his cyborgs Valentina R. and Eleonora R.; James Bernard and his cyborg Rachelle

Comments : Working on an actual story now, so please be patient... ^_^;

Registration date : 2014-05-27
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Vett on Sun 15 Mar 2015 - 16:55

Edward Brooks and Rebecca will be along, probably late, definitely in their own transport, and very much under duress.

That goes double should the sat-phone or those holding it be unreliable.

As far as they're concerned, a shovel and a tent make it a glamping holiday, of no useful purpose, and four days that could be spent doing useful work.

((Reading this back before posting, I can't help but feel that, with the exception of the shovel and tent comment, you could just swap Edward and Rebecca for Jethro and Monique. Feel like setting up a separate enclave for work-a-holics Anonymous Alfisti? Monty and Becca can have eye-rolling competitions and compare notes on the terrorists being allowed to carry on their business while they suffer this farce Wink))

Last edited by Vett on Mon 16 Mar 2015 - 10:11; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited to provide full names per Alfisti's next post)

Vett

Male

Forum Posts : 195

Fan of : Triella, Henrietta

Original Characters : Rebecca/Edward

Comments :

Registration date : 2012-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sun 15 Mar 2015 - 21:20

Ok, first things first: if you've not already done so, please provide full names so we can call your characters by whatever is required.

@Vett wrote:Edward and Rebecca will be along, probably late, definitely in their own transport, and very much under duress.

That goes double should the sat-phone or those holding it be unreliable.

As far as they're concerned, a shovel and a tent make it a glamping holiday, of no useful purpose, and four days that could be spent doing useful work.

((Reading this back before posting, I can't help but feel that, with the exception of the shovel and tent comment, you could just swap Edward and Rebecca for Jethro and Monique. Feel like setting up a separate enclave for work-a-holics Anonymous Alfisti? Monty and Becca can have eye-rolling competitions and compare notes on the terrorists being allowed to carry on their business while they suffer this farce ))
Ok, I'll leave Edward and Rebecca out of the initial scene, they can catch the rest up on the trail.

As much fun as Becca and Monty in one place would be, the Blackers are, unfortunately, unlikely to be attending (mostly because I don't particularly enjoy RP-ing them). I'm currently weighing Danilo & Raych or Florentino & Odile right now, leaning toward the latter. I'm sure with Florentino's attitude and Odile's lack of nouse they'd be able to comfortably drive Edward and Rebecca up the wall though. Razz

Last edited by Alfisti on Mon 16 Mar 2015 - 2:55; edited 1 time in total

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by topgearbrzgt86 on Mon 16 Mar 2015 - 1:01

I'll probably have Frederic/Jim and Jamiebel join in too.

topgearbrzgt86

Male

Forum Posts : 451

Fan of : Top Gear, Initial D, etc.

Original Characters : Jim, Jamiebel, Davina, Bernan, Frédéric. (More to come.)

Comments : You have to leave the space. All the time you have to leave the space!
-Fernando Alonso

Registration date : 2013-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Mon 16 Mar 2015 - 5:59

Since we are excluding cannon characters, which is understandable, however can I make the case for including Tea in this.
crazyidiot78

Male

Forum Posts : 1534

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : none at this time

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Mon 16 Mar 2015 - 6:08

@crazyidiot78 wrote:Since we are excluding cannon characters, which is understandable, however can I make the case for including Tea in this.
You're welcome to bring Tea along if you wish. It's not that canon characters aren't allowed, but they are, at least for now, reserved for those without OCs who may wish to participate. You, for example, would be welcome to pick a canon fratello.

PE and I were in agreement though that we'd prefer to limit canon character involvement for the previously stated reasons, hopefully it'll reduce the number of chances for potentially getting hackles up.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Mon 16 Mar 2015 - 7:19

That's cool and if everyone is game with me bringing Tea along I'm game.  I will be treating her like the prototype cyborg she is in my own works.
crazyidiot78

Male

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Back to top Go down

Post by Vett on Mon 16 Mar 2015 - 10:52

@Alfisti wrote:As much fun as Becca and Monty in one place would be, the Blackers are, unfortunately, unlikely to be attending (mostly because I don't particularly enjoy RP-ing them). I'm currently weighing Danilo & Raych or Florentino & Odile right now, leaning toward the latter. I'm sure with Florentino's attitude and Odile's lack of nouse they'd be able to comfortably drive Edward and Rebecca up the wall though.

Frankly, I suspect that merely what Odile will turn up wearing will be sufficient to drive them both up the wall, though I suppose that the two fratelli could bond over the shared frustration of wasting valuable time. On the other hand, Florentino seems the type to very quickly turn bonding-in-adversity into an elephant-boxing competition.

I'd hope that a camping trip wouldn't require Odile to demonstrate her lack of nouse - but the bar is clearly set very low where that particular quality if concerned. On the positive side of the ledger, at least Odile will actually get help from Rebecca... until her patience runs out.

Vett

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Mon 16 Mar 2015 - 16:38

I haven't been as active as of late as I'd like to be, so I'll throw my hand in to see about burning off this rust. So I'll throw Alpha and Crystal into the mix if you all will have them.

Alpha Intro:

Answering the summons into Director Lorenzo's office, Alpha Lautani takes a seat and moves closer to the good Director's desk.

"Why are we not meeting in class?" Alpha asked.
"We are not in class due to this assignment being more of a task as opposed to an outright mission."
"As such I can turn down this assignment without any contractual penalty."
"That would be the case."
"Will this task involve paid travel?"
"To an extent, yes."
"Very well, what do you have?"
"After the Dolomite escapade and Mr. Blacker's own complaints regarding the...Ur-hmm...takeover of his abode..."
"Mr. Blacker's...complaints..."
"...Yes... Now as I was saying, the Seniors have come to an agreement whereas a certain few could use a bit of, how you say, toughening up."
"As in how?"
"We plan to send these merry few into the wilderness for a certain amount of time."
"How long is a certain amount of time?"
"A few days and nights, four, give or take."
"And why should I go with?"
"Due to your recorded service with us and on top of you being a member of the Swiss Alpine Mountain Patrol as a reserve auxiliary; we see that you have the knowhow it takes in order to be a bit of a guide and assure that ours don't get themselves into a heap of trouble."
"Equipment?"
"...The barest essentials."
"Communication?"
"...Satellite phones, no comm-links allowed."
"What brand?"
"Globalstar."
"....."
"Wouldn't you like to know which model?"
"When it comes to Globalstar, it doesn't matter."
"I see...well what is your answer, will you take on this task or not?"
"There's training exercises and then there's a recipe for disaster. This task seems to be the latter."
"...Your answer?"
"No, I won't be party to you asshats having a gaff at my expense."

Standing up to walk out, the Director continues to address Alpha.

"With or without you this exercise will commence," the Director says with a smirk.

"They'll make it out okay, they're tougher than all that."

Opening the door, Alpha seeks to leave until Director Lorenzo utters his last statement.

"I see here that Kara Michelle Pagani is in this list of mandatory participants."

Freezing in his tracks, Alpha fails to let go of the door handle.

"Doesn't she call you nii-san?" Director Lorenzo asked as he leaned back into his chair. "I believe in one of her native tongues, that comes to mean...big brother..."

Saying nothing in response, Alpha's grip tightens on the door handle causing the wizened bronze to groan under the strain.

Smiling, Director Lorenzo presses his fingertips together, "What is the matter Mr. Lautani? Have you, by chance, had a change of heart?"

"...When do they leave..."

"We'll let you know."

Last edited by boomer_gonz on Mon 16 Mar 2015 - 21:36; edited 1 time in total

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2559

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Mon 16 Mar 2015 - 21:08

Blackmail... works every time. Hold onto that snippet, I'll be setting up an actual running story thread for this at the end of the week.

I think we'd be more than happy to have Alpha and Crystal along.

@Vett wrote:Frankly, I suspect that merely what Odile will turn up wearing will be sufficient to drive them both up the wall, though I suppose that the two fratelli could bond over the shared frustration of wasting valuable time. On the other hand, Florentino seems the type to very quickly turn bonding-in-adversity into an elephant-boxing competition.

I'd hope that a camping trip wouldn't require Odile to demonstrate her lack of nouse - but the bar is clearly set very low where that particular quality if concerned. On the positive side of the ledger, at least Odile will actually get help from Rebecca... until her patience runs out.
I suspect Florentino would be more annoyed over still being stuck in Italy with the plebs... an excuse to put his feet up, that he would probably be fine with.

As to Odile. No, there shouldn't be much (any) opportunity for her to practically demonstrate her lack of spy capability on the trip. That said, I'm sure she'll be perfectly able to open her mouth and put her foot in it. I did start of sketch of what she might be wearing, but other things had to take precedence.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Mon 16 Mar 2015 - 21:11

And now for the Forum's most neglected OC...

Crystal Intro:
(mind in my head she sounds a lot like Ace from Doctor Who sweat )

"Oi!" Crystal piped as she heard of her latest assignment from her handler, Anton. "Whysit, I havta go on a walkabout with the pretties and prims 'Spector?"
"Being assigned to Sicily does not give you a, how you say, proper interaction with the others and it would be good for you to be around girls your own age from time to time."
"I fink they don' like any interaction wif me neither."
"I beg to differ liebchen."
"So, you've gone and forgot what 'appened when I was on board there, yeah?"
"Nein; and to be frank, you did not lend yourself to an agreeable posture either."

Shrugging, Crystal then walks to the refrigerator and pulls out a bottle of cold lager. Using her teeth, Crystal pulls off the cap before spitting it into the sink. Taking a quick swig, she then looks to Anton with a wry smile.

"Now then, does that mean you'll be joining us lot?"
"Nein, I would be out of place. There aren't forests in ze Fatherland."
"Hmm," Crystal says as she takes another swig. "...Wait the fuck, yes there is!"
"Schweigen!!"

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Mon 16 Mar 2015 - 23:49

@crazyidiot78 wrote:That's cool and if everyone is game with me bringing Tea along I'm game.  I will be treating her like the prototype cyborg she is in my own works.

I have no problems with that. Should be a bit of fun with CI's Tea around, actually.

Per Alfi's request, a bit more clarification on the names of my characters with some additional information attached. More is found in my original characters thread, at least for the Rossi fratello.

The Rossi Fratello:

Giancarlo Rossi
 - Age 40
 - Italian-American origin
 - Former NSA employee

Valentina Rossi
 - Gen 2 and Experimental Gen 3 cyborg, electronic warfare specialization
 - Responds to "Tina," but only from Eleonora
 - Age 10
 - Italian origin

Eleonora Rossi
 - Gen 2 cyborg, bodyguard specialization
 - Responds to "Nora" from everyone
 - Age 13
 - Italian origin

The Bernard Fratello:
James Bernard
 - Age 31
 - English origin
 - French Foreign Legion and PMC background

Rachelle
 - Gen 2 cyborg, combat specialization
 - No surname per James
 - Age 15
 - Spanish origin

PSVT

Male

Original Characters : Giancarlo Rossi and his cyborgs Valentina R. and Eleonora R.; James Bernard and his cyborg Rachelle

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Tue 17 Mar 2015 - 7:14

Figured I should put in some information for Tea
Apparent age- 16-17
Actual age 20-21
Prototype cyborg- This means she has Olympic level athletic ability, but doesn't look like it.  Also her senses are the maximum possible seen in humans.
Waist length blond hair in a princess cut
Dark colored eyes.
She is excited to get out of the agency for once even if it is hiking in the woods.
crazyidiot78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Tue 17 Mar 2015 - 16:40

The minibus is already looking pretty crowded; is there room for Kay and Vee and Doc (pre-disability)?
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 1834

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Tue 17 Mar 2015 - 16:53

@Thescarredman wrote:The minibus is already looking pretty crowded; is there room for Kay and Vee and Doc (pre-disability)?
Ferro is still waiting on full numbers, so she'll assign how many buses are needed on Friday. I'm sure it'll be fine. Razz

Last edited by Alfisti on Tue 17 Mar 2015 - 17:21; edited 1 time in total

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 17 Mar 2015 - 17:14

Kara: "Bus?"  *looks to Michele, worried* "I thought we were taking the Audi so we could sleep inside it?"

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PolosElite23 on Tue 17 Mar 2015 - 17:46

@Kiskaloo wrote:Kara: "Bus?"  *looks to Michele, worried* "I thought we were taking the Audi so we could sleep inside it?"
Sierra: Ohoho not a chance Princess. *Grin* we get to spend a whole four nights out in the open air. Just Handlers, Cyborgs and the open air.

Cassie: Yay! Vacation!

----

PolosElite23

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by topgearbrzgt86 on Tue 17 Mar 2015 - 19:47

@Kiskaloo wrote:Kara: "Bus?"  *looks to Michele, worried* "I thought we were taking the Audi so we could sleep inside it?"
Jim: What are you, nuts? It's a camping trip; open air only. Razz

topgearbrzgt86

Male

Forum Posts : 451

Fan of : Top Gear, Initial D, etc.

Original Characters : Jim, Jamiebel, Davina, Bernan, Frédéric. (More to come.)

Comments : You have to leave the space. All the time you have to leave the space!
-Fernando Alonso

Registration date : 2013-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Tue 17 Mar 2015 - 20:25

@Alfisti wrote:
@Thescarredman wrote:The minibus is already looking pretty crowded; is there room for Kay and Vee and Doc (pre-disability)?
Ferro is still waiting on full numbers, so she'll assign how many buses are needed on Friday. I'm sure it'll be fine. Razz

Excellent. No doubt Kristal is looking forward to playing social director. Verotrois will have all the other cyborgs demanding to sleep in their handlers' tents. And Doc, in search of peace and quiet, will have the girls pitch tents out of sight of the others if possible.
Thescarredman

Male

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Tue 17 Mar 2015 - 21:55

@Thescarredman wrote:Verotrois will have all the other cyborgs demanding to sleep in their handlers' tents.

Valentina snuck a glance at Eleonora before looking askance, opposite the general direction of all the other cyborgs pitching their tents, with a look of disappointment scrawled across her face.

"So... I, um... I thought we already were going to be sleeping in Papa's tent tonight. Right? T-this doesn't make any sense."

Eleonora couldn't resist grinning at the thought.

"Sorry, poor Tina. I guess it means you're just going to have to get to know the other girls a little bit better now."

"Hmm..."  However, disappointment swiftly morphed into contemplation. The wry smirk she turned to Eleonora soon revealed just what thought had struck her mind. "But then you wouldn't be able to watch over Papa all night like you normally do. Isn't that right."

In an instant the grin disappeared from her lips. Though a stiff breeze had whipped between the trees to push cool, dry air across Eleonora's skin, it didn't fully explain her sudden shivering. Nor could it account for the nervous chuckle that followed soon thereafter.

"Well... t-they never actually said our tent had to be all that far away from his..."

PSVT

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Tue 17 Mar 2015 - 22:16

Alpha(while helping Kara shop for suitable camping gear): Sorry Nee-chan, but it looks like Ferro and the Director insist on a genuine survivalist experience. I think the best we can hope for are these. Now try on these hiking shoes to see how comfortable they feel.

Kara: But Nii-san, they're so...so...brown.

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Wed 18 Mar 2015 - 2:47

@boomer_gonz wrote:Alpha(while helping Kara shop for suitable camping gear): Sorry Nee-chan, but it looks like Ferro and the Director insist on a genuine survivalist experience. I think the best we can hope for are these. Now try on these hiking shoes to see how comfortable they feel.

Monty: *deadpan* We'll spray-paint the soles red for you.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Wed 18 Mar 2015 - 3:39

"I thought this trip was for handlers and cyborgs only," Alpha asked passing by the room on the agency's only onsite maid.

"Lorenzo barely lets me off campus as is and there is no way I am going to miss this," Tea replied stuffing a brown bag into her backpack.

"Miss what, a few days roughing it through the foods, shivering around a camp fire, no modern conveniences," Alpha replied.  Ugh, she has no idea what she is in for and she isn't a cyborg.  Ugh.... this just keeps getting worse.

"Opportunity, I love my little sisters, but they are working me to the bone.  Seriously they have no idea what I do around here," Tea replied.  "Tea, could you help me out I have a mission and its laundry day, or it's my handlers brothers cousins, birthday and I need to make him something, Tea I need you to do this school work for me, or god forbid they clean up one of their own mistakes.  And do I get anything out of it, no.  Kara gets designer clothing, Alison gets a car, and what do I get, maid uniforms.  I'm a young delicate flower waiting to blossom, not a dowdy old maid.  So there is no way in hell I am going to miss this." Tea ranted.

"Ok........." Alpha replied beating a hasty retreat.
crazyidiot78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Wed 18 Mar 2015 - 10:08

Bearing the past the Elfen and I have concocted for Alpha and Tea's past; he would need to. Razz

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 18 Mar 2015 - 10:52

Kara doesn't mind the open air.

It's the open access for spiders that worries her. Wink

She'll have to choose some type of "mummy bag", probably...

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Wed 18 Mar 2015 - 11:12

Kara: Michele! Oni-san! Look at me, I'm warm and comfy. Michele, get in here with me.

Michele: I don't believe so.

Kara: Oni-san!

Alpha: That won't fit two Kara.

Kara: Can we get one that will fit two?

Alpha and Michele: No.

Kara:
--------------

Speaking of spiders, that reminds me. Are there going to be any firearms rules or restrictions?

Given the nature of our (mostly) indoor squad not being familiar with the creepy crawlies of nature; some might get just a little trigger happy and thus a few might be in order.

EDIT: And one more ting!!

-@Kisk
If I recall, Kara has a habit of grabbing onto things and or people in her sleep. Might that make for her rolling around in her tent trying to grab for something/someone should she use a mummy bag?

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 18 Mar 2015 - 12:38

@boomer_gonz wrote:-@Kisk
If I recall, Kara has a habit of grabbing onto things and or people in her sleep. Might that make for her rolling around in her tent trying to grab for something/someone should she use a mummy bag?

She normally sleeps with a large (one meter-plus long) plush Collie dog and I imagine she'll be bringing it with her.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Wed 18 Mar 2015 - 13:24

Question: Once this gets rolling, will there be a separate thread for the posts, or will we do it all right here? And if so, will comments be limited once the curtain goes up?
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Wed 18 Mar 2015 - 13:26

@Alfisti wrote:
@boomer_gonz wrote:Alpha(while helping Kara shop for suitable camping gear): Sorry Nee-chan, but it looks like Ferro and the Director insist on a genuine survivalist experience. I think the best we can hope for are these. Now try on these hiking shoes to see how comfortable they feel.

Monty: *deadpan* We'll spray-paint the soles red for you.

(After having completely misread the post the first time... sweat)

That's still not all that much of a survivalist experience. In fact, I'd think that's pretty much swank comfort instead of "roughing it" to have an RV at site. Especially one that long.

Unless, of course, the Agency only brings one and forces everyone to share.

Last edited by PSVT on Wed 18 Mar 2015 - 20:09; edited 1 time in total

PSVT

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 18 Mar 2015 - 14:03

@Thescarredman wrote:Question: Once this gets rolling, will there be a separate thread for the posts, or will we do it all right here? And if so, will comments be limited once the curtain goes up?

Alfisti previously noted he would create a formal thread in the Collaborative Stories forum when he was ready to kick it off.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PolosElite23 on Wed 18 Mar 2015 - 14:09

We're giving it a week so people can become aware and join us. Alfisti will be putting the OP together and then I'll take over "moderating" for the most part.

----

PolosElite23

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Wed 18 Mar 2015 - 21:13

@Thescarredman wrote:Question: Once this gets rolling, will there be a separate thread for the posts, or will we do it all right here? And if so, will comments be limited once the curtain goes up?
Ok, to clarify on timeline and methodology: there will be a separate thread started once this actually goes live. At the moment my intention is to throw that up sometime Saturday, my time... which I believe should make it late Friday or early Saturday morning Stateside? Once that happens, this existing thread will become somewhere for general comments/discussion and holding information.

For the record, the live thread is currently slated to commence at disembarking buses at the Random-non-Defined-Italian National Park.

@boomer_gonz wrote:Speaking of spiders, that reminds me. Are there going to be any firearms rules or restrictions?

Given the nature of our (mostly) indoor squad not being familiar with the creepy crawlies of nature; some might get just a little trigger happy and thus a few might be in order.
Firearms are discouraged on this trip by the SWA leadership and, if brought, it is expected they be limited to sidearms only. Ultimately however, whether they are brought or not is handler's (or equivalent) discretion.

Keep in mind also that everything must be carried in on someone's back, and that any firearm must also be concealed as tenters will potentially find themselves in the public eye.

"Standing orders" will be updated accordingly.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Fri 20 Mar 2015 - 1:13

So should we post equipment lists now or wait for the starter?

Also about what season of the year is this excursion taking place?

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 20 Mar 2015 - 1:37

@boomer_gonz wrote:So should we post equipment lists now or wait for the starter?

Also about what season of the year is this excursion taking place?
To answer in reverse order: the trip itself is slated for early to mid-autumn... which is to say warm enough still for comfortable days (and that folks won't freeze solid if, say, dumped in water), but cool enough at night to properly enjoy a camp fire.

That said: I'd recommend holding fire and waiting for the starter before posting equipment lists, as the basics of when/where/who/what/how will be covered in the opening post...

Also, if you post now, we're holding you to what is on that list, whether it be appropriate or not, and at least one of the two pseudo-DMs is an arsehole... just saying. Razz

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Fri 20 Mar 2015 - 3:14

LOLZ!!

Roger that!

I'll just note down my usual camping loadout in NP and change it accordingly after the starter launches before posting. Very Happy.

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Fri 20 Mar 2015 - 17:37

Three ladies wait outside a locked dorm door with packed backpacks at their sides, as a 70+ year old African American approaches them.

"He's not out of bed yet?"

"Well, you know Leon, if its not 10AM, he's not awake yet."

"Excuse me then. Juanita, the VW Camper is waiting for you girls downstairs. You know the rules, when you get there, ditch it in the parking lot and heft everything to the site." Leon tells her as he hands her a set of VW vehicle keys. He waits for them to walk away down the stairs before kicking in and the door and blowing a bugle into the room, its occupant shoots up out of the bed and hangs on to the ceiling with his finger and toe nails! "WAKE UP SOLDIER! THIS MISSION WAS TO START AT OH-SIX-HUNDRED AND YOU STILL SNOOZING IT WITH DAISIES!!! YOU NEED TO GET READY, BOY!!! THIS IS NOT A GAME!!! NOW GET OFF THAT CEILING AND GET READY!!! YOU'RE THREE HOURS LATE!!!"

"LEON! I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!!!" the room's occupant yells at him.

"Never Mind, That Fernando! Now Get Dressed, The Girls Are Waiting Downstairs In The VW Camper I Brought In From The Bronx, Now, Where's Meeshie?!!" Leon tells him loudly.

"Probably under the bed scared 1/2 to death!" Fernando complains.

"I'll take care of her while you're gone. Now hurry up, you're late!"

"Gee-Sus! I swear! Let me climb down from the ceiling first!" Fernando tells him.

- - - - -

1/2 hour, Fernando makes it to the VW Camper with the girls already preparing lunch.

"Oh shut up and hand me the coffee..." He tells them.

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5676

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Fri 20 Mar 2015 - 17:40

This is going to be hilarious.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 21 Mar 2015 - 3:12

Ok lads, lasses, and anyone inbetween, grab your kit...

...the All SWA Teambuilding Camping Trip  RP thread is now live. This one will be left up for out of context discussion, for people to plan on, or late arrivals to sign up to. The top post will be updated accordingly if new people turn up, or if rules etc. need changing/modifying.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Sat 21 Mar 2015 - 3:20

And may I say.....DAMN!!

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 21 Mar 2015 - 3:22

Odile is... not cut for camping.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Sat 21 Mar 2015 - 3:38

Is interaction with other participant's OC's allowed?

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 21 Mar 2015 - 3:42

@boomer_gonz wrote:Is interaction with other participant's OC's allowed?
Encouraged, actually... just make sure whoever's OCs you're interacting with is okay with how you're using them.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Sat 21 Mar 2015 - 3:44

Okies.

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vett on Sat 21 Mar 2015 - 6:02

@Alfisti wrote:Ok lads, lasses, and anyone inbetween, grab your kit...

Never mind ending well, this isn't even starting tolerably.

I feel vaguely sorry for Odile because her Handler is clearly a self-centred arse, but... really?

(Side note: it's interesting to compare how Odile is showing up to how Raych would for the same trip, and what it says about their handlers, particularly given that they seem to be designed to press similar buttons for the reader - even if Odile is filtered through Monty's scorn).

Vett

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 21 Mar 2015 - 7:04

@Alfisti wrote:Odile is... not cut for camping.

More like not built for camping... Incoming!

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 21 Mar 2015 - 7:16

@Vett wrote:Side note: it's interesting to compare how Odile is showing up to how Raych would for the same trip, and what it says about their handlers...
Raych would at least have turned up with sensible, high quality, equipment for starters...

@Kiskaloo wrote:More like not built for camping... 
Touché.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum