The All-SWA-Teambuilding-Camping-Trip...

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The All-SWA-Teambuilding-Camping-Trip...

Post by PSVT on Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 16:38

@Alfisti wrote:Did you intend on having everyone go as a big group? Or let them split off in smaller groups or individually as they see fit? I can't help but think trying to do a single large group might be, unwieldy, from a purely technical/managerial perspective. Maybe get everyone together for a briefing, then split off (set up smaller group pads, etc) as seems to best serve telling the story?

Seeing the issues we have with collaborations between just two people, I don't think trying to get up to six people collaborating simultaneously is a good idea. Indeed, I actually prefer quite strongly you guys here having your characters go to the start point in separate groups. That way, it will allow you to write on their own time. Also, it would allow me to investigate James's reaction upon seeing most of the hunting party defy his strict 7 AM meet-at-his-tent time.

Beyond that, I'm not too concerned with James, as he's intended to be in the background for the most part here, but with Rachelle and her interactions with the other characters. I figure I could have Rachelle wait at the tent and tell your characters where the start point is on the map as they eventually arrive. The sticking point is how to coordinate even that much. Given that Rachelle has not spoken with anyone else during this RP apart from James, I will necessarily want to write any dialogue involving her. (In other words, I'm being selfish with her, but mainly because she's new. There are still parts of her personality I've yet to fully establish, so anyone else trying to write her would have a difficult time of it.) Of course, that means a collaboration, which is easier to do one-on-one. The other option would be to refer to the conversation indirectly, though that deprives the interaction of some crucial context. On the other hand, it may be easier to gain this context globally through even just a single detailed conversation with Rachelle. I guess we'll figure this all out when we get there.

----

For the hunt itself, I plan on having you all do the heavy lifting, so whether that means one big party or multiple parties going independently will be up to you. I only ask a few things:

First, that you guys don't break the scavenger hunt by having things appear with magical ease--it's supposed to be difficult, after all. If you plan on looking for the stones Rachelle hid, they're supposed to be especially hard to spot, though not impossible. You should be able to find some, but likely not all twenty.

Second, that you keep in mind that Rachelle will be around for interaction and possible conversation. Not just that, but it potentially will be without the leash of her supplemental conditioning. So please don't completely forget about her.

Third, even if we're not doing full-on collaborations, that we at least try for a little bit of coordination between individual stories. It wouldn't make sense for two groups to be going the exact same way by accident, and yet describe completely different things. Conversely, you could have two independent groups find the same item and simultaneously attempt to return it to James. The point is, try not to leave each other (and myself) completely in the dark.

Fourth, and most important, have fun. Don't break the hunt, but have fun. This isn't supposed to be super serious. Maybe ironic given that it involves James and Rachelle, but that's kinda the point. Keep in mind that some, er, abnormal things have happened before, so don't be afraid to continue on that tradition. Wink

On a side note, my other group (the Rossi fratello) will be trekking about in the general area as well. They should be somewhat out of the way of the others but close enough to change things from time to time.

PSVT

Forum Posts : 497

Registration date : 2014-05-27
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Mon 28 Sep 2015 - 7:44

I know I've been out of the game for a while, but I wanted to use this to get back in the game.

Unlike some of her sisters, Tea normally slept like a rock.  Just about the only thing that could wake her up when she didn’t want to get up, was one of Beatrice’s surprises.  The jury was still out on whether it was something from her pre cyborg days, or a quirk of her cyborization process.  Alpha and some of the people in the know so to speak wondered if it was just the fact that anything short of an armored battalion was no threat to the girl.
            All of this did not mean that Tea was a late sleeper, no she was up with the sun already cooking breakfast for who ever wanted it.  Of course many did once they smelled, bacon, eggs, and coffee.

“Hiking is fun, hiking with Alpha is even better, hehehehe,” Tea giggled.  “I wonder what they have planned for today.  I know this isn’t a normal hike, wasn’t it a scavenger hunt or something.  They can hide it as much as they want, but with you two we can find anything right.” Tea cheered giving her new pets a pat on the head and a large helping of meat.  The other cyborgs owed and awed at the cute “doggies” while the handlers dreaded having to explain things to Tea.

crazyidiot78

Forum Posts : 1534

Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Mon 28 Sep 2015 - 19:50

As over-the-top as always, Crazy. Run with it.

Thescarredman

Forum Posts : 1834

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Tue 29 Sep 2015 - 4:25

Second TSM.

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5739

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Wed 30 Sep 2015 - 22:42

Pretty good stuff, CI. Welcome back to the RP fold!

PSVT

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Fri 2 Oct 2015 - 17:59

....And the Scavenger Hunt is off to a brisk start. In case not everyone has figured it out, Kristal will be deliberately late so that she can talk to Rachelle sans James.

Thescarredman

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Fri 2 Oct 2015 - 19:00

I figured as much, TSM. Just be prepared for a not-so-pliant Rachelle at first. After all, she's still on the red pill at that time. Fortunately the effects diminish rather linearly, but maybe for the first hour or two you won't get too much from her.

And, of course, I'll be (somewhat) available on the pad for a collab, pending moving and work.

On a slightly related note, chances of Vett and Polos making the scavenger hunt?

PSVT

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Vett on Sat 3 Oct 2015 - 5:31

I think the most sensible thing for me to do at this point is formally withdraw from the RP.

Based on the last six months, I can't see me managing to be any more reliable going forward in the immediate future

I had thought I'd had them both called back to Rome, but I can't see that post. Either way, I'll either find it or tidy-up my last one to make it so.

Vett

Forum Posts : 195

Registration date : 2012-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Sat 3 Oct 2015 - 9:38

@Vett wrote:I think the most sensible thing for me to do at this point is formally withdraw from the RP.

Based on the last six months, I can't see me managing to be any more reliable going forward in the immediate future

I had thought I'd had them both called back to Rome, but I can't see that post. Either way, I'll either find it or tidy-up my last one to make it so.

I can't recall who else has a satellite phone, but if'n you want; you can have Edward and Rebecca meet with the Scavenger Hunt crew only to have Alpha emerging from the forest with satellite phone in hand and handing it over to Edward saying only "You're on."

boomer_gonz

Forum Posts : 2559

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Vett on Sat 3 Oct 2015 - 10:49

Thanks.

I'll read-over what I've got/where we are, then work out how to extract them as gracefully as I can.

It might be an addendum to a previous post, or a whole new scene.

Vett

Male

Forum Posts : 195

Fan of : Triella, Henrietta

Original Characters : Rebecca/Edward

Comments :

Registration date : 2012-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Sat 3 Oct 2015 - 12:46

I believe James has the other phone.
Thescarredman

Male

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 3 Oct 2015 - 16:33

James and Alpha both have phones. That said, any communication coming from the SWA end you can probably assume will come through Salles.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Sat 17 Oct 2015 - 20:15

Let me know how much conversation you guys expect to have during the brief hike to the actual starting site, and how much you expect James to play a part in it. If there isn't going to be much or any, then I can teleport the group to the starting site, but I don't want to disrupt any potential character interactions.

On a separate note, I'm a postdoc now, so that will explain why I'm not on as much. Especially in the near term as I'm working on a fellowship application due on November 3, and possibly another that's due December 8. So, please either be patient with me... or get the RP to a point where you won't need my input so much. sweat

The perfect might be the enemy of the good. Then again, so is the mediocre.
PSVT

Male

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : Giancarlo Rossi and his cyborgs Valentina R. and Eleonora R.; James Bernard and his cyborg Rachelle

Comments : Working on an actual story now, so please be patient... ^_^;

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 17 Oct 2015 - 21:02

@PSVT wrote:On a separate note, I'm a postdoc now...

Congrats. We now have two Doctors on the forum (Sakura is also a PhD).

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10890

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Mon 19 Oct 2015 - 4:09

Well, while neither part of the Vitale fratello will be taking part in the scavenger hunt proper, Florentino will be along later for a chat, but the walk isn't needed for him. That said, seems like a good opportunity to bicker over who grouping up with who.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Mon 19 Oct 2015 - 11:55

CI and me figured on Crystal and Tea paling up because a) Tea's wolves are still freaking people out and b) aside from Odile people are still not terribly fond of Crystal.

So with that I
ll be posting the little yarn that CI and I made as soon as everybody else is already set. Very Happy

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Mon 19 Oct 2015 - 16:14

Sounds fine by me. Post it whenever you're ready as James is just walking right now (as are everyone else I assume).

PSVT

Male

Original Characters : Giancarlo Rossi and his cyborgs Valentina R. and Eleonora R.; James Bernard and his cyborg Rachelle

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Mon 19 Oct 2015 - 16:32

Everyone but Rachelle, who's waiting for stragglers near the rally point. Kay will be along shortly.

Tea and Crystal partnering up ... this is going to be fun.
Thescarredman

Male

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Mon 2 Nov 2015 - 0:53

Welp, that's a nice little cliffhanger to leave Freak Show at till folks involved want to start it up again...or till next Halloween sweat .

Is everybody paired up already or are folks still deciding?

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Mon 2 Nov 2015 - 14:08

Kristal and Michele, Kara and Claes. Should make for some interesting conversations, at least.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Mon 2 Nov 2015 - 22:10

finally back-posted my collab with TSM. Will try to get back in the action soon.

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Tue 3 Nov 2015 - 19:14

@MP5 wrote:finally back-posted my collab with TSM. Will try to get back in the action soon.

This one: a little innocent (if such a word should ever be used to describe the Montagnes) one-on-one time between the paired-off twins.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Wed 25 Nov 2015 - 13:52

Read your latest, Kisk. You're a cruel man.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sun 29 Nov 2015 - 6:23

Ok, quick check in to see where people are/what they had planned (if anything) for their characters for this day on site. I know a few are on the scavenger hunt, so sound off if you're there as well.

Personally, Florentino will be around camp for a little before wandering off in search of somewhere private to scheme and twirl his moustache. Odile has been banned from straying so will be blundering around the site all day.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Sun 29 Nov 2015 - 7:10

Florentino really should have a stosh.

Doc, like Florentino, will be wandering the camp trying to strike up conversations. Anybody who wants to collab on such, or is willing to loan me their characters (I always give editorial privilege in such cases, so you won't see your people doing anything OOC), give me a line, here or in a PM.

Kristal will be arriving at the staging area of the Scavenger Hunt soon for a meet-and-greet. Expect a little humor with the wolves.

Verotrois is still at the campsite. God alone knows what she's up to.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 29 Nov 2015 - 11:34

Michele, Kara and Claes are on the Scavenger Hunt

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Sun 29 Nov 2015 - 13:44

James is of course on the Scavenger Hunt, but he's staying at the staging area. He might run into Florentino after a while. Rachelle will be joining the others out in the hunt, floating around the various groups.

Giancarlo and his two girls will be going out on a hike around the campsite, taking them through the area of the Scavenger Hunt, though they won't interact with anyone on the Hunt. However, I do expect their presence there to have an impact on proceedings.

PSVT

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Tue 22 Dec 2015 - 22:45

Regarding the Scavenger Hunt, is there still more meeting and greeting to be done, or shall I have James officially start this thing?

PSVT

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Wed 23 Dec 2015 - 0:35

I'm good personally. I think CI is too.

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Wed 23 Dec 2015 - 13:41

-Sigh- Need a brief post pairing off Michele and Kristal, and Kara and Claes. Kisk has given me the go-ahead for it, but it hasn't made its way out of my head yet. Give me till Sunday?
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Wed 23 Dec 2015 - 15:51

@Thescarredman wrote:-Sigh- Need a brief post pairing off Michele and Kristal, and Kara and Claes. Kisk has given me the go-ahead for it, but it hasn't made its way out of my head yet. Give me till Sunday?

Sure thing. Didn't mean to make it a huge rush all of a sudden, though at the same time I miss that energy from before here. sweat

PSVT

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Thu 24 Dec 2015 - 5:56

I'm good to go just don't expect much I'm in Vietnam until Jan 10
crazyidiot78

Male

Forum Posts : 1534

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : none at this time

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Mon 28 Dec 2015 - 12:43

Finally got my Kristal/Michele/Claes/Kara post in. Was listening to the 'Last of Us' OST at the time, followed by 'Ori and the Blind Forest'; hope that doesn't turn out prophetic.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Mon 28 Dec 2015 - 12:48

@Thescarredman wrote:Finally got my Kristal/Michele/Claes/Kara post in. Was listening to the 'Last of Us' OST at the time; hope it doesn't turn out prophetic.

An awesome game, The Last of Us. (Well, that I've seen played, at least. I've never actually played it myself, given that I don't have a PS3 or PS4.) The music is also pretty amazing, as one would expect for such a huge game. As for prophetic, knowing how that game's plot turns out, well.... it would make for a very, shall we say, interesting story line for the Scavenger Hunt.

Anyway, bumping the item list for great justice.

Scavenger hunt items

Over the course of the day (starting at 7 AM, ending at 12 noon), the participants are expected to find the following items:

- Live adult green woodpecker
- Green woodpecker egg
- A wing and tail feather from an eagle owl
- Live alpine marmot
- Two live male and two live female pool frogs
- Live fish of any species, in water
- Live butterfly or moth of any species
- One ibex horn
- One alpenrose plant complete in soil
- Three spruce saplings in soil
- One leaf sample from ten different alpine flora
- Twenty (20) specially etched smooth stones as distributed by Rachelle

The Scavenger Hunt pad, also for great justice.

Last edited by PSVT on Mon 28 Dec 2015 - 16:41; edited 2 times in total

PSVT

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Mon 28 Dec 2015 - 13:44

Alrighty then. How about re-posting the link to the pad?
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 30 Dec 2015 - 13:47

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 30 Jan 2016 - 18:51

Ok so, due to waning interest and a general lack of momentum, I think it is time to cut this one short and start wrapping up. As such, in the next couple of days, I will be putting together a post for Salles to start rounding everyone up to break camp and head back to the car park on a recall order.

I've already spoken to CI and PSVT who had events in progress or planned, both of whom are in agreement.

The intention will be to give the time breaking down camp and hiking back for people to get any character interractions they wanted do finished (I know I have a couple). If you have something that needed to occur at the campsite and cannot be moved to those two periods, then it will need to happen before that recall reaches them. Note though that the point now is to start pushing toward some sort of conclusion so, if it takes too long, you may just need to reserve a post.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Sun 31 Jan 2016 - 0:41

I'm good. I was kinda waiting for the scavenger hunt to commence further before Alpha found out more about it and freaked out because he didn't know exactly where Crystal was and especially Kara & Michelle were with nobody at camp knowing exactly where the hunt was within the woods.

I can write up something quite fine in past tense though. Smile

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Wed 3 Feb 2016 - 18:54

I reserved a post, the gist of which revolves around the Rossi fratello waking up, receiving the recall notice, and meandering about in the woods, potentially finding a few of the Scavenger Hunt participants in the process (possible last-minute collaboration?). I also have a quickie idea for Polos's characters, but I may end up punting on it if time runs out.

PSVT

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Thu 4 Feb 2016 - 6:37

As frame of reference: did you happen to have a rough idea of end point for that one? Was it going to be more pointing people back toward camp? Or actually getting them back?

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Thu 4 Feb 2016 - 20:24

Somewhat. Since there's not all that much time for a collaboration between now and Sunday, it's more the case that they find the group or a small part of it and inform them of the recall. I strongly doubt the Rossi fratello would escort everyone back to camp, especially since the groups are still separated.

PSVT

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Thu 4 Feb 2016 - 23:42

New post up, the first of at least three. Next, a convo with Odile, followed by Michele and Kristal on the Hunt.

And I have no idea why the final line of my last couple posts appears in a larger font.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Sun 28 Feb 2016 - 0:20

My post is (finally) up. It took a while. Their packing up camp and walking through the woods is next. When it gets posted I have no idea, but hopefully sooner than this one was posted.

PSVT

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Sun 28 Feb 2016 - 7:54

I don't see it, PSVT. The last post showing on the thread is mine.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Sun 28 Feb 2016 - 9:29

Same here.

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Sun 28 Feb 2016 - 13:32

Sorry, it was an update of my reserved post, so it didn't count as a new post. Link is here: http://gunslinger-girl.up-with.com/t3812p250-the-all-swa-teambuilding-camping-trip#123286

PSVT

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Sun 13 Mar 2016 - 12:43

My Kristal/Michele post is finally up. Booms, PSVT, Alf, take it away.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Tue 29 Mar 2016 - 6:18

Ok, those currently still out on the scavenger hunt: did you still have anything you wanted to get through out there (or, alternately, something you wanted to get through but are unlikely to get around to any time in the near future) because, if not, I'm thinking I might just write everyone back into camp so we can start breaking down tents and heading back down the mountain.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Tue 29 Mar 2016 - 14:01

I'm sure Michele's bunch (including Kay) are done hunting. James's assessment of the collection is all that remains to be done. Tea and Crystal and the wolves, however, are AWOL.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Sat 9 Apr 2016 - 6:47

@Alfisti wrote:Ok, those currently still out on the scavenger hunt: did you still have anything you wanted to get through out there (or, alternately, something you wanted to get through but are unlikely to get around to any time in the near future) because, if not, I'm thinking I might just write everyone back into camp so we can start breaking down tents and heading back down the mountain.

For the sake of getting this thing done, I think it's probably a good idea to have everyone appear in camp now. I don't think there's any realistic possibility of me finishing anytime soon what I want to do with the Rossi fratello interacting with the Hunters. I will write a quick reply from James to finish off the Scavenger Hunt for good however, hopefully up by tomorrow.

PSVT

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Wed 25 May 2016 - 3:00

Alright folks, I suspect most of us have found other projects (fandom-related, real life, or otherwise) to occupy our time, or have run out of ideas that excite us to do with this particular RP, so it's probably time to call it defunct. Boomer and I still have one post in the works, and I'll look to tweaking the tail end of it so as to round out the setting.

Feel free to write closeouts for your own characters should you so wish once that has gone up, but from here on we'll call it an ending.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Wed 25 May 2016 - 10:25

Waiting for your post, Alf.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 27 May 2016 - 8:38

Final post up. As I said, feel free to write endings for your own characters if you so wish, but I say we call it a finish here.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum