Hello from Yreka

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello from Yreka

Post by Guest on Mon 25 Feb 2008 - 14:00

Well lets see ...
My user name is an anagram it has no meaning
I am a old Fart of 56
I have been collection manga or its like since 1972 while serving in the Military over in Japan
most the manga I own is in Japanese.
been collecting anime for almost as long
My degree is in Physics
I corrupted my daughter by taking her to anime cons now she is hooked too. My wife puts up with us.
My Spelling adds new dimension to sucks as you will see if I respond to anything.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Yreka

Post by Guest on Mon 25 Feb 2008 - 14:13

Hello and welcome. What kind of manga do you collect?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Yreka

Post by Probit Return on Mon 25 Feb 2008 - 14:41

Hey, welcome to our humble little abode... erm, forum. Have fun.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

"What do you mean 'What the hell is a Funyarinpa?' You mean... you don't know?"
"How the hell would I know?"
"How could you not know?! That's... that's practically blasphemous! Say you're sorry! Apologize to the Funyarinpa! Goodness, you are such a rude woman..."
avatar
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Forum Posts : 653

Fan of : Stuff

Original Characters : Adrianna, Nero, Abigail, and now Luca

Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Yreka

Post by Wileama on Mon 25 Feb 2008 - 14:43

Hey, welcome. Which branch where you with?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Strive for your next breath.  Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one.  Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

T-Minus 15.193792102158E+9 years until the universe closes!

Marathon
avatar
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Yreka

Post by Utsurokuri on Mon 25 Feb 2008 - 14:46

Welcome and yay for corrupting the family into anime.

I did the same to my sisters. -snickers-
avatar
Utsurokuri

Female

Forum Posts : 101

Fan of : -points to avatar-

Original Characters : TBA

Registration date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Yreka

Post by Guest on Mon 25 Feb 2008 - 14:58

I'm maybe too new to welcome anyone but I'm going to anyway.

Welcome Matosu. I hope you find your time on this forum enjoyable.

(I wish I could convery ANYONE to anime. It's really not popular at all here...)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Yreka

Post by Totoum on Mon 25 Feb 2008 - 16:35

welcome!

i actually got corrupted into anime by friends....i've tried with my 58 year old dad and i've had some success.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult; the day he forgives himself, he becomes wise."Alden Nowlan
"Happy is the one who's able to laugh at himself:he's sure to be entertained for a long time"

avatar
Totoum

Male

Forum Posts : 480

Location : paris

Fan of : claes

Registration date : 2007-11-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Yreka

Post by emperor on Tue 26 Feb 2008 - 0:28

Welcome!!

cheers

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


http://on.fb.me/9tuZOK Facebook Page for Cyborg Central : Gunslinger Girl Forum cheers
avatar
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1637

Location : Bangkok,Thailand

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Registration date : 2007-09-09
Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Yreka

Post by Sintendo on Tue 26 Feb 2008 - 1:12

Welcome aboard!

matosu wrote:
I have been collection manga or its like since 1972 while serving in the Military over in Japan
most the manga I own is in Japanese.

...Can you read Japanese?


matosu wrote:
My degree is in Physics

Oy... sweat (I dislike Physics)


If you don't mind me asking: What did you do in the military? Did you recieve your degree before or after you joined?
avatar
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Forum Posts : 618

Location : Long Beach, CA

Comments : It's like a 5 hour orgasm.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Yreka

Post by Nachtsider on Tue 26 Feb 2008 - 1:21

Welcome, Matosu.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------





There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
avatar
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Location : Inside your closet. In your head.

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Yreka

Post by West Nile on Tue 26 Feb 2008 - 6:16

beam of light... Welcome to the forum. im going to ask this before the "o look a guy that can understand Japanese" entrauge gets here.

dude could you give a hand in the scanlation section?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Photobucket
Just cause I'm dead, doesn't mean I can't be your Loli Fantasy!
avatar
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Forum Posts : 1747

Location : Some Where in Nevada... or in the Philippines

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Yreka

Post by Tommygunner70 on Tue 26 Feb 2008 - 11:32

Welcome Yreka, and greetings from Holland Razz

Glad to have you.

HK-Fan wrote:I'm maybe too new to welcome anyone but I'm going to anyway.

There is no such thing Heckler. (Meh, Heckler sounds way better of a Nick then HK wouldn't you agree?)

if want to welcome anyone in, then you can bloody well deside that for your self mate. (gotta love that choice of words Razz)

No matter if your a greenhorn or a veteran.

West Nile wrote:"o look a guy that can understand Japanese" entrauge gets here.

Were you refering to me West? Razz

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------




avatar
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Forum Posts : 1950

Fan of : All the SWA girls, Even the adult ones ^_^

Original Characters : Thomas & Sora Dutch

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Yreka

Post by West Nile on Tue 26 Feb 2008 - 21:23

*grins*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Photobucket
Just cause I'm dead, doesn't mean I can't be your Loli Fantasy!
avatar
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Forum Posts : 1747

Location : Some Where in Nevada... or in the Philippines

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Type of manga

Post by Guest on Wed 27 Feb 2008 - 21:14

Revolving Chi wrote:Hello and welcome. What kind of manga do you collect?

Sorry for the slow response. I started out collecting what was more like a comic in the us then the manga we know now. I got interested because of my infatuation with the very old style kung fu. When I pulled back into Yakuska I discovered the type you are familiar with now. All most all of my collection is in Japanese. When beta came out I started to collect anime then on vhs (we will not speak of how I got it since none at that time was available in the U.S.) When my daughter became old enough to start reading I introduced her to the english manga most are familiar with to encourage her to read. Since I am legally blind she drive the manga and Anime collection with a few exception. a few are moon phase, Vampires kisses, Aoi Yori ... Dears and Gunslinger Girl. I also have some of the very first NewTypes they are in Japanese as you might expect.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Yreka

Post by Guest on Wed 27 Feb 2008 - 21:16

Wileama wrote:Hey, welcome. Which branch where you with?

U.S. Navy, first part of my time over seas (18 mths) was with the brown water navy as an advisor to the VNs

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Yreka

Post by Guest on Wed 27 Feb 2008 - 21:18

HK-Fan wrote:I'm maybe too new to welcome anyone but I'm going to anyway.

Welcome Matosu. I hope you find your time on this forum enjoyable.

(I wish I could convery ANYONE to anime. It's really not popular at all here...)

When I started collection it was unheard of in the United States.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Yreka

Post by Guest on Wed 27 Feb 2008 - 21:21

Sintendo wrote:Welcome aboard!

matosu wrote:
I have been collection manga or its like since 1972 while serving in the Military over in Japan
most the manga I own is in Japanese.

...Can you read Japanese?


matosu wrote:
My degree is in Physics

Oy... sweat (I dislike Physics)


If you don't mind me asking: What did you do in the military? Did you recieve your degree before or after you joined?


I use to but due to the very things that lead to my blindness has taken it from along with German, Vietnamese, Spanish and Manderian.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Yreka

Post by Guest on Wed 27 Feb 2008 - 21:24

West Nile wrote:beam of light... Welcome to the forum. im going to ask this before the "o look a guy that can understand Japanese" entrauge gets here.

dude could you give a hand in the scanlation section?

How so? I did scrape out the end song in EP 8 raw but do nt know how to get out with out a copywrite issue.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Yreka

Post by West Nile on Wed 27 Feb 2008 - 21:28

not translate, scanlate, the dileme in the comunity is the slowness of the manga translation. if you can still salvage some kanji, maybe you can be that light that will fianlly lead us to the promise land (which is volume 9)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Photobucket
Just cause I'm dead, doesn't mean I can't be your Loli Fantasy!
avatar
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Forum Posts : 1747

Location : Some Where in Nevada... or in the Philippines

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Yreka

Post by Guest on Wed 27 Feb 2008 - 21:33

Sintendo wrote:Welcome aboard!

matosu wrote:
I have been collection manga or its like since 1972 while serving in the Military over in Japan
most the manga I own is in Japanese.

...Can you read Japanese?


matosu wrote:
My degree is in Physics

Oy... sweat (I dislike Physics)


If you don't mind me asking: What did you do in the military? Did you recieve your degree before or after you joined?

I got my degree after I left the service. I found working as a motion control eng. my physics was too weak so I solved the problem. If my responces seem too disjointed for some reason my seach program does not like this form so some one needs to read it to me. Yes I do have a way to watch the anime. It is just how much pain I want to go thru to watch it.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Yreka

Post by Guest on Wed 27 Feb 2008 - 23:24

West Nile wrote:not translate, scanlate, the dileme in the comunity is the slowness of the manga translation. if you can still salvage some kanji, maybe you can be that light that will fianlly lead us to the promise land (which is volume 9)

May offer a back handed solution. I am currently barley hanging on to english and I am a native speaker. I have recently made a sojurn to re-aquireing my japanese (and Manderian) but I have a long way to go. I remember some but not enough to be a help I do not think. The back handed solution is a basic mac solution. How good is you romaji. When I get too frustrated and threaten to kill everyone nearby. I use a combination of two items 1. a Widget that translates Kanji to english and a web sight when my romanji fails me. first the sight http://nihongo.jtalk.com/ second the widget is by Systran why the complex way it has alot to due to how my though process functions now. It is trivial to write in Japanese on a mac, this can be put into the translator and you get a literal string back. I have never been good at idiomatic phrases anyway. The sight is for if you have the kanji but not the romanji. It will do the translation for you to romanji (No it does not trans to english.)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Yreka

Post by Triela on Wed 27 Feb 2008 - 23:40

Woahh I never welcomed you!! bang head ... Welcome to the Gunslinger Girl boards!!!! =D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  AWWWWW YEAHHHH
avatar
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2723

Location : In Steve's arms >:3

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Yreka

Post by West Nile on Wed 27 Feb 2008 - 23:55

matosu wrote:
West Nile wrote:not translate, scanlate, the dileme in the comunity is the slowness of the manga translation. if you can still salvage some kanji, maybe you can be that light that will fianlly lead us to the promise land (which is volume 9)

May offer a back handed solution. I am currently barley hanging on to english and I am a native speaker. I have recently made a sojurn to re-aquireing my japanese (and Manderian) but I have a long way to go. I remember some but not enough to be a help I do not think. The back handed solution is a basic mac solution. How good is you romaji. When I get too frustrated and threaten to kill everyone nearby. I use a combination of two items 1. a Widget that translates Kanji to english and a web sight when my romanji fails me. first the sight http://nihongo.jtalk.com/ second the widget is by Systran why the complex way it has alot to due to how my though process functions now. It is trivial to write in Japanese on a mac, this can be put into the translator and you get a literal string back. I have never been good at idiomatic phrases anyway. The sight is for if you have the kanji but not the romanji. It will do the translation for you to romanji (No it does not trans to english.)

japanese and english are worlds apart, a computerized translation will mean very very bad grammar. unfortunately mangas here are scanned so we really can't input the kanji into a translator. that would have made life alot easier if we could

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Photobucket
Just cause I'm dead, doesn't mean I can't be your Loli Fantasy!
avatar
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Forum Posts : 1747

Location : Some Where in Nevada... or in the Philippines

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Yreka

Post by Guest on Thu 28 Feb 2008 - 7:28

Youkoso!

Many new guys these days Very Happy


The more the merrier!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Yreka

Post by Wileama on Thu 28 Feb 2008 - 11:02

matosu wrote:I use to but due to the very things that lead to my blindness has taken it from along with German, Vietnamese, Spanish and Manderian.
Wow. I tip my hat to you sir.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Strive for your next breath.  Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one.  Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

T-Minus 15.193792102158E+9 years until the universe closes!

Marathon
avatar
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Yreka

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum