Triela

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Triela

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 22:18

ElfenMagix wrote:Question I ask is are they still adjustable as they continue to age or are they fixated at that point?

They would be fixed as I am of the opinion once converted, the natural physical aging process stops (though the mental aging process does not).

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10896

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor on Thu 5 Apr 2012 - 10:17

Merged topics success!

emperor

Forum Posts : 1637

Registration date : 2007-09-09
Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tross on Sun 8 Apr 2012 - 18:14

It seems there are inconsistencies in Triela's height. I think I'll let that one slide given the quality of the writing for this series. I guess even Yu Aida isn't absolutely perfect all the time.

Tross

Forum Posts : 122

Registration date : 2012-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sun 8 Apr 2012 - 19:31

Tross wrote:It seems there are inconsistencies in Triela's height. I think I'll let that one slide given the quality of the writing for this series. I guess even Yu Aida isn't absolutely perfect all the time.
The cyborgs' heights all seem to vary somewhat throughout the series. Personally I've always just put it down to Yu's style developing throughout... also, having tried the comic thing myself, I can tell you that there are some times when all you're interested in doing is getting the blasted page done on time and will happily put up with some height inconsistencies to achieve that. Razz

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5752

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Tross on Sun 8 Apr 2012 - 23:39

That makes sense. Especially considering that the creator of a manga series typically writes and draws it. I've come across one exception, but the artist worked really closely with the writer. Comic books typically have a writer, and more than one person to do the art(one to draw it, one to ink it, and one to do the colours). The writer just writes, and the artists do the art. Manga is typically done in black and white, but between the writing, pencils, and inks, I'm pretty sure it's a lot of work for one person, especially if there's a deadline.

Tross

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sun 8 Apr 2012 - 23:52

Tross wrote:That makes sense. Especially considering that the creator of a manga series typically writes and draws it. I've come across one exception, but the artist worked really closely with the writer. Comic books typically have a writer, and more than one person to do the art(one to draw it, one to ink it, and one to do the colours). The writer just writes, and the artists do the art. Manga is typically done in black and white, but between the writing, pencils, and inks, I'm pretty sure it's a lot of work for one person, especially if there's a deadline.
Pretty much... I've always felt the manga artist gets a bit more creative freedom in that manner: they write the script, but if they find a better way to say something without words and instead in images they can easially re-jig to suit with resonably ease... harder to do with a team. That said (and I'm sure I'll raise a few heckles with this), the larger team a western comic book enjoys means, in general, much higher quality artwork (particularly of late). Personally I like both.

Alfisti

Back to top Go down

Post by Tross on Mon 9 Apr 2012 - 1:44

Well, nowadays especially, comic book art tends to be more detailed than it used to be. But, whether or not comic book art is better is subjective. It has the advantage of colour, and there are a variety of different art styles. That's not to say that manga doesn't have varying art styles. At the very least though, characters in manga look similar, with slight differences depending on who draws them, but otherwise, there's a distinct "look" to manga characters, while comic book characters can't be nailed down to one specific art style. Backgrounds and objects are a different story though, and those aspects of manga art aren't necessarily regulated to a specific style. I think Yu Aida's art looks fairly realistic at times, particularly when he's drawing historical Italian buildings, landmarks or art. Comics tend to have bigger panels to work with, so that might also make a bit of a difference. And yes, comic book artists only have to concentrate on doing the art, which is probably beneficial.

The downside with colour in comics, is that it's a major feature of the art itself. It's all drawn with the intention of being in colour, so so called "DC style reprints" which remove all colour, tend to look a little off, while manga always looks good in black and white, due to being drawn with the intention of being presented that way. Even if a comic's art was grayscaled, as opposed to having all colour removed, I doubt it'd look as good as manga art. I'm glad someone else noticed that a manga's art is another avenue for its creator to express him or herself, and present the story. Manga is a visual medium, and its art is definitely not just pretty pictures. Not only could a scene be presented through just the art, with no dialogue, if it's appropriate to do so, but the art can give a scene the right atmosphere, which is something that cannot be achieved through the dialogue alone(though comic book art does that too). Colour drives up the printing cost, which is why manga is a lot cheaper per page, and is more often seen in graphic novel(or Tankobon) form.

I'd say there are pros and cons to both manga and comic book art, and at the end of the day, both types of art are distinct to certain regions, so that's also a reason to appreciate both for what they are.

Tross

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Mon 9 Apr 2012 - 2:59

The unfortunate thing is, though, that many mangas these days rely too heavily on fancy artwork as their selling point, leaving themselves sparse in the writing department.

Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Forum Posts : 5718

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Mon 9 Apr 2012 - 3:32

Tross wrote:I'd say there are pros and cons to both manga and comic book art, and at the end of the day, both types of art are distinct to certain regions, so that's also a reason to appreciate both for what they are.
Absolutely.

I'd agree that, particularly modern comics don't work so well without colour... to be honest I often find looking at just inks plain confusing. On the flipside of the coin: I think colour is a fantastic way to help set mood, identify scene changes, times of day, etc. There have been a number of instances where the setting has changed in a manga and it's taken me two or three pages to realise. I know when I was doing my own fancomic I considered multiple times going to grey-scale in order to speed up the production process; but each time always stayed with colour because it gave me one more tool in my arsenal. Hats off to those who can work effectively with just greyscale.

I guess how the illustrations and script work together has a lot to do with the genre being utilised. Little character shorts seem to get away with almost no background work at all, but utilise (often exagerated) expression... then there's stuff like Aria where the environment is almost as important as the characters themselves. Either is fine, so long as both components are working together... one of my pet hates is when someone doesn't let both do their jobs and feels the need to have the characters talk about every little thing they do, it defeats the purpose of having two ways to communicate. That extends to internal monologues/thought bubbles as well (Deadpool excepted obviously). The reader (probably) isn't an idiot, let them work it out for themselves.

I'll be honest, aside from GSG, I've not been keeping abrest of recent manga releases, maybe I should get back to paying more attention

Alfisti

Back to top Go down

Post by Tross on Mon 9 Apr 2012 - 22:58

Manga has always been something that varies, and it really depends on the creator. It's also not regulated to one or two genres, so it's really a matter of finding a series you like, and sticking to it. There are those magazines, which apparently collect the latest chapters of a bunch of series, and release them in English, for a NA audience, but they sound like they appeal more to people who pretty much read anything manga related for a specific demographic, or at the very least, having a bunch of series increases the chance of someone liking at least one of them. They don't sound like they're designed for a more finicky audience like myself though, so I stay clear of them. I prefer to collect series I like in volume or omnibus format anyways.

I tend to prefer series that at least give some weight to characters and character development. Shonen series tend to be more action oriented, which doesn't necessarily mean that it's at the expense of character development, but plenty of series, especially the more popular ones, are really hung up on the action to the point that everything else is kind of an afterthought. If a shonen series isn't that great, it tends to fall back on even more fighting to overcompensate for everything else, which doesn't work for me. But, because shojo series tend to focus more on characters, characters also become that much more important. If they're not particularly likeable or well written, or the relationships between characters aren't handled particularly well, the series fails. To make matters worse, if a shojo series isn't that great, it tends to fall back on romance, which is something that requires one to care about the characters first in order to be invested in it. I generally like something that has a good balance of action, and character development, but I do like a variety of different genres, as long as a series is good.

Gunslinger Girl is one of few series that I think gets it all right. It emphasizes characters and character development, so the characters have quite a bit of depth, and it's also important to note the relationships between the characters. That's especially important since this is a series that's meant to be taken seriously, which means it lacks a lot of the leeway a comedy series can have where the plot and characters are concerned.

Wait, what was the point of my post? Puzzled Oh yeah. I don't keep up with current manga either, and instead opt to check out what's already out, that I know I like. So, I don't think there's anything wrong with that at all, since I'm in the same boat.
Tross

Male

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : None. I don't write fanfic.

Comments : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 5:31

Tross wrote:Wait, what was the point of my post? Puzzled Oh yeah. I don't keep up with current manga either, and instead opt to check out what's already out, that I know I like. So, I don't think there's anything wrong with that at all, since I'm in the same boat.
It's nice to know I'm not the only one who will start rambling, then get to the end and wonder what the point was that I was trying to make...

I've always generally considered Gunslinger Girl to be more of a character drama than anything else. Interestingly enough though, I think that it's the adult characters who seem to show the most development across the series, with the girls (with a few exceptions) remaining more static, or perhaps less obvious in their development. In some ways it seems to be played with the girls as a catalyst for change.

I think one of the other things GSG gets right in its characterisations is that they're generally quite subtle, I don't know if that's quite the correct word, but they're not in your face and the characters are logical for their own personalities. That doesn't mean I don't mind a bit of off-the-wall humor either, but it needs to be handled well, perhaps need to be able to suspend my disbelief. I too was never a great fan of the shouen genre, there's only so many times you can hear "I must get stronger" before you basically want to reach through the screen and strangle the script writer (same goes for BMW brochures and the word "dynamic" or any derivative thereof). I did watch through Bleach for awhile but lost interest when it turned out each arc was essentially going to be the same as the last one. I don't need a heap of action to keep me interested (hell, ARIA is probably still my favorite anime, and that's 50 episodes of NOTHING HAPPENING), but I do like good characters and solid world building.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 6:13

Alfisti wrote:...I've always generally considered Gunslinger Girl to be more of a character drama than anything else...
I'd never really thought of GsG as a drama until you just pointed out, since I'm not usually that interested in dramas. You learn something new everyday .
And as far as shows like Bleach go, I'm trying to power through it at the moment because it was recomemnded by a friend (different to the friend from the one that I make fun of because he watches anime [like me] ), htough I don't really have much else to watch at the moment, but it is getting tiresome. Though shows like that help me annoy my little bro by me say something like, "I don't care how big, powerful, or magical his sword is, if one of the badies draws a .44." and than he growls at me and says just to watch it and shut up .

Last edited by Destroyer of Worlds ;D on Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 6:15; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : the usual suspect... Dr. Adolf Grammer)

Audacter calumniare, semper aliquid haeret
slander boldly, something always sticks
Three Dog

Male

Forum Posts : 1243

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Original Characters : Yes, and there are a lot (around 25-ish I think)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Registration date : 2012-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 6:21

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:And as far as shows like Bleach go, I'm trying to power through it at the moment...
You've got quite a lot to power through. Razz

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 7:05

Alfisti wrote:You've got quite a lot to power through. Razz
Indeed I do, though I don't have all of them and I pray it deosn't gon on as long as Naruto, with it's 220 episodes (plus 110 for Shipuden, or Shipooden, or whatever), that if you shorten the fights to make them like realistic ninja battles (since ninjas are just that deadly) or remove the fights altogether (because you can't see ninjas) and all the "I need to be stronger", there's probably only one seasons worth of material in the whole franchise.
Oh, and just finnished watching Doctor Who on ABC, and realised it's also a drama . Seems I watch more dramas than I think, I'd better go see what other programs I watch and enjopy are dramas. (I would add an emoticon with a smiley with a Sherlock Holmes hat, but there isn't one , so I'll use thias one instead [I love emoticons!])

Three Dog

Male

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 7:14

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:Indeed I do, though I don't have all of them and I pray it deosn't gon on as long as Naruto, with it's 220 episodes (plus 110 for Shipuden, or Shipooden, or whatever),
I got bad news for you...

A mate of mine is still watching it, I believe they're up to around the 600 mark at the moment.

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:Oh, and just finnished watching Doctor Who on ABC, and realised it's also a drama . Seems I watch more dramas than I think, I'd better go see what other programs I watch and enjopy are dramas. (I would add an emoticon with a smiley with a Sherlock Holmes hat, but there isn't one , so I'll use thias one instead [I love emoticons!])
Hanging out for the next season of Doctor Who.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 7:19

Alfisti wrote:Hanging out for the next season of Doctor Who.
You know, it's so nice to know that there really does/do (not too sure which I should be using in this context) exist people who are as nerdy as I .

Last edited by Destroyer of Worlds ;D on Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 10:04; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrote the wrong witch/which.)

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 9:49

bleach is taking a break it's currently off air and will be until next year

We are living in the smelly cloud of gods fart,one day the universe will end in a great cloud of airfreshener
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 10:06

Awinnell wrote:bleach is taking a break it's currently off air and will be until next year
It's still going on . Geez, I'm only on disk 2 and I'm already getting bored with it.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tross on Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 2:12

Ah, Bleach. A perfect example of why I decided I'm through with most shonen. It took way longer than it needed to in order to tell its story. And that was the manga. The anime added even more filler. No, I haven't read the manga. My cousin is though, slowly but surely. Of course, once Bleach finally told its story, the only logical thing was to keep the series going, because people were still going to watch it. Capitalism at its finest. cheers I'm glad it's finally ending now though. Not that I really care anymore. Besides, we all know that sort of thing never happens in the West. I don't think anyone could be bothered to watch the latest season of Two and a Half Men, that only exists because the show's creators decided to keep the series going after Charlie Sheen was fired.

While I say I decided I'm through with most shonen, there are exceptions. Full Metal Alchemist has a good mix of action, plot, and character development, and only goes for as long as is necessary to tell its story. It doesn't overstay its welcome, and is one of few series that has almost universal appeal among fans of Japanese media. Oh, apparently Gunslinger Girl is sometimes classified as "shonen". Go figure.

Wow, talk about thread derailment. Well, after reading that scene with Mimi and Roberta in chapter 55, Triela is apparently Italy's Batgirl(at least in the world of Gunslinger Girl). Opinions?
Tross

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 2:54

Tross wrote:Capitalism at its finest. cheers I'm glad it's finally ending now though. Not that I really care anymore. Besides, we all know that sort of thing never happens in the West. I don't think anyone could be bothered to watch the latest season of Two and a Half Men, that only exists because the show's creators decided to keep the series going after Charlie Sheen was fired.
Three cheers fo capitalism, the perfect system that never ever causes any problems.

Tross wrote:Wow, talk about thread derailment. Well, after reading that scene with Mimi and Roberta in chapter 55, Triela is apparently Italy's Batgirl(at least in the world of Gunslinger Girl). Opinions?
Hillshire: *looking all over the Agency grounds trying to find Triela* Where on earth is she?
Triela: *perched atop a ledge overlooking the Agency grounds* I'm Batgirl.

She is the only 'borg I've seen that uses anything slightly resembling a utility belt, or at least the butt stock equivelint, and I do see her as the sort to perch upon high ledges and watch the citizens down below, keeping them safe . Would this make Pinocchio the Joker?

Last edited by Destroyer of Worlds ;D on Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 2:55; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : It starts with G and rhyms with RAMMER)

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 4:12

Tross wrote:Wow, talk about thread derailment.
We're good at that around here, you get used to it.

Tross wrote:Well, after reading that scene with Mimi and Roberta in chapter 55, Triela is apparently Italy's Batgirl(at least in the world of Gunslinger Girl). Opinions?
Nana nana nana nana, nana nana nana nana...

...ok, wrong bat-whatever, but you know what I mean.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 4:35

The Joker IS pretty handy with knives...

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tross on Thu 12 Apr 2012 - 23:19

Alfisti wrote:
Tross wrote:Wow, talk about thread derailment.
We're good at that around here, you get used to it.

Yeah, I noticed this community is a lot more relaxed than most about things like that. I was even informed that thread bumping is ok here, though I doubt I'll be able to break the habit of avoiding it on most occasions.

Ya know, I think Pinocchio actually is a good fit as Triela's "Joker". He's cunning, and was the first to defeat her. The Joker was one step ahead of Batman too. Of course, the Joker lasted much longer, and I'm assuming he took more than one training montage to overcome, but I do think there are similarities. Also, when Triela was depressed about her loss to Pinocchio, she went up on the roof of that military compound, so she technically did perch on a semi-high place, or at least a place above ground where others tend not to go. Puzzled
Tross

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Mon 14 May 2012 - 4:45

I figure this is the most appropriate place for this question: does Triela seem like the knd of question to use snappy one liners such as 'I ain't got time for sleeping', or 'I'll rest when I'm dead'? You know, things that Arnie or Vin Diesel would be proud to say. Or not.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Mon 14 May 2012 - 7:40

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:I figure this is the most appropriate place for this question: does Triela seem like the knd of question to use snappy one liners such as 'I ain't got time for sleeping', or 'I'll rest when I'm dead'? You know, things that Arnie or Vin Diesel would be proud to say. Or not.
I've got to admit that, to me: not really. Triela's intelligent and sometimes gets a smart mouth... but to me she errs toward difficult to read/sometimes sullen or waspish/occasionally bratty/slightly confused teenager rather than the sort to have an answer to everything. I honestly think that a lot of what might come off as a "smart mouth" is actually just a case of feeling that she should say something or needing a reply and throwing out the first thing that comes into her head.

Umm... off topic.

Short answer though is: no, I don't personally see her as the sort to throw out one-liners.

Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Mon 14 May 2012 - 9:22

On the contrary, I think Triela MIGHT drop a one-liner infrequently, albeit more one of the witty James Bond variety.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Mon 14 May 2012 - 12:15

She has been shown to say things like that ti hillshire
crazyidiot78

Male

Forum Posts : 1534

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : none at this time

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Tue 15 May 2012 - 2:11

crazyidiot78 wrote:She has been shown to say things like that ti hillshire
I was thniking that she can be a smart-ass soemtimes, and probably most of all with Hillshire.
Nachtsider wrote:On the contrary, I think Triela MIGHT drop a
one-liner infrequently, albeit more one of the witty James Bond
variety.
That would actually fit well, I think. On the Petra thread when we were discuassing theme songs for the cyborgs, Bond was suggested for Triela. 'Spose she already has the suit, now all the needs is to start drinking martinis instead of red wine, and we have a short, cybernetic Bond.

I'm quite fond of this idea that Tirlea is like Bond

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Fri 13 Jul 2012 - 21:14

update triela status.....she is DECEASED now.....
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Forum Posts : 1169

Fan of : no one

Original Characters : sooo many

Comments : "Should i shoot you, or stab you?"

Registration date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Wed 19 Dec 2012 - 12:34

i've looked deeply into pixiv.net and analyzed it for 2 years from now, the most favorite character drawn by pixiv artist is Triela...no wonder they loved her so much...just look what have they done to her:
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Wed 19 Dec 2012 - 21:13

KuroNeko wrote:update triela status.....she is DECEASED now.....
What?! Jus' like that? Ease us into it man..... I dunno, how 'bout: she's um permanently incapacitated.
Triela has left Da House!... Um, no that's not it. She has become one with the landscape? She used to over and under, now she's just under.
POOR TRIELA!!!! Wahhhhh!
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 1968

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Wed 19 Dec 2012 - 21:15

KuroNeko wrote:i've looked deeply into pixiv.net and analyzed it for 2 years from now, the most favorite character drawn by pixiv artist is Triela...no wonder they loved her so much...just look what have they done to her:
Very uh nice..... Yes indeed! Hilshire you 'ol dog you.... Wink
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 1968

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Thu 20 Dec 2012 - 11:37

the way she dressed as BOY make her very Kawai Razz
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by restonme on Sat 6 Jul 2013 - 12:50

Wileama wrote:Well older guns aren't bad per se, it's just new ones tend to be better. Yes Triela is plenty effective with her current training, and weapon. There are some things to consider though. With a semi-auto shotgun she could actually fire quickly even if one arm where badly injured. A tube magazine offers some advantages over detachable box. One of them however isn't speed. With something like the SPAS-15 Triela could, without a doubt, reload more quickly. While with something like the USAS-12 she could go a full 30 rounds of awesome. What's more is a lot of modern combat shotguns have folding, or adjustable stocks. This makes the gun both he gun easier to conceal, and easier to handle in CQB.

So like I said it isn't so much older guns are bad, as newer ones are better...

zou guzs do know that a Version of that shotgun was favored in world war 2 by Americain soldiers because if you kept the pump inwards and used it more like a grip it could fire automatically.

i know ist a bad Picture but if she kept the pump inwards toward herself it could be used as an automatic shotgun.
restonme

Male

Forum Posts : 30

Fan of : gunslinger girl

Original Characters : Luciana

Comments : error 135625457....member is too awesome.....

Registration date : 2013-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Sat 6 Jul 2013 - 14:32

restonme wrote:
Wileama wrote:Well older guns aren't bad per se, it's just new ones tend to be better. Yes Triela is plenty effective with her current training, and weapon. There are some things to consider though. With a semi-auto shotgun she could actually fire quickly even if one arm where badly injured. A tube magazine offers some advantages over detachable box. One of them however isn't speed. With something like the SPAS-15 Triela could, without a doubt, reload more quickly. While with something like the USAS-12 she could go a full 30 rounds of awesome. What's more is a lot of modern combat shotguns have folding, or adjustable stocks. This makes the gun both he gun easier to conceal, and easier to handle in CQB.

So like I said it isn't so much older guns are bad, as newer ones are better...

zou guzs do know that a Version of that shotgun was favored in world war 2 by Americain soldiers because if you kept the pump inwards and used it more like a grip it could fire automatically.

i know ist a bad Picture but if she kept the pump inwards toward herself it could be used as an automatic shotgun.

not quite true, it could be slam fired, if she held the trigger down it would fire each time she worked the action
quote from wiki ( I know, not always the most reliable source !)

wikipedia wrote:
the Winchester Model 1897 shotgun was deliberately designed to be slamfired by holding the trigger and operating the pump. This permitted a soldier to rapidly spray shells onto a target area

We are living in the smelly cloud of gods fart,one day the universe will end in a great cloud of airfreshener
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon on Tue 9 Jul 2013 - 1:50

Awinnell wrote:
 not quite true, it could be slam fired, if she held the trigger down it would fire each time she worked the action
quote from wiki ( I know, not always the most reliable source !)

wikipedia wrote:
the Winchester Model 1897 shotgun was deliberately designed to be slamfired by holding the trigger and operating the pump. This permitted a soldier to rapidly spray shells onto a target area

A trait shared with the Winchester M12 and the Savage 520, I believe...

Si vis pacem, para bellum

"The two loudest sounds you will ever hear from your weapon are the *bang* when it's supposed to go *click* and the *click* when it's supposed to go *bang*." -Unknown

"220 horses, I got a gun, a siren, a tank full of city gas. Don't you love it?!" - Ofc. Maurice "Bosco" Boscarelli, Third Watch
Officer_Charon

Male

Forum Posts : 1470

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : John Darme.

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Odon on Tue 9 Jul 2013 - 3:58

Yes, I've been trying to work a slam-firing scene into a story, as her cyborg strength would enable Triela to keep her shotgun on target.

"I had a dream. We were together in my dream. We were brother and sister, father and mother, wife and husband. And both of us were both."
-- The Princess and the Warrior

Odon

Male

Forum Posts : 463

Registration date : 2010-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by archivist on Sat 14 Sep 2013 - 20:10

Man, finished the Manga. Very Triela-centric ending. Best character ever; Made Tunisia my favorite African country!

Never test the furthest bounds
Of what's already proven sound,
For fear of breaking all you know
Once the limits you outgo.
Instead turn back and look inside
You never know what you may find
But it is always better than
The outskirts you have left behind.
~Gawain Muir
archivist

Male

Forum Posts : 9

Original Characters : Aia & Anthony

Comments : You wanna comment? Feel free to...

Registration date : 2013-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by PolosElite23 on Wed 27 Nov 2013 - 12:17

Does anyone have a list of what Triela named all of her teddy bears? I've been looking everywhere for that and I can't find it, i need it for a story I'm writing...

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
----
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.

-Stanzas 2+4 of Invictus by William Earnest Henley
PolosElite23

Male

Forum Posts : 914

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire, and Angelica

Original Characters : Various

Comments : A journey of a lifetime starts with a blinking cursor.

Registration date : 2013-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika on Wed 27 Nov 2013 - 13:43

i dunno... i kinda remember she collects teddy bear based on the Snow white and the seven dwarf...our my assumption is wrong about it Razz
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 27 Nov 2013 - 19:29

PolosElite23 wrote:Does anyone have a list of what Triela named all of her teddy bears? I've been looking everywhere for that and I can't find it, i need it for a story I'm writing...
Triela should have eight bears.

Henrietta names six in Chapter 3, all of which are named after the seven dwarves in Disney's Snow White: Bashful, Happy, Dopey, Grump, Sneezy and Sleepy. She receives two bears for Christmas that year (one from Hilshire and one from Mario Bossi), so it stands to reason one of them is named Doc to complete the set and she confirms in Chapter 19 that the one Mario bought her is named Augustus. So that leaves Caligula, who she notes in Chapter 50 arrived the previous summer.

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Wed 27 Nov 2013 - 23:47; edited 2 times in total

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10896

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by PolosElite23 on Wed 27 Nov 2013 - 21:51

Kiskaloo wrote:
PolosElite23 wrote:Does anyone have a list of what Triela named all of her teddy bears? I've been looking everywhere for that and I can't find it, i need it for a story I'm writing...
Triela should have eight bears.

Henrietta names six in Chapter 3, all of which are named after the seven dwarves in Disney's Snow White: Bashful, Happy, Dopey, Grump, Sneezy and Sleepy. She receives two bears for Christmas that year (one from Hilshire and one from Mario Bossi), so it stands to reason one of them is named Doc to complete the set and she confirms in Chapter 19 that the one Mario bought her is named Augustus. So that leaves Caligula, who she notes in Chapter 50 arrived the previous summer.
Thanks a bunch Kisk!

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
----
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.

-Stanzas 2+4 of Invictus by William Earnest Henley
PolosElite23

Male

Forum Posts : 914

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire, and Angelica

Original Characters : Various

Comments : A journey of a lifetime starts with a blinking cursor.

Registration date : 2013-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum