The All-SWA-Teambuilding-Camping-Trip...

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The All-SWA-Teambuilding-Camping-Trip...

Post by Alfisti on Fri 19 Jun 2015 - 9:35

@Vett wrote:Sorry for dropping completely off the grid for two months (and it was clearly a busy two months: I've had over 350 notifications to read through).

Now that the exams are dealt with, I'm back. To that end:

Am I right in thinking that we're now evening day 2, with the ghost story imminent and the scavenger hunt is on the cards for day 3?

Depending upon what TSM's got planned in terms of posting schedules, I'll either have them turn-up part way through the ghost story or after it finishes.

@Alfisti/Polo

Can I borrow either Salles, Florentino or Donald (or whichever of Polo's Fratelli is with the sat-phone) to pass on an urgent recall message to give my characters a reason to disappear for a while?
It is indeed the evening of the second day, with activities planned as you noted.

Regarding the recall, I'd say that's be a Salles thing to handle. He would likely be the point of contact for any inbound messages from the SWA.

That said, it's something I'd prefer not to make a habit of, and if you could run the post in question by us first if you're going to use him that would be good.

For the record, the other sat-phone equipped people are Alpha (Boomer) and James (PSVT), but those are for outbound emergency calls.

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5716

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Vett on Fri 19 Jun 2015 - 11:36

Having stopped and thought about it a little more, we're still on the evening of day two, so there's nothing stopping them having simply having got up really early and having been out all day, which would avoid the necessity of using Salles.

Doesn't change much, aside from no-longer needing to edit my last post.

Vett

Forum Posts : 195

Registration date : 2012-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Tue 23 Jun 2015 - 19:59

@CI, Vett, TSM, Polos, and Boomer: The scavenger hunt is on.

PSVT

Forum Posts : 481

Registration date : 2014-05-27
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 24 Jun 2015 - 18:53

So you're going to be posting the Ghost Story in segments, TSM?

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10884

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Wed 24 Jun 2015 - 19:54

That's the plan. I'd like to break it at points that other writers might like to jump in. If nobody wants to, I'll continue after a day.

Thescarredman

Forum Posts : 1792

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Wed 24 Jun 2015 - 20:49

I added a bit more to the missing Cassie section at the end of the ghost story.

PSVT

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Thu 25 Jun 2015 - 13:16

Kara: Next time we go on one of these little outings, we're bringing this one:

Thescarredman

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Sat 27 Jun 2015 - 16:02

Just posted the last bit of Doc's narrative. Since the rest of the material largely belongs to other authors, I'll let them do the posting, at least until the hunt for Cassie is well begun.

Great work, guys. Collabs are a lot more fun when everybody's communicating, sharing, and working together. Can't wait to see what we collectively come up with next.

Thescarredman

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Thu 9 Jul 2015 - 4:33

So, as a question: where is everyone at with this? I know there was talk of a lost cyborg after the story... was that still going ahead? If so, what's the current situation? If not, it might be time to start wrapping up this day and getting ready for the next.

I'd ask again that, if you have anything going elsewhere that the group can get involved in, to communicate your intentions on this thread. If nothing else it gives those not directly, or originally planning to be, involved in a group event the chance to respond if they see an interesting opening. While the initial pitch may not appeal to someone, something that happens during planning or implementation just might spark ideas. Working on the pad is all very well, but we're not all checking that, particularly if we're not specifically attached to one of the "RPs within an RP" (RP-ception), nor are we notified when things change on it.

On a final note, as a sort of interim thought: keep in mind when writing that you're not just writing for your own characters, but also to provide stimulus for those others involved in the RP. In that vein, think about organising thing such that others may be able to pick up and run with or bounce off (though, of course, if you're going to directly involve another character, tee it up with their creator first) an action or interpretation thereof. Conversely, when you're reading through others' posts, have a think about what can be used.

Alfisti

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Fri 10 Jul 2015 - 18:39

Well said, Alf. This is a team-building exercise for us as well, right? We should communicate and inspire one another.

The 'Hunt for Cassie' scenario is Polo's, but I've been out of touch for the past week, so I don't know if there's any progress. The 'Scavenger Hunt' is in process, and has at least two completed scenes ready for post at the proper time: a predawn meeting between James and Kristal (me and PSVT), and just after, a bit of flirting between Alpha and Verotrois (me and Boomer).
Thescarredman

Male

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 10 Jul 2015 - 19:58

Just added a post for the "Hunt for Cassie" since we need to conclude that before we all head to bed and reset for the morning and the Scavenger Hunt.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 10 Jul 2015 - 22:56

Awesome, Kisk, and TSM.

So, other than the hunt for Cassie, was there anything else planned for the night? If not, we might look to closing out the night once that is concluded. 

Boomer and I have a bit planned for Odile and Crystal, but that can happen any time between now and dawn. Having been banned from leaving the campsite though, the former will not be joining the hunt. Nor will Florentino, who has probably dropped off the radar again.

That said, is there anything needed from the non-participants to help the Cassie hunt story along? Us cleared out of certain areas, etc? Or a direction to walk to stumble upon her?

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Sun 12 Jul 2015 - 20:25

I have no outstanding plans for either fratello of mine after the search for Cassie.

From conversations with Polos over Skype, I think the general idea is that Cassie merely went off for the latrine during Doc's story. While everyone is off looking for her for an indeterminate amount of time, Cassie returns to the campsite to find everyone has left. So, she just wonders off to her tent to sleep while handlers and cyborgs engage in a fruitless search through much of the night, tiring themselves out. Then morning arrives to find the group surprised (and a little miffed) to see Cassie right there. Anyway, that was Polos's idea when we last talked about it (June 24).

The perfect might be the enemy of the good. Then again, so is the mediocre.
PSVT

Male

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : Giancarlo Rossi and his cyborgs Valentina R. and Eleonora R.; James Bernard and his cyborg Rachelle

Comments : Working on an actual story now, so please be patient... ^_^;

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 12 Jul 2015 - 22:13

@PSVT wrote:I have no outstanding plans for either fratello of mine after the search for Cassie.

From conversations with Polos over Skype, I think the general idea is that Cassie merely went off for the latrine during Doc's story. While everyone is off looking for her for an indeterminate amount of time, Cassie returns to the campsite to find everyone has left. So, she just wonders off to her tent to sleep while handlers and cyborgs engage in a fruitless search through much of the night, tiring themselves out. Then morning arrives to find the group surprised (and a little miffed) to see Cassie right there. Anyway, that was Polos's idea when we last talked about it (June 24).

In that case, might I suggest that she use the old latrine? I could see nobody thinking of checking the old one now that the new one is ready.

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Sun 12 Jul 2015 - 23:08

Sounds plausible to me.

Just gotta see about that private convo between Odile and Crystal with Alfisti.

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2561

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Mon 13 Jul 2015 - 19:45

So how involved are we planning? Something that goes on for a bit of time, or something short and humorous like everyone assembles in teams, the teams set off and a couple of minutes later Cassie shows up, asking where everyone went (giving time to quickly recall everyone).

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Mon 13 Jul 2015 - 20:39

I'm thinking of--and going for--short and humorous, personally. I don't think I'll have too many posts involved with the search.

Though, I'm not too sure with the idea of a quick recall, if that's even possible (no radios; communication very limited otherwise). The only way someone would even know that Cassie returned would be if someone stayed behind, and that would potentially detract from the humor if we try to stick with Polos's original plan.

I guess we'll see how it all unfolds.

PSVT

Male

Original Characters : Giancarlo Rossi and his cyborgs Valentina R. and Eleonora R.; James Bernard and his cyborg Rachelle

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Tue 14 Jul 2015 - 14:52

I'm thinking of a series of 'ships in the night' posts: Cassie leaving a spot just before it's checked, or she and a searcher almost-meeting as they pass on opposite sides of a large tree; finally returning to the dying fire just moments after the last stay-behind has turned in for the night.
Thescarredman

Male

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 8 Aug 2015 - 17:38

Threw up a post of Florentino encountering Cassie on the path to the latrine. Note he has no idea that she's considered missing, or that there's a search on. He is, however available for questioning should people so wish.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Sun 9 Aug 2015 - 18:42

Oh, excellent.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by PolosElite23 on Sun 9 Aug 2015 - 22:54

ATM I'm a bit swamped (college move in, athletic training camp, etc etc).

SO for this whole thing here is the basic idea as explained to Alfisti:

@PolosElite23 wrote:"Anyway, general idea is that they will all go on a search, and turn up nothing. The return to find a certain someone sitting at the fire....wondering where everyone went. Originally was thinking everyone could go to bed and then Cassie turns up at breakfast unaware, but the fire one would wrap stuff up sooner."

To achieve this, I'm not going to be able to take such an active role as I planned (life sucks lol). However, as you can see with Alf's post, he wrote her in. As long as I see the post before hand and can change any Cassie related actions/dialogue/etc to fit the character, feel free to use Cassie as a means of forwarding the RP.

I stress that you consult me before posting anything containing Cassie in it. If you do write a snippet with Cassie in it, for whatever reason, for this scene sequence. Please just send me a quick picture of the text or PM me or something. That way I can make sure its "Cassie" not some girl by the same name.

Okay?

Very Happy

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
----
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.

-Stanzas 2+4 of Invictus by William Earnest Henley
PolosElite23

Male

Forum Posts : 901

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire, and Angelica

Original Characters : Various

Comments : Call me PolosElite23...If that's too long for you try one of the following:
Pez PE23
PE Polo
Polos

Registration date : 2013-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Mon 10 Aug 2015 - 15:15

Fine by me. If it's a snippet, you'll see it first. If it's longer than a couple of paragraphs, I'll turn it over to you for final edit and posting under your name. It's your character, after all.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Mon 10 Aug 2015 - 23:55

Things are a little crazy on my end since I've been preparing to start Uni. TSM, I will try to get back on track with our collaborative post as soon as I can. This is the primary reason I haven't posted in a while.

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Tue 11 Aug 2015 - 21:44

My posting frequency in the near future will be pretty low due to me being busy preparing presentations and job interviews and the like. I plan on writing one other post on the Cassie search, ideally near the end of the whole thing after she has been found. What happens after that, I guess we'll see. I do have some idea of how Cassie could inadvertently avoid her searchers, mainly due to untimely distraction, but how much I'll be able to elaborate on that right now is a definite question.

PSVT

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 14 Aug 2015 - 22:06

People are free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I get the impression we're all a little at a loose end with the hunt for Cassie right now. Did anyone have ideas or, if not, would be we better of wrapping it up and moving things on to the next morning, breakfast, and the scavenger hunt?

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 15 Aug 2015 - 8:57

I think we had an idea of what was going to happen, but no real ideaon how to execute it.

So maybe we should wrap it up and get ready to move forward?

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Sat 15 Aug 2015 - 17:37

Who all is participating in the search, and where are they searching? I know Michele and his group are walking a trail, but where are they going? I imagine it's not the old latrine, because that's where Cassie is, but is that actually the case? I might just go ahead and do this myself, this weekend if I can pull it off, but my idea is to have some extraneous sound or sight distract Cassie and pull her off the path before searchers on the same path can find her. The fact Cassie is a young and probably very curious helps matters. Indeed, it's probably better to do this myself as Giancarlo and his girls aren't very good at the whole search-and-rescue thing. They would have a lower chance of spotting Cassie than anyone else.

And, if all else fails, I could probably pull Drago (Valentina's favorite slightly anthropomorphic bird... Razz) into this.

But, yeah, overall, I think we're far closer to the end of this mini-arc than the start, for what it's worth.

PSVT

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 15 Aug 2015 - 18:08

I can have Michele and company head to the new latrine and, not finding her, head back to the camp. I'll post that shortly.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Thu 20 Aug 2015 - 23:37

All right, I can take a hint. I had this on hold while I was on vacation, but if folks are getting that eager to move on, I'll pick up my feet and move the story forward.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Sat 22 Aug 2015 - 0:01

New post from me should come soon, pending what Polos thinks of my handling of Cassie.

EDIT 08-23-2015: Done and posted.

PSVT

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Wed 2 Sep 2015 - 6:15

So, Cassie's headed back to her tent, and Kisk has sent his crowd to bed. Did anyone have more for the Cassie hunt? Or are we calling it a night there, perhaps open the next morning with a "you've got to be kidding" line.

For that matter, was there anything anyone else wanted to get done this night?

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Wed 2 Sep 2015 - 8:11

I've been busy with schoolwork, but I really did want to continue on a collaboration with TSM, primarily in order for his twins to... I would say continue or initiate conversation with my characters, at least that was going to be the meat of the post. I'm trying to find time to get it knocked out, but unfortunately my major assigns a lot of homework at once, often due the next day.

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Wed 2 Sep 2015 - 19:33

Yeah, MP5 and I had thought the search would be an opportunity for the twins to pair off - Kay and Andy on the search, and Vee and Charlie at the campfire before Cassie returns. But we're not making much forward progress on it, and I know some of the other guys have next-day posts lined up and waiting. I suggest, MP, that we either reserve a slot or just plan some other time for the interactions to happen, and let the others get on with their stories.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Wed 2 Sep 2015 - 21:15

At most I could write one final post on the Cassie search from the Rossi fratello perspective, a sort of "how would Valentina react" piece on seeing the missing girl be not-so missing anymore. But, it's not obligatory, at least not to the point of holding up progress on the rest of the RP. If need be I could either reserve a space or append the piece to the end of my most recent post. I highly doubt I would need much space for it anyway.

PSVT

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Wed 2 Sep 2015 - 21:39

@Thescarredman wrote:Yeah, MP5 and I had thought the search would be an opportunity for the twins to pair off - Kay and Andy on the search, and Vee and Charlie at the campfire before Cassie returns. But we're not making much forward progress on it, and I know some of the other guys have next-day posts lined up and waiting. I suggest, MP, that we either reserve a slot or just plan some other time for the interactions to happen, and let the others get on with their stories.
All right, I'll go and reserve that spot now.

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Thu 3 Sep 2015 - 3:20

Those with stuff pending for the night then: do you have any idea regards what sort of timeframes you would be looking at? I'll need time to do up some variety of "good morning" post anyway, so if you only need a few more days, call it mid-next week, it'll be easy enough to hold fire until then. Obviously it's a bit of a juggle between wanting to keep things rolling, and not wanting components to lag too far behind, particularly if those involved are also slated to be involved in the ongoing story.

Either way, let me know.

As an aside: if you're having trouble finding time to work on it, perhaps find a format of working which does not require aligning schedules/big stints thrown at it? I know when Boomer and I have been collaborating we've often wound up doing a line each a day on the pad (thank busy schedules and living in opposite timezones), which only requires five to ten minutes at a stint... then just leave it open and look at it again when you get a few moments. It's slow, but better than nothing.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Thu 3 Sep 2015 - 8:17

TSM and I aren't always in positions to work on a pad simultaneously, so we are doing the small segments at a time method on a pad. Mid-week deadline of sorts sounds pretty reasonable, and I should be able to keep making progress these next few nights.

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 4 Sep 2015 - 2:45

Righto. Barring anyone else having somethig to add, I'll aim for about a Thursday up (my time) for the "next morning" post then. Worst comes to worst you do still have that slot reserved as well.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Tue 8 Sep 2015 - 23:30

@PSVT wrote:I highly doubt I would need much space for it anyway.

One thousand fifty-five words. Way to prove myself a liar... sweat

Anyway, the search for Cassie is done now as far as I'm concerned. All that's remaining in this RP night is TSM's and MP5's collab post in the reserved spot. I think we can move forward now.

PSVT

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Wed 9 Sep 2015 - 2:47

@PSVT wrote:Anyway, the search for Cassie is done now as far as I'm concerned. All that's remaining in this RP night is TSM's and MP5's collab post in the reserved spot. I think we can move forward now.

I believe we can.

Fair warning then for anyone else who missed the last conversation but still had something for the night: I'll be putting up the "next morning" post about this time tomorrow (barring real life or technology getting in the way). So, between now and then, if there was still something you wanted to do, either throw it up or reserve a spot.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Thu 10 Sep 2015 - 3:40

Alright, post is up. In the words of Dr. Horrible (Ph.D in Horribleness): it's a brand new day.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Thu 10 Sep 2015 - 14:12

@Alfisti wrote:Alright, post is up. In the words of Dr. Horrible (Ph.D in Horribleness): it's a brand new day.

I thought they were the words of Viggo Mortensen, the calculatedly-cruel DI in 'GI Jane'.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Thu 10 Sep 2015 - 18:34

Indeed! And first post of the Scavenger Hunt is up as well. There is a link to a pad that gives more information and allows for some collaborative efforts should the need arise. But it's not obligatory to use that pad if you have some other system.

Story wise, I intend for James to lead the group on a short trek to the start point, but otherwise stay behind for the hunt proper. He'll be there to check the items returned to that point. The point is, whatever happens outside of James's view is purely up to you guys, so I hope you try to make the most of it.

Participants

PSVT (Me): James and Rachelle
crazyidiot78: Tea
Vett: Edward and Rebecca
Thescarredman: Kristal
PolosElite23: Cassie, Sierra
boomer_gonz: Crystal
Kiskaloo: Michele, Kara, and Claes

...and anyone else who wants to join in.

---

The Scavenger Hunt Pad

Last edited by PSVT on Mon 28 Dec 2015 - 12:41; edited 2 times in total

PSVT

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 11 Sep 2015 - 8:50

@Thescarredman wrote:
@Alfisti wrote:Alright, post is up. In the words of Dr. Horrible (Ph.D in Horribleness): it's a brand new day.

I thought they were the words of Viggo Mortensen, the calculatedly-cruel DI in 'GI Jane'.
Could be that too.

I like the musical version though.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Fri 11 Sep 2015 - 10:40

@Alfisti wrote:
@Thescarredman wrote:

Could be that too.

I like the musical version though.
Viggo does musicals?

o.0

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Fri 11 Sep 2015 - 17:53

You didn't hear him sing in LOTR? Soulful.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Tue 15 Sep 2015 - 17:13

So Michele and company are joining in on the scavenger hunt as well. Should be great fun then. Laughing

As things stand, James is waiting for everyone at his tent, of course, to leave at 7 AM for the start point/item return point. I wonder which characters will arrive on time and if any arrive late (given that it is a question weighing on James's mind currently).

Also we will have to figure out how we're going to write the upcoming scenes, whether it's a large collaboration or individual parts joined together. Personally I don't have any major plans for James during the short trek beyond conversation with the participants, though given his personality it should be interesting in its own right. Rachelle will be joining him, of course, assuming she's not waiting on stragglers. Either way, I guess we'll see how things progress from there.

PSVT

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Wed 16 Sep 2015 - 0:36

I've got it figured that Crystal will be showing up at pretty much the nick of time with nothing more than a water bottle and her pockets stuffed with meal bars.

As for Alpha...with a good portion of the camp gone, he'll figure he won't have to share and run back to his tree to grab a pan and something special...

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Wed 16 Sep 2015 - 17:29

That's a far cry from homemade survival food...
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 3:05

It is indeed...

@PSVT wrote:Also we will have to figure out how we're going to write the upcoming scenes, whether it's a large collaboration or individual parts joined together.
Did you intend on having everyone go as a big group? Or let them split off in smaller groups or individually as they see fit? I can't help but think trying to do a single large group might be, unwieldy, from a purely technical/managerial perspective. Maybe get everyone together for a briefing, then split off (set up smaller group pads, etc) as seems to best serve telling the story?

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 16:38

@Alfisti wrote:Did you intend on having everyone go as a big group? Or let them split off in smaller groups or individually as they see fit? I can't help but think trying to do a single large group might be, unwieldy, from a purely technical/managerial perspective. Maybe get everyone together for a briefing, then split off (set up smaller group pads, etc) as seems to best serve telling the story?

Seeing the issues we have with collaborations between just two people, I don't think trying to get up to six people collaborating simultaneously is a good idea. Indeed, I actually prefer quite strongly you guys here having your characters go to the start point in separate groups. That way, it will allow you to write on their own time. Also, it would allow me to investigate James's reaction upon seeing most of the hunting party defy his strict 7 AM meet-at-his-tent time.

Beyond that, I'm not too concerned with James, as he's intended to be in the background for the most part here, but with Rachelle and her interactions with the other characters. I figure I could have Rachelle wait at the tent and tell your characters where the start point is on the map as they eventually arrive. The sticking point is how to coordinate even that much. Given that Rachelle has not spoken with anyone else during this RP apart from James, I will necessarily want to write any dialogue involving her. (In other words, I'm being selfish with her, but mainly because she's new. There are still parts of her personality I've yet to fully establish, so anyone else trying to write her would have a difficult time of it.) Of course, that means a collaboration, which is easier to do one-on-one. The other option would be to refer to the conversation indirectly, though that deprives the interaction of some crucial context. On the other hand, it may be easier to gain this context globally through even just a single detailed conversation with Rachelle. I guess we'll figure this all out when we get there.

----

For the hunt itself, I plan on having you all do the heavy lifting, so whether that means one big party or multiple parties going independently will be up to you. I only ask a few things:

First, that you guys don't break the scavenger hunt by having things appear with magical ease--it's supposed to be difficult, after all. If you plan on looking for the stones Rachelle hid, they're supposed to be especially hard to spot, though not impossible. You should be able to find some, but likely not all twenty.

Second, that you keep in mind that Rachelle will be around for interaction and possible conversation. Not just that, but it potentially will be without the leash of her supplemental conditioning. So please don't completely forget about her.

Third, even if we're not doing full-on collaborations, that we at least try for a little bit of coordination between individual stories. It wouldn't make sense for two groups to be going the exact same way by accident, and yet describe completely different things. Conversely, you could have two independent groups find the same item and simultaneously attempt to return it to James. The point is, try not to leave each other (and myself) completely in the dark.

Fourth, and most important, have fun. Don't break the hunt, but have fun. This isn't supposed to be super serious. Maybe ironic given that it involves James and Rachelle, but that's kinda the point. Keep in mind that some, er, abnormal things have happened before, so don't be afraid to continue on that tradition. Wink

On a side note, my other group (the Rossi fratello) will be trekking about in the general area as well. They should be somewhat out of the way of the others but close enough to change things from time to time.

PSVT

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Mon 28 Sep 2015 - 7:44

I know I've been out of the game for a while, but I wanted to use this to get back in the game.

Unlike some of her sisters, Tea normally slept like a rock.  Just about the only thing that could wake her up when she didn’t want to get up, was one of Beatrice’s surprises.  The jury was still out on whether it was something from her pre cyborg days, or a quirk of her cyborization process.  Alpha and some of the people in the know so to speak wondered if it was just the fact that anything short of an armored battalion was no threat to the girl.
            All of this did not mean that Tea was a late sleeper, no she was up with the sun already cooking breakfast for who ever wanted it.  Of course many did once they smelled, bacon, eggs, and coffee.

“Hiking is fun, hiking with Alpha is even better, hehehehe,” Tea giggled.  “I wonder what they have planned for today.  I know this isn’t a normal hike, wasn’t it a scavenger hunt or something.  They can hide it as much as they want, but with you two we can find anything right.” Tea cheered giving her new pets a pat on the head and a large helping of meat.  The other cyborgs owed and awed at the cute “doggies” while the handlers dreaded having to explain things to Tea.
crazyidiot78

Male

Forum Posts : 1534

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : none at this time

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Mon 28 Sep 2015 - 19:50

As over-the-top as always, Crazy. Run with it.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Tue 29 Sep 2015 - 4:25

Second TSM.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Wed 30 Sep 2015 - 22:42

Pretty good stuff, CI. Welcome back to the RP fold!

PSVT

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Fri 2 Oct 2015 - 17:59

....And the Scavenger Hunt is off to a brisk start. In case not everyone has figured it out, Kristal will be deliberately late so that she can talk to Rachelle sans James.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Fri 2 Oct 2015 - 19:00

I figured as much, TSM. Just be prepared for a not-so-pliant Rachelle at first. After all, she's still on the red pill at that time. Fortunately the effects diminish rather linearly, but maybe for the first hour or two you won't get too much from her.

And, of course, I'll be (somewhat) available on the pad for a collab, pending moving and work.

On a slightly related note, chances of Vett and Polos making the scavenger hunt?

PSVT

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Vett on Sat 3 Oct 2015 - 5:31

I think the most sensible thing for me to do at this point is formally withdraw from the RP.

Based on the last six months, I can't see me managing to be any more reliable going forward in the immediate future

I had thought I'd had them both called back to Rome, but I can't see that post. Either way, I'll either find it or tidy-up my last one to make it so.

Vett

Male

Forum Posts : 195

Fan of : Triella, Henrietta

Original Characters : Rebecca/Edward

Comments :

Registration date : 2012-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Sat 3 Oct 2015 - 9:38

@Vett wrote:I think the most sensible thing for me to do at this point is formally withdraw from the RP.

Based on the last six months, I can't see me managing to be any more reliable going forward in the immediate future

I had thought I'd had them both called back to Rome, but I can't see that post. Either way, I'll either find it or tidy-up my last one to make it so.

I can't recall who else has a satellite phone, but if'n you want; you can have Edward and Rebecca meet with the Scavenger Hunt crew only to have Alpha emerging from the forest with satellite phone in hand and handing it over to Edward saying only "You're on."

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum