RPG Discussion Thread Two (Rome RPG)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RPG Discussion Thread Two (Rome RPG)

Post by Piero on Fri 14 Mar 2008 - 0:21

The other discussion thread was getting rather long, and I also felt it would be a good idea to have a discussion thread among the actual RPG threads rather then in a seperate sub forum. Hopefully people will notice this thread with the new position.

Anyway, to re-iterate: the story is going to branch a bit after the rescue mission with the informant is complete. One branch will have Claes being pressed into service to help Marcello with a mission involving surveillance. Another will have some of the girls assigned to do VIP protection, likely working undercover to protect the daughter of a prominent politician. The last branch will be for the girls who remain at the SWA compound. Something may happen to keep them busy (though that may not be necessary if the players for the characters can find enough stuff to keep them occupied within the compound).

The big question at this point is who will be involved in which branches of the story. Claes will obviously be involved in the first branch. The other girls will be split between the VIP protection branch and the branch for the girls who are left behind at the compound. At this point, I think Beatrice is pretty much guaranteed a spot on the VIP protection group. I'd also been thinking of putting Diana in that group. She's inexperienced, but I'm thinking her handler may be along as a driver for the protection detail, so she ended up being stuck on as a backup of sorts (she's supposed to follow instructions from the more experienced girls during the mission). Assuming that Beatrice and Diana are on the detail, the question is who the third girl is. I'm thinking it will either be Triela or Angelica.

Support for Triela being in the VIP protection story
-Seems like a trustworthy choice for actions that require her to operate at arms length from her handler.
-Hillshire doesn't have Marco's eyesight problem, which is an important consideration when the handlers will likely be standing by as a heavily armed backup for the girls (who will be lightly armed thanks to their undercover role).
-Seems to me that Triela has good potential for a storyline where she'd have to interact with ordinary children.

Support for Angelica being in the VIP protection story
-Angelica hasn't played a big role as of yet, and should get some time to shine.
-Panzer's has a new character whose introductory period may kind of be moved to this point in time. Triela's the big sister of sorts for the group, so it might be good to have her back at the SWA to greet Panzer's character and any other newcomers.

Thoughts or opinions on which girl would be a better choice?

Also, if anyone is intrested in joining into the RPG let me know, the period after the mansion mission might be a good place to consider making an entry.

Last edited by Piero on Mon 22 Feb 2010 - 22:37; edited 1 time in total

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Re: RPG Discussion Thread Two (Rome RPG)

Post by Probit Return on Fri 14 Mar 2008 - 12:38

Well, my vote will be biased as all hell, but I want Triela to be on the mission... for obvious reasons. But, hey, if anyone else wants Angie to be on the case, then I'm cool with it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

"What do you mean 'What the hell is a Funyarinpa?' You mean... you don't know?"
"How the hell would I know?"
"How could you not know?! That's... that's practically blasphemous! Say you're sorry! Apologize to the Funyarinpa! Goodness, you are such a rude woman..."
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Forum Posts : 653

Fan of : Stuff

Original Characters : Adrianna, Nero, Abigail, and now Luca

Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 10 Apr 2008 - 0:30

Okay, while there's still a bit to go with the current storyline in the RPG, but I think we're at a point where it might not be a bad idea to at least start thinking about the future of the RPG.

Anyway, as I'd mentioned earlier, I'm planning to split the story into multiple branches. Now, at one time I was thinking that the third branch of the story would concentrate on the characters left behind at the SWA compound. However, I've recently had an idea that I think might make things more interesting for that group. Does anyone remember how Triela did some training with the GIS in one volume? I'd been thinking that perhaps Jean and/or Lorenzo arranged for some of the other girls to do some training with them as well. I see a lot of potential in such a storyline, and in combination with the VIP protection story branch it would provide good justification for the cyborg shortage that sees Claes pressed into service to help Marcello in the first story branch. On the other hand, trying to introduce Panzer's new character at the same time as doing that storyline would present some challenges as a cyborg fresh out of the medical ward might not be that ready for such high intensity training, yet if she doesn't come along she's not going to have anyone to interact with. I also think perhaps there would be potential in doing the storyline later as well.

So what do you guys think? Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could make this work? Or, if I save the GIS storyline for later, what I could use to spice things up for the people left behind at the SWA compound?

(Edit: If your idea is something that contains big surprises that would
be best unspoiled for other players, please consider sending it to me
via PM. If spoilers aren't an issue, then post here.)

Or, for that matter, are you people even that worried about getting in on the action? What do you people want to see in this RPG? I'm planning to do both character interaction and action stuff, but does anyone have a preference for tipping the balance one way or the other?

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Thu 10 Apr 2008 - 1:52

I like the GIS idea

Photobucket
Just cause I'm dead, doesn't mean I can't be your Loli Fantasy!
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Forum Posts : 1747

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 10 Apr 2008 - 11:44

Well, as I said, I think it has potential. (I'm a little reluctant to talk about some of the specifics because of spoilers, but I can definitely see some potential for conflicts and the girls getting a chance to prove their worth.) The problem however it how to handle the incorporation of Panzer's new character (and any other new characters that come along before then) if we do the GIS storyline.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Thu 10 Apr 2008 - 21:51

I'm for what ever.

Strive for your next breath.  Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one.  Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

T-Minus 15.193792102158E+9 years until the universe closes!

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 17 Apr 2008 - 11:50

Hey, does anyone feel Diana is getting a little too Sue-ish as of late? I'm a bit worried about how well liked she may end up being given some of my future plans. Not that I really want her to be heavily disliked, but does it seem odd to anyone that a newcomer would manage to get on good terms with everyone else so quickly?

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Thu 17 Apr 2008 - 22:00

Hey, does anyone feel Diana is getting a little too Sue-ish as of late?
I'm a bit worried about how well liked she may end up being given some
of my future plans. Not that I really want her to be heavily disliked,
but does it seem odd to anyone that a newcomer would manage to get on
good terms with everyone else so quickly?

Why not? There are people who are simply so likeable, you just have to drop all prejudices and huggle them. Angie is one. And we all know she's pretty flawed.

*pauses*

Angie~!!!

*huggles*

Well, if Diana is invincible, all-knowing and completely without a personality flaw, that's when we're supposed to start to worry. Right?

Just expand on her character a bit. You don't have to outright give her a flaw. For all you know, some of her already-established traits are flaws.

Example: My OC Rolito's confidence in himself, while inspiring at certain points, is also dangerous for all involved, as will be shown in a future chapter of LGO- once I get over describing the damn apartment he's currently living in.

I so hate architecture...

Anyway, do your best, Piero-san!
Sheo Darren

Male

Forum Posts : 389

Fan of : Mami Tomoe

Original Characters : Rolito, Giuseppe, Elena; Julia, Peppina; Jess, Masakari

Registration date : 2008-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Fri 18 Apr 2008 - 13:09

Honestly Diana hasn't seen enough screen time to be a Mary Sue yet. That's just my Opinion though.

Strive for your next breath.  Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one.  Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

T-Minus 15.193792102158E+9 years until the universe closes!

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum