Fall 2017 Anime Round-Up

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fall 2017 Anime Round-Up

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 2 Dec 2017 - 16:11

Get to start a bit early this time thanks to the second season of Yuki Yuna being broken into two distinct parts - a prequel and a sequel to the 2015 series.

Yūki Yūna wa Yūsha de Aru: Washio Sumi no Shō

Disciplined 6th grader Sumi Washio isn't the best at making friends, but she has become close to the flighty Nogi and tomboyish Gin because they all have one thing in common. They've been trained to be heroes for the Shinjyu-sama, the treelike god who protects their world. When a bizarre entity called a Vertex crosses the interdimensional boundary zone headed straight for Shinjyu, the trio is transported to the border world, where they take on powered-up forms to combat the Vertex and prevent it from making contact—since it would mean the destruction of the world.

This was the prequel part of the show, covering the Hero System before it was changed to the Mankai System central to the first season and providing back stories to two of the characters from said season. At it's best, it rose to the level of excellence that made the first series a standout and overall it kept the action scenes, the natural character interactions, the soundtrack, and the visuals that were why the first season was so great.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10901

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Fall 2017 Anime Round-Up

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 8 Dec 2017 - 18:48

Recommendation of the Wonderful Virtual Life [Recovery of an MMO Junkie] - A
30-year-old Moriko Morioka has given up on reality! Forget dating and responsibilities—she's escaping to the world of online gaming. Here, she starts a new life as the handsome character Hayashi who, while learning the game, receives help from a beauty named Lily. The longer she plays, the more attached she grows, and soon her online connection will lead to an exciting IRL encounter!

Surprise of the Season for me. A really solid and entertaining Romantic Comedy with a great cast of characters.

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Fri 8 Dec 2017 - 22:22

As with last season, I also caught up on some of the earlier 2017 shows I did not watch when they aired. I've dropped almost all of them, but two made the cut for their excellence:

Scum's Wish - A
Hanabi and Mugi are a super sweet, seemingly perfect couple. Their peers envy them and their impenetrable facade. What they don't know is that Hanabi and Mugi have a not-so-pure secret.
One of the best-written shows I have seen in a long time. And a story told from almost the reverse from what one would expect in an anime industry currently dominated by male wish-fullfilment light novels. Perhaps because it was written by a woman she was able to pull it off so adroitly with such fascinating female characters.

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid - A-
Miss Kobayashi is your average office worker who lives a boring life, alone in her small apartment–until she saves the life of a female dragon in distress. The dragon, named Tohru, has the ability to magically transform into an adorable human girl (albeit with horns and a long tail), who will do anything to pay off her debt of gratitude, whether Miss Kobayashi likes it or not.
A great comedy with some touching moments.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum