ADV representative admits they made a mistake in Manga market... Gunslinger Girl vol. 7 in 2009?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ADV representative admits they made a mistake in Manga market... Gunslinger Girl vol. 7 in 2009?

Post by Nachtsider on Fri 27 Jun 2008 - 3:10

I don't think any of us should hold our breath on this one, Tommy.

Evangelion is best left as it is.

Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Forum Posts : 5718

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Re: ADV representative admits they made a mistake in Manga market... Gunslinger Girl vol. 7 in 2009?

Post by Tommygunner70 on Fri 27 Jun 2008 - 9:24

Nachtsider wrote:Evangelion is best left as it is.

Agreed, I never understood the point of having so many remakes, while the only differance is the end. its an endless stream of "Open endings" or better yet as per my reaction. "Errr.... to be continued?"

Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Forum Posts : 1950

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: ADV representative admits they made a mistake in Manga market... Gunslinger Girl vol. 7 in 2009?

Post by Guest on Fri 27 Jun 2008 - 11:28

The Evangelion live action has been in development hell for years. If they do make it, I'm expecting a Transformers type summer blockbuster extravaganza. Possibly with Shia LaBeouf.

It will be awesome.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: ADV representative admits they made a mistake in Manga market... Gunslinger Girl vol. 7 in 2009?

Post by Tommygunner70 on Fri 27 Jun 2008 - 16:15

Right, reminds me of Microsoft wanting to do a Movie of their "Mechwarrior" games, which could just be a life action of the old american cartoon's from back in the day named "BattleTech."

Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Forum Posts : 1950

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: ADV representative admits they made a mistake in Manga market... Gunslinger Girl vol. 7 in 2009?

Post by KodokuRyuu on Fri 27 Jun 2008 - 18:09

Tommygunner70 wrote:Death to ADV!

If I had the cash, I would have gone into business with that together with Kodoku. pity we cant get hold of no damn license and what not...
Amen to that! Hmm... now you've got me wondering what it takes to get hold of a license... Or at least what it would take to infiltrate ADV. Very Happy

KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Forum Posts : 1237

Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Re: ADV representative admits they made a mistake in Manga market... Gunslinger Girl vol. 7 in 2009?

Post by Nachtsider on Fri 27 Jun 2008 - 21:07

Soha Brote wrote:I'm expecting a Transformers type summer blockbuster extravaganza. Possibly with Shia LaBeouf.

It will be awesome.
Bay's Transformers movie was a disgrace.

Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Forum Posts : 5718

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Re: ADV representative admits they made a mistake in Manga market... Gunslinger Girl vol. 7 in 2009?

Post by Guest on Fri 27 Jun 2008 - 21:53

Nachtsider wrote:
Soha Brote wrote:I'm expecting a Transformers type summer blockbuster extravaganza. Possibly with Shia LaBeouf.

It will be awesome.
Bay's Transformers movie was a disgrace.

Tch, you are obviously not a fan of mindless action flicks.

If you never allow yourself to mentally process beyond the fact that giant CGI robots are on screen, they are very enjoyable.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: ADV representative admits they made a mistake in Manga market... Gunslinger Girl vol. 7 in 2009?

Post by Sakura on Fri 27 Jun 2008 - 23:03

Soha Brote wrote:The Evangelion live action has been in development hell for years. If they do make it, I'm expecting a Transformers type summer blockbuster extravaganza. Possibly with Shia LaBeouf.

It will be awesome.

I'm a bit weary when it comes to live action. I heard they're making a live action Dragonball movie with American actors that's to be released sometime next year. Chow-Yun Fat as Master Roshi? I don't know what to think. NO

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see what's so great about Shia LaBeouf. During the Transformers movie I was hoping for either Bumblebee, Megatron, Optimus Prime or some other Autobot to step on him. He didn't impress me in Indiana Jones either.

Sakura
Dr. Turtle Punter

Forum Posts : 472

Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Re: ADV representative admits they made a mistake in Manga market... Gunslinger Girl vol. 7 in 2009?

Post by Nachtsider on Fri 27 Jun 2008 - 23:33

Soha Brote wrote:Tch, you are obviously not a fan of mindless action flicks.

If you never allow yourself to mentally process beyond the fact that giant CGI robots are on screen, they are very enjoyable.
I don't mean to be rude, Soha, but your post seems to indicate that you aren't very familiar with the Transformers mythos, along with why many fans considered the Bay movie a letdown. The Transformers saga is a deep, well-written and intelligent one, and is hardly something that can be done justice via a 'mindless action flick'. Hence my previous post. It's not the special effects that myself and countless fans had any problem with - they were good. It was the way they handled the storyline.

That script had plot holes big enough for a convoy of Decepticons or Autobots to move through, and mischaracterized many faces familiar to fans. Hell, they didn't even get the usual writer for Transformers, Simon Furman, to write or at least take a look at it. Why things turned out this way is totally beyond me - with him at the helm, the flick would definitely have been a success. Take Nolan's Batman flicks and the recent Iron Man movie, for instance. They're proof positive that a slam-bang action film can be smart, well-written and respectful of the source material.

At least the present Transformers animated series makes up for Bay's movie. With strong scripts, excellent characterization and a coherent plot, along with all the homages that send fans jumping for joy, the show is love.

Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Forum Posts : 5718

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Re: ADV representative admits they made a mistake in Manga market... Gunslinger Girl vol. 7 in 2009?

Post by Guest on Sat 28 Jun 2008 - 10:24

Nachtsider wrote:
Soha Brote wrote:Tch, you are obviously not a fan of mindless action flicks.

If you never allow yourself to mentally process beyond the fact that giant CGI robots are on screen, they are very enjoyable.
I don't mean to be rude, Soha, but your post seems to indicate that you aren't very familiar with the Transformers mythos, along with why many fans considered the Bay movie a letdown. The Transformers saga is a deep, well-written and intelligent one, and is hardly something that can be done justice via a 'mindless action flick'. Hence my previous post. It's not the special effects that myself and countless fans had any problem with - they were good. It was the way they handled the storyline.

That script had plot holes big enough for a convoy of Decepticons or Autobots to move through, and mischaracterized many faces familiar to fans. Hell, they didn't even get the usual writer for Transformers, Simon Furman, to write or at least take a look at it. Why things turned out this way is totally beyond me - with him at the helm, the flick would definitely have been a success. Take Nolan's Batman flicks and the recent Iron Man movie, for instance. They're proof positive that a slam-bang action film can be smart, well-written and respectful of the source material.

At least the present Transformers animated series makes up for Bay's movie. With strong scripts, excellent characterization and a coherent plot, along with all the homages that send fans jumping for joy, the show is love.

I fully accept that Transformers was a plothole-ridden crapfest with giant CGI robots. But I think you're taking it a little too seriously, no?

Hardcore fans of transformers didn't like Bay's movie, I doubt movie buffs did either, but I'm sure they know that they aren't the target audiences. Transformers is a childrens show. A good one that can be appreciated by fans of all ages, but a childrens show at it's core. The Transformers movie made a lot of its money off prepubescent boys, parents and bored teenagers looking for somewhere to make out. Casual fans cough up most of the money. So, just as in evolution, it only had to be good enough to survive and reproduce(sequels are in the works!), success was just another bonus point.

Personally, I think live action adaptations are hilarious. I think when I first saw the teaser trailer for Transformers, I actually burst out laughing in the theater. You can just imagine how terrible they would be, no?

I guess my point is that live action adaptations are never going to live up to the hopes and dreams of the fans of the originals, but if you distance yourself from the originals, they are a fun way to spend a couple of hours.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: ADV representative admits they made a mistake in Manga market... Gunslinger Girl vol. 7 in 2009?

Post by Danjo3 on Sat 28 Jun 2008 - 10:44

Soha Brote wrote:I fully accept that Transformers was a plothole-ridden crapfest with giant CGI robots. But I think you're taking it a little too seriously, no?

Hardcore fans of transformers didn't like Bay's movie, I doubt movie buffs did either, but I'm sure they know that they aren't the target audiences. Transformers is a childrens show. A good one that can be appreciated by fans of all ages, but a childrens show at it's core. The Transformers movie made a lot of its money off prepubescent boys, parents and bored teenagers looking for somewhere to make out. Casual fans cough up most of the money. So, just as in evolution, it only had to be good enough to survive and reproduce(sequels are in the works!), success was just another bonus point.

Personally, I think live action adaptations are hilarious. I think when I first saw the teaser trailer for Transformers, I actually burst out laughing in the theater. You can just imagine how terrible they would be, no?

I guess my point is that live action adaptations are never going to live up to the hopes and dreams of the fans of the originals, but if you distance yourself from the originals, they are a fun way to spend a couple of hours.
Well said Soha. You have a firm grasp on the movie industry.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I dont hate him specifically, its the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.
avatar
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Re: ADV representative admits they made a mistake in Manga market... Gunslinger Girl vol. 7 in 2009?

Post by Nachtsider on Sun 29 Jun 2008 - 20:28

*sighs sadly* I suppose you've raised some valid points, Soha. Guess I'll just have to satisfy myself with the present animated series, and hope against hope that wiser heads will have the heart to do a proper remake of the live-action movie in the future...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------





There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
avatar
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Location : Inside your closet. In your head.

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Re: ADV representative admits they made a mistake in Manga market... Gunslinger Girl vol. 7 in 2009?

Post by rusty-spring on Sun 29 Jun 2008 - 21:16

I liked the live-action Transformers for all the reasons Soha mentioned. As a cool SFX summer action flick.

*Ducks cabbage, trash, spears, wave motion guns from Nachtsider*

Razz

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Do you know what Jesus said in John chapter 5? Don't bring me any trouble, bitch." - Eda, Black Lagoon
"Anybody can be cool...but awesome takes practice." - Lorraine Peterson
avatar
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Forum Posts : 1380

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: ADV representative admits they made a mistake in Manga market... Gunslinger Girl vol. 7 in 2009?

Post by Nachtsider on Sun 29 Jun 2008 - 21:39

Nah, no flak from me, Rusty. I've pretty much packed up my soapbox and trudged home with head bowed...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------





There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
avatar
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Location : Inside your closet. In your head.

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Re: ADV representative admits they made a mistake in Manga market... Gunslinger Girl vol. 7 in 2009?

Post by mara on Sun 29 Jun 2008 - 22:50

Nachtsider wrote:*sighs sadly* I suppose you've raised some valid points, Soha. Guess I'll just have to satisfy myself with the present animated series, and hope against hope that wiser heads will have the heart to do a proper remake of the live-action movie in the future...


Unfortunately the company that will make that move will only do that if is in their best financial interests... :crying:

mara

Female

Forum Posts : 42

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl

Original Characters : working on it

Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Re: ADV representative admits they made a mistake in Manga market... Gunslinger Girl vol. 7 in 2009?

Post by West Nile on Mon 30 Jun 2008 - 6:55

i enjoy watching remakes just to see how bad they will screw up. "haha
batman looks like he's driving a tank!!" so i did enjoy transformers.

Soha Brote wrote:and teenagers looking for somewhere to make out.

Guh? come one, cuddle... just cuddle

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Photobucket
Just cause I'm dead, doesn't mean I can't be your Loli Fantasy!
avatar
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Forum Posts : 1747

Location : Some Where in Nevada... or in the Philippines

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Re: ADV representative admits they made a mistake in Manga market... Gunslinger Girl vol. 7 in 2009?

Post by Guest on Mon 30 Jun 2008 - 7:34

Speaking of Evangelion, Transformers, etc...

...who would win if American-made robots were to be clashed with Japanese-made robots...?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: ADV representative admits they made a mistake in Manga market... Gunslinger Girl vol. 7 in 2009?

Post by Nachtsider on Mon 30 Jun 2008 - 7:35

The more powerful robots, of course.

I love the new Batmobile's tank-like look.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------





There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
avatar
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Location : Inside your closet. In your head.

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Re: ADV representative admits they made a mistake in Manga market... Gunslinger Girl vol. 7 in 2009?

Post by LoC978 on Mon 30 Jun 2008 - 8:12

...or the robots with a superior tactician calling the shots for 'em...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Moderatio est figmentum.
avatar
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Location : Northwestern USA. Usually Portland.

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: ADV representative admits they made a mistake in Manga market... Gunslinger Girl vol. 7 in 2009?

Post by Nachtsider on Mon 30 Jun 2008 - 8:19

Yeah - that, too. Or, if the robots are sentient, also throw 'smarter' into the advantage bargain.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------





There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
avatar
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Location : Inside your closet. In your head.

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Re: ADV representative admits they made a mistake in Manga market... Gunslinger Girl vol. 7 in 2009?

Post by Awinnell on Mon 30 Jun 2008 - 13:37

the one with the biggest gun

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


We are living in the smelly cloud of gods fart,one day the universe will end in a great cloud of airfreshener
avatar
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Location : Hereford,England

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!


Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Re: ADV representative admits they made a mistake in Manga market... Gunslinger Girl vol. 7 in 2009?

Post by mara on Mon 30 Jun 2008 - 20:54


mara

Female

Forum Posts : 42

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl

Original Characters : working on it

Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Re: ADV representative admits they made a mistake in Manga market... Gunslinger Girl vol. 7 in 2009?

Post by Wileama on Sun 6 Jul 2008 - 6:11

Okay I'm all for giant robots, but really when assualting what appears to be battleship row, you thing the battleships might open fire sometime in the hour long battle taking place around them. Razz

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Strive for your next breath. Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one. Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

T-Minus 15.193792102158E+9 years until the universe closes!

Marathon
avatar
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Re: ADV representative admits they made a mistake in Manga market... Gunslinger Girl vol. 7 in 2009?

Post by Nachtsider on Sun 6 Jul 2008 - 6:26

Maybe they're afraid of hitting their own side's robots.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------





There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
avatar
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Location : Inside your closet. In your head.

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Re: ADV representative admits they made a mistake in Manga market... Gunslinger Girl vol. 7 in 2009?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum