Petrushka

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Petrushka

Post by Three Dog on Sat 7 Apr 2012 - 11:27

I connot for the life of me rember any of that scene at New Trino aside form, 'Petra jumped rediculously bloody high after jumping to a pole thingy sticking out of the wall for no apparnet perpose but to be jumped upon'. though that does seem plausable since a pair of second gens did earlier topple a big ol' crane to crush an IFV. It could also be adverse affect of the 'Nuclear' part of the nuclear power plant (which, yes, I realsie it is decomisioned, but there may still be fissile material laying about, plus there was the whole 'Giacomo bringing along a nuke' thing). Or irradiating a cyborg may be part of the cyborgisation process in order to give them thier inhuman abillities. Or Petra's legs have springs and shite in them?

Seriously though, I'd say that Second Gens were desighned more for agility than the Gen Ones were, and so have been desighned to go faster and higher, at the expense of durability. I'd better stop here before I start trying (the key word there is "TRYING") to turn this into something I could hand up to my physics teacher; it's too late at night, or is it morning now? Anyway, pysics + late night = brain anurism shortly followed by death. So I'll end my rant on this note, the cyborgs are physics defying machines like the TARDIS (minus time travel) who can only be stopped by the mighty hammer Mjolnir (or modern day equivelent).

Last edited by Destroyer of Worlds ;D on Sat 7 Apr 2012 - 11:29; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : The reason most people have to go back and edit, grammer)

Three Dog

Forum Posts : 1243

Registration date : 2012-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 7 Apr 2012 - 11:43

While built on the site of the decommissioned Enrico Fermi facility, New Trino was an operating nuclear power plant.

I always saw the Generation 1 girls as "shock troops" designed to rush their targets, soaking up damage as they did so. Being smaller made them harder to hit.

Due to their larger size and lower armor, the Generation 2 girls appear to operate along squad level tactics, taking advantage of cover and such to approach their target and engage them.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10896

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 7 Apr 2012 - 18:37

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:the cyborgs are physics defying machines like the TARDIS (minus time travel).
They're bigger on the inside?

There's a bad joke to be made there, but I'm not going to be the one to make it.

My veiw on the Gen1 vs. Gen2 designs sort of echo's Kisk's: I've generally pictured the Gen1 girls as being harder, better, faster, stronger... but also bloody expensive, unreliable (conditioning wise) and with short useable lifespans. The Gen2s I see as being engineered to address these latter issues, at the expense of some of the Gen1 advantages. As such, as Kisk touched on, perhaps they need to rely more on agility and tactics than the Gen1s do: destroyers to the Gen1 drednaughts if you will.

Ok, poor example. I still think the Gen1s are stronger and faster, but power-to-weight I'd expect the Gen1s still have an advantage on the Gen2s. As Boomer and Nacht have pointed out: the Gen1s have done some crazy-jumping as well; perhaps not as showillly as Petra, but it has been there.

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5757

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Sat 7 Apr 2012 - 19:28

Alfisti wrote:

My veiw on the Gen1 vs. Gen2 designs sort of echo's Kisk's: I've generally pictured the Gen1 girls as being harder, better, faster, stronger... but also bloody expensive, unreliable (conditioning wise) and with short useable lifespans. The Gen2s I see as being engineered to address these latter issues, at the expense of some of the Gen1 advantages. As such, as Kisk touched on, perhaps they need to rely more on agility and tactics than the Gen1s do: destroyers to the Gen1 drednaughts if you will.
Sort of like a quantity over quality thing (In some respects anyway)? That does make a lot of sense, Second Gens would have been created during the GCF hey, or do I hace my dates wrong? Makes snese that they would be a cheper version, if so.
Alfitsi wrote:

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:the cyborgs are physics defying machines like the TARDIS (minus time travel).
They're bigger on the inside?

There's a bad joke to be made there, but I'm not going to be the one to make it.
I'll defend the Second Gens to the death (on most subjects), but I also thingk of them as friends (I'll be polite as fuck to complete strangers, but if I've known you a little while and consider you a friend, Imma be a complete asshole). And it is the social convension, so knock youslef out.

Three Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 7 Apr 2012 - 20:15

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:Sort of like a quantity over quality thing (In some respects anyway)? That does make a lot of sense, Second Gens would have been created during the GCF hey, or do I hace my dates wrong? Makes snese that they would be a cheper version, if so.
Honestly I gave in trying to figure out the GSG timeline awhile ago. I know some have tried to work it out, but I tend to just classify it as "modern" and leave it at that. For my own fiction I guess it's set about now-ish (ie. a couple of years after the GFC... if only because I like to use it as part of my stories).

As to the Gen2's, part of it might be quantity over quality, but by the same token there's only so much money in a budget and someone may have decided they wanted a longer return on their investment.

The other way of course to look at it is to keep in mind that one of the goals of the SWA is to take cyborg technology to a point where it can be used for prosthetics and on adults. From that perspective you could view the Gen1 girls as a sort of proof-of-concept: they're expensive and the engineering is all still a little bit barn-door with more allowances needing to be made in order for the cybernetics to work. With the Gen2 girls the technology is being refined so it's cheaper and interfaces more cleanly: they're less machine and more squidgy, biologial human.

Alfisti

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Sat 7 Apr 2012 - 20:38

Alfisti wrote:
The other way of course to look at it is to keep in mind that one of the goals of the SWA is to take cyborg technology to a point where it can be used for prosthetics and on adults. From that perspective you could view the Gen1 girls as a sort of proof-of-concept: they're expensive and the engineering is all still a little bit barn-door with more allowances needing to be made in order for the cybernetics to work. With the Gen2 girls the technology is being refined so it's cheaper and interfaces more cleanly: they're less machine and more squidgy, biologial human.
For some reason, I just can't see leaving them more human as a step foward. However, I'm probably looking at this from a millitary point of view, where thougher, shock trooper type models would be better than weaker, group tactic models (dependant on the situation of coarse. FIsrt Gens would be better when working alone of with other FIrst Gens, whereas Second Gens would be better for working with a human squad). Truth be told, I'd forgotten about the medical aims of the project, which must be advancing well since Angelica's cousin had a prostetic limb that allowed him to still play soccer.

Oh, and another way Petra could have jumped from that beam, even if she was pushing on it with great force at landing and take off. The beam was made out of dark matter, the most dense material in the universe, thus being a bitch to try and move.

Three Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 7 Apr 2012 - 21:09

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:
Alfisti wrote:
For some reason, I just can't see leaving them more human as a step foward. However, I'm probably looking at this from a millitary point of view, where thougher, shock trooper type models would be better than weaker, group tactic models (dependant on the situation of coarse. FIsrt Gens would be better when working alone of with other FIrst Gens, whereas Second Gens would be better for working with a human squad). Truth be told, I'd forgotten about the medical aims of the project, which must be advancing well since Angelica's cousin had a prostetic limb that allowed him to still play soccer.

Oh, and another way Petra could have jumped from that beam, even if she was pushing on it with great force at landing and take off. The beam was made out of dark matter, the most dense material in the universe, thus being a bitch to try and move.
In both the Gen 1s and Gen2s, the SWA tries to make the girls more machine than human through the conditioning medication. A faithful soldier who does not question his orders...

But Fernando's (my handler OC) argument is "No matter how much flesh is taken away and replaced with machine, you are still human on the inside."

With today's prosthetics, several would be Olympic Athletes were disqualified because their prosthesis gave them an unfair advantage. And this is with simple machines... not computerized subsystems that cybernetics are.

ElfenMagix

Forum Posts : 5682

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Sat 7 Apr 2012 - 21:22

ElfenMagix wrote:In both the Gen 1s and Gen2s, the SWA tries to make the girls more machine than human through the conditioning medication. A faithful soldier who does not question his orders...
I'm not going to dispute that the SWA is looking for obedient soliders, what I was saying before is that, with the ultimate aim of making the cybernetics commercially viable for the civillian population, the cybernetics on the Gen2 girls seem to interface better with their original biological components, hence the SWA is able to use more of their original bodies. In that manner there's more human components in a Gen2 than a Gen1, with the added upshot that they're cheaper to produce, so it was "human" in a "percentage natural bits" sense.

It's a theory anyway. Razz

On the conditioning front, I still think the Gen2s seem to be more capable of latteral thought than the Gen1s and certainly seem to act more like normal teenagers. On the flip side, the SWA's ability to imprit them seems to have gotten better as well (see their encyclopaedic knowledge of firearms as an example). I wouldn't be suprised to find that, while they're more "normal" on the surface, the deep indoctrination is much stronger than in the Gen1s.

Alfisti

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo on Sat 7 Apr 2012 - 21:33

I'm following the tack with GSG: TNG that the goal is to make full-function cybernetic replacement prosthetics and organs available to the general public, both to replace damaged limbs/organs and to address genetic defects (both at birth and degenerate in nature).

They started with young girls because a child's brain was the most adaptable to the technology. They chose girls because they were afraid the natural male aggressiveness might have made the cyborgs less controllable / more dangerous to the handler. The "Gunslinger Girls" were on off-shoot of the technology to push the envelope and advance it as fast as possible outside of normal medical / ethical channels and to serve a military and law enforcement need.

After a couple of years of "practice", the technology was adaptable to teenage brains and the Second Generation cyborgs came into being. Cost and design considerations dictated that they were not as structurally enhanced as the First Generation.

Now they're just about ready for young adults (early to mid-twenties) and plans are being drawn up for the Third Generation.

The final, Fourth Generation, would be fully-grown adults. However, the reality would be that the technology would finally be ready for general use and not the creation of a combat cyborg.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10896

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Sat 7 Apr 2012 - 21:52

Kiskaloo wrote:The final, Fourth Generation, would be fully-grown adults. However, the reality would be that the technology would finally be ready for general use and not the creation of a combat cyborg
While true, the tech would be available for civilian use by the general public, it would more than likely go through millitary use before hand, like a number of modern wonders, such as M&Ms which were origonally designed so that soldiers could eat something to give them a quick boost of energy without getting thier fingers all sticky. Okay, bad example, but you get the point; millitary applications are not the fianl goal, but are still there.

Last edited by Destroyer of Worlds ;D on Sat 7 Apr 2012 - 21:53; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Grammer. what a surprise there, huh?)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Audacter calumniare, semper aliquid haeret
slander boldly, something always sticks
Three Dog

Male

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Original Characters : Yes, and there are a lot (around 25-ish I think)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Sat 7 Apr 2012 - 23:47

[quote="ElfenMagix"][quote="Destroyer of Worlds ;D"]
Alfisti wrote:

With today's prosthetics, several would be Olympic Athletes were disqualified because their prosthesis gave them an unfair advantage. And this is with simple machines... not computerized subsystems that cybernetics are.

I remember reading about those and it is frightening and shocking just how much life is begining to imitate art. I wonder if we will see cybernetics like gunslginer girl in our life times.

On a second note the military as driven technological inovation sice time began. Conflict is the mother of invention so in that sense GSG has stayed true to life in my opinion. We can see that today with some of the best inovations for replacement limbs coming out of treatment for war vets.
crazyidiot78

Male

Forum Posts : 1534

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : none at this time

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Sun 22 Apr 2012 - 8:47

crazyidiot78 wrote:...I wonder if we will see cybernetics like gunslginer girl in our life times.
Maybe. There have been some pretty amazing advances since I was born, and I'm 17.
Not sure if it's to be believed or not, but a relief teacher (the one that was in Desert Storm) was saying that Enhanced Comabt Infantry Devices or CID for short are a reality. (They're like the big mech things from Avatar) Not to sure whether it's true or not and we may not find out for sometime, since projects like that are kept secret. Hell, there mat already be cyborgs similar to those we read about in GsG, or they could be more RoboCop or Terminator style. Who knows?

Three Dog

Male

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tross on Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 4:00

I definitely think cyborgs like the ones in GsG are possible. That's the thing about science fiction. Not all of it is impossible. I wouldn't quite call it hard science fiction, since it's set in the past decade, when I'm pretty sure there weren't actually cyborgs running around in Italy(not that I've ever been there). Puzzled But, since the series is not only set in more or less the ballpark of the present day, and the fictional tech featured in it isn't nearly as far fetched as a lot of other sci-fi tech, it's actually pretty believable. Believability is important with a series like this, especially since it's not set way into the future, which means that Yu Aida can't use the couple centuries later cop-out to justify anything radical, which is why I'm glad GsG has said believability.
Tross

Male

Forum Posts : 122

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : None. I don't write fanfic.

Comments : N/A

Registration date : 2012-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 4:27

They do say that art imitates life. Nice save with the:
Tross wrote:, when I'm pretty sure there weren't actually cyborgs running around in Italy(not that I've ever been there). Puzzled
I didn't put anything like that in and I've been dodging men in suits and black helicopters for a couple of days now. The tin foil hat helps with that.
Tross wrote:But, since the series is not only set in more or less the ballpark of
the present day, and the fictional tech featured in it isn't nearly as
far fetched as a lot of other sci-fi tech, it's actually pretty
believable. Believability is important with a series like this,
especially since it's not set way into the future, which means that Yu
Aida can't use the couple centuries later cop-out to justify anything
radical, which is why I'm glad GsG has said believability.
That's one of the things I like about the series to. Anything set between WWII and now, I can usually get into because I know a bit about that period and technologies avalible at the time. And I can bitch and whine whne they get a detail wrong.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 7:13

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:I didn't put anything like that in and I've been dodging men in suits and black helicopters for a couple of days now. The tin foil hat helps with that.

It works better if you put a plastic bowl over the tin foil since the plastic works in a syngistic manner to completely stop the signals from the implant they put in your hypothalimus. Also i don't recomnd trying to pull it out by sticking tweezer up your nose unless you want to give yourelf a lombotomy.
crazyidiot78

Male

Comments : Me- So I used Naruto as a way to explain how viruses destroy cells in class ...... ok that as odd...... but it actually worked.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has six different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salt sheep heads

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Thu 26 Apr 2012 - 5:22

crazyidiot78 wrote: Also i don't recomnd trying to pull it out by sticking tweezer up your nose unless you want to give yourelf a lombotomy.
Too late, can't even do simple calculus anymore .
Of coarse, I could never do calculus before either. (Least not till today, I learneded it in math )

crazyidiot87 wrote:It works better if you put a plastic bowl over the tin foil since the
plastic works in a syngistic manner to completely stop the signals from
the implant they put in your hypothalimus.
But will it stop the microwaves from the satelite?

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tross on Thu 26 Apr 2012 - 23:41

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:They do say that art imitates life. Nice save with the:
Tross wrote:, when I'm pretty sure there weren't actually cyborgs running around in Italy(not that I've ever been there). Puzzled

Heh. I never said I believed it to the extent that it could be a real thing right now. Wink

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:That's one of the things I like about the series to. Anything set between WWII and now, I can usually get into because I know a bit about that period and technologies avalible at the time. And I can bitch and whine whne they get a detail wrong.
I think a big part of what makes the cyborg technology believable is that it's developed by a secret underground organization. Well, ok, an organization that people know about, but believe it's something entirely different. It's technology that most people wouldn't know about. Well, I suppose there were always terrorists that started to fear an organization with child assassins, so obviously some word spread, which does make it a little less believable. But, it was clearly not spread to the common folk. On the other hand, I'm sure that's just one more reason why they went with teenagers for the second gens. If terrorists are weary of little girls, they won't know what hit them when the 16 year old girl nearby plugs them in the head with the Glock she kept hidden. That actually makes it a little more believable, at least in terms of how an organization like that can keep its true nature secret if many already know what it does, or at least be able to maintain the element of surprise. So, maybe Yu Aida dodged a bit of a bullet himself there.
Tross

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Fri 27 Apr 2012 - 6:22

the problems with using little girls as super soldiers are manyfold,it breaks Italian national law, EU law and violates several UN mandates on the use of child soldiers(Eg ,Kony),switching to older girls for the Gen 2 especially in light of their longer lifespan makes it more socially acceptable as well

We are living in the smelly cloud of gods fart,one day the universe will end in a great cloud of airfreshener
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Fri 27 Apr 2012 - 6:36

Awinnell wrote:the problems with using little girls as super soldiers are manyfold,it breaks Italian national law, EU law and violates several UN mandates on the use of child soldiers(Eg ,Kony),switching to older girls for the Gen 2 especially in light of their longer lifespan makes it more socially acceptable as well
I think they would have to try pretty hard to do something less socially acceptable, short of achieving Hitler level infamy/evilness. Something like converting toddlers or executing, sorry... recycling, the cyborgs when they begin to have problems. e.g. ANgelica's memory or lack of effectiveness.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Fri 27 Apr 2012 - 8:17

Honestly, I think that avoiding breaches of international law was the least of the SWA's priorities (if such a priority indeed existed at all) when they decided to use teenage cyborgs instead of kid ones.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyidiot78 on Fri 27 Apr 2012 - 8:35

Nachtsider wrote:Honestly, I think that avoiding breaches of international law was the least of the SWA's priorities (if such a priority indeed existed at all) when they decided to use teenage cyborgs instead of kid ones.

Yes I would imagine most black programs that countries run around the world tend to ignore international law among other things
crazyidiot78

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Fri 27 Apr 2012 - 8:37

crazyidiot78 wrote:
Nachtsider wrote:Honestly, I think that avoiding breaches of international law was the least of the SWA's priorities (if such a priority indeed existed at all) when they decided to use teenage cyborgs instead of kid ones.

Yes I would imagine most black programs that countries run around the world tend to ignore international law among other things
And growl if another country does the same thing . Bloody hypocrites.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tross on Fri 27 Apr 2012 - 15:04

Well, the world is a hypocritical place. Countries as a whole are hypocrites. For example, I support Canada's withdrawal from the kyoto protocol, but think Iran's supposed reasons for having a nuclear program are total bs. We're dead by the end of the year people, and it's going to be Iran's fault.
Tross

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Fri 27 Apr 2012 - 20:54

Awinnell wrote:the problems with using little girls as super soldiers are manyfold,it breaks Italian national law, EU law and violates several UN mandates on the use of child soldiers(Eg ,Kony),switching to older girls for the Gen 2 especially in light of their longer lifespan makes it more socially acceptable as well
I think they would have to try pretty hard to do something less socially acceptable, short of achieving Hitler level infamy/evilness. Something like converting toddlers or executing, sorry... recycling, the cyborgs when they begin to have problems. e.g. ANgelica's memory or lack of effectiveness.
The loop pole, if any, is that they can say that these girls were dead when put into scientific research, and that the technology is what keeps their bodies alive - if you can call that living. So in implicating that these girls are no long human but rather robotic, changes everything.

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tross on Sat 28 Apr 2012 - 0:30

True, but you can argue that aborted fetuses are already dead, and so, it should be ok to use them for stem cell research. There's still controversy surrounding that to this day. Actually, that little bit of controversy is a big part of what makes the concept behind the cyborg program intriguing for me, so maybe that's more of a positive.
Tross

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sat 28 Apr 2012 - 0:52

I really don't get why people kick up a fuss over the use of aborted fetuses in medical research. They're unwanted. Their parents didn't give a shit about them. Why should we?

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Sat 28 Apr 2012 - 3:14

Nachtsider wrote:I really don't get why people kick up a fuss over the use of aborted fetuses in medical research. They're unwanted. Their parents didn't give a shit about them. Why should we?
Who knows . It's a bit like family members kicking up a fuss if you decide to become and organ donar and domate your body to science when you die (yes, I am only 17 but I have already decided this). I ain't gonna be around to use the bits, someone else might as well make use of 'em. Same goes for anything dead; they ain't using it no more.

Last edited by Destroyer of Worlds ;D on Sat 28 Apr 2012 - 3:15; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : None o' yer buisness)

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 28 Apr 2012 - 19:28

Tross wrote:True, but you can argue that aborted fetuses are already dead, and so, it should be ok to use them for stem cell research. There's still controversy surrounding that to this day. Actually, that little bit of controversy is a big part of what makes the concept behind the cyborg program intriguing for me, so maybe that's more of a positive.
Aborted fetuses are already dead, so that point is moot. The problem is people are squeamish about where they came from, and therefore the controversy.

I agree with Natch here on this one.

But as for dead beings being used, they are already used in harvesting organs for transplant. No one has a problem with that. Turning "The dead" into living cyborgs, would be the next step. This was done with "Murphy" in RoboCop. In doing this, they circumvent all laws about using child soldiers because the dead are not children anymore. This is the lie I would say they would create to keep themselves and their government out of trouble. In fact its the exact lie I use in UN Resolution on this very one issue. Its in Chapter 5: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4897457/5/UN_Resolution

UN Resolution, Chapter 5 wrote:Ambassador Moreno: Explain to me why you would have you daughter with you on such a mission?

Fernando: Apparently you have not read her file.

Ambassador Moreno: There is no need for me to read anyone's file unless they are suspected and wanted criminals.

Fernando: We are here to deal with those suspected and wanted criminals. She- my daughter is part of my infiltration team

Ambassador Moreno: Infiltration team?

Fernando: Yes, infiltration team.

Ambassador Moreno: You have just said the wrong thing.

Fernando: Care to explain yourself? And while you're at it, explain what is going on?

Ambassador Moreno: Is your daughter armed?

Fernando: She would not be in an agency infiltration team if she wasn't. Now what gives!

Ambassador Moreno: UN Resolution #A/RES/54/263.

Fernando: Is this what is going on?

Ambassador Moreno: You know what UN Resolution #A/RES/54/263 is?

Fernando: The UN Resolution that forbids any of its members from using child soldiers for their enforcement of domestic and foreign conflicts; yes I know it, and even though Italy maybe in violation of it, so is the United States and several other UN members, including the charter ones. Now what happened!

Ambassador Moreno (putting his hand to his face in disbelief): It started with a complaint to the UN by an Italian Parliament Senator. Normally it would have went unnoticed and perhaps swept under the rug, but the senator was assassinated on the UN territory while entering his vehicle, surrounded by several UN Guards. There is not way that some rank amateur could have done this, as the assassination was too precise of a sniper shot that took down the senator.

Fernando: Smell like Jean…

Ambassador Moreno: Huh?

Fernando: Uhm… some terrorist we were chasing months ago. Its his motive of hunting and sniping political and law enforcement officials.

Juanita (to herself): Nice save idiot.

Ambassador Moreno: So you're saying…

Fernando: I'm saying, for what ever reasons the Senator may have been in New York, his assassination is a terrible coincident. I do know this, there was a vote coming up in the senate for various construction projects that the Senator may have voting yes for. Construction projects that some in the north were against, and some would go to extremes from ever passing.

Ambassador Moreno: Including assassinations?

Fernando: Especially Assassinations. Look, sir… things are done differently here than they are back in the states, and Italy seems to be ruled with an iron fist and a bloody knife at times but that is how things are done here.

Ambassador Moreno: And what about the charges of child soldiers?

Fernando: All nations use them. But I'll tell you this much about Italy's Child Soldier Program. It does not exist.

Ambassador Moreno: But you just said…

Fernando (interrupting the ambassador): I know what I said. And I'm telling you that it does not exist.

Ambassador Moreno (interrupting Fernando): You're covering up something.

Fernando: Look, Ambassador… The children who are part of their enforcement agency, are not alive.

Ambassador Moreno: Now how is that possible?

Fernando: The children are dead, and their bodies turned into cybernetic organism, so they are not actually alive.

Ambassador Moreno: . . .

Fernando: The girls, because I know their program too well, were dead or near death when they were brought into the SWA Section 2 division and given new bodies and brains. They are robots, sir. Made to look like girls, but they use the host's body parts as a template for the cybernetic organism to look as naturally real as possible.

Ambassador Moreno: Now why are they using girls?

Fernando: Because many of the underground also use children as informants, assassins, crooks, drug runners and prostitutes. Just like in the rest of the world.

Ambassador Moreno: I see. Now, about your daughter?

Fernando: You can thank the Italian Government for her existence.

Ambassador Moreno: What do you mean?

Fernando: She too is a cybernetic organism.

Ambassador Moreno: No… Fucking… Way…

Fernando: Long story short, she was accidentally killed by them and converted to one of those… things. When I found out, I took her back, and with help of the agency, she is mine. You would have known that if you read her file. Now… if you can wrap your mind around the first part, then you can understand that in using cyborgs, as they are called, they are not in violation of UN Resolution #A/RES/54/263. They cant be, if the child in question is no longer alive but a mere construct created in a lab.

Ambassador Moreno: And your daughter being one of these constructs…

Fernando (interrupting him): Disqualifies the United States of breaking the same UN Resolution. Now that the truth has come to light, what is going to become of this?

Ambassador Moreno: What proof you have to offer?

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tross on Mon 30 Apr 2012 - 1:25

I agree 100% that what's already dead should be able to be used for the greater good, since not using it for the greater good is not going to bring them back. I was just saying that the controversy is there. But, it's good to know we're on the same page on that issue.
Tross

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Mon 30 Apr 2012 - 6:15

Tross wrote:I agree 100% that what's already dead should be able to be used for the greater good, since not using it for the greater good is not going to bring them back. I was just saying that the controversy is there. But, it's good to know we're on the same page on that issue.
And then we all chanted "For the greater good!"

And as far as pages go, I like this one because it has pop-ups and pretty colours Razz.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tross on Wed 2 May 2012 - 1:07

I just noticed that we're way off topic...again. Quick, let's brainstorm Petra related topics. Puzzled
Tross

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Wed 2 May 2012 - 6:30

Tross wrote:I just noticed that we're way off topic...again. Quick, let's brainstorm Petra related topics. Puzzled
BAH! Off topic is fun . It's what we do best .
I will appease you however. Petra, Petra, Petra...? This is a hard one.Puzzled
We could always start the ol' "Petra is only fnaservice!" "No she isn't!" argument if we really can't think of anything else, though I think that might be trolling by now, so maybe not that one.
Petra related...?
Ooh, I know! Did you know, that while Petra is short for Pertushka, which is a boy's name in Russian, Petra, is also a girls name in German. Toughts or other Petra related fun-facts?
Yeah, back on topic . Kinda.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Wed 2 May 2012 - 10:27

Petrouchka or Petrushka is a ballet with music by Russian composer Igor Stravinsky composed in 1910–11 and revised in 1947.

Petrushka is a story of a Russian traditional puppet, who is made of straw and with a bag of sawdust as his body, but who comes to life and develops emotions,the story also has a female puppet who is in love with Petrushka,but she loves another

the doll who he loves

naming a Former Ballerina after a Ballet character is a little mean especially as she seems to remember some of her training and warm up exercises,but the story is being played out with the roles reversed between her and Sandro

Last edited by Awinnell on Wed 2 May 2012 - 14:22; edited 1 time in total

We are living in the smelly cloud of gods fart,one day the universe will end in a great cloud of airfreshener
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Wed 2 May 2012 - 13:10

I remember the story differently.

The version I read involved Petrushka, a puppet crafted to look like an ugly sailor, developing feelings for a second puppet in his puppeteer's collection, a beautiful ballerina. But she had eyes only for a third puppet, a dashing Moorish warrior, who reciprocated her love. Petrushka was bitter towards the puppeteer for making him ugly and deformed.

During a performance where the puppeteer made Petrushka play a villain, with the Moor as a hero protecting the ballerina, Petrushka rejected the puppeteer's control and attacked the Moor, only to be run through by the latter's sword and broken beyond repair. Unnerved by his puppets apparently coming to life of their own accord, the puppeteer is further horrified when Petrushka's ghost appears before him, swearing to haunt and torment him for all eternity.

And that's how it ends. It's like Toy Story if it were a melodrama, man.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Wed 2 May 2012 - 14:11

yeah i may have got the story back to front,not really a regular ballet goer,i edited my previous post

Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Wed 2 May 2012 - 21:04

I think the Sandro/ Petra fratello is an interesting exploration of a relationship between an adult human and a near-adult cyborg. But I liked the second season, too, and think the anime does a few things better than the manga. i'm perverse like that.

I had this crazy notion about the eggheads at SWA deciding to bring back a mortally injured Jean as a cyborg. Who could they possibly give him to as a handler - an adult cyborg conditioned to unquestioning obedience and love? Could there be any other choice but...

"Emilio, you've got twice my reach. how could you let me throw you so easily?"

"S-sorry, Rico." ( Wipes blood off split lip)

"Sorry doesn't cut it. Give me five laps around the compound and meet me in the dining hall."

She watched him take off on the first of his twenty-kilometer laps. It broke Rico's heart to be so hard on him, but it was the way Jean had trained her, and Jean had never been wrong about anything.
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 1866

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Wed 2 May 2012 - 21:36

Adult cyborgs = heresy

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

Spoiler:
I'll admit, though - that little ficlet was pretty amusing.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tross on Thu 3 May 2012 - 0:46

Petrushka sounds a little like Pinocchio then, but also different. I know nothing about European ballet, or ballet in general though, so what do I know? I've always thought that giving Petra a ballet related name was fitting though. I mean, ballet used to be her life before she became a cyborg. It could be considered cruel, but since she doesn't remember, I actually think of it as more of a nod to the girl she used to be. Kind of, an indication that she won't be forgotten. Besides, I'm sure if Elizaveta could have renamed herself, she would have gone with something ballet related. On top of it all, Petra's name is related to a Russian ballet, and since she's Russian, I think it works. Besides, she usually goes by Petra anyways, which is a girl's name.
Tross

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Thu 3 May 2012 - 5:17

Tross wrote:Petrushka sounds a little like Pinocchio then, but also different. I know nothing about European ballet, or ballet in general though, so what do I know? I've always thought that giving Petra a ballet related name was fitting though. I mean, ballet used to be her life before she became a cyborg. It could be considered cruel, but since she doesn't remember, I actually think of it as more of a nod to the girl she used to be. Kind of, an indication that she won't be forgotten. Besides, I'm sure if Elizaveta could have renamed herself, she would have gone with something ballet related. On top of it all, Petra's name is related to a Russian ballet, and since she's Russian, I think it works. Besides, she usually goes by Petra anyways, which is a girl's name.
I concer.
It couls have been worse, she could've been called Stalin or Kalashnikov!

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist on Thu 3 May 2012 - 6:03

Tross wrote:Petrushka sounds a little like Pinocchio then, but also different. I know nothing about European ballet, or ballet in general though, so what do I know? I've always thought that giving Petra a ballet related name was fitting though. I mean, ballet used to be her life before she became a cyborg. It could be considered cruel, but since she doesn't remember, I actually think of it as more of a nod to the girl she used to be. Kind of, an indication that she won't be forgotten. Besides, I'm sure if Elizaveta could have renamed herself, she would have gone with something ballet related. On top of it all, Petra's name is related to a Russian ballet, and since she's Russian, I think it works. Besides, she usually goes by Petra anyways, which is a girl's name.
I concer.

I don't know where it had come from but somehow I developed a pretty dark personality, sarcasm and irony are my friends, torturing and fooling everybody is my hobby and I wear almost only black....am I strange? -Schaschanist-

Je suis juste un petit fille de goth. -Emilie Valerie De Laroque-
Schaschanist

Male

Forum Posts : 786

Fan of : Henrietta,Triela and Claes; Hydrangea

Original Characters : Etienne & Emilie or "Eti & Emi"

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...

Registration date : 2010-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Thu 3 May 2012 - 6:09

schaschanist wrote:
I concer.
That could be her new theme song .
Not actually a bad song, better than the screaming shite some of my friends listen to *shudders*. My faith in humanity has been restored now that I know there is a song about the worlds greatest Assault rifle (or at least the bloke who made it).

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tross on Sun 6 May 2012 - 14:46

Awesome song. Now we need to come up with theme songs for the rest of the cyborgs.
Tross

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Sun 6 May 2012 - 18:13

Tross wrote:Awesome song. Now we need to come up with theme songs for the rest of the cyborgs.
Rico could have the Night Rider theme. Or Monty Python's Always look on the Bright SIde of Life, 'cause she's so happy. I'll look into the others study.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 on Sun 6 May 2012 - 19:07

schaschanist wrote:
I concer.
Not actually a bad song, better than the screaming shite some of my friends listen to *shudders*. My faith in humanity has been restored now that I know there is a song about the worlds greatest Assault rifle (or at least the bloke who made it).

She could've also been called Katyusha. Infinitely more badass.

I aim to misbehave.

MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Mon 7 May 2012 - 1:13

MP5 wrote:
schaschanist wrote:
I concer.

She could've also been called Katyusha. Infinitely more badass.
Dunno, does it have a theme song to go with?

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tross on Mon 7 May 2012 - 1:21

Tross wrote:Awesome song. Now we need to come up with theme songs for the rest of the cyborgs.
Rico could have the Night Rider theme. Or Monty Python's Always look on the Bright SIde of Life, 'cause she's so happy. I'll look into the others study.
I think Triela would suit the James Bond theme. I don't know why, but I often hear that theme in my head when she's on a mission. Maybe it's the mix of stealth and combat that some of her missions have. I did hear that theme when Hilshire went solo too, in Chapter 52.
Tross

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Mon 7 May 2012 - 1:32

Tross wrote:
I think Triela would suit the James Bond theme. I don't know why, but I often hear that theme in my head when she's on a mission. Maybe it's the mix of stealth and combat that some of her missions have. I did hear that theme when Hilshire went solo too, in Chapter 52.
Can you say 'thread derailment'? Razz

I think Bond suits those two.
Claes:Tea, Triela?
Triela:Shaken, not stirred.
Claes: *faceplam* not this shit again.

I did a little more thinking, and Angie get's all the songs from Forrest Gump, 'cause she isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but she means well. "My momma used to say, 'stupid is as stupid does'."

Last edited by Destroyer of Worlds ;D on Mon 7 May 2012 - 1:45; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added some stuff)

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Mon 7 May 2012 - 1:54

Jean can get the Imperial March from Star Wars, since he's the closest thing GsG has to Darth Vader.

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Mon 7 May 2012 - 23:00

Elsa's theme has to be 'Mad World.'
Thescarredman

Male

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed on Mon 7 May 2012 - 23:43

Lauro's could be The Unforgiven by Metallica head bang Muh-m-muhahahaha! dominance Evil
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 1970

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Tue 8 May 2012 - 2:26

Thescarredman wrote:Elsa's theme has to be 'Mad World.'
Either that or In The End [Album Version] by Lincon Park.
tremec6speed wrote: Lauro's could be The Unforgiven by Metallica
Nice . I wanted someone to have a Metallica song, but couldn't figure out who.

For Claes I was thinking either On The Road Again by Canned Heat or Copperhead Road by Steve Earl. Not so much for the lyrics, but for the rythem. Lyrics wise, I'd go with Eye of the Tiger, by Surivor.

Henrietta would have I Can't Smile Without You by Barry Manilow, 'cause of the stalker level affection she has for Jose.

And for laughs Angelica should have Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley. There isn't any other reason than that I think it would be funny .

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tross on Wed 9 May 2012 - 3:48

[quote="Destroyer of Worlds ;D"]
Tross wrote:

Whoops, my bad again. Not that anyone seems to mind though. Smile I have a brilliant idea though. This would be a perfect thread for the music section! Plus, this thread could go back to being about Petra, so really, it'd be a win-win. cheers
Tross

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Wed 9 May 2012 - 4:05

[quote="Tross"]
Tross wrote:

Whoops, my bad again. Not that anyone seems to mind though. Smile I have a brilliant idea though. This would be a perfect thread for the music section! Plus, this thread could go back to being about Petra, so really, it'd be a win-win. cheers
There's a music section ?!
Oh my God, this is so fucking awsome! My mind just went .
Bu who'd start the thread? You led to the derailment, so I think you should have the honour.

Also seriously, I don't think anyone here minds derailment. My favorite example is on one thread which was 'why deosn't Rico wear dresses' and it somehow turned into a discuaion as to why henrietta doesn't have a uterus (I don't think I spelt it right, but I'm on my parents computer, so I hope you understand why I'm not checking ).

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman on Wed 9 May 2012 - 16:59

Back to Petra, sort of. Is anybody going to do a Petra/Sandro piece for the new collab story?

Last edited by Thescarredman on Wed 9 May 2012 - 17:01; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct cruddy spelling)
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Tross on Wed 9 May 2012 - 19:33

There's a music section ?!
Oh my God, this is so fucking awsome! My mind just went .
Bu who'd start the thread? You led to the derailment, so I think you should have the honour.

And it's an honor I gladly accept. Though, I don't feel like chronicling every song that has been mentioned so far and I think it'd be best if we start over again anyways. I will put in a nod to this thread derailment, so if anyone wants to see what we've posted so far, they can come to the Petra thread. Besides, everyone's different, so I'm sure they have different ideas for theme songs for the characters. If we make a topic for it, there's no "only one universally accepted theme song per character" rule. The threads with the least amount of rules tend to make for more relaxed discussion anyways.

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:Also seriously, I don't think anyone here minds derailment. My favorite example is on one thread which was 'why deosn't Rico wear dresses' and it somehow turned into a discuaion as to why henrietta doesn't have a uterus (I don't think I spelt it right, but I'm on my parents computer, so I hope you understand why I'm not checking ).

And that's one of the things I like best about this community. cheers The majority of forums I go to don't have "no thread derailment" as one of the written rules. study It's more of a norm than a regulation. I'm a sociology major so if I ever use any of these terms, and anyone is confused by them, feel free to let me know. While people derail threads all the time, regardless of the forum, and it happens to even the best of us, mods tend to nudge the discussion back on track, and don't encourage making a habit of it. As a norm, it's more enforced by the other users. It's little things like this and bumping threads, among other things that are negatively sanctioned by most communities, and it usually isn't considered an ideal type of behavior. I'm glad this forum is a lot more relaxed about that sort of thing. Oh, right, that thread. I'll go make that then. See Thescarredman's post for more on topic discussion.

Edit: The thread has been created. Check it out in the music section.
Tross

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Wed 9 May 2012 - 22:51

Tross wrote:And that's one of the things I like best about this community. cheers The majority of forums I go to don't have "no thread derailment" as one of the written rules. study It's more of a norm than a regulation. I'm a sociology major so if I ever use any of these terms, and anyone is confused by them, feel free to let me know. While people derail threads all the time, regardless of the forum, and it happens to even the best of us, mods tend to nudge the discussion back on track, and don't encourage making a habit of it. As a norm, it's more enforced by the other users. It's little things like this and bumping threads, among other things that are negatively sanctioned by most communities, and it usually isn't considered an ideal type of behavior. I'm glad this forum is a lot more relaxed about that sort of thing.
Norms can go to hell, and so can those other forums. Very Happy

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti on Thu 10 May 2012 - 6:38

Thescarredman wrote:Back to Petra, sort of. Is anybody going to do a Petra/Sandro piece for the new collab story?
I'm running straight OC at the moment, so not here. Think at the moment you may have free reign on that one.

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.
Alfisti

Male

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tross on Fri 11 May 2012 - 1:41

Nachtsider wrote:

Well, to be fair this forum has its norms too, but it does challenge the general perception of certain things, which I think is great. Oh, right, Petra. Well, she is the only red-headed cyborg as far as I know(as of chapter 58). Then again, it is kind of hard to tell hair colour in black and white manga. Maybe one of those other girls has red hair. Puzzled I think one of them does, actually. But she is the first cannon cyborg with red hair. Though, come to think of it, there are background characters. study But she's the first important cannon cyborg with red hair. cheers I'm not sure where I'm going with this, but red-headed cyborgs FTW!

Last edited by Tross on Sat 12 May 2012 - 14:16; edited 1 time in total
Tross

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Fri 11 May 2012 - 1:53

Tross wrote:
Nachtsider wrote:

Well, to be fair this forum has its norms too, but it does challenge the general perception of certain things, which I think is great. Oh, right, Petra. Well, she is the only red-headed cyborg as far as I know(as of chapter 58). Then again, it is kind of hard to tell hair colour in black and white manga. Maybe one of those other girls has red hair. Puzzled I think one of them does, actually. But she is the first cannon cyborg with red hair. Though, come to think of it, there are background characters. study But she's the first important cannon cyborg with red hair. :cheers:I'm not sure where I'm going with this, but red-headed cyborgs FTW!

Three cheers for gingers!Razz

Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum