Miiko's Art

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Miiko's Art

Post by Guest on Tue 4 Mar 2008 - 20:18

This'll be a place for me to dump my GSG doodles, I suppose, on the off chance that somebody wants to see them. Click on the title for a larger version, if you like the picture!

A full collection of my art can be found on my DeviantArt account.

[EDIT: 3/6/08 New picture of Rico up - "Fiore Bella"]
[EDIT: 3/10/08 New pic - Henrietta]
[EDIT: 3/28/08 MASSIVE ART DUMP]
[EDIT: 4/1/08 Xenomorph Alpha's request - Battlestar Girls]

Cosplay Girls

Rette Mich

Kingdom By the Sea

Drag (this picture also begs for full-size viewing)

Ice Queen

Shiny

Elizbeta

Blue Girl

Henrietta (Gaiden Prototype)

Fiore Bella (<-- full view HIGHLY recommended for this one)

Remorse

Slinky Black Jeans

Save the Dance (<-- full view recommended)

That's all for the moment. Enjoy! ^_^

~Miiko

Last edited by Miiko Ashida on Tue 1 Apr 2008 - 23:47; edited 10 times in total (Reason for editing : coding error)

Back to top Go down

Re: Miiko's Art

Post by Nachtsider on Tue 4 Mar 2008 - 21:21

The last one is best, Miiko - I've given it the praise it deserves on its DeviantArt page.

Welcome to our forum!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 4 Mar 2008 - 23:49

Thank you for the welcome, Nachtsider-san! I'm just sorry I didn't find this forum earlier. It makes me feel like a newb, even though I'm somewhat of a dinosaur to the fandom in general. ^_^U

I'm glad you like that one; I'm fond of it, too, except that with Volume 9 it's now outdated - Rico apparently has sexy model legs, not chubby 10-year-old ones. ;P

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 5 Mar 2008 - 0:07

I agree with Nacht. That one makes me think of the Godfather.

Oh, and a warm welcome to you cheers, by the way.

[edit] Volume 9 outdates? But, but, but... I'm... still on vol 8. *starts bawling like a little kid* Sad I've been waiting for those scanlations forever. Hissy fit (If by any remarkably possitive coincidence you happen to know where I can get my GSG fix, I will be eternally grateful.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Wed 5 Mar 2008 - 0:18

Miiko Ashida wrote:Thank you for the welcome, Nachtsider-san! I'm just sorry I didn't find this forum earlier. It makes me feel like a newb, even though I'm somewhat of a dinosaur to the fandom in general.

You're welcome, Miiko - the error you speak of is nothing serious, and don't forget that you got her legs right in the second picture! But if you're feeling like a dinosaur, then I don't know how *I'm* supposed to feel, considering I've been in this fandom longest out of everyone else here, and am the second ever person to write Gunslinger Girl fanfiction on the entire Web...

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 5 Mar 2008 - 0:28

3klicks wrote:I agree with Nacht. That one makes me think of the Godfather.

Oh, and a warm welcome to you cheers, by the way.

[edit] Volume 9 outdates? But, but, but... I'm... still on vol 8. *starts bawling like a little kid* Sad I've been waiting for those scanlations forever. Hissy fit (If by any remarkably possitive coincidence you happen to know where I can get my GSG fix, I will be eternally grateful.)

The...Godfather? *is not sure whether this is a good or bad thing* I haven't seen it, but Jean seems like the right type of guy. Razz

Thank you for the welcome!

As for Vol. 9: well, Rico just looks like a teenager, that's all. Although her face is still pretty loli, which is a little creepy. ^_^U And what I got wasn't a scanlation; it was a simple scan in Japanese/Korean; I read enough Japanese to decipher the general gist. You can find it in this thread: Vol. 9 Scans!

No gratitude required, but a new friend or at least person to chat with is always welcome. ;P Especially since all of my friends think I'm a nutter for liking GSG, which is why this board and the people on it are a godsend. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 on Wed 5 Mar 2008 - 6:42

Nice art there Miiko, and about the Volume 9 stuff, a Scanlation of that one is being worked on by me. another person around here had the french version and he translated it to english for us.

Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Forum Posts : 1950

Fan of : All the SWA girls, Even the adult ones ^_^

Original Characters : Thomas & Sora Dutch

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 5 Mar 2008 - 10:20

That's great to hear Tommy! I'm not around much anymore so I lost track of what's being done and what is not.

Miiko, I keep myself on a very short leash spoiler wise, so I don't read anything untill I have a translation available. (Needless to say, I pay dearly for my beliefs. Razz )

p.s. - As for teh comparison: it's a good thing, since "The Godfather" is a great movie. It's bloody adn brutal, but what would you expect from a gangster movie. There is a specific scene in which the title gangster dances with a little girls standing on his schooes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thanatos on Wed 5 Mar 2008 - 11:37

The triela one is my favorite, nice pseudo realistic style you have there.

Thanatos

Male

Forum Posts : 140

Fan of : Portugal

Original Characters : DUR HUR

Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Wed 5 Mar 2008 - 19:54

Awww I love the Triela one! ^___^ You have a very nice style. Great job! Very Happy

Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2721

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Utsurokuri on Thu 6 Mar 2008 - 14:55

Very cool work! I look forward to seeing more! =D

p.s. Rico = teh awesome.
Utsurokuri

Female

Forum Posts : 101

Fan of : -points to avatar-

Original Characters : TBA

Registration date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 6 Mar 2008 - 15:45

@Tommygunner70 wrote:Nice art there Miiko, and about the Volume 9 stuff, a Scanlation of that one is being worked on by me. another person around here had the french version and he translated it to english for us.

Thank you!

I'm immensely grateful for all the hard scanlating work you've done. The finished product (what I've seen of it) is clean and professional. Smile *bumbles off to read the translation*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 6 Mar 2008 - 15:49

3klicks wrote:Miiko, I keep myself on a very short leash spoiler wise, so I don't read anything untill I have a translation available. (Needless to say, I pay dearly for my beliefs. Razz )

p.s. - As for teh comparison: it's a good thing, since "The Godfather" is a great movie. It's bloody adn brutal, but what would you expect from a gangster movie. There is a specific scene in which the title gangster dances with a little girls standing on his schooes.

Well, I'll try not to be too spoilerful, then. Razz

I've always liked that pose. Sounds out of place for the movie you described, but still cute.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 6 Mar 2008 - 15:50

@Thanatos wrote:The triela one is my favorite, nice pseudo realistic style you have there.

Yay Triela! Thanks for the feedback. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 6 Mar 2008 - 15:50

@Triela wrote:Awww I love the Triela one! ^___^ You have a very nice style. Great job! Very Happy

Thank you very much. Triela is so popular! ^_^ Hehe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 6 Mar 2008 - 15:52

@Utsurokuri wrote:Very cool work! I look forward to seeing more! =D

p.s. Rico = teh awesome.

Thank you! I'll try to get better. And to, uh, fix photoshop so I don't have to MSPaint everything. XD

Rico is awesome, isn't she?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 6 Mar 2008 - 19:20

Your stuff rocks. o.o I am honestly hard-pressed to find a favorite, though I'd have to go with Triela in the first pic. Cause she's Triela. XD

Rico is just adorable there though. ...You can almost forget how merciless she is.

Although chubby ten-year-old legs Rico could be dancing with Jean to "Stuck In The Middle With You" like in the caption thread, you never know. >_>

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 7 Mar 2008 - 4:06

Xenomorph Alpha wrote:Your stuff rocks. o.o I am honestly hard-pressed to find a favorite, though I'd have to go with Triela in the first pic. Cause she's Triela. XD

Rico is just adorable there though. ...You can almost forget how merciless she is.

Although chubby ten-year-old legs Rico could be dancing with Jean to "Stuck In The Middle With You" like in the caption thread, you never know. >_>

Haha, true that; Triela wins at all things! And thank you for your kind words, though I think it's probably pretty easy to eliminate ugly!Pino and Triela. ^_^U

I love Rico. I updated with a new picture of her, if you want to go see that. Smile

Awww...that is the CUTEST THING EVER. Smile *hums as she draws*

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Fri 7 Mar 2008 - 4:47

Check out your DeviantArt page, Miiko - the new pic's been commented on accordingly.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Fri 7 Mar 2008 - 9:01

that is an adorable Rico pic.
...I wonder how she would kill someone with a sunflower...

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thanatos on Fri 7 Mar 2008 - 9:26

Cute.

Try the other girls if you feel inspired.

Thanatos

Male

Forum Posts : 140

Fan of : Portugal

Original Characters : DUR HUR

Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 7 Mar 2008 - 18:46

@Nachtsider wrote:Check out your DeviantArt page, Miiko - the new pic's been commented on accordingly.

Duly noted. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 7 Mar 2008 - 18:51

@LoC978 wrote:that is an adorable Rico pic.

Reaction went like this: Ooh, I'm glad this person likes it! Yes, she is the most adorable thing ever, isn't she just - oh my god.

Because nothing with GSG can just be sweet. -.-U Nature of the beast I guess.

But really, why would she need to use the sunflower (except for awesome brownie points)?

WE ALL KNOW RICO CAN KILL WITH THE POWER OF HER MIND.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Fri 7 Mar 2008 - 19:47

yeah, I was thinking intimidation points. something like:

Rico somehow kills any armed thugs present with the sunflower, picks up and examines one of their firearms, and tosses it away. She then looks at the remaining men in the room and cracks her knuckles. They all die from shock. Instantly.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 7 Mar 2008 - 20:42

Special Forces operatives are supposed to be able to turn anything into a weapon and I'm sure Jean will get there in his training program sooner or later.

Rico: I wonder what will it be today... I hope it's not a teddy bear again, Triela got pretty upset...

by the way: I wonder what version of the bible Jean would settle for. I mean a thick Christian (old + new testament) illustrated one would have the right mass, but it would be awekward for Rico to handle, so maybe a smaller pocket sized one would prove superior....

(Topic's sliding. sorry. the post reflects my mood.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 7 Mar 2008 - 20:43

@Thanatos wrote:Cute.

Try the other girls if you feel inspired.

I'm actually working on a pic of Angelica and Marco right now, but it's on hard media, so it'll be a pain to post and therefore is lower priority right now. Lazy Miiko is laaaazyyyyyy. ^_^U

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 7 Mar 2008 - 20:47

@LoC978 wrote:yeah, I was thinking intimidation points. something like:

Rico somehow kills any armed thugs present with the sunflower, picks up and examines one of their firearms, and tosses it away. She then looks at the remaining men in the room and cracks her knuckles. They all die from shock. Instantly.

Also very plausible. Razz I was thinking maybe she would use the seeds as gattling-gun bullets (like in the siege scene in the Disney version of Hunchback of Notre Dame) or something. Chipmunk-cheeks Rico. That'd be cute. <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Fri 7 Mar 2008 - 20:49

@LoC978 wrote: I was thinking maybe she would use the seeds as gattling-gun bullets (like in the siege scene in the Disney version of Hunchback of Notre Dame) or something. Chipmunk-cheeks Rico. That'd be cute. <3

Man, I love that show, Miiko - something like that occured in The Mask, too. Considering the inhuman lung power that cyborgs undoubtedly have, one can only imagine how fast those seeds would fly, and what they could therefore punch through. Owch.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 7 Mar 2008 - 20:51

3klicks wrote:Special Forces operatives are supposed to be able to turn anything into a weapon and I'm sure Jean will get there in his training program sooner or later.

Rico: I wonder what will it be today... I hope it's not a teddy bear again, Triela got pretty upset...

by the way: I wonder what version of the bible Jean would settle for. I mean a thick Christian (old + new testament) illustrated one would have the right mass, but it would be awekward for Rico to handle, so maybe a smaller pocket sized one would prove superior....

(Topic's sliding. sorry. the post reflects my mood.

Random is always good.

LOL @ teddy bear. Oh, dear...

Illustrated, leather-and-wood-bound with brass corners. Best for bludgeoning. If Henrietta can wield a ten foot long bench, Rico can manage a clunky Bible. With blasphemous results.

Off topic FOR THE WIN!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 7 Mar 2008 - 20:54

Miiko Ashida wrote:

But really, why would she need to use the sunflower (except for awesome brownie points)?

NOW LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE.

You - I - someone ought to be ashamed of this. Crack is just too much of a temptatio. :( Don't encourage me!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 7 Mar 2008 - 20:58

@Nachtsider wrote:Man, I love that show, Miiko - something like that occured in The Mask, too. Considering the inhuman lung power that cyborgs undoubtedly have, one can only imagine how fast those seeds would fly, and what they could therefore punch through. Owch.

Doesn't everyone? Although Rico doesn't really remind me of any of the gargoyles - more like Quasimodo, except schizo. And with a mean side.

"True Fact: Rico's sunflower seed spitwads can travel up to 240 mph and pierce bulletproof vests. Depending on availability of ammunition, she can shoot up to 85 projectiles per minute." XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Fri 7 Mar 2008 - 21:06

"Screw Dragunovs... we have sunflower seeds."

Epic win.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 7 Mar 2008 - 21:20

@Nachtsider wrote:"Screw Dragunovs... we have sunflower seeds."

XD

Makes sense, doesn't it? I mean, now we know why they really let Claes have that garden. Farmer Claes is really Naturopathic Munitions Dealer Claes! (...I'm pretty sure that is a really wrong use of "naturopathic".)

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor on Sat 8 Mar 2008 - 0:47

You're very compete!!

Like the last one and its title remind me the movie : Save the last dance.

Cheers!

http://on.fb.me/9tuZOK Facebook Page for Cyborg Central : Gunslinger Girl Forum cheers
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1637

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Utsurokuri on Sat 8 Mar 2008 - 0:59

Good job! yay! more of Rico!

I just itching to get my Rico picture but alas I have to wait for a scanner...><;
Utsurokuri

Female

Forum Posts : 101

Fan of : -points to avatar-

Original Characters : TBA

Registration date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 8 Mar 2008 - 1:23

@emperor wrote:You're very compete!!

Like the last one and its title remind me the movie : Save the last dance.

Cheers!

Thank you very much. Smile

Yay, someone got the reference! *gives brownie points* That's such a great movie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 8 Mar 2008 - 1:26

@Utsurokuri wrote:Good job! yay! more of Rico!

I just itching to get my Rico picture but alas I have to wait for a scanner...><;

Thanks! And yes, always more of Rico. Smile

Ooh, I hope I'll get to seeyour picture when you put it up!

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor on Sat 8 Mar 2008 - 1:40

Miiko Ashida wrote:
Miiko Ashida wrote:

NOW LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE.

You - I - someone ought to be ashamed of this. Crack is just too much of a temptatio. Sad Don't encourage me!

Cyborg PAPARAZZI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

head bang

It's plausible to be Sandro!!

just whistlin'
emperor

Male

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sat 8 Mar 2008 - 2:02

Heavens, Miiko, Emperor's right - you ought to have made Sandro the luckless guy on the receiving end of Rico's stare...

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 8 Mar 2008 - 18:31

@emperor wrote:Cyborg PAPARAZZI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

head bang

It's plausible to be Sandro!!

just whistlin'

LOL

Oh...oh dear. You're quite right, of course. XD

(I was sort of thinking of him when I drew the guy's hair, but he's so tiny you wouldn't be able to tell anyway. XD)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 9 Mar 2008 - 22:10

*See pics* ... *GASP!* ...

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor on Mon 10 Mar 2008 - 8:42

Make more art by your talent,Miiko.

Very Happy

http://on.fb.me/9tuZOK Facebook Page for Cyborg Central : Gunslinger Girl Forum cheers
emperor

Male

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 10 Mar 2008 - 18:14

@Colonel Marksman wrote:*See pics* ... *GASP!* ...

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!!!!!!

Thank you! Smile

They're really adorable girls. Rico's hard to make not cute... <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 10 Mar 2008 - 18:15

@emperor wrote:Make more art by your talent,Miiko.

Very Happy

*salutes* Yes, sir! ;P

And thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Mon 10 Mar 2008 - 18:39

Excellent work there, Miiko.
I expect more! MORE!!!

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5667

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 10 Mar 2008 - 18:51

@ElfenMagix wrote:Excellent work there, Miiko.
I expect more! MORE!!!

Haha, thank you! ^_^

Elizabeta should actually be coming soon. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 10 Mar 2008 - 21:04

They're really adorable girls.
Adorable? Adorable, yes, but apparently, you don't know my level of "Cute".

IOW, "cute" and "sexy" are almost the same in my book. just whistlin'

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 10 Mar 2008 - 23:52

@Colonel Marksman wrote:
They're really adorable girls.
Adorable? Adorable, yes, but apparently, you don't know my level of "Cute".

IOW, "cute" and "sexy" are almost the same in my book. just whistlin'

...I...I honestly don't know whether to be pleased or apalled that I have rendered the girls "cute" in a way that is actually "sexy", but, um, thanks?

XD

(PS: I suppose it is possible for the two to overlap. But I have seen sexy Henrietta, and it's a haunting thing. o.o)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Tue 11 Mar 2008 - 1:02

@Colonel Marksman wrote:IOW, "cute" and "sexy" are almost the same in my book.just whistlin'

Sounds like naivete to me, Colonel. Those two categories don't always overlap.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Mar 2008 - 12:13

:lollol: ... just whistlin'

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top