Gunslinger Girl Mysteries

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gunslinger Girl Mysteries

Post by Guest on Sun 3 Jul 2016 - 3:15

What are some of the secrets/questions in the Gunslinger Girl Universe that you really want to know the answers to but have never found, or had a lot of difficulty discovering?

The Cold Winter Bianchi mentions certainly comes to mind, voodoo doll as well as what happened after Dante's capture. The ending seemed so sudden that the fate of the girls and the Handlers was never actually delved into or explained. 

So much is left up to the reader's speculations so there is a lot that has never been fully answered Nuke

Back to top Go down

Re: Gunslinger Girl Mysteries

Post by taerKitty on Thu 6 Oct 2016 - 19:43

Well, Jose mentioned a nuke going off in the Balkans, so that would be interesting.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alfisti: "Welcome to the SWA... don't worry, your cyborg is probably less confused than you are".
taerKitty

Male

Forum Posts : 1154

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : Dina & Paolo

Comments : The feelz... the feelz...

Registration date : 2012-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Fri 7 Oct 2016 - 15:46

When John Doe was killed ... what happened to his dog?
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 1790

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Mon 10 Oct 2016 - 18:41

When Mario and Victor returned to the warehouse after rescuing the girl who would become Triela, Rachelle's body was gone. What the hell happened to it?

Later, Victor visits Rachelle's uncle, apparently at Rachelle's grave. Was her body found later, or was the grave empty, or was the grave not Rachelle's?
Thescarredman

Male

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Tue 11 Oct 2016 - 18:24

Rossana. What triggered her desertion of her job at Public Safety - and Sandro? Was it discovering that she was pregnant? If Bianca's conception was deliberate, she must have planned her exit some time in advance. Why didn't she tell him?
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 12 Oct 2016 - 14:07

@Thescarredman wrote:Rossana. What triggered her desertion of her job at Public Safety - and Sandro? Was it discovering that she was pregnant? If Bianca's conception was deliberate, she must have planned her exit some time in advance. Why didn't she tell him?

She expected he'd want to come with her and she didn't want that?

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10883

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Wed 12 Oct 2016 - 21:51

Or that he couldn't understand her reasons, and might try to stop her?
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 on Tue 17 Jan 2017 - 6:26

Ferro's deep, dark secret as to why she's in the protection detail/SWA. I'd really like to see her back story. She seems more than just a security functionary, even from before the Croce bombing.

Glocks are not the shit. Glocks can fail the same as any other gun. I've seen it personally, and have even heard first-hand accounts of something as basic as a slide-retaining pin snapping, the slide flying off. Get over the obsession and buy what fits your hand, your wallet, and ability.
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 823

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 on Tue 17 Jan 2017 - 6:30

Also, the confirmation that Franco and Franca are dead. Christiano said they were, but we, the readers, had nothing to close that up. I think they're still out there, finally having broken free of their hunted life.

Glocks are not the shit. Glocks can fail the same as any other gun. I've seen it personally, and have even heard first-hand accounts of something as basic as a slide-retaining pin snapping, the slide flying off. Get over the obsession and buy what fits your hand, your wallet, and ability.
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 823

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Tue 17 Jan 2017 - 13:47

I think it was mentioned in conversation in the manga that two bodies had been recovered from the Alfa's plunge into the water, but Cristiano's wasn't one of them.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyndist on Wed 18 Jan 2017 - 1:29

@Thescarredman wrote:When Mario and Victor returned to the warehouse after rescuing the girl who would become Triela, Rachelle's body was gone. What the hell happened to it?

Later, Victor visits Rachelle's uncle, apparently at Rachelle's grave. Was her body found later, or was the grave empty, or was the grave not Rachelle's?

I guess the Mafia had taken her body to identify who she is to find out who ordered the raid , or because they need something to report back to their boss . Then they get rid of it in a conspicuous place to warn the others .

"Your world as you knew it is gone. How far would you go to bring it back? "
Lyndist

Male

Forum Posts : 411

Fan of : Yu Aida

Original Characters : Phong Linh . Silvya SilverFox

Comments : I'm back

Registration date : 2011-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Fri 3 Feb 2017 - 12:29

In the scene where Jean, now head of a new Italian counter-terrorism agency, is taking a report about a Padan remnant group trying to free Dante from prison, we see a panel showing his left hand resting on his desk. On it is a picture of Rico in a dress, of all things. And his hand has a wedding band on it. Is there anyone in canon that you can imagine he might marry?
There's another possibility. I seem to recall, sometime between Sophia's murder and Jean joining the Agency, a panel where he is regarding a ring on his finger as he thinks about his life. Is the ring a gift from his lost fiancée, and is he still wearing it almost twenty years later (along with a rockin' stosh)?
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyndist on Sun 5 Feb 2017 - 7:54

@Thescarredman wrote:In the scene where Jean, now head of a new Italian counter-terrorism agency, is taking a report about a Padan remnant group trying to free Dante from prison, we see a panel showing his left hand resting on his desk. On it is a picture of Rico in a dress, of all things. And his hand has a wedding band on it. Is there anyone in canon that you can imagine he might marry?
There's another possibility. I seem to recall, sometime between Sophia's murder and Jean joining the Agency, a panel where he is regarding a ring on his finger as he thinks about his life. Is the ring a gift from his lost fiancée, and is he still wearing it almost twenty years later (along with a rockin' stosh)?
Maybe he married his little sister friend . Or maybe Rico  clapping .

Lyndist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Thu 9 Feb 2017 - 14:18

It goes without saying that I'd like to know more about the girls' backstories; only Rico and Petra's are anything like fleshed out (though I'm holding out for the idea that she fell off that roof, rather than jumping). What happened to Fleda Johanssen, the girl who would become Claes? How did the girl who would become Triela end up in that warehouse, and was anyone looking for her? Beatrice,the girl who has never been happy - how did she come to the Agency? And Gato and Sylvia and ...

Why didn't Yu provide his readers with the details of the girls' pre-conversion lives? Did he think the backstories were mostly unimportant to the plot, or was he saving some of them for later, or what?
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyndist on Fri 10 Feb 2017 - 3:24

@Thescarredman wrote:It goes without saying that I'd like to know more about the girls' backstories; only Rico and Petra's are anything like fleshed out (though I'm holding out for the idea that she fell off that roof, rather than jumping). What happened to Fleda Johanssen, the girl who would become Claes? How did the girl who would become Triela end up in that warehouse, and was anyone looking for her? Beatrice,the girl who has never been happy - how did she come to the Agency? And Gato and Sylvia and ...

Why didn't Yu provide his readers with the details of the girls' pre-conversion lives? Did he think the backstories were mostly unimportant to the plot, or was he saving some of them for later, or what?
It's was mean for Gunslinger Girl 2 .  dancin\\'

Lyndist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Fri 10 Feb 2017 - 14:15

You mean the one where their ship is hijacked by Albanian pirates? Wink
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyndist on Sun 12 Feb 2017 - 2:51

@Thescarredman wrote:You mean the one where their ship is hijacked by Albanian pirates? Wink
LOL. Yes!

Lyndist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Tue 7 Mar 2017 - 16:47

As a fan of Lauro, I've always been curious about his having made mention of 'needing money soon' in his brief conversation with fellow agent Jose. He took that knowledge to the grave.
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 1966

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Tue 7 Mar 2017 - 18:56

He also said that if it wasn't for the cyborgs, he 'wouldn't have a job.' I wonder if the two are connected.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Tue 7 Mar 2017 - 21:36

@Thescarredman wrote:He also said that if it wasn't for the cyborgs, he 'wouldn't have a job.' I wonder if the two are connected.
Yeah, that adds to the mystery surrounding this man. I've noticed sometimes in anime shows, someone who is intended to die or lose badly in a story, either reveals or is shown to have something potentially shady or corrupt somehow about that person. I would find it interesting to know if the author meant for all that to take place on the TV show, considering he never had a speaking role in the manga. (or Elsa for that matter)
Puzzled
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 1966

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Mon 27 Mar 2017 - 18:15

Caterina's father, the man whose imprisonment and death under mysterious circumstances eventually turned her into Franca the bombmaker: what really happened to him in prison? And why was he jailed in the first place? The manga hints that Caterina was investigating it, but no conclusions were ever revealed. In a discussion with one of her Padan colleagues The Tibetan Terrier, it's hinted that she gave up looking for the truth and just started looking for revenge instead.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum