SWA Football: Collaborative Cup

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SWA Football: Collaborative Cup

Post by Chronic Guardian on Sun 11 Sep 2016 - 23:56

Hello all!

This thread is a general setup area for an upcoming collaborative project. What project? Oh, just a little something like this...

That's right, Cyborg Soccer/Association Football! All of our favorite mechanical child assassins taking to the pitch for an friendly AU throwdown! Before you get too excited though, I suppose I should lay down some parameters.

1. Players will be drawn mostly from OCs, but if we're running short on players we can always draft the classic characters. As a baseline, Henrietta, Rico, Triela, Claes, and Angelica will be available but others may join as desired.

2. This scenario is asynchronous, don't worry about trying to overlap timelines. If you feel like resurrecting Elsa to play alongside Petra then go for it! Your selected characters can be as far along in their timeline as you like.

3. Immediately following that, we will be implementing a codified spec system to make sure we're all on the same page for cyborg performance. For example, first gens have a naturally lower agility rating than second gens. However, a well trained first gen like Rico who knows how to run effectively might perform on par with a poorly trained second gen whose role doesn't involve running.

4. In order to enter a player, that girl's handler must offer an entry fee. Entry fees go towards the winners' cup and can range from cash to services.

5. Two cyborgs will be elected Team Captain during the First Weekend in October. If your cyborg would like to be considered for the position, make sure she's signed up before then! Team Captains will then draft the other cyborgs available. If any cyborgs enter after the deadline they will automatically be distributed in order of entry.

6. The game will be played with a slightly altered version of standard soccer/association football rules. As such, the maximum number of cyborgs on the field during play is 22 (11 per team), but each team may have an infinite number of substitutes to draw from in the case of an injury, suspension, or other incident. One notable exception to the standard rules is that suspended players may be replaced with a substitute. This means your team won't be penalized a position if one of your cyborgs acts out of turn.

7. A maximum of two coaches can be elected per team drawn from the handler and support staff ranks. You will get one vote per fratelli entered. Votes will be counted on the First Weekend in October, so have your final answer ready by then.

8. Play will commence the First Weekend in November. The Girls may converse in the Locker Room before then, but no pre-game practices will be allowed. The only skills they can bring to this match are those already established in their respective canons. 

9. Two referees/goalkeepers will also be elected from the support staff (handlers are generally exempt to prevent bias). Votes for these positions will be counted by the First Weekend in November.

10. Two RP referees/factcheckers will also be elected among the authors. These individuals should be unbiased and knowledgeable of the various entities in play. If a dispute arises based on cyborg ability (say, C. Raych outrunning Monty, for an oddball example), this ref has the power to mediate the matter and order revisions to the play. If you repeatedly ignore the stated abilities of a cyborg, you may receive a Yellow Card or Red Card, either suspending you for three posts or removing you from play altogether. Let's try to not let that happen, shall we?

11. Try to keep posts short and focused. You are of course allowed to insert longer thought into certain moments, but this RP is oriented towards speed and ease of use. Don't feel obligated to contribute a ficlet every time! Even just having a short little post about your girl receiving and passing the ball will work.

12. You can designate another player you trust to operate your cyborgs in the event that you are not present. However, if the ball is passed to your cyborg and you do not respond within the week, she may fumble the ball or be intercepted by a more watchful player depending on the circumstances. Alternatively, her actions will be predicted from her stated "AI behavior". Sorry, but we want to keep play moving.

13. The captain of the winning team will distribute the spoils of war(the entry fees of the losing handlers) amongst her teammates after the match.

Whew! I'm probably overlooking some gaping plot holes at the moment, but this should do for starters. Now, to get sign-ups rolling...

Name:
Specs*: (STR, AGL, INT**)
Known Strengths:
Known Weaknesses:
Suggested Position***:

AI Behavior:
Entry Fee:
Coach Vote:
Captain Vote:
*Standard specs for a first gen are 7 [STRength], 4 [AGiLity], 3 [INTelligence] while standard specs for a second gen are 4 STR, 7 AGL, 5 INT. Adjust for your cyborg accordingly.
**INT refers strictly to independent judgment and knowledge pertaining to this situation: Playing football. Thus, an otherwise competent agent like Triela may have a dismal INT score.
***Just in case you're not familiar with the available positions, check out the video below for a standard illustration.

Name: Quistis Trepe
Specs:
6 STR, 6 AGL, 6 INT
Known Strengths: Light on conditioning, Quistis is a free thinker who knows how to work outside the box. Although she's a working stiff who doesn't know the first thing about football, she's a fast learner and a good team player. She's used to taking a supporting role and covering the weaknesses of others.
Known Weaknesses: Quistis is a stickler for the rules and won't go along with anything that hints at foul play. Also, as a 1.5 Gen, her stats leave her a jack-of-all-trades, but a master of none.
Suggested Position: Leftback
AI Behavior: Defensive/Stalwart
Entry Fee: Laguna has promised "One Wish" as Quistis entry fee.
Coach Vote: Jean Croce
Captain Vote: Triela

Name: Terra
Specs: 7 STR, 5 AGL, 4 INT/(Berserk Mode) 9 STR, 7 AGL, 1 INT 
Known Strengths: While Terra seems to have average stats for a first gen at first glance, she may resort to a "Berserk Mode" in desperate situations that gives her movements extra strength and ferocity at the expense of articulation and discretion. Terra also has great situational awareness and is fairly adept at reading her opponents.
Known Weaknesses: Terra has trouble with the concept of teamwork and may not trust her teammates to properly cover their position, causing her to wander out of formation as she tries to put on a one-girl offensive. Also, while under the influence of her "Berserk Mode" it is highly likely she will perform a foul.
Suggested Position: Right Winger/Sweeper
AI Behavior:
Aggressive/Dominator
Entry Fee: Cyan has promised an arrangement of his famous hand-crafted silk flowers for the winner, should Terra fail the match.
Coach Vote: Marco Toni
Captain Vote: Rico

Alright, let's get this party started! I look forward to your entries. May the best cyborg win...
-CG 11/SEP/16

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...Was that too lighthearted?
Chronic Guardian

Male

Forum Posts : 76

Fan of : Rico, Alphonso, and various writers of tremendous talent

Original Characters : Originality? CG has none of that.

Comments : CG is to the GsG fandom as Puddleglum is to Marshwiggles. He's not that much more cheerful, but certainly enough to warrant an exile.

Registration date : 2016-07-03
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Re: SWA Football: Collaborative Cup

Post by topgearbrzgt86 on Mon 12 Sep 2016 - 23:26

Name: Jamiebel Angkahan
Specs: 4 STR, 10 AGI, 5 INT
Known Strengths: Jamiebel is light on conditioning, so she can move quickly, often taking an attacking role; her track experience helps her work well with a team; she also has blistering speed, to take advantage of any crosses into the box/defensive weaknesses/finishing shots.
Known Weaknesses: She's not the strongest of cyborgs (due to her being gen-2), so if caught, she may lose one-on-ones; she plays rugby more than soccer, due to her shared handler being more of a rugby person; also super-competitive, so she could lose her top late in the game (if her team is losing)
Suggested Position: Striker (Center Forward)/Left Winger/Center-Attacking Midfielder
AI Behavior: Attacking, Opportunistic (taking chances when she can)
Entry Fee: Frederic (said shared handler) pays 25 euro
Coach Vote: Marco Toni

Name: Jim Eligino
Specs: 5 STR, 7 AGI, 7 INT; 7 STR, 9 AGI, 3 INT (Provoked)
Known Strengths: Jim is also light on conditioning, but he is slightly slower on agility fronts than Jamiebel; he knows the game well, so he can lead, encourage and help make counterattacking strategies on the fly; his suggested position was goalkeeper, for his awareness and good hands, especially during PK shootouts.
Known Weaknesses: Jim's temper can get the better of him sometimes (hence Provoked), which can lead him to rush in and block shots when players enter the box; this could lead for him to concede penalties
Suggested Position: Goalkeeper
AI Behavior: Defensive, calm-minded
Entry Fee: Frederic (said handler) pays 25 euro - same as Jamiebel's fee
Coach Vote: Marco Toni (first choice);  
Captain Vote: Jamiebel (would have chosen himself, but prefers her to take the lead)

Last edited by topgearbrzgt86 on Tue 13 Sep 2016 - 22:37; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Chronic Guardian clarifying the rules)

topgearbrzgt86

Male

Forum Posts : 449

Fan of : Top Gear, Initial D, etc.

Original Characters : Jim, Jamiebel, Davina, Bernan, Frédéric. (More to come.)

Comments : You have to leave the space. All the time you have to leave the space!
-Fernando Alonso

Registration date : 2013-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronic Guardian on Tue 13 Sep 2016 - 3:22

Okay, the opening post is up. Basically, the way this gonna go down is we have five phases linked to real time. Phase 1 is "The Draft". It starts now and runs through mid Octoberish. During this time, the cyborgs show up to the field, meet each other, and are picked for teams.

Phase 2 is "Gearing Up" and runs from mid October to November. This phase is basically the chance of the team captains of coaches to get their players up to speed on tactics and technique of how to play (good luck!).

Phase 3, "Collaborative Cup, part 1" covers the game up to half time. We're ambitiously aiming to have it done by mid Decemberish. The faster it plays, the better.

Phase 4, "Collaborative Cup, part 2" covers the second half of the game. I would like to have this finished by the end of February at the latest.

Phase 5, "Aftermath" is the extra "purely for lulz" section for posting how your cyborgs take the win/loss and possibly what they learned from the game.

As for entrants 3 and 4, I notice Jamiebiel is set up as a super star, a real gem to whatever team snags her first. However, I'm not sure how I feel about all that agility. After all, if a third-gen user shows up, maybe the next iteration of hardware will allow for even bigger tweaks in speed (CG is only speculating, of course. He's only run into third gens on a cursory basis). On the other hand, because you do note she's into Rugby, it does make sense that she can use what she's got to the fullest.

Ah, well, who ever said 10 was the limit? Wink

Not sure why the second one would need my approval though... Admittedly the (Provoked) state does seem to mirror Terra's stat jump, which I'm a little leery of. Terra's "Berserk Mode" is essentially a "life-or-death" feral state brought on by traumatic incidents in her past. She was a child soldier for a while, so that's kind of her survival instinct kicked into overdrive. The only reason she can achieve a 7 in Agility is because she's basically dumping her energy reserves into a single spurt. If Jim goes to that extreme though, then go for it, you know your cyborg better than I. (Although it is funny that the "Defensive, calm-minded" one would be provokable).

Also, as a side note, I would like to forewarn anyone joining this RP that your cyborgs will be part of a team that does not necessarily do well. To be frank, I am looking forward to a messy performance of heavy duty, precision machinery being used not for its intended purpose. Don't be afraid to lose, just have fun! Even if your cyborg gets suspended, they can still observe from the sidelines with their handler (obviously not to the point of clogging play, but it's still an option). In meta, the main point isn't actually to win, it's to enjoy the various character struggling to work alongside eachother in a scenario where there are disparities and weak-links and people you just wish weren't on your team. Don't lose sight of that, a'ight?

Last edited by Chronic Guardian on Sat 15 Oct 2016 - 14:10; edited 1 time in total

Chronic Guardian

Male

Comments : CG is to the GsG fandom as Puddleglum is to Marshwiggles. He's not that much more cheerful, but certainly enough to warrant an exile.

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by topgearbrzgt86 on Tue 13 Sep 2016 - 12:42

@Chronic Guardian wrote:As for entrants 3 and 4, I notice Jamiebiel is set up as a super star, a real gem to whatever team snags her first. However, I'm not sure how I feel about all that agility. After all, if a third-gen user shows up, maybe the next iteration of hardware will allow for even bigger tweaks in speed (CG is only speculating, of course. He's only run into third gens on a cursory basis). On the other hand, because you do note she's into Rugby, it does make sense that she can use what she's got to the fullest.

Ah, well, who ever said 10 was the limit? Wink

Not sure why the second one would need my approval though... Admittedly the (Provoked) state does seem to mirror Terra's stat jump, which I'm a little leery of. Terra's "Berserk Mode" is essentially a "life-or-death" feral state brought on by traumatic incidents in her past. She was a child soldier for a while, so that's kind of her survival instinct kicked into overdrive. The only reason she can achieve a 7 in Agility is because she's basically dumping her energy reserves into a single spurt. If Jim goes to that extreme though, then go for it, you know your cyborg better than I. (Although it is funny that the "Defensive, calm-minded" one would be provokable).

Also, as a side note, I would like to forewarn anyone joining this RP that your cyborgs will be part of a team that does not necessarily do well. To be frank, I am looking forward to a messy performance of heavy duty, precision machinery being used not for its intended purpose. Don't be afraid to lose, just have fun! Even if your cyborg gets suspended, they can still observe from the sidelines with their handler (obviously not to the point of clogging play, but it's still an option). In meta, the main point isn't actually to win, it's to enjoy the various character struggling to work alongside each other in a scenario where there are disparities and weak-links and people you just wish weren't on your team. Don't lose sight of that, a'ight?
- Jamiebel is not necessarily a star, in my eyes - if she had at least 8 INT (on the game), then I could probably constitute her being a star player. Razz Still, your call. Also, I was trying to allocate my points to a capped number Razz

- Jim likes to keep himself focused and calm; anything that could get him massively angry will trigger (Provoked) mode - the former reason, hence "defensive, calm-minded"; most likely, he'll stay at 5/7/7.

-And very much duly noted! I'll make sure to avoid getting heated in the game; again, it's all in fun Smile

topgearbrzgt86

Male

Comments : You have to leave the space. All the time you have to leave the space!
-Fernando Alonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronic Guardian on Tue 13 Sep 2016 - 13:49

Ah, I should also note that the votes for captain and coach aren't limited to what Terra and Quis have put down. If you feel your cyborg would vote for someone else, then by all means get that nomination in!

Name: Aria
Specs:
6.5 STR, 4.5 AGL, 4 INT
Known Strengths: Aria is easy going and meshes well in a team setting. She's a natural support agent and has a great sense of filling holes in the defensive line. She takes orders well and is very motivated to win this Cup for her handler. 
Known Weaknesses: Aria lacks a lot of coordination and is only barely faster than your typical first gen. Like most of the cyborgs here, she also doesn't know much about how to play football and may unintentionally violate a rule or two if she isn't routinely reminded.
Suggested Position: Center Midfield
AI Behavior:
Mender/Cohesive Defense
Entry Fee: Vincent has promised two opera tickets as Aria's entry fee.
Coach Vote: Jose Croce
Captain Vote: Jamiebel

Name: Breska
Specs: 1 STR, 8.5 AGL, 8 INT
Known Strengths: Breska has fantastic control over her body and thus adds technique to a chassis built for speed for a combination meant to dominate. Her handler also talks to her about football a lot in their down time so she has a fair grasp of the involved tenants, maneuvers, and pitfalls of a novice team. Her preferred tactics involve playing mediocre before bursting out of the defensive line to catch a pass and chip a goal. She is also capable of advanced techniques, such as "bending" a kick.
Known Weaknesses: Breska is more or less the light weight of group due to offbrand manufacturing. She can't kick as hard as any of the other girls and will lose almost every tackle she's caught in. This makes her unfit for defensive maneuvers and an easy target for someone looking to put her out of the game. Also, if Breska does not trust the team captain's competence she may begin to passive aggressively change the plan and attempt a mutiny.
Suggested Position: Utility Player (anywhere but the goalbox!)
AI Behavior: Sneaky/Opportunistic
Entry Fee: Jecht has promised to act as your personal trainer so you too can look like this.

Coach Vote: Alpha
Captain Vote: Kristal

Last edited by Chronic Guardian on Tue 11 Oct 2016 - 19:47; edited 1 time in total

Chronic Guardian

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Tue 13 Sep 2016 - 22:28

Here goes nothing...

Name: Eleonora Rossi
Specs: 4 STR; 9 AGL; 10 INT
Known Strengths: Blazing speed. Also incredible field perception and anticipation honed from her bodyguard training, combined with light conditioning that allows her to think freely. A natural, almost ingrained love of all things football and constant practice at it makes her incredibly skilled at most positions. Also, she is in general a very quick learner, so if initial plans go awry on the field she has the ability to adapt rather quickly.
Known Weaknesses: Incredible paranoia regarding the safety of her handler and sister, even in situations where she knows they should be “safe” may make her lose some level of concentration. Also, she has to be almost constantly moving – she utterly hates standing still, so occasionally positioning may become an issue. Lastly, her speed comes at a cost of her strength, meaning she can be forced off the ball easily by shoulder checks.
Suggested Position: Right midfield
AI Behavior: Generally attacking, but deliberate and skillful. Almost playful in her actions.
Entry Fee: From Giancarlo, a public performance by Eleonora of any song of her choosing should her side lose. (Note: While Eleonora loves singing, she hates doing so in public or where anyone else can hear her.)
Coach Vote: Priscilla

Name: Valentina Rossi
Specs: 1 STR; 15 AGL; 3 INT
Known Strengths: As fast as Eleonora is, Valentina is even faster, partially due to her status as a developmental testbed for a Gen 3 cyborg (in other words, she's a Gen 2.5). As things stand, she is among the fastest, if not the outright fastest, cyborg on the field. Furthermore, she does know which goal to run towards. That’s probably about it, however.
Known Weaknesses: Same as Eleonora, but to an even greater degree when it comes to the speed/strength tradeoff. Also, unlike Eleonora, she has absurdly little skill when it comes to football, nor does she particularly care for it, meaning she’s also prone to mental errors and lapses of concentration – or just outright disdain. If only she had a choice in this matter, for her only incentive in playing is avoiding the entry fee. She would be very prone to making basic tactical errors, fielding mistakes, and minor fouls.
Suggested Position: Center midfield
AI Behavior: Chasing the ball without a clear plan for what to do with it.
Entry Fee: More football, a whole week’s work of it. (Thanks, Papa.)
Coach Vote: Priscilla
Captain Vote: Beatrice (Why not?)

Last edited by PSVT on Sat 17 Sep 2016 - 10:01; edited 1 time in total

The perfect might be the enemy of the good. Then again, so is the mediocre.
PSVT

Male

Forum Posts : 488

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : Giancarlo Rossi and his cyborgs Valentina R. and Eleonora R.; James Bernard and his cyborg Rachelle

Comments : Working on an actual story now, so please be patient... ^_^;

Registration date : 2014-05-27
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronic Guardian on Wed 14 Sep 2016 - 0:22

Man... If Nora and Jamie end up on the same side then the other team will be in a tight spot!

Also, gotta say I'm loving this glass cannon 3rd gen. Looks like we've got a humming bird on our hands here! Here's hoping she's not coordinated enough to keep the ball once she's intercepted it...

In general notes:

TopGear: Re:Jamiebel-No worries about it, I'm just trying to be careful here. I'm not acquainted with every possible cyborg or the extended canon of Cyborg Central so I just wanted to make sure we weren't peaking too early. Sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way...

Re: Jim-Got it. Although, it'll be fun to see him possibly break out the (Provoked) mode if things go sour in the second act.

Re: Fun-Yep! Now I just need to focus on getting things organized enough that the fun isn't impeded by poor overhead decisions... In the meantime, a proper thank you for joining us for this adventure!

PSVT: Breska does not regret her vote for captain. What'll be funny is if Nora and Jamie become captains, but Aria and Breska end up on the opposite teams of what they voted for! Laughing

On a side note though, I'm a little confused regarding Tina's entry fee. Would you mind elucidating that at some point (here or in-game)? Generally, the idea behind the entry fee is that when the other team wins, the entry fees of the losing team will be distributed as prizes to the winning fratelli, one a piece. Thus, Laguna is offering to grant a wish for one fratelli, Frederic is offering a small cash prize (compared to those five-hundred euro notes Jose flashes around at table servers, methinks there might be a disparity of income here... Razz), and Jecht is offering to be a personal trainer. The catch is that the cyborgs choose the prize (although they may ask for handler input before the game begins), even if it applies to the handler. Thus, if Henrietta beats Breska's team, Jose might be going through some serious personal training soon. I do remember mentioning that the entry fee might be something the cyborg doesn't want to happen, but I should have clarified that in the social sense. For example, if Hilshire suddenly became heartless he might "bet" one of Triela's bears, something that would motivate her not to lose because she doesn't want to lose her bears; and we all know 'Etta would never let herself lose if Jose had promised an astronomy lesson as her entry fee. The thought of him teaching another girl the wonders of the sky? THERE WILL BE BLOOD!

*Ahem'scuseme*

All that said, I just need to make sure this entry fee is something "redeemable" by a winning fratelli. Is Giancarlo promising to offer Tina as a football playmate for the next week, or am I reading this wrong? If so, God forbid she loses to Nora... Still, I can see how this would be motivating for the cyborgs who usually don't get to play much. Nothing like testing your skills against the latest hardware, right?

Chronic Guardian

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Wed 14 Sep 2016 - 19:38

Two questions on the rating system, to better establish points of reference:

What sort of rating would an adult non-cyborg register? assume good physical condition with a working knowledge of the game, like Giorgio or Amadeo.

What would Petrushka's ratings be? my two Gen 2s would be easier to rate numerically if compared to a known quantity. I assume that Petra's agility is higher than the 'standard' rating described here.
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 1814

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Wed 14 Sep 2016 - 21:38

@Chronic Guardian wrote:On a side note though, I'm a little confused regarding Tina's entry fee.

Let's just say some cyborgs have been playing a man (girl) down the last few days, and Valentina has had more time off than usual.

PSVT

Male

Original Characters : Giancarlo Rossi and his cyborgs Valentina R. and Eleonora R.; James Bernard and his cyborg Rachelle

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronic Guardian on Thu 15 Sep 2016 - 1:01

@Thescarredman wrote:Two questions on the rating system, to better establish points of reference:

What sort of rating would an adult non-cyborg register? assume good physical condition with a working knowledge of the game, like Giorgio or Amadeo.

What would Petrushka's ratings be? my two Gen 2s would be easier to rate numerically if compared to a known quantity. I assume that Petra's agility is higher than the 'standard' rating described here.

Glad you asked! I was just thinking about posting something on this, actually...

So, among the stats INT is the most flexible. INT reflects both knowledge of the game and the ability to gain and apply new knowledge. An adaptable cyborg can still get up to a 3 even if she's never heard of football before. Basically, a 4 represents someone with a basic understanding of the rules, 7 is someone who understands every aspect of the game, and 10 is someone who can play the game as if it were chess: understanding all the pieces on the field and identifying and using unique scenarios that occur in the heat of the moment.

STR and AGL are more yin-and-yangish. Think of them like gears on a car's transmission. More torque per revolution (STR) means less speed (AGL). At the same time, you can try to push it to 50 in 2nd gear, but you'll probably ruin your engine in the process. I want to be careful here because more advanced technology (for which read "2nd gen cyborgs and up") may carry inherent advantages with it while still being tuned in a different way. Thus, although the 2nd gens do have less raw weight and power than the 1st gens, they might not suffer for it as badly.

Anyway, to answer things directly...
The stats for an average, combat ready adult who has read through the rule book once:
3 STR, 3 AGL, 4 INT

Ceiling* stats for a gen 1 cyborg:
10 STR, 6 AGL**, 7.5 INT***

Ceiling stats for a gen 2 cyborg:
7 STR, 10 AGL, 10 INT

Petrushka's stats:
4 STR (I don't recall Petrushka doing any spectacular feats of strength off the top of my head, but I imagine she's still at least one tick above your average human), 9 AGL (her hardware is naturally a 7, but her technique can bump it up to 9), 7 INT (Petra probably only has a cursory understanding of the sport, but she's Sandro's protege so she'll likely pick it up pretty quick)

Hypothetical ceiling stats for a gen 3 cyborg****:
12 STR, 15 AGL, 12 INT

*These are the absolute best in every category that this generation can score based solely on hardware and refined technique. These numbers do not reflect any individual cyborg, but the combined best stats found throughout the sample.
**Terra's berserk more 7 reflects a case of "ruining the transmission" as mentioned above
***Due to conditioning practices, the 1st gen cyborgs will probably never break into the realm of artistic genius with the game, although they could conceivably memorize the rules very well under the right circumstances.
****I imagine Gen 3s are mostly specialty makes. Hence the ridiculous numbers drawn from a spread of cyborgs that excel in one area at the drastic expense of another.

Chronic Guardian

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronic Guardian on Thu 15 Sep 2016 - 12:25

In more or less the same vein, here are most of the classic girls in case anyone wants to pick a few to put into play. Please note that
1. These characters are strictly optional
&
2. These stats are only one author's perception and are open to debate.

That said, enjoy!
==================================================================
Name: Angelica
Specs:
9 STR, 1 AGL, 2 INT
Known Strengths:
Ange is the first of the first gens and has perhaps the heaviest chassis build for it. She's got raw strength like no other and even without technique boosts can kick a ball clean across the field from a goal box. If a ball she kicked were to connect with a fellow cyborg, the other girl would be knocked flat, at the very least.
Known Weaknesses:
Ange's deteriorating condition from overuse of conditioning drugs means it's usually best she take things slow. She's also prone to malfunction, a major ding to her AGL score, so it's probably best to not count on her running around too much.
Suggested Position:
Goalie
AI Behavior:
Patient/Lurker
Entry Fee:
Marco has promised a first edition copy of Il Principe del Regno della Pasta complete with illustrations and notes from the staff. The writing is cliché, but heartfelt. It might make some good bed time reading.
Coach Vote:
Priscilla
Captain Vote:
Triela

Name: Triela
Specs:
7 STR, 4 AGL, 4 INT
Known Strengths:
Triela is a natural born leader and multi-talent with a strong competitive nature hiding behind her sense of duty. While she is basically the poster girl of average first gen stats, she is intelligent enough to adapt and will likely put her strength to good use once she understands the rules of the game.
Known Weaknesses:
Triela can be hotheaded and absolutely hates to lose. Also, like most first generation girls, she isn't as fast as your average second gen and will have to rely more on tactful positioning than outmaneuvering her opponents.
Suggested Position:
Striker/Midfielder
AI Behavior:
Aggressive/Tactician
Entry Fee:
Hilshire has pulled a few strings to present one free weekend with Maria “Mimi” Machiavelli in Naples as Triela's entry fee. What better way to celebrate victory than with a football fan?
Coach Vote:
Alessandro Ricci
Captain Vote:
? (To be revealed)

Name: Henrietta
Specs:
7 STR, 5 AGL, 3 INT or -(“Terminator” Version)* 8.5 STR, 3 AGL, 1 INT
Known Strengths: Henrietta is absolutely determined to win for her handler. Also, she is slightly smaller and lighter than Triela due to advances in technology between their conversion dates. Although she doesn't know much about football, she knows Jose seems to have some strong memories on the matter, so she will approach this match with a passion. -(Terminator Version): After being reconditioned, Henrietta has become more brutal and ruthless. Victory at all costs!
Known Weaknesses: Although naturally gifted, Henrietta has a tendency to overcompensate in her attempts to impress Jose. This also means she might take risks or hog the ball as she tries to win the spotlight for her handler. -(Terminator Version) After being reconditioned, Henrietta has lost some of her articulation and isn't quite as agile as she used to be. Additionally, the finer nuances of the game (such as not intentionally hurting other players) are completely lost on her.
Suggested Position: Center Forward
AI Behavior:
Aggressive/Superstar or Aggressive/Terminator
Entry Fee: Jose has placed 200 euros on the table for Henrietta's entry fee. Nothing wrong with cold, hard cash, right? -(Terminator Version) Jose has promised a used telescope for the entry fee. Perfect for a night under the stars with your handler...
Coach Vote:
Jose Croce
Captain Vote:
Claes
*If we want to play with 'Etta after her St. Mark's Tower Assault reconditioning, she'll be this “Terminator” version

Name: Rico
Specs:
6 STR, 6 AGL, 4 INT
Known Strengths:
Rico loves to move and is perhaps the most agile generation 1 cyborg. While she's not quite as light as the second generation girls, she makes up for it with decent kicking power and a love of innovative movement. Also, working under Jean has made Rico very good at taking orders.
Known Weaknesses:
Rico doesn't do a whole lot of applicable independent thinking. This isn't to say she's dull, just that she's used to keeping her thoughts to herself and accepting instruction. While she'll be able to improvise a little on her own, an optimal performance will require a well-defined game plan.
Suggested Position:
Right midfield
AI Behavior:
Cohesive/Team Player
Entry Fee:
Jean has offered one conditional free day pass as Rico's entry fee. Unfortunately, it can't be used to get out of a major op, but you never know when you'll need a breather.
Coach Vote:
Victor Hilshire
Captain Vote:
Henrietta

Name: Claes
Specs:
5 STR, 3 AGL, 7.5 INT
Known Strengths: Claes is a natural analytic and will be right at home cracking the codes and strategies of the game.
Known Weaknesses:
As a lab rat, Claes hasn't had much reason to perfect her agility or strength techniques. Although she will play hard, she's at a distinct disadvantage in most physical situations and is only slightly stronger than your typical second generation cyborg.
Suggested Position: Goalie/Left midfield
AI Behavior:
Patient/Tactician
Entry Fee:
Claes has promised her culinary services for a weekend should she lose. You can bet this will spice up the competition; those cookies are to die for!
Coach Vote:
Michelle Pagani(if available)/Alessandro Ricci
Captain Vote:
? (To be revealed)

Name: Beatrice
Specs:
9 STR, 3 AGL, 2 INT
Known Strengths:
Being built for bomb-diffusion, Bice has one of the more structurally sturdy chassis of the first gen batch. This makes her both resilient to damage and well endowed in strength, matching Angelica in power.
Known Weaknesses:
Beatrice, through no fault of her own, tends to be unaffected by the events surrounding her and may not get into the team spirit unless properly motivated. She doesn't have much of a mind for sports in general and her agility is about on par with an average adult. If you must deploy Beatrice, perhaps it would be best to use her as a barrier than a precision tool.
Suggested Position:
Rightback
AI Behavior:
Distant/Apathetic
Entry Fee:
Bernardo has promised a personal seminar to make your handler less of a stiff. With a laidback guy like that, he might just be onto something...
Coach Vote:
Jean Croce
Captain Vote:
Claes

Name: Petrushka
Specs:
4 STR, 9 AGL, 7 INT
Known Strengths: Petrushka's background in ballet has made her extremely nimble and graceful, enabling not only high movement speed but excellent recovery reflexes as well. Also, being Sandro's student, she has been taught to observe her opponents and analyze for weaknesses. Once she has a better grasp on the game, she'll be able to make informed tactical decisions and contribute greatly to her team's situational awareness.
Known Weaknesses:
Petrushka is lacking in strength, like most second gen girls, and used to using speed over weight to control the ball. She is vulnerable to well timed tackles and easily provoked by trash talk regarding her handler.
Suggested Position: Striker/Center Forward
AI Behavior: Patient/Tactician
Entry Fee:
Sandro has promised a professional grade makeover as Petra's entry fee. Perfect for a cyborg looking to catch her handler's eye.
Coach Vote: Dottore Mayfair(If Available)/Alessandro Ricci
Captain Vote:
Verotrois Mayfair(If Available)/Claes

Name: Elsa de Sica
Specs:
8 STR, 4 AGL, 2 INT
Known Strengths:
Elsa is one of the stronger first generation cyborgs and is notoriously ruthless. Give her the opportunity and she won't hesitate to strike. While she isn't used to exercising her mental capacities to the fullest, her mind is completely oriented towards obtaining victory for her handler, offering occasional spurts of inspiration in desperate situations.
Known Weaknesses: Elsa is not a team player on any stretch of the word and does not take orders well. Additionally, if things take a turn for the worse then she is liable to ignore her limited understanding of the rules and attempt to take things head on the way she was taught (for which read, “violently”).
Suggested Position:
Rightback/Centerfield
AI Behavior:
Aggressive/Superstar
Entry Fee:
Lauro has promised to pick up one mission from a winning fratelli in the case of Elsa's failure.
Coach Vote:
Lauro de Sica
Captain Vote:
None

Last edited by Chronic Guardian on Thu 15 Sep 2016 - 12:33; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Formatting Transcription Correction)

Chronic Guardian

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Fri 16 Sep 2016 - 18:55

"a used telescope." Cruel, yet funny, in a way that makes you feel guilty for laughing...

Doc for coach? Hm. He doesn't know the game, and doesn't even train his own cyborgs in CQB. But, as an assistant coach, he might offer the girls tips on reading the opposition. Don't know what kind of team captain Verotrois would make either. Vee is a Malagra fan, but she may just like watching the players run on TV.
Thescarredman

Male

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronic Guardian on Sat 17 Sep 2016 - 0:46

@Thescarredman wrote:"a used telescope." Cruel, yet funny, in a way that makes you feel guilty for laughing...
*CG unlocked the achievement: "Subtext"!* d(>,o)b

@Thescarredman wrote:Doc for coach? Hm. He doesn't know the game, and doesn't even train his own cyborgs in CQB. But, as an assistant coach, he might offer the girls tips on reading the opposition. Don't know what kind of team captain Verotrois would make either. Vee is a Malagra fan, but she may just like watching the players run on TV.

Eh, it's all based on powers of perception, really. Plus, a coach isn't necessarily limited to "coaching", as it were. He's also gotta make substitution calls (which could be a life saver if one of our hot tempered first gens is about to boil over) and help the team adapt to face their opponents. I see Petra as being trained by Sandro to focus on the human elements of an equation and she (probably) trusts Doc to read the human elements of the game better than most handlers will. In that sense, it's not so much who Petra thinks knows the game, but who she thinks will know the players.

As for Vee, that was more of a shot in the dark. I feel like Petra is more looking for someone who understands how to make the team gel but still has at least moderate tactical sense. Again, it's the human elements she sees as important. To my limited perception, Vee would at least be able to read her teammates well enough to orchestrate an effective strike if she could coerce convince them to follow her lead. She's also smart enough to pick up on the rules fairly quickly. Plus, being raised by Sandro, I feel like Petra would more dig Vee's edgy vibe than Kay's more straight-lace style.

...Does that explanation only further reveal the depths of my ignorance or did that actually make sense?

In other notes, if alternate versions of a girl exist (such as Henrietta's normal and "Terminator" versions), only one can be used to play. No clones! That said, if someone like Crazy Idiot felt like using alternate versions, such as the "Great Escape" editions, of the classic girls then they could, but they would have to
1.Clear it with the other players
and
2.Re-enter the stats to reflect whatever differences have been made to the alternate version
Y'know... just throwing that out there.

Oh, and I'm beginning to think that I should retract my rule adjustment about major fouls not subtracting a position from the offending team. Originally, I thought of this as a way to keep girls rotating and prevent the field from being monopolized by only a few players, but it occurs to me that there still needs to be a penalty of some kind. Any suggestions?

Chronic Guardian

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Sat 17 Sep 2016 - 10:11

@Chronic Guardian wrote:So, among the stats INT is the most flexible. INT reflects both knowledge of the game and the ability to gain and apply new knowledge. An adaptable cyborg can still get up to a 3 even if she's never heard of football before.

Based on this, I bumped up Valentina's INT stat to 3 as she is competent and definitely capable of independent thinking, being on the same low conditioning level as Eleonora. However, her mental processes work a little bit differently than Nora's, and she not nearly as interested in the whole football (or sports) thing. So, she'll still make errors galore, but she at least knows what to do from a basic, top-down perspective.

PSVT

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Sun 18 Sep 2016 - 15:44

Names: Kristal and Verotrois (Mayfair fratello, though their handler discourages their taking of his last name)
Specs: 4 STR, 7 AGL, 7-8 INT
---

Known strengths (Verotrois): Standard Gen 2 speed and agility. High self-confidence makes her a risk-taker who enjoys challenges. Like her sister and handler, she has a talent for reading people and exploiting weaknesses. Natural-born ball-stealer.
Known weaknesses: If she's playing in front of a crowd of enthusiastic spectators, she may allow herself to be distracted. If the game is going badly, it may push her into risky behavior and unorthodox play. If she's tackled hard enough to knock the wind out of her, expect the resulting panic attack to lower her INT rating temporarily.
Suggested Position: Sweeper/Center Midfield
AI Behavior: Aggressive/calculating/mischievous
---

Known strengths (Kristal): Standard Gen 2 speed and agility. Also a reader. Lacks her sister's enthusiasm for the game, but enjoys learning new things. Likes to strategize and lead others.
Known weaknesses: not competitive by nature, and dislikes hurting people unnecessarily.
Suggested position: Goalie/Sweeper
AI Behavior: Supportive/instructive/observant
---

Entry fee: Alan Mayfair takes a perverse pleasure in playing games by his own rules. Also, he fully expects his girls to end up on opposite teams, guaranteeing that he'll have to pony up. As his fee, he has offered a 'cookout,' an American traditional picnic meal featuring hot sandwiches cooked outdoors over an open fire - to both teams.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by PolosElite23 on Tue 20 Sep 2016 - 21:04

Ya know....I'll bite.

Name: Sierra
Specs*: (STR 4, AGL 6, INT 7)
Known Strengths: Has a decent idea of football concepts and strategy from her avid Scottish football fan of a handler. Has a good idea and is pretty quick.
Known Weaknesses: Self-doubtful/loathing. Easily discouraged. 
Suggested Position***: Forward Center Midfielder
AI Behavior: Aggressive/Dominating
Entry Fee: An all expenses paid trip to Sicily for the weekend.
Coach Vote: Hillshire

Name: Sally
Specs*: (STR 2, AGL 7, INT 6)
Known Strengths: Tenacious, fearless and in it to win. Will keep on going until she drops.
Known Weaknesses: The Gen X Type has lower tolerances, so they won't be as able to take punishment as other fratelli. Sally has a tendency to lose her temper. Gen X also suffers neurological problems caused by a different conditioning formula.
Suggested Position***: Right Midfield
AI Behavior: Aggressive/Playful/Attacker
Entry Fee: The Murphy/Gen X Fratelli wager a day at a location of two Fratelli's choosing. The two Gen X Fratelli will cover the other Fratelli's duties as such. If Sally and Sarah are on opposite teams, this will be reduced to one Fratello to receive the prize.
Coach Vote: Pricilla
Captain Vote: Sarah

Name: Sarah
Specs*: (STR 2, AGL 5, INT 7)
Known Strengths: Team player, good at positioning and situational awareness.
Known Weaknesses:The Gen X Type has lower tolerances, so they won't be as able to take punishment as other fratelli. Gen X also suffers neurological problems caused by a different conditioning formula. Sarah tends to be reserved and easily overwhelmed.
Suggested Position***: Sweeper
AI Behavior: Calculated/Team Player/Defensive
Entry Fee: (See Sally)
Coach Vote: Hillshire
Captain Vote: Verotrois

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
----
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.

-Stanzas 2+4 of Invictus by William Earnest Henley
PolosElite23

Male

Forum Posts : 907

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire, and Angelica

Original Characters : Various

Comments : Call me PolosElite23...If that's too long for you try one of the following:
Pez PE23
PE Polo
Polos

Registration date : 2013-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Tue 20 Sep 2016 - 21:37

@Chronic Guardian wrote:Oh, and I'm beginning to think that I should retract my rule adjustment about major fouls not subtracting a position from the offending team. Originally, I thought of this as a way to keep girls rotating and prevent the field from being monopolized by only a few players, but it occurs to me that there still needs to be a penalty of some kind. Any suggestions?

Maybe the football equivalent of rugby's "sin bin" where a player is sent off but only for a fixed amount of time, maybe 5 to 15 minutes or so, depending on the foul? Would be a black card. The offending team would have to play down a player for that time until the penalty is served.

A second black card would net the player a red card, a permanent sending off without substitution.

In other words, something like this:

2 yellow cards = 1 black card (time penalty)
4 yellow cards OR 2 black cards = 1 red card (sending off)

Just a thought, something to add a little bit consequence for actions.

PSVT

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronic Guardian on Wed 21 Sep 2016 - 10:12

A New Challenger Approaches! ~Polos has joined the Brawl!

All right! And with three cyborgs no less! We are honored to have you here, Polos! Hopefully, we won't bog down your schedule too much with futbol shenanigans.

PSVT: I like that idea, we'll go with that.

TSM: I note your girls haven't voted. *Shifty eyes* Holding off on that until they get a little more integrated?

Chronic Guardian

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronic Guardian on Sun 25 Sep 2016 - 14:21

Quick notes:

-I am currently moving and thus will have spotty internet until that's all setup. If anyone wants to interact with the DT girls, they are set to AI mode until further notice.

-If you want something to happen, consider putting that plot point down here so we can all work together towards that event.

-That said, I would like for Breska to be picked up by another fratello in the parking lot. Preferably the Rossis, but if PSVT sneaks his girls in without an encounter take that as your cue to snag the fair game. If nobody claims her, Breska will enter with Angelica and Marco Toni.

-Terra doesn't warm up easily to others. She'll mostly keep to herself but still try to be helpful once the game begins.

-Aria is the most outgoing of the DT girls. She likes anyone and everyone except for those who badmouth her handler: Vincent Valentine. She also tends to flourish her exclamations. Signal this by running the phrase through an Italian translation.

-Quistis is professional and will do her best to accommodate your cyborgs even if they rub her the wrong way. If you try anything against the rules though, she'll be quick to call you out and attempt to foil the plot, even if it was meant to help her team.

Alright, I'll check back in whenever I can. Keep the ball rolling!
-CG

Chronic Guardian

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Mon 26 Sep 2016 - 6:31

...I tried to resist, but I'm just smiling too damn much at the premise.

Name: Alpha Lautani
Specs*: (STR 3, AGL 15, INT 12) (Gen Zero Prototype)
Known Strengths: As a global traveler, he is highly familiar with tactics and strategy regarding the 'global game' making him an excellent 'coach on the field'. Easily one of, if not the, fastest operatives on the pitch allowing him to close in on attacking players with efficient ease.
Known Weaknesses: Hates to lose. Will be harsh on fellow teammates mistakes. May draw cards due to aggressive play, especially if his team falls behind.
Suggested Position***: Sweeper/Center Back
AI Behavior: Tactician/Defensive/Aggressive
Entry Fee: "I call her Maggie" ("Maggie" is a Maadi-Griffin MG-6 50cal semi-auto sniper rifle...it's his spare)
Coach Vote:
-Alpha: ME!
-Group Mod: You can't vote for yourself!
-Alpha: What?!!
-Group Mod: Vote Again!!
-Alpha: Fine, I vote for Olga.
Captain Vote:
-Alpha: ME!!!
-Group Mod: Oh forget it!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Crystal Evans
Specs*: (STR 6, AGL 10 , INT 7) (Gen 2)
Known Strengths:  Experienced city-style street player. Dribbles and passes incredibly well. Attacks the open field willingly. Takes to aerial kicks like a pro.
Known Weaknesses: Though a solid touch passer, she usually puts too much into her shots on goal. Aggressiveness often leads to reckless play. Not a team player in the slightest bit. Will sometimes use the ball to clear defenders, thus a potential 'ejection risk'. (think 'headshots')
Suggested Position***: Center Midfielder/ Center Forward
AI Behavior: Attacker/Aggressive/Violent
Entry Fee: One fine crate of quality Bavarian microbrew.
Coach Vote: Ferro (she wants to see her suit get dirty and the results therein)
Captain Vote: "Don't care!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...and now a blast from the past...

Name: Alexander Milani
Specs*: (STR 4, AGL 7, INT 1)
Known Strengths: A great analyzer of opposing teams tactics. Keeps great track of team statistics. Makes an excellent batch of sports drink from whatever flavored canned powder is available.
Known Weaknesses: Has absolutely no idea how to play football aside from kicking the ball toward the opposing team's area. Not particularly strong. Not particularly fast. Only participating because the Director said that if Tea had to do it, so did Alexander.
Suggested Position***: Utility Player...as in an absolute last resort substitution regardless of position.
AI Behavior: Passive
Entry Fee: Should his team lose, Alexander's services shall be at the disposal of his teams coaches and captain's for one day...each.
Coach Vote: Ferro

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2561

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Tue 27 Sep 2016 - 18:20

TSM: I note your girls haven't voted. *Shifty eyes* Holding off on that until they get a little more integrated?

Got it. Their selection process will be part of a post.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronic Guardian on Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 18:28

Hey all,

So, the move to phase 2 has been pushed back until this coming weekend. Once the team captains have been chosen, we'll distribute the players through a skype session back and forth and then post the results in summary. Also, seeing as Triela is a near unanimous choice at this point, does anyone in particular want to play her (possibly, I don't know, our own Triela?) or shall I handle her team picks?

Regarding one Alpha Lautani the superman, I'm wondering if we can possibly put him in as a makeshift coach who takes to the field in phase 5 when his team starts running out of players. That way, the girls get a little more time to shine before his polish and power hits the scene. Would that be alright with you, Boomer?

Finally, thank you all for your patience and participation. I hope we will all enjoy ourselves in the coming weeks.

Keep it kickin',
-CG

Chronic Guardian

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 19:41

I was planning to have my girls push for Tri as captain, and Alpha as coach. I think Booms would approve.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 20:12

Sorry for being so slow. Work keeping me busy and occasionally mentally drained. I hope to have my next post up sometime soon within the next day or so. As I've spent too long already, I'll punt Breska to someone else. Sorry about that CG, but there will be more opportunities, of course.

Oh, and I also agree with you guys on having Alpha as coach...

PSVT

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by topgearbrzgt86 on Tue 4 Oct 2016 - 21:11

Hey, CG, is there room for one more in the mix? I counted up the players, and we have 23 cyborgs signed up.

Name: Davina Angkahan-Valerio
Specs: 5 STR, 10 AGL, 7 INT
Known Strengths: Like Jamiebel, Davina is extremely quick as a Gen-2, because of track-and-field experience; she is more familiar with the Beautiful Game more than her younger cousin is, as well as slightly stronger; will put in 110% for her team, no matter what.
Known Weaknesses: Davina can get ahead of herself at times, so she can make an unintended tackle, leading to conceding free kicks or penalties
Suggested Position: Left Midfielder/Center-Defensive Midfielder/Leftback
AI Behavior: Cohesive Defense, Tactician/Aggressive
Entry Fee: Davina will do one particular cyborg’s chores for one week.
Coach Vote: Alessandro Ricci
Captain Vote: Jamiebel

topgearbrzgt86

Male

-Fernando Alonso

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Wed 5 Oct 2016 - 1:51

@Thescarredman wrote:I was planning to have my girls push for Tri as captain, and Alpha as coach. I think Booms would approve.

I have no problem with that at all. As a matter of fact it will add more flexibility to the plot I had where Crystal fudged around with some paperwork and got Alpha listed as her temp guardian while Alpha still listed as a 'cyborg agent'. All for the sake of being able to play some footy and do something fun for once.

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Sun 9 Oct 2016 - 13:22

And so...who wants to kick around a ball with Alexander.

XD

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronic Guardian on Tue 11 Oct 2016 - 20:00

Okay! Priscilla and Triela are both coach and captain respectively. However, we are experiencing a little difficulty determining the runner ups. For captain, we have Claes and Jamiebel and for Coach we have Alpha, Marco, and Sandro. Since there may be a grand total of 4 Coaches, I recommend we authorize all four.

Boomer, who would Alpha work best with? If you have a preference (since you'll be writing most of his stuff, I want you to be able to choose your "partner") then let me know.

For captain, I'm leaning on letting Jamiebel have the vote for participation sake. While I love the idea of Claes and Triela going head to head (oh, the roommate drama!) this isn't a project to fulfill my fantasies, it's a project to get everyone involved. Does anyone have any objections to this movement or shall I send it through and start Phase 2?

Chronic Guardian

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Tue 11 Oct 2016 - 20:15

Sounds good to me, so long as the OCs' creators (Booms and TG) feel up to the challenge.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Tue 11 Oct 2016 - 22:03

I'm fine with it as well. Otherwise, I'll try to keep up, though this weekend will be busy with me working and being away. We'll see how it goes.

PSVT

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by topgearbrzgt86 on Wed 12 Oct 2016 - 0:52

Sure, I'll let Jamiebel captain the second team. I'm so excited for Phase 2 Wink

topgearbrzgt86

Male

-Fernando Alonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronic Guardian on Wed 12 Oct 2016 - 9:55

Okay, results are in!

Jamie and Triela have been picked as captains and have now chosen their teams. After a coin toss determining Triela as the winner, they have divied up the cyborgs on the field between them with the remaining cyborgs distributed evenly in order of entry.

The first team, Cacciatori delle Dolomiti, is headed by Triela. Her teammates are
-Eleonora Rossi
-Verotrois Mayfair
-Claes
-Quistis Trepe
-Rico
-Valentina Rossi
-Henrietta
-Beatrice
-Angelica
-Tea
-Sally

As the coin toss winner, she could also have first pick for coach. What do you guys think? Would she snap up Alpha? Would it be ironic to separate him from Crystal like that? I'll leave it up to a show of hands.

Team two, I Valchirie e Volpe, is headed by Jamiebel Angkahan. Her chosen teammates are
-Crystal
-Davina
-Jim
-Aria
-Alexander
-Kristal
-Terra
-Breska
-Sierra
-Sarah
-Petra

*This draft was carried out over skype. The characters selected their teammates using our interpretations of their judgment. If you see something inherently wrong in this matchup, speak now or forever hold your peace. Failing that, in the infamous words of one Col. Roy Mustang, "If you have objections, get over them." Now let's divide the coaches and get ready for Phase 2: Gearing Up!

Last edited by Chronic Guardian on Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 18:44; edited 1 time in total

Chronic Guardian

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Wed 12 Oct 2016 - 12:03

@Chronic Guardian wrote:As the coin toss winner, she could also have first pick for coach. What do you guys think? Would she snap up Alpha? Would it be ironic to separate him from Crystal like that? I'll leave it up to a show of hands.

It wouldn't be ironic...it'd be hilarious!!

Also I'll personally prefer Marco as he would most likely better compliment Alpha's intensity. Sandro might try and take command and at inopportune times to boot.

Last edited by boomer_gonz on Wed 12 Oct 2016 - 23:23; edited 1 time in total

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Wed 12 Oct 2016 - 22:02

I note that all the canon cyborgs are on the same team. Any reason?
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronic Guardian on Thu 13 Oct 2016 - 0:06

*shrugs* Triela's more familiar and Jamie probably doesn't want to deal with the unique problems that come with first gens. If we want, we could put Petra with the Valkyries, particularly seeing as Sandro will probably be their coach.

Of course, if Petra were playing against Sandro, (much like Crystal against Alpha) it could be interesting. Then again, mayhaps we'd better not beat that dynamic into the ground, eh?

Also, because Breska is on Crystal's team, the moment she finds out Crystal's entry fee she's going to consider a sell-out/double cross and might recruit Vee as an accomplice. Of course, if Quis catches wind of it they'll all be in trouble. Whatcha think, possible plotline?

Chronic Guardian

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronic Guardian on Sat 15 Oct 2016 - 14:16

Okay, Phase 2 is in action! If you want your cyborgs to form bonds with any of their teammates or suggest strategies, now is the time to do so. Also, coaches like Priss, Sandro, and Marco are fair game for anyone to claim. Their job is to organize the girls and help the team captain come up with a plan of attack; including but not limited to assigning positions.

Finally, because I figured Jamie's team was down a girl and I'm not sure if Polos will have the time to bring his girls to the field, Petra has been assigned to the Valkyries.

Alright, keep it going! If you don't I'll just be spamming you and nobody wants that. Let's get ready to play some futbol!

Chronic Guardian

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Sun 16 Oct 2016 - 12:07

And one last minute entry (if nobody minds that is) to even out the teams...

Name: Tea (Gen Zero/Gen 1 Hybrid)
Specs*: (STR 7, AGL 5, INT 3)
Known Strengths: Can pick up new skills fairly quickly. Easily will adapt to game changes and new positions. Practically stressless.
Known Weaknesses: Smaller stature will limit her effectiveness as a scorer. Though capable, she is severely inexperienced as a footballer and thus will need to be coached from the sideline consistently.
Suggested Position***: Left-Right Forward/Midfielder
AI Behavior: Even Tempered/Determined
Entry Fee: As the Director's Assistant, Director Lorenzo has agreed to provide one paid day off to the handler's of the players on the winning side.
Coach Vote: Alpha
Captain Vote: Alpha

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Sun 16 Oct 2016 - 12:50

Tea? What team will she be on, the one with the missing player?

Never mind, just read the post. Wink
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronic Guardian on Sat 22 Oct 2016 - 1:36

A note to our authors in play,

While I understand and respect that we each play by our own self-set rules I feel that a little clarification may "grease the wheels" to this scenario. Please think of the characters here as a "save as" copy of originals. This is a test lab, not a live fire course. Sure, have consistency with the past, but don't be afraid to experiment either. Once this is all over, it will be as if it never happened in the respective fanons. In the meantime, use this opportunity to test things out with your characters. Enjoy the opportunity of interaction.

I probably should have put this in sooner, but have an idea of what you want your cyborg to take away from the game. If they win, what entry fee will they select? Is it significant to them or their handler? In the meantime, how do they feel about their teammates? Will they try to work together and bring others up to speed? Or will they strike out on their own?

Naturally, these are only sample scenarios. Don't be afraid to add on, or to throw ideas out here in the planning thread. But also, please take advantage of the collaborative environment. If you want to get your cyborg to a certain point, start looking at other players who can help her get there. I want Quistis to enjoy the game, to get caught up in the heat of the moment and actually feel good about that perfect placement of judgment as she passes to the correct player and fulfills her duty in this context. I want Breska to learn to look beyond her fratello. She'll learn that lesson hard when she betrays her team at the end of Phase 3.

Aria isn't here to develop. She's a support role to anyone who needs her. She's a social butterfly who loves everyone. She doesn't see this as an opportunity to beat the other team, she sees it as an opportunity to work with others.

Terra's big moment so far is mostly going to be stepping in to pull Breska out from under her own anvil at the end of Phase 3. Her "triumph" in this story will probably have very little to do with the game. In fact, she will likely do very poorly. She's that kid who gets picked for a team, but would honestly rather be watching. She'll mostly be a melancholy foil for the rest of her team's enthusiasm.

Pin thoughts like this out there not just for yourself, but for the rest of the group. I don't know about anyone else, but my personal rules for writing in this RP are to look at the situation and try to figure out how all characters involved would react even if they aren't my own. My latest short post involves Crystal not because I said to myself "I want to write Crystal", but because I felt Crystal would be peeved at yet another snag in her plan to victory: disloyal teammates. This is, of course, setting up a red herring for Breska's later treason as Aria will never consider going against her teammates.

I do understand that this is risky business and we should all be EXTREMELY careful with borrowing; but I also want to again emphasize that this is a testing ground. The characters that come about here don't have to be 100% loyal to canon (although, they're more fun if they stay consistent). This isn't license to change them, of course, but it is encouragement to try approaching them. Think outside your box and see what the rest of the world can offer your plans.

That said, I'll try to be posting again soon. Thank you all for your interest and contributions so far. I apologize for being the radical in the room and do recognize my ideas will never fly outside this specific context (they might not even fly within /this/ context!); but I appreciate your willingness to dialogue with me on the subject. Hopefully, together, we will have a very enjoyable ride.

Regards,
-CG

Chronic Guardian

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Sat 22 Oct 2016 - 14:52

Chronic, I heartily applaud your attitude. I like the idea of using the collab (any collab, really) as an opportunity to hone all our writing skills, particularly those having to do with plotting and characterization. Learning how to work together to create something we can all be proud of is a big plus too. I have very specific ideas about how I want to write my characters, but in this format, they're community property, freely loaned to learn how other writers see them and what they would do with them. My fellow members have created a wonderful selection of characters, and you've placed them in a situation that allows them to shine. Let's all try to take full advantage of a marvelous opportunity, and have some fun too.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronic Guardian on Sun 23 Oct 2016 - 11:26

Speaking of collaborating ideas, Tri's initial strategy more closely resembles an escort phalanx than a traditional soccer formation.  Of Eleonora and Vee, the two experts on her team, which would object first and how gently would they break it to our dear princess that football isn't war? If either PSVT or TSM would like to collaborate with me on the idea, give me a skype poke.

Chronic Guardian

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT on Sun 23 Oct 2016 - 19:31

I'm fine with collaborating with you. A three-way collaboration may be even better if TSM can do so as well.

PSVT

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Wed 8 Feb 2017 - 18:58

Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Wed 8 Feb 2017 - 20:55

Is that Kristal?

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Thu 9 Feb 2017 - 3:35

@boomer_gonz wrote:Is that Kristal?
I think it's Petra isn't it?

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5730

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Thu 9 Feb 2017 - 13:56

Petra it is. Now we know what her uniform looks like.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronic Guardian on Sun 19 Feb 2017 - 1:16

Hey... so it took a while, but we're now officially done with Phase 2. Now would be a good time for us to discuss referees and get ready to jump into Phase 3. I apologize that my attention is a little split at the moment, but I'll of course try to jump in every now and again to help where I can. Special thanks to Boomer and TSM (in collaboration with TopGear) for stepping up to the plate and delivering the last pieces of strategy needed to wrap this section up. Now comes the fun part where the girls pass, miss, run, and generally make a mess of things as they try to play football. Will the competent elements be enough to carry their teams? Or will things quickly devolve into seeing who can punt the ball through the most defenders? I look forward not only to the plays, but their effects on the military cyborgs who know all about war, but very little about sportsmanship.

Let's do this thing!
-CG

Chronic Guardian

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Mon 20 Feb 2017 - 17:32

Boomer's inserted his little fun piece. Time for the organized mayhem.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Mon 20 Feb 2017 - 20:54

I guess something went wonky in preview mode. Sorry. sweat

boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Sun 5 Mar 2017 - 19:42

Now that the game is starting ... maybe we should designate the referees? They'll have to be able to keep up with the players. I'm imagining Priss in a striped shirt, riding her Vespa and blowing a whistle...
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum