Henrietta

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Henrietta

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Sun 22 Jul 2012 - 4:15

@Nachtsider wrote:
GattoNero wrote:don't forget the government "wet-work" + CIA "mechanic"
Why should the government be worried about being linked to dead terrorists? Isn't that their job - getting rid of terrorists?

i meant the government dirty job....

Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Forum Posts : 1169

Registration date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 on Sun 22 Jul 2012 - 14:12

lol @ the picture of Etta in an airsoft store.

Most mangaka and video game companies in Japan are totally reliant on airsoft companies to help them design, draw and reference guns. I know Resident Evil uses Tokyo Marui as reference. Valkyria Chronicles had to use KTW airsoft guns as inspiration for their fictional ones.

John_234

Forum Posts : 469

Registration date : 2011-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Sun 22 Jul 2012 - 16:26

@John_234 wrote:lol @ the picture of Etta in an airsoft store.

Most mangaka and video game companies in Japan are totally reliant on airsoft companies to help them design, draw and reference guns. I know Resident Evil uses Tokyo Marui as reference. Valkyria Chronicles had to use KTW airsoft guns as inspiration for their fictional ones.

well the firearm policies in japan are strict(same as in my country)....

Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Sun 22 Jul 2012 - 18:57

I'd love to know what the caption says on that cartoon with Henrietta....

tremec6speed

Forum Posts : 1973

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Sun 22 Jul 2012 - 19:11

@tremec6speed wrote:I'd love to know what the caption says on that cartoon with Henrietta....

Ditto. What are the chances we could beg one from Entropy?

Thescarredman

Forum Posts : 1888

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 22 Jul 2012 - 19:15

Somebody did translate it, but I don't recall what it was. I think she might have been asking for ammunition for her P90.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10901

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Sun 22 Jul 2012 - 19:33

You know the irony of my silly statement about 'Etta's cheeks was that I figured if I said that I wanted to pinch her cheek, someone might get ahead of me and ask which cheek I had in mind so I tried to head that off by stating ahead of time that I meant her facial cheek, instead I seemed to have buried myself in deeper that way after I tried to pass that off as a risky joke! Oy...... bang head
If I wasn't so busy, I would draw a little cartoon about my pinching Henrietta's cheek after which she falls on her butt walking toward Jose and when he sees her rubbing her ass wincing in pain then looks at me smiling at him, he'd come over, resulting in mucho, mucho violence! Hissy fit

tremec6speed

Forum Posts : 1973

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sun 22 Jul 2012 - 19:46

With CFRP musculature, you'd probably need pliers to pinch either of her cheeks.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Sun 22 Jul 2012 - 23:07

@Thescarredman wrote:
@tremec6speed wrote:I'd love to know what the caption says on that cartoon with Henrietta....

@Kiskaloo wrote:
Somebody did translate it, but I don't recall what it was. I think she might have been asking for ammunition for her P90.
It was translated on Danbooru. It was boring. "One Fabrique Nationale Project 90, please."

We tried to get a re-caption contest rolling a while back but I don't remember what thread it's in.

Professor Voodoo

Forum Posts : 3422

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Mon 23 Jul 2012 - 1:58

^_^
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Fan of : no one

Original Characters : sooo many

Comments : "Should i shoot you, or stab you?"

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Mon 23 Jul 2012 - 11:29

GattoNero wrote:
@Professor Voodoo wrote:
Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:
GattoNero wrote:P90 can be wielded by lefty shooter(i've tried it before because i'm lefty)...maybe this theorize if Henrietta is ambidextrous shooter
Jose also uses the P90 in the power plant assault. Maybe he's a lefty too?
It's actually the P90 that's ambidextrous...it can be used from either side.

P90 is itself an ambidextrous submachinegun.....the ejection port of p90 is located below the gun itself..making it can be wielded by both hand......
And Henrietta is shooting one in each hand, yelling, "VIVA PANCHO VILA!!!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Tross on Wed 25 Jul 2012 - 1:47

@Professor Voodoo wrote:
@Thescarredman wrote:

@Kiskaloo wrote:
It was translated on Danbooru. It was boring. "One Fabrique Nationale Project 90, please."

We tried to get a re-caption contest rolling a while back but I don't remember what thread it's in.

I could have translated that for you. Seriously though, that's basic stuff. It's all pretty much in English anyways, except for the "please" part. The only thing I had trouble with was the "que" part in "Fabrique", since there is no "q" sound in the Japanese language, so it's a "k" sound in katakana, making it sound more like "fabric". Actually, if you really want to get literal, it really just said "Fabrique Nationale Project 90, please", but that's splitting hairs, and while it makes no difference here, literal translation isn't always the way to go anyways, and it does sound better with the "one" in there. Wink
Tross

Male

Forum Posts : 122

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : None. I don't write fanfic.

Comments : N/A

Registration date : 2012-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Wed 25 Jul 2012 - 3:27

@ElfenMagix wrote:
GattoNero wrote:
@Professor Voodoo wrote:
GattoNero wrote:P90 can be wielded by lefty shooter(i've tried it before because i'm lefty)...maybe this theorize if Henrietta is ambidextrous shooter

P90 is itself an ambidextrous submachinegun.....the ejection port of p90 is located below the gun itself..making it can be wielded by both hand......

the padanian simply amazed to see a loli killing them.....
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Wed 25 Jul 2012 - 4:52

GattoNero wrote:
@ElfenMagix wrote:
GattoNero wrote:
@Professor Voodoo wrote:

the padanian simply amazed to see a loli killing them.....

Padania Agent: Gadzooks! It's a child with a gun!

Henrietta: Mwahaha, foolish humans!

Audacter calumniare, semper aliquid haeret
slander boldly, something always sticks
Three Dog

Male

Forum Posts : 1243

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Original Characters : Yes, and there are a lot (around 25-ish I think)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Registration date : 2012-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Wed 25 Jul 2012 - 5:54

Jose: Henrietta,target is coming inbound to your position....get ready to take them down.
Henrietta: roger,Jose..

Henrietta: *walking toward the padanian terrorist and confronting them with a cute girl face* sir,
can i take your picture?...

Padanians: *That face...* aww....so cute*pinching Henrietta's face*sure....

Henrietta: *taking picture* now can i kill you?
Padanians: sure...Wait....

Henrietta:*insert darth vader music here*
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Wed 25 Jul 2012 - 6:11

GattoNero wrote:

Jose: Henrietta,target is coming inbound to your position....get ready to take them down.
Henrietta: roger,Jose..

Henrietta: *walking toward the padanian terrorist and confronting them with a cute girl face* sir,
can i take your picture?...

Padanians: *That face...* aww....so cute*pinching Henrietta's face*sure....

Henrietta: *taking picture* now can i kill you?
Padanians: sure...Wait....

Henrietta:*insert darth vader music here*

Three Dog

Male

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tross on Sun 29 Jul 2012 - 0:33

Well, Henrietta did manage to convince some terrorists that she was a hostage, so that actually wouldn't be too much of a stretch. Razz
Tross

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Sun 29 Jul 2012 - 0:59

@Tross wrote:Well, Henrietta did manage to convince some terrorists that she was a hostage, so that actually wouldn't be too much of a stretch. Razz

I reckon that's one of her best tricks. It's more practical than dressing up as a mexican badito or a pirate on the pretense that, "nobody would believe a man who said he was attacked by mexican banditos in Italy." Razz

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Sun 29 Jul 2012 - 2:07

@Tross wrote:Well, Henrietta did manage to convince some terrorists that she was a hostage, so that actually wouldn't be too much of a stretch. Razz

and yet the terrorist are so much idiot,they only think taking henrietta as a hostage rather than investigating her.....
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 on Sun 29 Jul 2012 - 7:08

It's less they're idiots and more than the majority of sane people don't shoot little children on sight.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” -Albert Einstein
John_234

Male

Fan of : N/A

Original Characters : N/A

Comments : The Chatbox is evil.

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Sun 29 Jul 2012 - 7:13

@John_234 wrote:It's less they're idiots and more than the majority of sane people don't shoot little children on sight.

The majority of sane people also don't resort to terrorism either. Or discussing how the govenment they're trying to overthrow is using cyborg children to fight then. COnsidering these three facts, I do not belive it is too far from the truth to say they are idiots, not for not shooting 'etta, but for going into the whole terrorism business in the first place and discussing robot children being use to hunt then and then not shoting a child on a battlefield that just came from the same direction as the gunfire and where your dead comrades now reside. Just sayin'.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Sun 29 Jul 2012 - 7:22

@John_234 wrote:It's less they're idiots and more than the majority of sane people don't shoot little children on sight.

The majority of sane people also don't resort to terrorism either. Or discussing how the govenment they're trying to overthrow is using cyborg children to fight then. COnsidering these three facts, I do not belive it is too far from the truth to say they are idiots, not for not shooting 'etta, but for going into the whole terrorism business in the first place and discussing robot children being use to hunt then and then not shoting a child on a battlefield that just came from the same direction as the gunfire and where your dead comrades now reside. Just sayin'.

yet again......their mind(the terrorist) are poisoned by the "el serpente"')" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sun 29 Jul 2012 - 8:05

To be fair, 'Etta's canon use of the "I'm so cute and harmless, please don't kill me" ploy was quite early in the piece... before the Padania had started gearing up to fight mini-terminators and when the rumors of cybernetic child assassins were still just that: vague rumors that few had heard and virtually no-one took seriously.

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5765

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 on Sun 29 Jul 2012 - 17:19

Because they have psychic powers and know they're dead, right?

The basic idea behind the SWA even functioning was exactly what I said. No terrorist organization could last long if they shot every single child they ran into. The ploy 'Etta did is the child assassin concept that they drew up around the cyborgs.

Plus, all the Padania subplots and interactions prove to some extent that everyone is basically human, no matter what their motivation is. One of the fundamental aspects of GSGs is the immense moral greyness that makes it really hard to single out characters as "idiots" for doing what they believe.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” -Albert Einstein
John_234

Male

Fan of : N/A

Original Characters : N/A

Comments : The Chatbox is evil.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Sun 29 Jul 2012 - 18:06

still....it's an act of human rolled by GOD....
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Sun 29 Jul 2012 - 21:25

Odon did a short piece on some thread or other on this site (you're right, Elfen; topics here simply refuse to stay in their categories, and it's too damned easy to lose something you'd like to come back to later) about a newscast describing FRF operatives apparently going berserk and killing every teenage girl who wanders into their midst in the psychotic belief that they were 'government agents'. This behavior raised a great public outcry from former sympathisers and ended up costing them a great deal of popular support. Very Che.
Thescarredman

Male

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Mon 30 Jul 2012 - 1:19

fear tun's them to be cautious i guess....
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tross on Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 2:00

@Alfisti wrote:To be fair, 'Etta's canon use of the "I'm so cute and harmless, please don't kill me" ploy was quite early in the piece... before the Padania had started gearing up to fight mini-terminators and when the rumors of cybernetic child assassins were still just that: vague rumors that few had heard and virtually no-one took seriously.

Well, do you blame them? If someone told me that there were cybernetic child assassins taking out Padania terrorists, I would require some kind of proof. Puzzled Keep in mind, a lot of the witnesses die, or are captured by the Agency. Dead men(and women) tell no tales, and captured terrorists aren't in any position to tell the story. At least that was the case in the short term. The Agency wasn't able to take care of absolutely everyone they came across as time passed, and eventually Padania caught on. Granted, I'm sure they still didn't see the girls too often. I highly doubt Padania dealt with Section 2 every time they were up to something. If a terrorist were paranoid of every single little girl they saw, or even every little girl accompanied by an adult male, they'd drive themselves insane. I suppose it's possible that the occasional terrorist not shown on panel ended up in a padded room with a straight jacket, but I'm not sure that's the right avenue for Yu to explore. In any case, I'm sure the members of Padania still went about their routines without expecting a little girl to put a bullet in them.
Tross

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 2:11

@Tross wrote:
@Alfisti wrote:To be fair, 'Etta's canon use of the "I'm so cute and harmless, please don't kill me" ploy was quite early in the piece... before the Padania had started gearing up to fight mini-terminators and when the rumors of cybernetic child assassins were still just that: vague rumors that few had heard and virtually no-one took seriously.

Well, do you blame them? If someone told me that there were cybernetic child assassins taking out Padania terrorists, I would require some kind of proof. Puzzled Keep in mind, a lot of the witnesses die, or are captured by the Agency. Dead men(and women) tell no tales, and captured terrorists aren't in any position to tell the story. At least that was the case in the short term. The Agency wasn't able to take care of absolutely everyone they came across as time passed, and eventually Padania caught on. Granted, I'm sure they still didn't see the girls too often. I highly doubt Padania dealt with Section 2 every time they were up to something. If a terrorist were paranoid of every single little girl they saw, or even every little girl accompanied by an adult male, they'd drive themselves insane. I suppose it's possible that the occasional terrorist not shown on panel ended up in a padded room with a straight jacket, but I'm not sure that's the right avenue for Yu to explore. In any case, I'm sure the members of Padania still went about their routines without expecting a little girl to put a bullet in them.

still,the agency make an almost perfect alibi such that in episode 1 of gunslinger girl,after the shootout,oddly there is maintenance crew working and repairing the road ,covering the Henrietta's wild firing....infact, the first gunslinger girl tetriano, Jean mentioned to lure the terrorist from the hotspot into the more quiet and docile place...that explain there's little witness....(MAYBE>>>>>>>........)
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 5:30

KuroNeko wrote:
@Tross wrote:

still,the agency make an almost perfect alibi such that in episode 1 of gunslinger girl,after the shootout,oddly there is maintenance crew working and repairing the road ,covering the Henrietta's wild firing....infact, the first gunslinger girl tetriano, Jean mentioned to lure the terrorist from the hotspot into the more quiet and docile place...that explain there's little witness....(MAYBE>>>>>>>........)

Indeed, careful planning and all that. Plus the girls are told to kill any witnesses (Like when Rico kills Emilio ). THough, even with witnesses kept to a minumum, that still implies some get away. I suppose the Agency was never really a long term solution anyway, was it, so the few witnesses that did get away are few and far between enough not to cause any problems.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 6:03

oddly,leonardo conti interviewed some of the witnesses during one of the episode in GSG il tetriano....
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 13:21

KuroNeko wrote:still,the agency make an almost perfect alibi such that in episode 1 of gunslinger girl,after the shootout,oddly there is maintenance crew working and repairing the road ,covering the Henrietta's wild firing....infact, the first gunslinger girl tetriano, Jean mentioned to lure the terrorist from the hotspot into the more quiet and docile place...that explain there's little witness....(MAYBE>>>>>>>........)
In my Fanfiction Solution's Resolution, I dared put the question "What if the terrorists had days, if not weeks to prepare for a demonstration that was an actual plan for something much bigger?" In short, it became the Pizza Van mission where a few dozen terrorists were hidden in a much larger demonstration at the coleseum. With the fratelloes out in the field, the pizza vans (more than one) was out in full force, which made them an easy target once found. This mission cost several thousand rounds of ammunition, many terrorists, and the destruction of one of the pizza vans with injuries to the staff within.

Dont play your enemies to be idiots. Once they have the proper Intel, they can become your worse nightmare.

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 16:21

attack the enemy when you never expected to be....
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 21:16

KuroNeko wrote:attack the enemy when you never expected to be....

Better yet, attack at the most obvious place. Only an idiot would attack there right? Wink

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo on Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 0:37

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:Better yet, attack at the most obvious place. Only an idiot would attack there right? Wink
Ferro: Are we letting the cyborgs write the attack plans now?

I saw a werewolf drinking a Piña Colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3422

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 2:12

@Professor Voodoo wrote:
Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:Better yet, attack at the most obvious place. Only an idiot would attack there right? Wink
Ferro: Are we letting the cyborgs write the attack plans now?

Bernardo: Wait, you meant we weren't supposed to be letting them do that?! Fraid I got some bad news, Bea...

Beatrice: Not now, Bernardo, I need to see Monty about a giant jar of jam.

Henrietta: Why would you need a giant jar of jam?

Beatrice: To jam their radar of coarse.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tross on Fri 17 Aug 2012 - 2:56

Mr. Antonic wrote:
KuroNeko wrote:attack the enemy when you never expected to be....

Better yet, attack at the most obvious place. Only an idiot would attack there right? Wink

And Padania's so subtle? They're lucky Milan residents are so passive. I wonder if it's true that they don't bat an eye every time they see or hear an explosion? I'm sure that's exaggerated, but so is Padania. I wouldn't exactly call that stunt in the Viale Galileo subtle, even by exaggerate Milan standards though.
Tross

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Fri 17 Aug 2012 - 4:08

@Tross wrote: They're lucky Milan residents are so passive. I wonder if it's true that they don't bat an eye every time they see or hear an explosion? I'm sure that's exaggerated, but so is Padania.
Not sure if "passive" is the correct word, more like jaded... in the same manner no-one moves when the fire alarm goes off.

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5765

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Fri 17 Aug 2012 - 5:27

@Alfisti wrote:
@Tross wrote: They're lucky Milan residents are so passive. I wonder if it's true that they don't bat an eye every time they see or hear an explosion? I'm sure that's exaggerated, but so is Padania.
Not sure if "passive" is the correct word, more like jaded... in the same manner no-one moves when the fire alarm goes off.

as we see in gunslinger girl il teatrino episode 1, there's much riot happened near the colosseum...maybe the resident already getting used to the fire alarm and explosion sound....
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Fri 17 Aug 2012 - 9:22

KuroNeko wrote:
@Alfisti wrote:

as we see in gunslinger girl il teatrino episode 1, there's much riot happened near the colosseum...maybe the resident already getting used to the fire alarm and explosion sound....

during the troubles,in London, if a bomb went off everyone carried on regardless, after the 7/7 bombs ,people were stood waiting for the buses and trains the next day as if nothing had happened !

We are living in the smelly cloud of gods fart,one day the universe will end in a great cloud of airfreshener
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon on Fri 17 Aug 2012 - 11:33

It's been my experience that the mundanes don't like to react to anything unless it's in their immediate vicinity, and even then, only grudgingly!

Si vis pacem, para bellum

"The two loudest sounds you will ever hear from your weapon are the *bang* when it's supposed to go *click* and the *click* when it's supposed to go *bang*." -Unknown

"220 horses, I got a gun, a siren, a tank full of city gas. Don't you love it?!" - Ofc. Maurice "Bosco" Boscarelli, Third Watch
Officer_Charon

Male

Forum Posts : 1470

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : John Darme.

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Fri 17 Aug 2012 - 11:54

i dunno what will the brits do if the scenario's like that...lets just see what the american did....
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tross on Mon 20 Aug 2012 - 19:05

I can't imagine becoming jaded to something like explosions, but I suppose that sort of thing is a reality in parts of the world. I guess we all have a lot to be thankful for. I know that bomb threats are a big problem all across Europe. Of course that's nothing compared to what's going on in the Middle East. That definitely makes it easier to put first world problems into perspective. I still hate construction though.
Tross

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Mon 24 Sep 2012 - 20:13

Henrietta creeps me out. She always did.

Never mind that she counts her kills as a measure of her usefulness to Jose. The girl even turns murder into performance art when her handler's watching, at least in the anime. That behind-the-back grab of her P90 in the first episode, for example. But the one that sent chills down my spine was when she assaulted the hapless waiter. Did everybody see what she did with the knife?
Thescarredman

Male

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Tue 25 Sep 2012 - 0:41

As creepy as it is, you have to admit that thing with the knife was cool. Besides, what's so creapy about an 11 year old killer cyborg girl trying to impress the thirty something man that she is in love with who orders her to kill folks...? yeah, you're right. She's ruddy creepy.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Tue 25 Sep 2012 - 1:25

it's how i did it in my life.....LOL..true story
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Sat 29 Sep 2012 - 20:55

The Cathedral of the Assumption was everything Jose had said, a huge echoing space rich with decorations. “Look at the carvings,” Jose said, pointing. “Men have spent their whole lives making this place beautiful.”

“Yes.” And the Cathedral was beautiful, full of things to look at and admire, outside and in. Most of the floor was covered with rubber matting, but the visible portions were rich with mosaics and other tilework. The walls were adorned with ornate carvings and statuary. Curious black-and-white-striped pillars held up the frescoed roof high overhead. There was something to draw the eye everywhere you looked.

But it was also full of hiding places, and strangers doing things she didn’t understand, and that made her worry about Jose’s safety. Henrietta couldn’t explain it, but, sometimes, when she was out with Jose, it seemed as if danger was all around them, thickening the air. Every stranger they passed seemed to be watching them from the corner of his eye; every innocuous conversation she overheard seemed scripted. Much of the Cathedral was roped off and attended by guards, like a museum; the ones at the door had given them curious looks when Jose showed his ID to get them past the metal detector at the entrance. But, for some reason, the guards didn’t worry her as much as the visitors, people who might come and go unrecognized by security. That man near the pulpit, polishing the marble pillars which held it three meters above the floor: one of the pockets of his tool belt held a two-way radio – who might he need to talk to? Did the other pockets hold something besides spray bottles and squeegees? And the big plastic bag hanging from his cart: was it just trash and old rags making it bulge like that?

Two well-dressed young women were looking their way. Some brief remarks passed between them, too low for Henrietta to hear even in this place full of hard surfaces; they started to walk towards them. Henrietta tensed, feeling the pistol under her coat in the holster at her left hip. As they drew closer, she felt her metabolism speeding up, preparing to disarm them if they produced a pistol or knife; she was almost disappointed to see that their hands were in plain sight and holding nothing but small books.

“Good day,” one of them said to Jose, smiling. “We were wondering if you might direct us to the fountain, the famous one where the horse race is held.” She spoke with a faint accent – French, Henrietta thought.

“Of course,” Jose said, returning the smile. “It’s not far away, in the Piazza del Campo.” He gave them directions, and answered a string of questions from the same woman, who was doing the talking for both, it seemed. She wasn’t very smart, Henrietta decided, to need such detailed directions; after all, the plaza was only a few blocks away, and one could see the clock tower from the front door of the church.

“You know the town so well,” the woman went on. “Do you live here?”

“No, we’re tourists too.”

“Really? From where?” The woman drew a little closer. Even though she wasn’t armed, Henrietta felt her unease increase. She noted that both women had beautiful dark hair, just like Angelica’s but shorter.

“Rome. I’m a reporter for Libero Italia. This is a combined business and pleasure trip.”

“A reporter? That sounds exciting.”

“Not really. Usually it’s just tracking down people who’d rather not talk to you and annoying them into saying something they wish they hadn’t.”

The woman offered a hand. “Annette. This is my sister Clarisse.”

“Pleased to meet you. Jose.”

“Have you been here long? We only just got here.”

“Just since yesterday. We’ll be leaving this evening.”

“What a shame. Will you be staying for dinner, then?”

“I’m afraid not. We have to be back before dark.”

This wasn’t right. She and Jose had been having such a good time, and now he didn’t even know she was there. She thought of wandering off, just to see how long it would take him to notice; but there was still the man with the cart to think of. And now, another man loitering around the pulpit as well, at the foot of the sweeping stair that led to the lectern, whose leather shoulder bag might contain a camera or something else entirely. He unzipped it, produced a Nikon, and began taking pictures all around, including a shot of the four of them.

“And is this your daughter?” The woman smiled, too wide, and bent towards her. “What’s your name, cherié?”

Death, she thought.

“Henrietta,” Jose said. “Where are your manners?”

“Hello,” she said, eyes downcast.

“She’s shy around strangers,” he said.

“That’s not such a bad way to be,” the woman said, straightening. “If you’re a little girl. One hears such awful stories. Why, just this morning, the chief of police here was shot dead by gangsters. Can you imagine? She’s lucky to have you to protect her. Is she yours, then?”

“My sister’s child.” Did she imagine the catch she heard in his voice? “The father is gone.”

“So you’re stepping into his shoes. You’re a man who takes family seriously. That’s wonderful.” She was hardly a forearm’s length from Jose now. “You’ve been here a day, you say. Do you know any good places for lunch, then?”

All by itself, Henrietta’s right hand slipped inside her coat.

“Nothing I’d recommend.”

The other woman spoke for the first time. “Thank you for your help. We need to go now.” She hooked elbows with her sister and tugged her away. “Thank you again.”

A dozen steps away, Annette said in a low voice, “What are you doing?” She spoke French, which Henrietta understood rather better than German, though she didn’t have Triela’s fluency in either.

“Saving you,” the other girl said, “before you disgrace yourself any more. How many more times were you going to ask him if he was married? Or if he’d like to share a meal? If I’d let you go on another minute, you’d have been rubbing on him like a cat.”

Jose watched them go as well, although he couldn’t have heard their conversation. “You did very well, Henrietta. I know meeting strangers isn’t easy sometimes.” He smiled down at her. “You’ve been giving that man’s camera a lot of attention.”

So his eye had been on her, even while he was chatting with that woman. Her heart lifted. “Yes. He took our picture. He’s taking pictures of everything.”

Jose studied the man, who was now pointing his camera towards the frescoed ceiling. “I’m sure he’s harmless. He just wants to remember his visit. Would you like to move on? I don’t know what we’ll find in the gardens this time of year, but something, surely.”

“Yes.”
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 29 Sep 2012 - 21:06

Because she was the first cyborg Kara knew, and because she was nice to her, Kara has a definite soft-spot for Henrietta.

I wonder if Kara would feel the same if she really knew how the girl's mind worked... *shudder*

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Sat 29 Sep 2012 - 21:43

None of the first-generation girls are what they seem, I think. Still waters...
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sun 30 Sep 2012 - 6:24

@Kiskaloo wrote:Because she was the first cyborg Kara knew, and because she was nice to her, Kara has a definite soft-spot for Henrietta.
I think that pretty much goes for everyone… except maybe Elsa… oh, and all those poor unfortunate souls she turned into worm food.

“I don’t hate him specifically, it’s the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.”
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Sun 30 Sep 2012 - 8:36

@Danjo3 wrote:
@Kiskaloo wrote:Because she was the first cyborg Kara knew, and because she was nice to her, Kara has a definite soft-spot for Henrietta.
I think that pretty much goes for everyone… except maybe Elsa… oh, and all those poor unfortunate souls she turned into worm food.

Man, Elsa always makes me depressed. Poor girl, she was one of my fovourite characters and *poof*dead.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sun 30 Sep 2012 - 9:52

Mr. Antonic wrote:Man, Elsa always makes me depressed. Poor girl, she was one of my fovourite characters and *poof*dead.
It doesn’t get any more depressing then Elsa. That’s why I once wrote a story where she and Henrietta did the old handler switch-a-roo. It would have been nice to see her enjoy at least a little happiness.

“I don’t hate him specifically, it’s the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.”
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Sun 30 Sep 2012 - 10:10

@Danjo3 wrote:It doesn’t get any more depressing then Elsa. That’s why I once wrote a story where she and Henrietta did the old handler switch-a-roo. It would have been nice to see her enjoy at least a little happiness.

A drink, to the little blond haired, green eyed tyke that offed her handler and then herself. We miss ya little guy.

A drink for henrietta too.

An' one fer Triela.

Gllr... *hic* and for.. newgh... Beatrice!

I'd better stop before...

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Sun 30 Sep 2012 - 10:12

That was a great fic, Danjo.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sun 30 Sep 2012 - 11:08

@Thescarredman wrote:That was a great fic, Danjo.
Thanks Thescarredman. The poor girl deserved so much more.

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Tue 2 Oct 2012 - 10:17

@Danjo3 wrote:
@Thescarredman wrote:That was a great fic, Danjo.
Thanks Thescarredman. The poor girl deserved so much more.

A sort-of happy ending for Elsa.
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Tross on Sun 7 Oct 2012 - 3:37

Ah, Elsa. While I think The Death of Elsa de Sica Part 1 was better in the manga than the corresponding episode was in the anime, I felt that the additional episode gave her death a bigger impact, since we actually got to know the character first. Obviously Lauro and Elsa were created to be offed, for the sake of showing that the cyborg program wasn't without its consequences. They were pretty much only mentioned in passing once, in the manga, and were offed before they were formally introduced. Something was off about how that episode was paced, which is probably because it wasn't written by Yu Aida. However, The Death of Elsa de Sica Part 2 was all the more powerful in the anime, IMHO, because Elsa and Lauro were actual characters, as opposed to being corpses from the beginning. study
Tross

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Sun 7 Oct 2012 - 6:57

While Elsa's story was heartrending, it was created first and foremost to introduce a dark and unsuspected facet of Henrietta's character and make it believable. Until Elsa, nobody would have believed a cyborg capable of offing her handler. But if you have the right one, and twist her hard enough...
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Tross on Sun 7 Oct 2012 - 18:10

@Thescarredman wrote:While Elsa's story was heartrending, it was created first and foremost to introduce a dark and unsuspected facet of Henrietta's character and make it believable. Until Elsa, nobody would have believed a cyborg capable of offing her handler. But if you have the right one, and twist her hard enough...
And there's that too. Either way, Elsa was pretty much just a plot device. But, she was a plot device handled well enough. I don't think anyone cared about the million and one Bleach characters created for the sake of being killed off.
Tross

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum