Petrushka

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Petrushka

Post by ElfenMagix on Wed 15 Jul 2009 - 9:24

Dr. Guiliani stated to one of the agency directors (medical director?) that the "this unit's design is weaker in strength then the first generation.", "upper torso was not touched." and "she would live a long life if she is not shot." This would mean to me that Petrushka a)limited, minimal or no internal ballistic protection b) much of her internal structures were left untouched and not cybernetic augmented and/or c)she has some type 1 features that are weaker in comparison to the first gen units.

Though these are fan based scanlations, I would take them as truth because the fans (Tommy and company) at the time did their best to get something out that was as close to the original Japanese as possible. I dont think ADV would do better if and when they get their lazy asses to publishing the actual translated books.

ElfenMagix

Forum Posts : 5676

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 15 Jul 2009 - 9:59

@Robert Frazer wrote:I would delete this:

...though there was an error during her conditioning that wiped all of her previous memories...

Having memory of her pre-Agency life erased wasn't an error - it's standard procedure. There's nothing to suggest that anything went wrong with her creation in her introductory chapters.

And yet the gist I received from reading that chapter was that it was a mistake. Still, I'll delete it just to prevent ambiguity.

I don't think we should comment on Petra's (or the girl's, in general) design since Aida hasn't really shown us just how she differs from the other girls. Since Beatrice's smelling ability appears to be unique and is an important part of her character in many of the stories she's been in, I think that is appropriate.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10890

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Wed 15 Jul 2009 - 10:06

@Kiskaloo wrote:
@Robert Frazer wrote:I would delete this:

...though there was an error during her conditioning that wiped all of her previous memories...

Having memory of her pre-Agency life erased wasn't an error - it's standard procedure. There's nothing to suggest that anything went wrong with her creation in her introductory chapters.

And yet the gist I received from reading that chapter was that it was a mistake. Still, I'll delete it just to prevent ambiguity.
As I see it...
Dr. Duvilare (sp?) noted that her past has to be erased, thus the new face and body reconstruction of Petra into something Elisabetta was not- Taller, red head, green eyes, etc. This would require a past-memories erasure proceedure to make her forget who she was so she would not return to that life. But she was supposed to be programmed with built in training, and this is where the fault may be in, and 'Sandro has to train her like any other handler has to train their cyborg.

ElfenMagix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 19 Aug 2009 - 19:00

Not to be an arsehole, but I'm reading the manga and I find it interesting, so I set off for a forum to discuss it and found this. I've seen the anime, I'm at the Pinochio second part. I haven't even met Pretushka yet, so I'm unbiased as they come. I may even detest her later.

@LoC978 wrote:...you really can't say the same about any of the Gen1 girls. They've all got believable human tragedy to 'em. You can't help but pity them, while you know none of them would want your pity.

That they all forgot, except Rico. They do not remember.

@West Nile wrote:
@Kiskaloo wrote:It is somewhat interesting that -Il Teatrino- chose to ignore Petrushka (at least through episode 13 - I have not seen the two OVAs) even though it came out well after her character was introduced in the manga.

in the same episode Patrisha and d pandania guy look for the SWA, they bump into a girl with short blond hair, can't speak italian, and limps away from them later on. that's Petra.

as for her lifestyle. we have mountain climbers who continue to live on now that they have no legs, piano players that blew their fingers but continue to persevier and all the other people who continue to stand on their own even with Aids or cancer. Petra just dosn't hold a candle up to the other girls. come to think of it how about the other bitches...

Bianchi- *looking at girl lying on surgery table* so why did she put a shot gun in her mouth after taking a whole bottle of sleeping pills?
Lorenzo- her boyfriend broke up with her...

Henrietta said she wanted to die too (or was it Angelica?), before she was brainwashed. Henrietta also displayed one hell of a suicicde tendency in one of the first chapters, when she explained Elsa's death.

Petrushka tried to suicide, sure. That's condemnable, but where do we draw the line? None of the girls remember what happened to them in the past (except Rico, perhaps why she's not forgetting anything like the others are), so why would we discard what they'd want to do if they were left with the memories. I jsut don't see how are any of the others are any braver then Petrushka, when they don't remember and someone interveined before they could even try to think about suiciding.

Sure rape =/= assault =/= losing everything you ever worked for, but who are we to decide which one is more important? I know people who'd prefer to lose a leg, an arm, be tortured, then to lose their dreams. I don't know. I'm not going to hold grudges against Petrushka in that account when I read about her. If she's really disgusting, then it will be for other reasons.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 19 Aug 2009 - 19:18

First off, welcome to the forum! :dance:

0r4ng3 wrote:Henrietta said she wanted to die too...

Yes, the doctor at the hospital where Jose found her noted she "wished to die".

Henrietta also displayed one hell of a suicide tendency in one of the first chapters, when she explained Elsa's death.

And she was also willing to commit murder, as well, just as Elsa did prior to taking her own life.

In my view, Henrietta and Elsa, being so young (I believe they were around 10 when converted) were unable to properly deal with the love for their handlers imposed upon them and it became an obsession. Elsa finally snapped, unable to take not being loved back by Lauro. Because she believes that Jose loves her, Henrietta remains stable, but it's clear she too feels infatuation with Jose and should he act in a way where Henrietta believes he no longer loves her...

*BANG!*

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum on Wed 19 Aug 2009 - 19:45

0r4ng3 wrote:I haven't even met Pretushka yet, so I'm unbiased as they come. I may even detest her later.

Now that's interesting,i'd love it if you could update us ounce you've read further on.

oh and welcome cheers

Totoum

Forum Posts : 480

Registration date : 2007-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Wed 19 Aug 2009 - 22:31

0r4ng3 wrote:Henrietta also displayed one hell of a suicicde tendency in one of the first chapters, when she explained Elsa's death.
Explaining what happened to Elsa =/= wanting to commit suicide

Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Forum Posts : 5718

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 19 Aug 2009 - 22:35

@Nachtsider wrote:
0r4ng3 wrote:Henrietta also displayed one hell of a suicicde tendency in one of the first chapters, when she explained Elsa's death.

But claiming she would do the same thing in the same situation does equal her willing to take her own life if she comes to believe Jose no longer loves her (after taking his life first, of course).

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Wed 19 Aug 2009 - 22:44

Yeah, but a willingness to take your own life under the 'right' circumstances is not equal to being suicidal. Being suicidal means that your mind is constantly pervaded by thoughts of wanting to end your life, no matter what the circumstances are.

Nachtsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 19 Aug 2009 - 22:50

@Nachtsider wrote:Yeah, but a willingness to take your own life under the 'right' circumstances is not equal to being suicidal. Being suicidal means that your mind is constantly pervaded by thoughts of wanting to end your life, no matter what the circumstances are.

Fair enough.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What? I like donuts! - Betty Suarez
If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Scissors of victory! - Yui Hirasawa
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico-chan on Sat 22 Aug 2009 - 11:28

I like Petra but she is....I donīt know she is so...so normal bzw for a Cyborg and she is I think a bit adult with the smoking and so on

Iím in the middle of nothing   And thatís where I want to be

Rico-chan

Female

Forum Posts : 169

Fan of : Rico, Triela and Angelica because I think Angelica have a nice smile

Original Characters : Mel (is a short form for Melanie)

Registration date : 2008-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by MikhailN on Sat 22 Aug 2009 - 16:42

@Rico-chan wrote:I like Petra but she is....I donīt know she is so...so normal bzw for a Cyborg and she is I think a bit adult with the smoking and so on

You're right. She is more "normal" for a cyborg. For me, the two that frighten me the least are Triela and Petra. They're more "human" than Rico or Henrietta

MikhailN

Male

Forum Posts : 583

Fan of : Triela

Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 on Sat 22 Aug 2009 - 19:02

@MikhailN wrote:
@Rico-chan wrote:I like Petra but she is....I donīt know she is so...so normal bzw for a Cyborg and she is I think a bit adult with the smoking and so on

You're right. She is more "normal" for a cyborg. For me, the two that frighten me the least are Triela and Petra. They're more "human" than Rico or Henrietta

Indeed.

Though as for Petra's smoking habit, i'd call it an old case of "Monkey see monkey do."
If it wasn't for Sandro's bullshit of "Normal people your age smoke." then she wouldn't have started in the first place.

On a side note though, I bet Bianchi will have a thing or two to say to Sandro about Petra's smoking. I mean, for all we know it could fuck with the conditioning.

Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Forum Posts : 1950

Fan of : All the SWA girls, Even the adult ones ^_^

Original Characters : Thomas & Sora Dutch

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by MikhailN on Sat 22 Aug 2009 - 19:07

@Tommygunner70 wrote:On a side note though, I bet Bianchi will have a thing or two to say to Sandro about Petra's smoking. I mean, for all we know it could fuck with the conditioning.

I thought he asked for permission already? Anyway it must be hilarious when the reports come out

Bianchi: Sandro, I've got the report on my desk about Petra. There's more tar in her lungs than a road, more alcohol in her blood than vodka and if this goes to the Chief he's going to bill you for the cleanup
Sandro: Guh?

MikhailN

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 22 Aug 2009 - 19:10

Bianchi: "Christ, Ricci. This is the fourth set of artificial lungs we've had to put into Petrushka in the past eighteen months. Have you ever heard of filtered cigarettes? Just because she's Russian doesn't mean she needs to smoke Russian tanker cancer sticks."

bang head

If I die before my time, go on Oprah and tell the world 'I liked kittens'. - Veronica Mars
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 on Sat 22 Aug 2009 - 19:11

@MikhailN wrote:
@Tommygunner70 wrote:On a side note though, I bet Bianchi will have a thing or two to say to Sandro about Petra's smoking. I mean, for all we know it could fuck with the conditioning.

I thought he asked for permission already? Anyway it must be hilarious when the reports come out

Bianchi: Sandro, I've got the report on my desk about Petra. There's more tar in her lungs than a road, more alcohol in her blood than vodka and if this goes to the Chief he's going to bill you for the cleanup
Sandro: Guh?
My thoughts exactly.

On the other hand though; I can see this as a positive affect on Petra. I mean, she isn't being restricted to develop herself in things we take for granted in life.

@Kiskaloo wrote:Bianchi: "Christ, Ricci. This is the fourth set of artificial lungs we've had to put into Petrushka in the past eighteen months. Have you ever heard of filtered cigarettes? Just because she's Russian doesn't mean she needs to smoke Russian tanker cancer sticks."

bang head

LOL!

Is Sandro even aware that she is Russian?

Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Forum Posts : 1950

Fan of : All the SWA girls, Even the adult ones ^_^

Original Characters : Thomas & Sora Dutch

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 22 Aug 2009 - 19:20

@Tommygunner70 wrote:Is Sandro even aware that she is Russian?

Yes. He met her as Elizabetta and he received her full dossier.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Reid on Sat 22 Aug 2009 - 19:40

@Kiskaloo wrote:
@Tommygunner70 wrote:Is Sandro even aware that she is Russian?

Yes. He met her as Elizabetta and he received her full dossier.

I don't think he knows that Elizaveta is Petruska.

In fact when he had to decide her name he asked the guy with him if the girl assigned to him was Italian and the guy answered "She's Russian" and then he decided "Then I'll name her Petruska". So he didn't know she was Russian. He also refused to look at the dossier saying that he wasn't ordering a doll (because they asked him to decide the color of eyes/hair/etc.) and that he was fine with everything they would have given him (except for red hair Very Happy).
Reid

Male

Forum Posts : 13

Original Characters : ---

Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 22 Aug 2009 - 19:53

@Reid wrote:I don't think he knows that Elizabeta is Petruska.

I am quite sure that he does.

While he does indeed tell Louis to pick anyone of the candidates, he does scratch out the names of the candidates he interviewed before Elizabetta. He also asks Louis to drop him off at the book store where he purchases and reads a number of books on ballerinas.

He was also present when Elizabetta was removed from the hospital (Volume 6, Page 93), though he did not look at her so he didn't know at that moment that it was Elizabetta. But as soon as Louis told him she was Russian, he had to know because he knew Elizabetta was Russian and she was likely the only Russian candidate he interviewed.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Reid on Sat 22 Aug 2009 - 21:00

@Kiskaloo wrote:
@Reid wrote:I don't think he knows that Elizabeta is Petruska.

I am quite sure that he does.

While he does indeed tell Louis to pick anyone of the candidates, he does scratch out the names of the candidates he interviewed before Elizabetta. He also asks Louis to drop him off at the book store where he purchases and reads a number of books on ballerinas.

He was also present when Elizabetta was removed from the hospital (Volume 6, Page 93), though he did not look at her so he didn't know at that moment that it was Elizabetta. But as soon as Louis told him she was Russian, he had to know because he knew Elizabetta was Russian and she was likely the only Russian candidate he interviewed.

No, she wasn't a candidate for a bunch of reasons.
It doesn't look like an interview, more a casual encounter to me. They're on the roof (why make an appointment on the roof?), he got scolded by his partner because he's wasting time hitting on girls (why should his partner be angry if it's work?), he justified himself saying he sometimes needs to speak with a mother speaker (again why find excuses if it was for work?). Also at the end he said "Don't give up. You will have success" which I find quite indelicate if he knew she was a candidate and she couldn't hope anymore for anything.
She didn't tell him her name too.
Also the most important thing is that it's mentioned later that they (doctors at the hospital) had to amputate her leg (she was fine on the roof) due to her cancer and that she tried to commit suicide after that. So she became a candidate after that, when I can presume she was in a really bad condition (she fell from the roof of an hospital!).

About the scratches, it's an habit he took from Rossana. They did that with everyone they encountered, so I don't relate that to job interviews.

Yes, he was present at the hospital, but it's a month later and he refused to look at her like you said. Does he still remember a two minutes conversation with a random girl he met for a non related to job reason?
Of course, it could be possible and I could be wrong, but I'm still quite convinced he doesn't know she's Elizaveta.
Reid

Male

Forum Posts : 13

Original Characters : ---

Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 22 Aug 2009 - 21:07

Well, it doesn't really matter either way, so... *shrug*

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 1 Sep 2009 - 15:26

@Kiskaloo wrote:First off, welcome to the forum! :dance:

Thank you. I love your avatar and sign. Valkyria Chronicles is one of the best games I ever played this generation.

@Kiskaloo wrote:
Henrietta also displayed one hell of a suicide tendency in one of the first chapters, when she explained Elsa's death.

And she was also willing to commit murder, as well, just as Elsa did prior to taking her own life.

In my view, Henrietta and Elsa, being so young (I believe they were around 10 when converted) were unable to properly deal with the love for their handlers imposed upon them and it became an obsession. Elsa finally snapped, unable to take not being loved back by Lauro. Because she believes that Jose loves her, Henrietta remains stable, but it's clear she too feels infatuation with Jose and should he act in a way where Henrietta believes he no longer loves her...

*BANG!*
True this, I expect it or wish) to happen sooner or later with Henriquetta. I always found strange that no handlers had girlfriends except one.

@Totoum wrote:
0r4ng3 wrote:I haven't even met Pretushka yet, so I'm unbiased as they come. I may even detest her later.

Now that's interesting,i'd love it if you could update us ounce you've read further on.

oh and welcome cheers

I will. I still haven't finished though.

Thanks.

@Nachtsider wrote:

She said she'd do the same thing as Elsa did if she was in her place.

I still haven't reached Petrushka yet. Holidays and all.

Thanks for the welcome.

@Nachtsider wrote:Yeah, but a willingness to take your own life under the 'right' circumstances is not equal to being suicidal. Being suicidal means that your mind is constantly pervaded by thoughts of wanting to end your life, no matter what the circumstances are.

No one knew which one of them had killed the other at that point. If Henrietta had that idea, then she's as unstable or worse than Elsa was. She didn't even need to go through what Elsa did to come up with it.

Petrushka's 'right' circunstance was losing her dream from what I read here. Anyone would be rattled about it. I'd say that's a lot more udnerstandable than being annoyed that your crush doesn't feel the same for you. Unstable hormones aside, one was 10, the other 16, so equating age that as well brings us to the same dead end. Frankly speaking, I wouldn't say Petrushka was suicidal either, it was more of a impulsive decision than anything else. "True" suiciders think about it for years and then do it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 1 Sep 2009 - 15:56

0r4ng3 wrote:True this, I expect it or wish) to happen sooner or later with Henriquetta. I always found strange that no handlers had girlfriends except one.

That might factor into the people selected for being handlers. Secrecy is critically important and a girlfriend or wife is one of the more likely "confidants" someone will turn to. The Agency probably figures that handlers will eventually suffer a "crisis of the faith", but if they have nobody but each other to turn to, that becomes a self-reinforcing scenario to keep them "in the fold".

Marco was the first handler so having a girlfriend probably wasn't specifically seen as something bad. It's also quite possible that Sophia was still alive while Jean was with Section 2 (I expect Volume 12 will give us the true details), though he did not become a handler until after her murder.

0r4ng3 wrote:No one knew which one of them had killed the other at that point. If Henrietta had that idea, then she's as unstable or worse than Elsa was. She didn't even need to go through what Elsa did to come up with it.

Logically, Elsa had to have killed Lauro first because Lauro's wound was to the back of his head, while Elsa's was to her eye.

As to Petrushka, I agree her decision to jump was more impulsive based on feelings of depression. In addition to losing her "dream", she also likely felt she'd lose the guy she was interested in (since she would no longer be at the Academy) and what life she might have faced as an amputee in post-Soviet society.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Tue 1 Sep 2009 - 17:43

So, someone who can figure out a murderer's motives is as unstable as the murderer him/herself?

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Tue 1 Sep 2009 - 18:16

@Nachtsider wrote:So, someone who can figure out a murderer's motives is as unstable as the murderer him/herself?

No, but someone who both figured them out and then agreed with them - to the point of saying they would take the same course of action in the same situation (as Henrietta did) - would be, IMO.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer on Tue 1 Sep 2009 - 18:24

and what life she might have faced as an amputee in post-Soviet society.

That's something worth emphasising. Elizabeta came out of a background of abject poverty (the Bolshoi Ballet's headmistress said that she'd suffered "hardships most people can't even imagine") and gained her place through pure talent rather than old ex-Party connections - but with her place at the Ballet gone, so goes her state meal ticket... and with precious little else to fall back on. It wouldn't have been the end of the world, but ekeing out a living in a Belarus slum would be a dispiriting half-life in comparison to the few heady, mesmerising years in the budding of youth when she lived under the arches of Russia's venerable imperial splendour.

That said, I don't really believe that that was going through Elizabeta's head when she threw herself off the roof - Elizabeta wasn't estranged from her parents back in Belarus, and in any case it does sound rather mercenary, as though she cared for nothing else than materialism and the sordid topic of coin. We know that that wasn't how she thought anyway - ballet was her whole raison d'etre; the end of her dream crushed her spirit, and was enough to propel her over the railings on its own. There were other significant factors stemming from the amputation, but she wasn't conscious of them in her misery.

PASSION LIVES HERE
Prose Stories
Robert Frazer

Male

Forum Posts : 1156

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Tue 1 Sep 2009 - 18:38

Though I agree with Nacht & Kisk on predicting mindsets, I have to say about this of Elisabetta...

Though she would be an amputee, it does not end her dance career, because it does not end the options of dancing. All she wanted to be was the star of the show, like others before her. Teaching was too good for her, taking on lesser roles was beneathe her. Therefore, with the amputation of the leg, she saw her 'dreams' shattered. It was not dancing that was her dream, but dancing to the point where she was #1 in the world was. Therefore for her it was Game Over.

Considering the state of Cybernetic Prosthesis in Italy, as stated by Angie's cousin, "I think and it moves", if that child was able to compete in soccer with the regular kids and be on a team, a simillar leg on Elisabeta would have given her much of her dancing ability back. But instead, she rather off herself and not even try.

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Tue 1 Sep 2009 - 21:31

the problem lies in the ballet academy she was attending (for free). As Mr. Frazer said, she wouldn't have been able to continue at the Bolshoi as an amputee. Sure, she might have eventually been able to pay her way into another academy, but her free ride was done.

...that being said... I still see her as incredibly weak for attempting suicide over that.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Wed 2 Sep 2009 - 1:04

@LoC978 wrote:...that being said... I still see her as incredibly weak for attempting suicide over that.
I agree. Her back story really does nothing to help her popularity problem. Sorry Petra lovers, but I still wish she had been successful when she took the leap into eternity.

ďI donít hate him specifically, itís the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.Ē
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by MikhailN on Wed 2 Sep 2009 - 2:11

@Danjo3 wrote:
@LoC978 wrote:...that being said... I still see her as incredibly weak for attempting suicide over that.
I agree. Her back story really does nothing to help her popularity problem. Sorry Petra lovers, but I still wish she had been successful when she took the leap into eternity.

I agree with you on that. I believe that at that moment in time that little hop must have been such a brilliant idea. If she knew that because of that hop she would end up at the beck and call of a stranger, a slave to some shady foreign agency and the stuff of many fanboys' ogle and lewd leer all over the world, I believe she would have made sure she died

MikhailN

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 8 Sep 2009 - 23:04

I finally finished the whole thing. I still don't see how Petra can be this hated. Sure she's annoying at times, but Henrietta bothers me far more for example.

Back to top Go down

Post by MikhailN on Tue 8 Sep 2009 - 23:14

0r4ng3 wrote:I finally finished the whole thing. I still don't see how Petra can be this hated. Sure she's annoying at times, but Henrietta bothers me far more for example.

I'm with you there High Five

MikhailN

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Wed 9 Sep 2009 - 18:03

0r4ng3 wrote:I finally finished the whole thing. I still don't see how Petra can be this hated. Sure she's annoying at times, but Henrietta bothers me far more for example.

I expect that for the first five volumes, Triela was Yu's favorite character so he spent the majority of the story focussing on her which raised her stature in the eyes of most of the fan base.

He might have gotten tired of writing her as the main focus of the story, but he placed her so far beyond the other Generation 1 girls he probably saw little choice but to bring in a new character completely different from not just the Generation 1 cyborgs, but also from Triela.

With the focus now off their "favorite", the fanbase (well, the US fanbase, at least) rioted so Yu went back to focussing on Triela again with later volumes (after spending a volume offing Angelica).

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 10:16

@Kiskaloo wrote:With the focus now off their "favorite", the fanbase (well, the US fanbase, at least) rioted so Yu went back to focussing on Triela again with later volumes (after spending a volume offing Angelica).
I guess all we can do is hope that he learned his lesson.

ďI donít hate him specifically, itís the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.Ē
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 10:27

Since Triela ranks mid-pack in my book, I hope he keeps looking "beyond the blonde". Smile

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 11:03

@Kiskaloo wrote:Since Triela ranks mid-pack in my book, I hope he keeps looking "beyond the blonde".
Careful Kisk - you wouldnít want to spark another fan base riot now would you?

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 13:31

@Danjo3 wrote:
@Kiskaloo wrote:With the focus now off their "favorite", the fanbase (well, the US fanbase, at least) rioted so Yu went back to focussing on Triela again with later volumes (after spending a volume offing Angelica).
I guess all we can do is hope that he learned his lesson.

I didn't.

@Danjo3 wrote:Careful Kisk - you wouldnít want to spark another fan base riot now would you?

And I would.

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2559

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 17:28

...Do The Math...

Last edited by ElfenMagix on Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 17:32; edited 1 time in total

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MikhailN on Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 17:30

@boomer_gonz wrote:
@Danjo3 wrote:uot;]Careful Kisk - you wouldnít want to spark another fan base riot now would you?

And I would.

Riot? Sounds like fun. Can I join?

MikhailN

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 17:52

@MikhailN wrote:If she knew that because of that hop she would end up at the beck and call of a stranger, a slave to some shady foreign agency and the stuff of many fanboys' ogle and lewd leer all over the world, I believe she would have made sure she died
She strike you as the kind who wouldn't like to be fanboyed?

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 17:58

@Nachtsider wrote:
@MikhailN wrote:If she knew that because of that hop she would end up at the beck and call of a stranger, a slave to some shady foreign agency and the stuff of many fanboys' ogle and lewd leer all over the world, I believe she would have made sure she died
She strike you as the kind who wouldn't like to be fanboyed?
I dont see why not?
She was already doing so as a dancer!

You know how many shows she must do, must practice for, travel around the nation if the not globe... how many of her picts be on show brochures, etc etc etc....

All this says is that SHE DOES!!!

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Fri 11 Sep 2009 - 0:21

@Nachtsider wrote:She strike you as the kind who wouldn't like to be fanboyed?
Actually, she strikes me as the type who would like to have fanboys sticking dollar bills in her g-string.

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 on Fri 11 Sep 2009 - 0:35

petrushka is cool. What with her shotgun and kung fu skills.....wait.....?

well petrushka is moeable

I'm actually a hardcore otaku who likes maids more than having three meals in a day and I only read books related to maids. Also, I only visit maid cafes. Of course I also collect maid figurines, I play games which feature maids and it turns me on so much that I'll wear the maid uniforms and jump in joy.
tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Forum Posts : 1069

Fan of : Moe~

Original Characters : youru kun

Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Fri 11 Sep 2009 - 16:27

@Danjo3 wrote:
@Nachtsider wrote:She strike you as the kind who wouldn't like to be fanboyed?
Actually, she strikes me as the type who would like to have fanboys sticking dollar bills in her g-string.
Being a professional dancer, she is 1/2 there!

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Fri 11 Sep 2009 - 17:05

ballerinas are traditionally paid before the dance,sound familiar ?

We are living in the smelly cloud of gods fart,one day the universe will end in a great cloud of airfreshener
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Fri 11 Sep 2009 - 17:47

So are most Strippers. Evil

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 on Sun 13 Sep 2009 - 18:23

your comments make me rage!
you gonna get petra fied

I'm actually a hardcore otaku who likes maids more than having three meals in a day and I only read books related to maids. Also, I only visit maid cafes. Of course I also collect maid figurines, I play games which feature maids and it turns me on so much that I'll wear the maid uniforms and jump in joy.
tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Forum Posts : 1069

Fan of : Moe~

Original Characters : youru kun

Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 25 Oct 2009 - 20:13

I hate petra.
I lost interest in the manga series because of her

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum on Thu 29 Oct 2009 - 3:55

pandabear wrote:I hate petra.

Just skip vol 6-8 then and pick it back up at vol 9 where there's lots of angelica and triela.

"The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult; the day he forgives himself, he becomes wise."Alden Nowlan
"Happy is the one who's able to laugh at himself:he's sure to be entertained for a long time"

Totoum

Male

Forum Posts : 480

Fan of : claes

Registration date : 2007-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Thu 29 Oct 2009 - 10:32

@Totoum wrote:
pandabear wrote:I hate petra.
Just skip vol 6-8 then and pick it back up at vol 9 where there's lots of angelica and triela.
Yeah, but ignoring Petra is a lot like trying to ignore that big crap some bird dropped on your windshield.

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 29 Oct 2009 - 10:59

All I have to say is that Petrushka outlives Triela I am going to laugh for days. Muh-m-muhahahaha!

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Thu 29 Oct 2009 - 11:17

@Kiskaloo wrote:All I have to say is that Petrushka outlives Triela I am going to laugh for days.
I donít think thereís any doubt she will.

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Thu 29 Oct 2009 - 11:44

@Danjo3 wrote:
@Kiskaloo wrote:All I have to say is that Petrushka outlives Triela I am going to laugh for days.

Well they do say living well is the best revenge, so I imagine just living is a good revenge. Very Happy

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Thu 29 Oct 2009 - 15:13

@Kiskaloo wrote:
@Danjo3 wrote:

Well they do say living well is the best revenge, so I imagine just living is a good revenge.

To rip off a line from one of the most underrated sequels of all time;

Triela to Petrushka: Just remember this twinkle toes. You'll never be me, you'll only be the one who replaced me.

The Power of Claes Compels You!!!
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2559

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Thu 29 Oct 2009 - 23:40

@boomer_gonz wrote:
@Kiskaloo wrote:
@Danjo3 wrote:

Well they do say living well is the best revenge, so I imagine just living is a good revenge.

To rip off a line from one of the most underrated sequels of all time;

Triela to Petrushka: Just remember this twinkle toes. You'll never be me, you'll only be the one who replaced me.
Damn Skippy!

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 on Fri 30 Oct 2009 - 5:46

I'm not sure why you guys single out Petra for so much hate. I love all of the characters.

Except Beatrice. Fuck Beatrice, she's better off dead.

j/k.

Glocks are not the shit. Glocks can fail the same as any other gun. I've seen it personally, and have even heard first-hand accounts of something as basic as a slide-retaining pin snapping, the slide flying off. Get over the obsession and buy what fits your hand, your wallet, and ability.
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 823

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by MikhailN on Fri 30 Oct 2009 - 7:16

@maverick375 wrote:I'm not sure why you guys single out Petra for so much hate. I love all of the characters.

Same here. I think they just hate redheads

MikhailN

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Fri 30 Oct 2009 - 10:43

@maverick375 wrote:Except Beatrice. Fuck Beatrice, she's better off dead.
Oh lord! How did poor little Bicť get dragged into this?

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MikhailN on Fri 30 Oct 2009 - 11:09

@Danjo3 wrote:
@maverick375 wrote:Except Beatrice. Fuck Beatrice, she's better off dead.
Oh lord! How did poor little Bicť get dragged into this?

For Teh Lulz Razz

MikhailN

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down