Cyborg Busters, Humans with attitude

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Cyborg Busters, Humans with attitude

Post by Guest on Wed 4 Mar 2009 - 10:49

@Nachtsider wrote:The thread title says HUMAN opponents.
fair point, how about Gandalf or Aragorn from lord of the rings (or Gandalfr from ZnT lol)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghostfriendly on Mon 16 Mar 2009 - 19:36

Sorry, Nuemenoreans like Aragorn have elf blood, and Gandalf is a Maia, effectively a divine being. Boromir would be full human, and might very well beat a Gunslinger if she didn't have a gun (we all remember how well he copes with shooting weapons).

Anyone mentioned Spike Spiegel already? Or Limelda and Madlax (well known for shooting bullets out of the air) from Madlax?

Ghostfriendly

Forum Posts : 149

Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Mon 16 Mar 2009 - 20:05

@Ghostfriendly wrote:Boromir would be full human, and might very well beat a Gunslinger if she didn't have a gun (we all remember how well he copes with shooting weapons).
My $5 is on Rico beating the crap out of him.
Another $10 on Claes adding insult to injury.

ElfenMagix

Forum Posts : 5667

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Mon 24 Aug 2009 - 22:48

Well, actually, with a little luck and an anti-tank weapon such as an RPG or AT4 rocket launcher anybody could kill a cyborg, they may be more resilient than a normal human, but they can't take a direct hit with an anti-tank weapon. Also, anybody who happens to have a tank or better yet, an attack helicopter or jet fighter, could kill one of the girls with a push of a button.

SPARTAN 119

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 24 Aug 2009 - 23:45

I'm pretty certain this must've been mentioned before, but in case it hasn't... Solid Snake (or Big Boss) in his golden days.

I mean, he takes on robots with nukes, freaks of nature, tanks (with grenades!), helicopters, Psycho mantis (he's a freak indeed, but he deserves a whole category for him), his clones, genetically engineered supersoldiers, and I'm probably forgetting something. Not to mention he's had some experience with cyborgs like Gray Fox and strange undying things like Vamp. So... He's probably well suited. And he's as human as you can get, he's a clone of someone.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Tue 25 Aug 2009 - 0:16

@SPARTAN 119 wrote:Well, actually, with a little luck and an anti-tank weapon such as an RPG or AT4 rocket launcher anybody could kill a cyborg, they may be more resilient than a normal human, but they can't take a direct hit with an anti-tank weapon. Also, anybody who happens to have a tank or better yet, an attack helicopter or jet fighter, could kill one of the girls with a push of a button.
The GsG cyborgs are at least 2X faster and several times stronger than a regular human. So while the human is aiming to take a hit on the cyborg, the cyborg has already hit the human at least 3 times.

Bloedzuiger wrote:I'm pretty certain this must've been mentioned before, but in case it hasn't... Solid Snake (or Big Boss) in his golden days.

I mean, he takes on robots with nukes, freaks of nature, tanks (with grenades!), helicopters, Psycho mantis (he's a freak indeed, but he deserves a whole category for him), his clones, genetically engineered supersoldiers, and I'm probably forgetting something. Not to mention he's had some experience with cyborgs like Gray Fox and strange undying things like Vamp. So... He's probably well suited. And he's as human as you can get, he's a clone of someone.
Genetic reprogramming can add (or take away) what improvements one wants. Furthermore, Nueral programming (aka: WetWare) can improve skills and abilities that the original host did not have. Who knows- Solid Snake's DNA Donator could have been a 500 pound, burger munching, chocolate shake sipping, Diet Coke guzzling sloth that would make Jabba The Hut look like Jack La Lane!

ElfenMagix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 25 Aug 2009 - 4:14

@ElfenMagix wrote:Genetic reprogramming can add (or take away) what improvements one wants. Furthermore, Nueral programming (aka: WetWare) can improve skills and abilities that the original host did not have. Who knows- Solid Snake's DNA Donator could have been a 500 pound, burger munching, chocolate shake sipping, Diet Coke guzzling sloth that would make Jabba The Hut look like Jack La Lane!

Perhaps, but the storyline says his donator was Big Boss (who you get to play in MGS3 and is just as awesome if not more than his clone) He did go through some genetic tinkering, but it was mainly to limit his lifespan if I recall right. He did go through some mind tinkering as well, namely VR training, but his experience is also beyond the realm of virtual reality. He is a human, simply a very well genetically endowed and trained one.

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Tue 25 Aug 2009 - 15:50

@ElfenMagix wrote:
@SPARTAN 119 wrote:Well, actually, with a little luck and an anti-tank weapon such as an RPG or AT4 rocket launcher anybody could kill a cyborg, they may be more resilient than a normal human, but they can't take a direct hit with an anti-tank weapon. Also, anybody who happens to have a tank or better yet, an attack helicopter or jet fighter, could kill one of the girls with a push of a button.
The GsG cyborgs are at least 2X faster and several times stronger than a regular human. So while the human is aiming to take a hit on the cyborg, the cyborg has already hit the human at least 3 times.

That may well be true with handheld weapons, and possibly some lower-end tanks, I don't fancy the girl's chances against an M1 Abrams or a British Challenger. Also, if a fighter jet or even a chopper is involved, the girls are fast, but I'm pretty sure they can't outrun a JDAM or air to ground missile. And, if you're still not convinced anybody could kill a cyborg, given the right equipment, might I mention the B52 bomber and it's 50000 pounds of ordnance. However in spite of that, I must concede that you are right that they would be a formidable opponent to any infantryman.

SPARTAN 119

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 25 Aug 2009 - 16:07

A GSG might just be able to crack a current-generation tank hatch (as in unlocking it), at which point the crew inside would be dead meat.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10880

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 25 Aug 2009 - 17:48

Again and again, I think it comes down to whether the girl's foes understand what they're dealing with. I think if made aware of what they're dealing with, any decently competent group of soldiers has the potential to put a GSG in a tight spot. Remember how much trouble Triela had staying in the fight after taking a 5.56mm round a few volumes back? Now imagine what happens if a gsg gets caught in overlapping arcs of fire from multiple assault rifles. Yes, they're fast, but they're not so fast a well trained human can't give on a run for her money, so I doubt they're too fast to hit.

As for tanks -watch out for the heavy machine guns.

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 25 Aug 2009 - 18:00

Well they did pretty decent against Dante's boys in Venice.

If a GSG had the element of surprise on her side, I think they could comfortably handle an infantry squad and might even give a platoon a run for it's money,

If a GSG was jumped by a squad, I'd be inclined to think they wouldn't make it out alive, though they'd still do some serious damage because the squad would be going for the chest, where they're the best armored.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X on Sun 1 Nov 2009 - 19:52

I think Bandou from Elfen Lied could take down some of the girls. He's pretty smart, and later (in the manga) he learns how to dodge invisible, super fast/strong 2 meter long arms...

Plus, a Desert Eagle built to smash through said arms. Yeah, I think the girls don't have strong enough armour to stop a .50AE titanium bullet.

Lucy, on the other hand, doesn't count cos she'd rip the girls to shreds far too easily. Semi-superpowers and all.

"The scoreboard looks like baseball, the start looks like bowling, and the rest looks like cleaning the kitchen floors." - rustyspring on curling

"The world will listen to me!" - Makoto Itou, butchered translation of School Days

"Bullshit! I want healthy Arf back!" - Piero, on Nanoha season three
Five_X

Male

Forum Posts : 695

Fan of : Rico!

Original Characters : Jessi, Ed, Ralph and Mal

Comments : President of the Ilya Fanclub.

Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Sun 8 Nov 2009 - 22:02

Well there is a superhuman thread, if I remember correctly. She'd fit in quite well over there.

And now I'd like to nominate Kurz Weber. Yes, that Kurz Weber. Considering what he's been shown capable of doing on the back of a moving truck, I think he'd be able to adequately snipe the girls. Whether or not he could actually bring himself to pull the trigger, on the other hand, is another matter.

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

"What do you mean 'What the hell is a Funyarinpa?' You mean... you don't know?"
"How the hell would I know?"
"How could you not know?! That's... that's practically blasphemous! Say you're sorry! Apologize to the Funyarinpa! Goodness, you are such a rude woman..."
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Forum Posts : 653

Fan of : Stuff

Original Characters : Adrianna, Nero, Abigail, and now Luca

Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 on Sun 8 Nov 2009 - 22:28

I actually just wrote in a character who actually used brute force (i.e. a Tank-type character) and deceptive agility to nearly tear Jamie apart. Figure about 6foot7 and 300+ pounds, mostly muscle and flabby bulk, and light on the feet. "Hands the size of dinner plates, legs like tree trunks, and a gut that was like snow piled alongside the road" is the descriptive phrase I believe I used.
He catches Jamie's gun as she rounds a corner into a room, pulls her into his range, and nearly drives her nose through her skull, stunning her. He then takes her on a ride of pummeling she isn't likely to forget, taking advantage of her wounded leg.

Any other person she could probably have taken, but the sheer size and speed, along with her own injuries, put her solidly on the defensive.

Glocks are not the shit. Glocks can fail the same as any other gun. I've seen it personally, and have even heard first-hand accounts of something as basic as a slide-retaining pin snapping, the slide flying off. Get over the obsession and buy what fits your hand, your wallet, and ability.
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 823

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 on Tue 10 Nov 2009 - 1:13

Panzer IV wrote:
As for Kotonoha, I imagine that the girls would demolish her with their bare hands as soon as she got within range.

O RLY? I think differently--she's armed (Kotonoha), they're not.

Say for example vs...Triela.

Kotonoha runs close, blade drawn. Triela tries to give a knocking punch right on the face.

Similar to Sekai's end, Kotonoha stops Triela's hand not forcefully, but by redirecting it. Then up the neck, and checkmate.

Maybe Triela did survived the first blow and sends Kotonoha away, but the next few minutes she'll die with her neck severed like that...

I'm not sure about that... the main factor in Pino's defeating Triela in their first fight unarmed is that he had training in unarmed combat and knife fighting. Unlike Pino, Kotonoha has no hand-to-hand combat training, she simply got REALLY pissed at Sekai and decided to cut her up. If she tried to take on Triela, even unarmed, it is likely Triela would be able to bring her down, as Triela has proven herself capable of taking down a guy with a knife barehanded, for instance, in the second fight with Pino, she managed to catch his blade "ninja-style" and break it in half. If she could do that against a trained knife fighter, a Japanese high school girl with a machete seem to be a relatively minor threat to Triela.

Here's how I see it happening:

Kotonoha: "You! Your that damned European bitch stole Makoto from me!"
Triela:"What!? That wasn't me. That was Petra!"
Kotonoha: "Don't you deny it! Makoto was my boyfriend, and you stole him from me! Now, prepare to die, you whore!"
*Kotonoha pulls out her blade and takes a swing at Triela*
*Triela catches the blade ninja style and snaps it in two with her bare hands*
Kotonoha: Guh?
*Triela proceed to either A: smash Kotonoha's head in with her bare fists or B: cut her throat with the broken piece of blade.

Also, speaking of Gsg x School Days crossovers that make no sense, I was thinking about doing a fic where Makoto sleeps with either Petra or Triela and then cheats on them, then they get pissed of and a one sided anime character battle ensues. But which fight should I do:

I can't do Makoto vs. Petra because she probably wouldn't give a shit if he cheated on her.

Makoto vs. Sandro: Sandro is pissed that Makoto stole his woman....

Makoto vs Triela: Triela thought Makoto was hers.... until she catches him with Petra.

Obviously, either way, Makoto gets pwned, because the only weapon he knows how to use is the one between his legs.
SPARTAN 119

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 10 Nov 2009 - 2:55

@Five_X wrote:I think Bandou from Elfen Lied could take down some of the girls. He's pretty smart, and later (in the manga) he learns how to dodge invisible, super fast/strong 2 meter long arms...

Plus, a Desert Eagle built to smash through said arms. Yeah, I think the girls don't have strong enough armour to stop a .50AE titanium bullet.

Lucy, on the other hand, doesn't count cos she'd rip the girls to shreds far too easily. Semi-superpowers and all.

I'd suggest tungsten alloy over Titanium. I could be wrong on this, but my understanding is that Titanium's main advantage is mostly that it's fairly strong and also quite light, and that other materials are actually stronger than titanium is. Plus, tungsten is quite heavy, and generally speaking in any particular calibre the heavier bullets will have more penetration then the lighter ones. (Though then again, a lot of armour piercing variations do use high speed, light weight bullets. Could have something to do with a lot of them using steel subcalibre penetrators rather then full calibre rounds made out of heavier materials though.)

Of course, you also have depleted uranium, which is even heavier and pyrophoric. It's not as hard though. Plus, who the hell wants ammo where you should be treating your spent casing as toxic waste? (There's a fair bit of debate on the health issues relating to DU, but one explanation I've heard is that the stuff is safe to fire until you actually fire it, at which point it becomes nasty. (Seem to remember it had something to do with fine particulate matter.) And supposedly it's actually the toxicity of the stuff that's a problem moreso then it's radioactivity.)

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 10 Nov 2009 - 11:22

Yes, the real problem with spent uranium is inhaling the particulates released when the warhead impacts a target.

Later models of the M1 tank use spent uranium in their armor as an additional defense against sabot penetrators.

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Tue 10 Nov 2009 - 12:36

...and a bunch of gulf war tankers came down with some nasty cancers in their 30s and 40s, I'm told...

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Tue 10 Nov 2009 - 18:29

@Piero wrote:
@Five_X wrote:I think Bandou from Elfen Lied could take down some of the girls. He's pretty smart, and later (in the manga) he learns how to dodge invisible, super fast/strong 2 meter long arms...

I'd suggest tungsten alloy over Titanium. I could be wrong on this, but my understanding is that Titanium's main advantage is mostly that it's fairly strong and also quite light, and that other materials are actually stronger than titanium is. Plus, tungsten is quite heavy, and generally speaking in any particular calibre the heavier bullets will have more penetration then the lighter ones. (Though then again, a lot of armour piercing variations do use high speed, light weight bullets. Could have something to do with a lot of them using steel subcalibre penetrators rather then full calibre rounds made out of heavier materials though.)

Of course, you also have depleted uranium, which is even heavier and pyrophoric. It's not as hard though. Plus, who the hell wants ammo where you should be treating your spent casing as toxic waste? (There's a fair bit of debate on the health issues relating to DU, but one explanation I've heard is that the stuff is safe to fire until you actually fire it, at which point it becomes nasty. (Seem to remember it had something to do with fine particulate matter.) And supposedly it's actually the toxicity of the stuff that's a problem moreso then it's radioactivity.)

To LoC & Kisk-

Depleted Uranium is pretty stable when sitting alone, but give it a little engery, its very volitile- making UO2 very quickly and very dangerously, Uranium Dioxide is very poisonous on top of everything else! Uranium is also very soft, just above the strength of Lead (which you can deform with your fingers if you want... just wear gloves when you do so you wont get Lead Poisoning from doing it). Shooting it is not the problem- its the heat causing it to react and impact causing it to shatter, adding heat to this makes it.... Well... Yes, it is dangerous. Consider breathing in the flaming fumes of burning Magnesium as a fun and safe thing to do compared to being near a DU-Impact reaction! Like Lead, handing Uranium is dangerous cause it does flake off and enter your skin on the microscopic level, and can give you U-Poisoing (simillar to Lead Poisoning) and assorted cancers.

My OC has it and will rarely use it unless he knows he is going to be in a situation that will call for such fire power to be used. Like in Solution's Resolution, knowing that he would be running into Bullet Proof Vehicles, well, the limos are bulletproof- to a point. They do not expect your average Schmoe in the street to hit them with a DU Round!

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 on Tue 10 Nov 2009 - 19:11

Lead actually vaporizes when fired from a gun. There is an entire art to making a bullet of just such a hardness that it won't melt under the stress of being fired, yet has maximum expansion. That is why there is a huge movement in the reloading realm to go to plated bullets that are fully encapsulated in a layer of copper, rather than a thick jacket that only covers most of the lead. A "full-metal jacket" is usually not, often having the base of the lead core exposed for better expansion against the lands and therefore more accuracy. A fully encapsulated bullet with a conventional style jacket is often called a "total-metal jacket."

There is not really a lead-free way to shoot a full jacket or hardcast lead bullet without at least a little vaporization of the exposed base, and that is what leads to inhalation lead poisoning, possibly the fastest way of getting it. If you shoot indoors often, it's best to get checked for lead levels at least once a year.

I've never played with Uranium, but if it's as soft as lead, then it is very possible for an exposed core to be vaporized as it's being fired from a gun, resulting in the same method of exposure as lead.

Glocks are not the shit. Glocks can fail the same as any other gun. I've seen it personally, and have even heard first-hand accounts of something as basic as a slide-retaining pin snapping, the slide flying off. Get over the obsession and buy what fits your hand, your wallet, and ability.
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 823

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist on Tue 10 Nov 2009 - 22:02

Depleted Uranium is pretty stable when sitting alone, but give it a
little engery, its very volitile- making UO2 very quickly and very
dangerously, Uranium Dioxide is very poisonous on top of everything
else! Uranium is also very soft, just above the strength of Lead (which
you can deform with your fingers if you want... just wear gloves when
you do so you wont get Lead Poisoning from doing it). Shooting it is
not the problem- its the heat causing it to react and impact causing it
to shatter, adding heat to this makes it.... Well... Yes, it is
dangerous. Consider breathing in the flaming fumes of burning Magnesium
as a fun and safe thing to do compared to being near a DU-Impact
reaction! Like Lead, handing Uranium is dangerous cause it does flake
off and enter your skin on the microscopic level, and can give you
U-Poisoing (simillar to Lead Poisoning) and assorted cancers.

Uranium is fun stuff and has unique chemistry (well, neptunium and plutonium to a lesser extent do too), in the periodic table. I should know because I am a uranium chemist.

Uranium metal is quite maliable and thin strips/turnings can be easily bent.

The surface will readily oxidize and to expose the metal you need to washing it with a minimal amount of nitric acid (leaving a yellow solution).

It's melting point is 1132C while lead's is only 327.5 C (well below that of glass/pyrex).

The chemical dangers are much like lead and are a much bigger deal then the radioactivity (provided that you don't mix it with DMSO and let that get to you.

There are far more nasty metals and metal compounds out there: organomercury (one drop Me2Hg that you don't immediatly treat will result in months of having your brain eaten away -- thing losing your sanity without the benefit of going crazy); thallium; beryllium; Osmium Tetroxide; &c. Heck, I'd rather handle sealed neutron sources then beryllium!
MadHatChemist

Male

Forum Posts : 441

Fan of : Triela & Claes

Original Characters : None.

Comments : n/a

Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Tue 10 Nov 2009 - 22:41

Yes Indeed
When a Chemist says something is fun to play with- you worry!
Evil

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum