Cosplay

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Cosplay

Post by Guest on Thu 26 Jun 2008 - 21:45

Anime conventions weird me out. Don't get me wrong, the tables and tables of plasticky and colorful goods feed my rampant consumerism.

But I am repulsed by all of the weeaboo pride. There is just too much eye-squinting, peace-sign holding, pocky chomping, squealing 13-year-old girls running around. I just want to slap them and have a heart to heart chat about how no matter how much makeup, hair dye, eye squinting or overpriced Japanese goods you utilize, no one is ever going to think that you're cool or even Japanese.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Thu 26 Jun 2008 - 21:51

Soha Brote wrote:But I am repulsed by all of the weeaboo pride. There is just too much eye-squinting, peace-sign holding, pocky chomping, squealing 13-year-old girls running around. I just want to slap them and have a heart to heart chat about how no matter how much makeup, hair dye, eye squinting or overpriced Japanese goods you utilize, no one is ever going to think that you're cool or even Japanese.
Quoted for absolute truth. That crowd can be pretty damn rude to less diehard fans, too.

Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Forum Posts : 5718

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Thu 26 Jun 2008 - 22:26

Soha Brote wrote:Anime conventions weird me out. Don't get me wrong, the tables and tables of plasticky and colorful goods feed my rampant consumerism.

Words right outta my mouth.

rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Forum Posts : 1380

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Sun 11 Jan 2009 - 18:06

Super Special Awesome ultra sexy revival topic GO!

OMG you guys I'm having SUUUCH a bad crisis right now!! ;_;

I'm trying to find sites that have pre-made cosplay outfits for the ones I want but they're either too expensive or they just don't have them. ;_;

I would buy cloth to make it, or buy different pieces and put them together. but I just don't know how to go about doing it. ;_;

These are my ideas:

Triela
Tai- Digimon
Link- Twilight Princess version
Milly- Baten Kaitos Origins

Kalas- Baten Kaitos Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean

Kurama- Yu Yu Hakusho

Wanderer- Shadow of the Colossus

I REALLY want to cosplay as Wanderer, but I have no idea how to go about making it... If I have to I'll just re-use my Henrietta and Nana cosplays. ;_;

If anyone knows how to go about making some of these or knows where I can find a place to get them please post them. =D Run Triela! Run!

Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Forum Posts : 2722

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 11 Jan 2009 - 18:16

I have not cos-played since like Anime Expo in the early 1990's. (Well, technically I have, but Star Trek doesn't count. Smile )

I went as Samson and my friend went as Nadia. We ran into someone as Jean and someone as Grandis so it worked out great. Then the next year I went as Ryouga from Ranma 1/2.

I attend the San Diego Comic Con each year and you see some insanely good - and insanely bad - outfits there from all over the place - anime, television, movies, video games, comics, etc. Last year with Avatar: The Last Airbender ending just before the con, you had enough people to actually populate a Water Tribe or an Earth Nation city or a Fire Nation village. Smile

Anyway, to your question. You might want to look into seamstresses in your area. I don't know what kind of budget (if any) and lead-time you have, but sometimes there are people who do this for fun.

Also, sometimes you can get away with following the "spirit" of the outfit even if it is not a perfect reproduction. So perhaps simplify the pattern on Wanderer's cloak a bit. That way, people still recognize it (and your character).

Triela would be cool from a GSG angle. Kurama looks pretty straight-forward. The two video game characters look like pretty exotic and complicated outfits.

And your earlier costumes - cheers

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10889

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Sun 11 Jan 2009 - 18:49

Thanks for the suggestions! ^_^ I think asking someone to do it for me would be too expensive though, seeing as how much detail has to go into it...

I just talked to my mom about my cosplay and she said that Wanderer sounded easy enough after I finish the cloak thing. She said I should paint the design on, but I'm still not sure...

I think one day I'm gonna go to a fabric store to buy some fabric I need. I started saving for my cosplay, so I have a meager 30$. ;_;

The thing is I'm going to England, so that's why I'm pressed from money, and my mom still doesn't have a job. Last year and the year before, my mom helped me buy almost all of my cosplay, but this year I want to buy it all and sew it all myself...

Triela

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 11 Jan 2009 - 18:59

Maybe some kind of white fabric tape? Or something you can iron on? That way you could lay out the design on the tunic.

Looking at this pic:

It looks like green shorts with some lighter green banding around the legs. Maybe you could use ironing tape (it's two-sided, heat-activated) to attach the bands to the shorts.

The blue headband is easy. The sandals kind of look complicated, but maybe strips of blue cloth wrapped around your legs with a blue "front" that could attach via velcro at the top, middle and bottom? And maybe a large yellow sweater? So you can add brown shoulder pads and the brown belt?

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Sun 11 Jan 2009 - 22:51

Thanks again!! ^__^ I don't know I'm thinking about getting some cheap cloth, like sheet or something, and cut out the pieces individually for the cloak. I know it'll be time consuming, but it'll look nice.

The shirt underneith the cloak shouldn't be that bad either... I hope...

The shorts don't look like they need much material to make, and sadly I don't have the shorts this time, like with my Nana cosplay... Maybe if I ask around my friends might have some cloth they don't want any more. XD

Yeah the headband is easy. I can just get a piece of cloth and put a few stitches into it. The sandals do look complicated, but then again my Nana sneakers weren't exact either. I can just buy some cheap sandals and wrap thinly cut cloth around my legs and I'll use the same cloth for around my wrists. The "bandages" around my lower arms and legs are no problem. I have those already.

Triela

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 11 Jan 2009 - 23:04

@Triela wrote:Thanks again!! ^__^ I don't know I'm thinking about getting some cheap cloth, like sheet or something, and cut out the pieces individually for the cloak. I know it'll be time consuming, but it'll look nice.

Indeed. Actually, considering how complex the pattern on the top half of the tunic is, it might be easier to start with a large swath of white cloth and use a knife to cut out the "empty" spaces rather then cut so many individual strips.

The shorts don't look like they need much material to make, and sadly I don't have the shorts this time, like with my Nana cosplay... Maybe if I ask around my friends might have some cloth they don't want any more. XD

Looking at it again, are they shorts or a skirt? For the lighter green part, probably just take a wide swath of material and then cut the "notches" on the top. The lower row of notches are so small I don't think they would be missed if you didn't put them in and it would save time. If it is a skirt, you could probably just pin it on and that way you could re-use the skirt when done.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Sun 11 Jan 2009 - 23:12

Hmm that's an evan better idea! Or I can use tape to tape off the white pieces and use a cloth dye to make the rest brown. There's another idea! ^o^

They're shorts. (Waha! Wanderer in a skirt!) XD They don't look that hard to make, if it does come to that. Or maybe I can buy some plain green shorts and buy a foot of lighter green cloth to go around it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 11 Jan 2009 - 23:16

@Triela wrote:Hmm that's an evan better idea! Or I can use tape to tape off the white pieces and use a cloth dye to make the rest brown. There's another idea! ^o^

If the dye would not "leech" too far past the taped areas, that would be much easier, to be sure. Good

They're shorts. (Waha! Wanderer in a skirt!) XD

Okay. I wasn't sure from that one picture. And men wore, will not "skirts" per se, but things like them in many ancient cultures. Razz

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Mon 12 Jan 2009 - 15:27

Thanks for all the ideas! I'm gonna see if I can go to a fabric store this weekend. I wanna get this cosplay done asap!! ^___^

I'm trying to find a place to get my sword made, but so far no luck, or it's too expensive to get a commission done. ;_; All I want is his sword made of wood, and I would paint it myself. ;_;

I know this is a long shot but maybe some people here have had experiance with making stuff like this. I'm willing to pay you, but not much since I don't have the money as of now. Then again the convention is in June, but I don't want to wait till the last minute. >_<

Ahhh the wonders of cosplay.

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO on Tue 13 Jan 2009 - 5:32

That sword doesn't seem as though it would be too hard to make - whether from wood or metal. Heck, if you have a good rep with your school and they have tech stuff there, you may well be able to make it yourself... And if all else fails, who says cardboard is a bad idea? Razz

The Eagle

He clasps the crag with crooked hands;
Close to the sun in lonely lands,
Ring'd with the azure world, he stands.

The wrinkled sea beneath him crawls;
He watches from his mountain walls,
And like a thunderbolt he falls.

Alfred Tennyson - 1851
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Forum Posts : 1111

Fan of : Triela!

Original Characters : Keetha & Alcide

Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Tue 13 Jan 2009 - 5:59

it is pretty plain-Jane for a magical, Colossus killing weapon... always kinda reminded me of a Crusader's sword, what with the round pommel, short straight handguard and straight, double-edged blade...
Spoiler:

Crusader (Teutonic Knight)'s Sword:

...then again, it also looks a little like some renditions of Excalibur. Maybe it's not so plain.

wouldn't be too hard to cut out of cardboard, or a piece of wood on a lathe followed by some paint... hell, even paper-mâché could do the trick (I'd totally get the Excalibur replica if it were me)

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Tue 13 Jan 2009 - 8:49

I think wood is my best bet. I kinda made up my mind about it when I saw this:
http://TyphoidMary.deviantart.com/art/SoC-Wander-s-sword-105335085

If I have a real sword they wont let me in because it's a weapon, and in a convention the cardboard wouldn't last a day. The wood is a better option because I want it to last as well.

I have no experiance with wood working and I just don't have the time to learn . I guess I'll talk to my mom about it...

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO on Tue 13 Jan 2009 - 10:15

Ah, that thing is made of both wood and resin. From what I hear, resin is easier to work than wood (though not as long lasting). But don't quote me on that, I'm not an expert Razz

The Eagle

Alfred Tennyson - 1851
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela-Chan on Tue 13 Jan 2009 - 12:12

I´m not sure if it´ll work but what about black polymer clay? It´s very light and hard when it´s dry and it´s easy to form! And it isn´t that expensive...well ,you´d had to buy much so it could get expensive ^_^;;; It hasn´t to be BLACK polymer clay but you wouldn´t have to paint it if it was black.... if you paint it, you won´t have to buy extra colors ,normal colors work great

Triela-Chan
The Sakurazukamori

Female

Forum Posts : 786

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire

Original Characters : ääähm...

Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Tue 13 Jan 2009 - 15:43

Thanks for the other ideas. Atually I contacted the girl that made the sword on DA and she said it would cost 115$. I can't afford that! I want my entire cosplay to be that much, including the sword. I guess I'm going to be a sword-less Wanderer, unless I use a lightsaber. bang head

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 13 Jan 2009 - 15:59

I would still think it would not be that hard to make the sword out of wood. I would think you could find wood at similar widths, depths and lengths at a hardware supply store and with a handsaw and a chisel you could do it. Then some primer to seal it and paint.

I would think the materials and tools costs would not be too bad, and if you know people (like neighbors?) with a saw and chisel, that would save you the tool costs.

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Tue 13 Jan 2009 - 16:06

True. My mom was a roofer for a while so I know she has had experience with wood and stuff... but she's so busy looking for a job lately and she has so much going on. I feel bad asking for her help yet again. If I try to make the sword on my own it'll turn out to be a disaster. ;_;

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Tue 13 Jan 2009 - 16:06

...if you can find the tools laying around, an eight foot two-by-four usually only costs about $2 ('round here, anyway... not sure what it would be out east. Ace hardware is nationwide, though)... paint and glue would be a little more, though, depending where you get it.
have a little faith in yourself! woodwork isn't all that hard!

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Tue 13 Jan 2009 - 17:00

I think my mom has wood. I guess I'll talk to her. It'll save me all the stress of trying to find something in my price range. And I can feel less guilty about spending a tad more on the material for my cosplay. ^_^

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Wed 14 Jan 2009 - 17:57

I spoke to my mom about it and she aid she has wood. She didn't seem mad, like I thought she would. My mom is too nice she'll do anything for me if I ask. ;_;

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 on Wed 14 Jan 2009 - 19:39

All yo ureally need is wood a clamp and a planer. thats how i used to make bokuto.

but if you really wanna get fancy you get some heat resistant blocks (or cinder blocks covered in wet sand) and some hair driers and make a kiln. then you go to a scrap yard and get some metal that looks like you could shape. and you heat it until you can work it with a hammer using a rock as an anvil. hell thats what i did the first time i made a sword lol.

ah~ my youth wasent wasted it was used.

I'm actually a hardcore otaku who likes maids more than having three meals in a day and I only read books related to maids. Also, I only visit maid cafes. Of course I also collect maid figurines, I play games which feature maids and it turns me on so much that I'll wear the maid uniforms and jump in joy.
tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Forum Posts : 1069

Fan of : Moe~

Original Characters : youru kun

Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Wed 14 Jan 2009 - 20:23

Thanks for the advice, tsundere!!! ^_^ Sadly I can't have a metal sword because of convention policy. ;_;

I'll definatly try and get to work on my cosplay this weekend!! ^_^

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Wed 14 Jan 2009 - 22:01

I recommend using a hot butter knife, a big piece of Styrofoam, and some metallic spray paint.

Remember, you have to use a butter knife that you're not attached to.

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2558

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 on Wed 14 Jan 2009 - 22:05

words of wisdom boomer . or if you have one of those heated wire things....

I'm actually a hardcore otaku who likes maids more than having three meals in a day and I only read books related to maids. Also, I only visit maid cafes. Of course I also collect maid figurines, I play games which feature maids and it turns me on so much that I'll wear the maid uniforms and jump in joy.
tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 15 Jan 2009 - 10:38

@boomer_gonz wrote:I recommend using a hot butter knife, a big piece of Styrofoam, and some metallic spray paint.

It has been my experience that spray paints melt Styrofoam... sweat

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO on Thu 15 Jan 2009 - 11:54

Depends on the spraypaint, heck Games Workshop make nearly all of their game boards out of styrofoam and wood (wood for the base, styrofoam for the landscape) Wink

The Eagle

Alfred Tennyson - 1851
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Thu 15 Jan 2009 - 14:45

after a quick googling... It looks like acrylic (or at least automotive acrylic) paint is what most commonly melts styrofoam (which means all spraypaint that I use is out of the question). saw one guy suggest using latex paint. Go figure

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO on Thu 15 Jan 2009 - 15:10

Strange... GW paints are all acrylic, and they always strongly reccomend the use of spray paint for game boards. Maybe it's something they do in the chaos black/skull white...

The Eagle

Alfred Tennyson - 1851
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Thu 15 Jan 2009 - 15:37

Styrofoam is something I won't be using. As I aid before I want it to last long after the convention. Besides all I have is acrylic paint. Razz

I'm going to try my hand at the wood. What finish should I put over it when I finish painting?

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 15 Jan 2009 - 15:43

@Triela wrote:I'm going to try my hand at the wood. What finish should I put over it when I finish painting?

Depending on the wood, you might want to primer it to provide a smooth surface for the paint to stick too. Then probably a basic latex will work, I would think.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO on Thu 15 Jan 2009 - 17:44

@Triela wrote:Styrofoam is something I won't be using. As I aid before I want it to last long after the convention. Besides all I have is acrylic paint. Razz

That was just me going off on one, as I do Wink

As for primer, I would reccomend going to B&Q and asking them, but then you're American, and B&Q is only in Britain... Still, no doubt you have something to equal or rival them over there Razz

The Eagle

Alfred Tennyson - 1851
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 on Thu 15 Jan 2009 - 22:56

really when i was a kid i used a crappy piece of wood and a belt sander for shaping and with the hand gaurd i got fancy and used the scroll saw that i bought in a garage sale for 10 bucks to cut it out.

when you were as cheap/froogle/poor as me as a kid you do whatever it takes. ever if that whatever is rubbing wood on the sidewalk to shape it.

tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 26 Feb 2009 - 21:08

Paging Rusty-Spring. Paging Rusty-Spring. Please open a white courtesy browser.

Moka Akashiya

Mizore Shirayuki

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Sun 7 Jun 2009 - 14:42

It's that time of year again!

CONVENTION TIME!!! AnimeNext is coming up. I'm only going one day, Saturday, but it's going to be super special awesome!!! =D I hope Cheru can come!

My Wanderer cosplay is going to wait till next year. I didn't have the money or the time, with my mom loosing her job, and the house getting redone, with my school work...

So I'm going to dust off an old friend. ^_^

Spoiler:

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO on Sun 7 Jun 2009 - 15:16

How did I see that coming? Razz

The Eagle

Alfred Tennyson - 1851
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela-Chan on Sun 7 Jun 2009 - 15:56

LOL That´s not bad at all ^__^ You look really great in that! I love that hairstyle of the wig..............

Triela-Chan
The Sakurazukamori

Female

Forum Posts : 786

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire

Original Characters : ääähm...

Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuke is Good on Sun 7 Jun 2009 - 18:47

@Triela wrote:It's that time of year again!

CONVENTION TIME!!! AnimeNext is coming up. I'm only going one day, Saturday, but it's going to be super special awesome!!! =D I hope Cheru can come!

My Wanderer cosplay is going to wait till next year. I didn't have the money or the time, with my mom loosing her job, and the house getting redone, with my school work...

Spoiler:

I'll probably only be there Saturday and Sunday, the lack of funds make me a sad panda. And my Minato cosplay requires a blue wig.
Nuke is Good

Male

Forum Posts : 326

Fan of : Henrietta

Original Characters : Rc v1

Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherubino on Mon 8 Jun 2009 - 21:11

@Nuke is Good wrote:
@Triela wrote:It's that time of year again!

Spoiler:

I'll probably only be there Saturday and Sunday, the lack of funds make me a sad panda. And my Minato cosplay requires a blue wig.
You'll be there? GREAT! I am gonna go! I know so many people going... I dunno if I can cosplay though.... T.T

I've pretty much come to the realization that I'm white trash. I'm ok with that though. Very Happy
Cherubino

Female

Forum Posts : 457

Fan of : Opera, Gun sports, antique guns, Final Fantasy

Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Mon 8 Jun 2009 - 21:16

@Triela wrote:My Wanderer cosplay

Wanderer? That doesn't ring a bell for me. At least nothing concrete. I know a few video game characters with that name.

The character from Fallout 3, and the hero from Shadow of the Colossus (or is it just Wander?) I have no idea. sweat

"Do you know what Jesus said in John chapter 5? Don't bring me any trouble, bitch." - Eda, Black Lagoon
"Anybody can be cool...but awesome takes practice." - Lorraine Peterson
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Forum Posts : 1380

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherubino on Mon 8 Jun 2009 - 21:21

@rusty-spring wrote:
@Triela wrote:My Wanderer cosplay

Wanderer? That doesn't ring a bell for me. At least nothing concrete. I know a few video game characters with that name.

The character from Fallout 3, and the hero from Shadow of the Colossus (or is it just Wander?) I have no idea. sweat
The one from Shadow of the colossus.

I've pretty much come to the realization that I'm white trash. I'm ok with that though. Very Happy
Cherubino

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Tue 9 Jun 2009 - 7:19

i'm still wondering why Triela can't go dressed as Triela :lol!:

Photobucket
Just cause I'm dead, doesn't mean I can't be your Loli Fantasy!
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Forum Posts : 1747

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherubino on Tue 9 Jun 2009 - 21:05

@West Nile wrote:i'm still wondering why Triela can't go dressed as Triela :lol!:
Cuz she wants to go as Nana again. Me and her are the pink wonders xD

Cherubino

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Tue 9 Jun 2009 - 21:34

@West Nile wrote:i'm still wondering why Triela can't go dressed as Triela :lol!:

i could, but thinking about it I would have to buy a blonde wig, a vest, red tie, long white shirt, black pants, and an airsoft shotgun. I might coplay as her one day, but I want to cosplay as someone different next year. (Since I already cosplayed as Henrietta) Besides I love my Nana cosplay! ^_^

Cheru's right! We're the pink team of:

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Wed 10 Jun 2009 - 2:30

@Triela wrote:

awww, well happy cosplaying you 2 head bang

Photobucket
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherubino on Thu 11 Jun 2009 - 18:48

Akkk! You posted more black mail Triela!!!
I can't wait to take more pics this year. And be a skanky Aeris if need be xD
/me needs to learn how to sow....

Cherubino

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Fri 12 Jun 2009 - 8:11

wait so this pic was last year's?

Photobucket
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Fri 12 Jun 2009 - 13:24

@West Nile wrote:wait so this pic was last year's?

Yeah. We're going to cosplay a the same people this year though. Next year we're going to cosplay as different people. ^_^

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Fri 12 Jun 2009 - 13:27

Any idea on who those new people will be next year, or are you going to hold off on that until it's closer?

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

"What do you mean 'What the hell is a Funyarinpa?' You mean... you don't know?"
"How the hell would I know?"
"How could you not know?! That's... that's practically blasphemous! Say you're sorry! Apologize to the Funyarinpa! Goodness, you are such a rude woman..."
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Forum Posts : 653

Fan of : Stuff

Original Characters : Adrianna, Nero, Abigail, and now Luca

Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Fri 12 Jun 2009 - 14:35

I'm going to be Wanderer from Shadow of the Colossus. <3 ^_^

I looks like it's going to be hard to pull off. ^_^;;

Cheru is gong to be a video game character as well... I forgot who and what game. I've never played it before. Razz

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO on Fri 12 Jun 2009 - 15:29

Forgetting is fun. Until you realise you've forgotten, and people get mad at you for it Razz

The Eagle

Alfred Tennyson - 1851
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Sat 13 Jun 2009 - 3:55

ow but forgetting is usually funny, unless the thing you forget is something important and a significant other thought you would never forget it Embarassed

Photobucket
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Secchan on Sat 13 Jun 2009 - 4:46

I looove to cosplay :3
Last year I did Saber from Fate/Stay Night, and this year I'm going to be doing...4 cosplays, I think...Possibly a Kotomi from CLANNAD and Viola from Kiddy Grade. Don't know about the rest :3

Also, those photos are super cute ^_^
Secchan

Female

Forum Posts : 125

Fan of : Yuri

Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Sat 13 Jun 2009 - 4:49

SABER!!! u got pics? dancin\\'

Photobucket
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Tue 16 Jun 2009 - 16:37

As a lot of you know Cheru and I went to a con on Saturday. We met Nuke there and hung out with him. ^_^ He was really nice and he let me hold Triela's gun that he had with him. ;_;

A lot of people took Cheru and my picture, and a lot of people came up to me and hugged me because I was Nana! XD

I found this:

For 100$ AT A CON!!!

I asked the guy if he could do any better on the price, and I even made a huge fuss about how much I wanted it. He wouldn't budge and he said it's rare, blah blah blah. I wanted it SOOO bad and I was almost going to buy it, but then as I stared at it I got disgusted with myself and the figure wasn't appealing any more. I know I spent over 100$ on this Darth Maul figure not too long ago:

You can see the quality in the figure, it came with tons of extra stuff and you can pose him in cool ways.

So in the end I put my money away, took one last look at the figure, and walked away. I bought the Solty Rei boxed set. It's really good!! ^____^

I met Kyle Herbert (Karasu from Yu Yu Hakusho's voice) and got a picture signed. Wayne Grayson was supposed to be there, but he wasn't it was weird. I wanted to se him again. I felt bad for Cheru because she was gonna meet Joey!! ;_;

The cosplay masquerade was awesome and Cheru and I met a friend while we were waiting on line to get in! ^__^

I still have to upload the pics I took, so I'll post them soon.

I can't wait for next year! I already started planning!!! 3 days at the con, staying at a hotel, and cosplaying as Wanderer!!!! ^__________^

Full of Win

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Tue 16 Jun 2009 - 16:45

OMG another Solty Rei fan!!

WOOT!!

I have a fanfic idea for that around here somewhere, but I never go around it as...other priorities got in the way.

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2558

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuke is Good on Tue 16 Jun 2009 - 16:50

I'd say get the Goodsmile Company version of Henrietta, due its rarity it will be around 60-100 though.

The Pinky St version is going to run you 100 -_-
Nuke is Good

Male

Forum Posts : 326

Fan of : Henrietta

Original Characters : Rc v1

Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down