Investigations (Rome RPG Thread Eight)

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Investigations (Rome RPG Thread Eight)

Post by Piero on Fri 30 May 2008 - 23:02

Sitting in a chair in his office, Lorenzo studied one of the many reports on his desk, doing his best to absorb all the information it contained. As usual, many of the documents were vague... tentative. Enough to try the patience of even a man used to the unreliable nature of intelligence work. Sitting back in his chair and rubbing his eyes, Lorenzo looked at the time.

Three minutes until his meeting with the new investigator from Section One, the one who was investigating the arms shipments they'd found in the aftermath of the estate raid a few days before.

Sitting up and straightening his tie, Lorenzo got himself a glass of water and composed himself. No matter how difficult a job a commander had sifting through intelligence, he always had to appear confident to those under his command. That was critical. If a commander appeared to lack confidence, his subordinates would lack confidence. It was as simple as that.

Satisfied with his appearance, Lorenzo sat and waited as the final seconds ticked by. He hoped the new investigator was punctual -he had only limited time to spare.

Last edited by Piero on Mon 22 Feb 2010 - 22:35; edited 1 time in total

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigations (Rome RPG Thread Eight)

Post by Wileama on Sat 31 May 2008 - 12:54

Marcello waited by the Chiefs door for a moment, checking his watch. He had been standing here for the last four minutes. This would be his first real meeting with Lorenzo, and he wanted to make sure he it went smoothly. Clean suite, check. Fresh shave, Check. Two folders containing the intelligence report he had to present, Check. Confident he had everything required he stepped to the door. A quick glance at his watched confirmed he was a full minute early. With his best posture he delivered to heavy knocks to the wooden door, announced his arrival to anyone inside.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strive for your next breath.  Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one.  Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

T-Minus 15.193792102158E+9 years until the universe closes!

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 31 May 2008 - 22:03

Lorenzo nodded to the door.

"Come in," he ordered, then watched as the young man in glasses entered. He seemed quite competent, though perhaps a bit nervous. As the newcomer entered, a set of brisk footsteps could be heard outside, and a moment later Ferro entered, right behind Marcello.

"Mr. Gastone, Ms. Agnelli," Lorenzo aknowledged both with a nod. Ferro simply nodded back and took up position near Lorenzo's desk.

"Has their been any progress in the investigation since our last meeting, Mr. Gastone?" Lorenzo asked.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sun 1 Jun 2008 - 2:01

"Yes sir," Marcello said as he handed a folder to Lorenzo, and Ferro respectively. Taking up a position in front of the chiefs desk, he continued. "Ms. Priscilla, and I believe we've found a lead on the arms supplier. From the evidence at hand, we've concluded that one Adamo Bruni most likely delivered the weapons. It's likely he had accomplices, but as of this moment we don't have anything as to who they might be. Mr. Bruni owns a small market place in Fiumicino, and there is some highly circumstantial evidence tying him to the Padiana. Despite owning a local business, we are concerned about Mr. Bruni as a flight risk. In that light both Priscilla, and I recommend surveillance starting immediately." Marcello continued to stand in front of the chiefs desk, hands held behind his back, waiting for any questions, or orders.

Strive for your next breath.  Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one.  Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 1 Jun 2008 - 2:24

Lorenzo considered for a moment. It was good that they had a lead, however tentative. Even though Bruni was probably picking up the weapons after they were brought into the country, he might be able to lead them to his supplier. As he'd hoped, they had something solid to act on.

Unfortunately, the other challenge facing Lorenzo, aside from the need for solid leads, was manpower. He had three fratellos about to go for supplementary training with the GIS, three more who were tied up with VIP protection, and others who were on small assignments or on alert for potential emergencies.

"I agree with your assessement in this case, Mr. Gastrone. This is currently the most solid lead we have on the supplier of that arms shipment, and I don't want to lose a shot at him. Ferro, who do we have available among the support group at the moment?"

"Aside from the people already involved in the investigation? Celino, Alessio, and Savina."

Lorenzo nodded.

"I see."

He paused for a moment, an expression of dissatisfaction on his face.

"Of those three, only Celino has much in the way of combat qualifications. You sure there isn't anyone else available?"

Ferro shook her head.

"Not unless I pull Amadeo out of the training he'll be doing, or something like that."

"I see."

Lorenzo brows furrowed, as if he were thinking hard about something.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sun 1 Jun 2008 - 2:51

"If we are over tasked, sir we could always ask Section 1," Marcello offered. "I know relations between the two sections isn't the best, but it beats nothing."

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 1 Jun 2008 - 3:03

Lorenzo shook his head.

"The main problem is finding someone who can protect you and Priscilla, not finding surveillance personnel. You two are going to be investigating arms shipments, and that has a certain potential for nastiness."

The Section One commander looked to Ferro.

"Assign them Celino. That's the best we can do I guess."

He turned back to Marcello.

"You and Priscilla have my permission to conduct surveillance on Mr. Bruni. Find out who his supplier is, then call us and we'll arrange back up."

OOC: I'll get Claes in shortly, but not this post.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sun 1 Jun 2008 - 23:30

Marcello peaked up a bit as Lorenzo talked. "Oh right," he said adjusting his glasses, "My mistake, sir. I didn't realize you wanted Priscilla, and I to perform the surveillance. If that's your decision though, you can rest assured we'll handle the matter. Unless either of you have anything else, I think it would be best if I start to make preparations."

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 1 Jun 2008 - 23:39

"Keep Ferro up to date on what you're planning, and make sure you have a proper check in procedure established. Other then that, you're dismissed, Mr. Gastrone."

Lorenzo watched as Marcello prepared to leave. The young man was almost to the door when a though occured to the section head.

"Wait," he commanded, an idea forming in his mind.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sun 1 Jun 2008 - 23:50

Marcello gave a crisp nod to Lorenzo before turning to leave.
Lorenzo wrote:Wait
Removing his hand from the door nob Marcello looked back at his boss. "Yes sir?"

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 1 Jun 2008 - 23:58

"It just occured to me that there may be a candidate for your bodyguard that we haven't considered. We have one spare cyborg who doesn't currently have a handler. She's used mostly by the medical staff to test new parts for the other cyborgs, but they haven't been doing much with her lately, so she may be free to help you."

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Mon 2 Jun 2008 - 0:07

OOC:
Figured I'd throw this out there... I thought it was mildly amusing. Feel free to delete it if you feel it interrupts the flow, Piero.

IC:
Laying on her bed reading a geology textbook, Claes sneezed suddenly.

Huh. That's odd... I don't have any allergies. Wasn't there some superstition in Japan that involved sneezing..? This is going to drive me crazy if I don't look it up...

Her concentration broken, the Agency's resident guinea pig got up and went in search of an available internet connection...

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Mon 2 Jun 2008 - 3:09

OOC: that's awesome LoC

IC: "A cyborg?" Marcello said, seemingly more for his own sake then the others in the room. His eyebrows furrowed, as his mind went to work. He had made it a point to learn about most of the cyborgs when he arrived. What was that name? "Claes," He declared, "is that the one your talking about? Are you... What I mean to say sir, is I have to confess I'm still getting up to speed with things here. I don't really know if I would really be able to... ah... look after a cyborg. Especially one without a handler." Because everything went so well with Diana he wanted to add, but wisely decided not to.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Mon 2 Jun 2008 - 3:18

"This would only be a temporary assignment, Mr. Gastrone. Besides which, Claes is one of the more mature cyborgs here and has proven to be quite capable of looking after her own welfare for the most part. I don't believe you'll have any problem with her."

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Mon 2 Jun 2008 - 3:59

"Yes sir," Marcello simply replied. Clearly he wasn't going to oppose the chief, but from his body language he didn't seem convinced. "I'm not entirely clear on the protocol on this. Do you want Priscilla, or I to inform the girl, or would you prefer someone more senior handle it?"

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Mon 2 Jun 2008 - 11:54

"It shouldn't make any difference who gives her the assignment, so you two can handle that part. Just give me a couple of minutes to make sure that the medical staff doesn't have any pressing need for Claes in the immediate future."

Lorenzo picked up his phone and began dialing before Marcello had a chance to respond.

OOC: I'd appreciate it if you'd do a little bit of a time skip next post. I think we're pretty much done with the stuff in Lorenzo's office.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Thu 5 Jun 2008 - 3:27

Marcello put his cellphone to his ear as he walked down the hallway. The Chief had cleared the idea with medical, and then dismissed him. "Hey it's Priscilla! Sorry I can't come to the phone right now..."

Marcello waited patiently for the recording to end so he could leave his own message. "Hey Priscilla, it's Marcello. I just got done giving our report to the Chief. He wants the two of us to conduct the surveillance, ASAP. He's also told us to take one of the dolls with us for protection. The one without a handler, Claes. I'm on my way to the warehouse right now to let her now. I'm hoping we can head out before dinner. Call me back." He explained before returning the phone to his pocket. A few more minutes of walking, and he arrived at the cyborg warehouse. Since his last visit he had made a point to study it's layout, and as found himself in front of Claes room fairly quickly. Taking a deep breath he knocked on the door, announcing his arrival.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Fri 6 Jun 2008 - 20:12

OOC:
Poor Marcello... this has the makings of a wild goose chase... Laughing

IC:
Claes looked up quickly from her online conversation with Black... a doctor had just tripped on her own lab coat upon entering the hospital library. Papers, books, and a single pair of glasses dropped to the ground... and the pretty, dark haired young woman whose hands they had just vacated scrambled about on the floor trying to collect them, her face beet red with embarrassment.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sat 7 Jun 2008 - 9:54

OOC: Thanks, your not going to be any help are you? Razz

IC: Marcello stood waiting for a moment in front of the door. He knocked again, a little louder. Another few moments of silence. "Hello," he asked finally knocking on the door one last time. Hearing no response he finally opened to the tentatively sticking his head inside. Only to find...

OOC: It's a shared room, who am I to say it's empty...

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Sun 8 Jun 2008 - 21:13

OOC: Well if you really want Triela to be in there... But don't say I didn't warn you.

IC: Triela had just finished a shower after running some laps and needless to say, she wasn't exactly clothed the best for visitors. She had muttered a "Just a minute" but apparently, it did not get heard. So when Marcello poked his head inside the room, she was wide eyed and more then a little red.

"Get Out!" She shouted, wrapping the towel tighter around her and reaching for the nearest thing to throw. Thankfully for Marcello, the only things in reach were her beloved teddy bears, and there was no way she would throw them. So instead, she resorted to glaring at him while she move to pick up a chair.

OOC: I told you I warned you, but hey, it just came to me.

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

"What do you mean 'What the hell is a Funyarinpa?' You mean... you don't know?"
"How the hell would I know?"
"How could you not know?! That's... that's practically blasphemous! Say you're sorry! Apologize to the Funyarinpa! Goodness, you are such a rude woman..."
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Forum Posts : 653

Fan of : Stuff

Original Characters : Adrianna, Nero, Abigail, and now Luca

Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Wed 11 Jun 2008 - 11:03

OOC: Wow, totally missed this post. Sorry for taking so long to post. sweat

IC: There where a couple words that could describe Marcello's face as he peered into the room. Some might choose surprise, others embarrassment, shock would also work well well. Triela didn't have a lot of time to decide before the door was slammed shut so quickly she was surprised he hadn't decapitated himself in the process. Words began to come through the door almost the moment it was closed "Sorry! Sorry! I was just looking for Claes! I knocked, but I didn't hear anything! I'm really sorry!"

On the other side of the door Marcello could feel his checks turning a bright red. This is not good he decided, as he scooted away from the door.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Fri 13 Jun 2008 - 16:10

Triela seethed with anger. "Well she wasn't here when I got here," she shouted through the door.

She calmed herself down enough to give the man some suggestions to make him leave. "There's a room in the handler's dorms that houses all of her books. She might be there. She might be in the medical wing though. You might want to check there first," she suggested as she got dressed.

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

"What do you mean 'What the hell is a Funyarinpa?' You mean... you don't know?"
"How the hell would I know?"
"How could you not know?! That's... that's practically blasphemous! Say you're sorry! Apologize to the Funyarinpa! Goodness, you are such a rude woman..."
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Forum Posts : 653

Fan of : Stuff

Original Characters : Adrianna, Nero, Abigail, and now Luca

Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Fri 20 Jun 2008 - 19:34

"Right, umm sorry again. I'll just be going then..." Marcello said as he began down the hall briskly. Does she keep guns in her room? Marcello pondered. He found himself moving a bit quicker to the handler residency. Upon his arrival at his destination he took a moment to recall the layout of the building, and which was the room he was looking for. Arriving in front of what he believed was the right door, he knocked, and listened, carefully listened.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Mon 30 Jun 2008 - 2:30

"Just a moment!" a female voice called from within. Shortly thereafter, the door openned to reveal Olga, dressed in sweat drenched excercise clothes, a cigarette in her mouth and her holstered sidearm much in evidence.

"Yes?" she enquired.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sun 6 Jul 2008 - 5:00

Marcello blinked once, then twice before letting his head hang slightly, a sigh escaping his mouth. "Sorry wrong room," he offered sheepishly. "You wouldn't by chance happen to know where Claes is at the moment do you? I hear she has a room in this part of the building she uses..."

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 6 Jul 2008 - 13:10

Olga nodded.

"That would be Raballao's old room. It's a floor up from here. I can show you were it is if you want."

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Tue 8 Jul 2008 - 5:58

"Yeah I think you better, I've had my full of being mildly lost." Marcello reply clearly thankful.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 8 Jul 2008 - 13:11

Olga nodded.

"This place can be a little confusing sometimes. This way."

She led Marcello up a flight of stairs and to a door midway down the second level corridor. Pausing, she knocked on the door and -not getting a response- tried the knob. The door was locked.

"It's locked, so I don't think she's here. She might be in the dormitories or the med ward. I can take you there if you give me a few minutes."

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Tue 8 Jul 2008 - 20:57

IC:
Back in the hospital library, the pretty female doctor who had recently taken a spill was being helped up by no less than six eager young men.

She truly has no idea why they're all so earnest... Claes thought, fascinated, as she watched out the corner of her eye.

Black: What was that about sneezes and Japan? Could you be more specific?

Claes is currently idle

Black: Claes?

Claes is currently idle

Black: Heeeeeelloooooo???

Claes is currently idle
Claes turned her attention back to her monitor and began typing furiously.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sat 12 Jul 2008 - 5:38

Olga wrote:"It's locked, so I don't think she's here. She might be in the dormitories or the med ward. I can take you there if you give me a few minutes."
"Thanks, but no. I have managed to figure out where the med ward is." Marcello replied, "Anyway thanks for the help, I'll see you around." Turning to leave he gave the Russian a wave of his hand.

Several minutes, and with the assistance of one the more helpful medical staff he found himself standing in a doorway. Of the things in the room in front him one thing stood out. A young girl, transfixed on lines of text on the computer monitor set before her. He took a step forward clearing his throat, "Claes I presume?"

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sun 13 Jul 2008 - 0:24

OOC:
I soooo wanted to make it Angelica you're addressing, a few computers down the line (you did leave the option open)... but alas, I can't make that call.
I can, however...

IC:
Claes heard her name being spoken from the direction of the east entrance to the library. The busy entrance.

Christ! Not another new guy wanting to poke at the guinea pig. Maybe he'll lose his nerve if I give him the cold shoulder... Gah! Where's the Klutzy-distraction doc when you need her?

Claes hoped the guy hadn't noticed her tense up... or if he had, that he took it for anger.

Black: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sneeze#Beliefs_and_Cultural_Aspects

Black: -the bit about Eastern Asia

Claes is currently idle

Claes: So all it means is "someone's talking about you"?

Black is currently idle

Claes: well, shit.

Black is currently idle

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sun 13 Jul 2008 - 4:49

OOC: Gah this hasn't been enough of a wild goose chase enough for you? Can't we actually, you know, do something for a change?

IC: Marcello watched the girl shift in her seat a bit. The wrong girl perhaps? he wondered to himself as he stepped closer to the girl at the computer. "I'm sorry, are you not Claes?" He asked stopping just a few feet short of her.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sun 13 Jul 2008 - 9:20

OOC:
There is no 'enough'.

IC:
Claes sighed.

Great. This one has guts.

"Yes, I'm Claes," she said, turning her chair around, "docto..."

She stopped. Instead of the white lab coat and necklace-ID card she expected to see, there was a man in a crisp, clean suit. Claes closed her mouth.

"You're not a doctor..." She said lamely.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Mon 14 Jul 2008 - 2:25

OOC: Your reference is obscure enough that I don't know what it is. Does this mean you win?

IC: At last thought Marcello. He pushed that relief aside. "No I'm not a doctor," He stated plainly as he stood a bit taller, became a bit more stiff. He did his best to look like a leader, before continuing with the girl. "My name is Mr. Marcello Gastone. Ms. Priscilla, and I are going on a surveillance op in the north. Director Lorenzo wants us to take you along to help ensure our safety. I was hoping to leave quickly, time is an issue. You will need to pack enough for a couple days. Is there anything you will need my help with? Getting you gear from the armory, anything like that?"

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Mon 14 Jul 2008 - 2:52

OOC:
Nah, I honestly don't remember where I got that pic, I just like the tagline. I always try to make with the funny in RPGs. And the more embarrassing it is for any character, the better.

IC:
"Um, Mr. Gastone..." Claes began, "There must have been some sort of mistake... I'm... I'm not... I don't..."

Claes took a deep, steadying breath.

"I don't even have any gear! Wh.. what will I need? I can't remember ever doing anything like this!"

... not that my memories are very trustworthy...

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Mon 14 Jul 2008 - 13:01

Marcello blinked, as his head moved ever so slightly to the side. Then he blinked again. "Wait, what? You've haven't done this before?" He said surprised. "I knew you where used for medical tests. I just thought they... I mean your all suppose to be tiny little murder machines. I figured you would know something, about this kind of thing." He paused reaching up, and rubbing the back of his head. Gah! Another green kid, another. First Diana, and now this one. Lorenzo must think I'm a spy for section one, and is trying to kill me! He mused.

He sighed, and looked down at Claes. "Okay well the boss said you where to come along, so looks like your going on a field trip. All you need to do is pack normally what you need for four, or five days. You should also bring another set of cloths. Something dark, easy to hide in. I'll take care of all the mission gear you'll need." He explained. There was another moment as he seemed to size the girl up. "You know how to use a gun at least right?" he asked hopefully.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Mon 14 Jul 2008 - 15:10

Marcello wrote:tiny little murder machines
Claes' eyes narrowed at those words. For some reason she couldn't explain, she was deeply offended by that remark. She waited for the man to finish.

"Alright, Mr. Gastone. Yes. I know which end of a gun spits bullets. I can't recall ever using one, but I'll be your... murder machine... if that's what is required of me."

Claes reached behind her and typed something on her keyboard without looking. The computer reverted to displaying its login screen.

"I'll be needing a bag to pack with. I don't have one big enough for five days."

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Tue 15 Jul 2008 - 12:37

Marcello looked away from Claes, unable to meet her gaze. The girls reply made something sink a bit in his gut, and cause him to feel not entirely unlike an asshole. "Right, bad choice of words." He offered meekly. Still something beyond just the girls disdain bugged him though. Hasn't used a gun before? He pondered. Man if we get jumped what the hell good is she going to be? What does Lorenzo expecting me to do? Hold her up in front of me to soak up bullets? He shook his head slightly, as if it might dislodge the image the last thought had brought him.

He looked back at the girl, "You know Claes I do think you were right before. This does sounds like a mistake." Marcello paused for a moment, "I have a bag you can use, I'll run it up to your room first thing. Is that all your going to need from me?"

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Tue 15 Jul 2008 - 14:31

OOC:
can't wait to see Marcello's reaction the first time she kills someone with a crowbar defending him Laughing
...I think I've discovered Claes' new primary weapon. Fitting, considering the writer for her "handler". Wink

IC:
Damn right this is a mistake.

"If you've already outlined all of my duties... yes, the bag is all I will need... aside from weaponry," Claes practically spat, "If there's nothing else, I need to make arrangements for the care of my garden."

...And I think I may need someone to vent on...

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Thu 17 Jul 2008 - 23:23

OOC: I do love the crowbar. I think this is going to be fun LoC. Very Happy

IC: "One small thing," Marcello said one hand reaching for his backside. Retrieving his wallet he pulled out a simple business card. Exchanging his wallet for a pen he jotted a series of numbers on it's back. "That's my card, the number on the back is my personnel cellphone number. Call me when your ready to go." He explained as he handed the card over.

Turning his back to the girl he strode out the room. From there he maneuvering through the compound in quite contemplation, until he reached his locker near the firing range. From the locker he retrieved one of the two simple black duffel bags he kept there. As he shut the locker, a realization came to him. His shoulders seemed to sink a bit as if they had grown heavier. As he walked towards the cyborg dormitory he retrieved his cellphone, and dialed Priscilla's number. Putting the device to his ear he waited to hear the womans voice.

**edit**
WTF? My entire post disappeared after I do. Now I have to write it all again... Fuck...

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 18 Jul 2008 - 4:51

Having just finished some target practice at the SWA's indoor range, Priscilla had just listened to Marcello's message and was close to calling him herself when his second call came in.

"Hello, Marcello," she answered, "You have good timing. I was just about to call you back."

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Wed 23 Jul 2008 - 0:06

OOC:
*hears crickets chirp*
Oh! Right, I guess I should add something...

IC:
Claes walked to her room, rather more quickly than she usually did. Tapping three times in quick succession on the door, she opened it, stepped inside, closed it and fell back against it. Just in time. The little lip quiver she'd been deftly hiding up to that point was about to turn into something more drastic.

Damn pills...

She stifled a sob.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 23 Jul 2008 - 1:32

OOC: Subbing in for Probit here.

IC:

Hearing Claes knock on the door, Triela was about to greet her friend and relate how the idiotic new guy had so barged in on her when she was about to get changed, but she quickly swtiched tacks when she noticed Claes' distress. Putting down the book she'd been reading, she sat up in bed and turned to face the other cyborg.

"Claes, what happened?"

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Wed 23 Jul 2008 - 10:30

IC:
Claes held up a single finger, the universal request for a moment's pause.

Goddamn pills! Pull yourself together, you don't have time for this.

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes.

"... I..." Claes swallowed and tryed again, and this time the words spilled out of her almost too fast to follow.

"I was approached by a man named Marcello Gastone and... and I'm apparently assigned to go on a mission with him. As protection or... as a murder machine I suppose. That's what he called us... I thought you were all tiny little murder machines were his exact words. What should I do? He told me to pack for five days! I don't think I even have enough clothes for five days. I do laundry three times a week! Who's going to take care of my garden? What if I have to shoot someone? I've never shot anyone, I don't think..."

Claes trailed off and slumped to the ground, staring at nothing in particular.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 24 Jul 2008 - 0:19

OOC: Subbing in for Probit here.

IC:
Triela looked at Claes in bewilderment.

Mission? Murder machines? The garden?

The rapid fire explanation was indeed too fast for her to follow. Shaking her head, she got off her bunk and knelt beside her friend, putting a hand gently on the other cyborg's arm.

"Claes, you're not making any sense. Slow down a bit, okay? What happened?"

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Thu 24 Jul 2008 - 0:56

IC:
Claes looked into her friend's face, her eyes clearing a bit. Her gaze shifted to the floor, and she spoke... deliberately.

"A man I've never seen before, named Marcello Gastone, came to me in the library and said he's supposed to take me on a mission up north. He said Lorenzo told him I was going... I need to pack for five days, Mr. Gastone said he'd get a bag to me, since I don't really have one... I... I'll need someone to care for my garden while I'm away... I really don't know who to a-ask" Claes' voice broke with a little sqeak, and she stopped talking.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 24 Jul 2008 - 1:12

Triela glowered a bit at the mention of Marcello's name, then grimaced slightly as she tried to figure out what to do about Claes' garden.

"We'll find someone to take care of your garden," she assured her friend. "Unfortunately I have an assignment as well, but mine doesn't start for a couple days yet, so if you write out a list of instructions, I'm sure I can find someone to take care of it for you. Why don't you do that while I see what I can do about your packing problem."

As a veteran of many assignments, Triela had a good idea of what Claes would need on hers.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Thu 24 Jul 2008 - 12:07

Noting that he had arrived at the cyborg dormitory, he replied to the woman on the phone, "Right. Well I let Claes know about the mission, and she's getting ready," Marcello paused as he choose his next words careful. "It's occurred to me that as a group we'll need a a plausible cover story. I'm thinking single mother, with a boyfriend on a vacation. That way we only need to create false documents for Claes. Unless you have a better idea of course. Anyway I was hoping you could handle the document side of it, while I pack the gear we'll need." Arriving at his final destination he knocked on the door.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 25 Jul 2008 - 1:34

"Do I really look that old?" Priscilla teased, then added more seriously: "I'll get to things rolling with the documents right away, then get started on my packing. Where should I meet you when I'm done?"

Meanwhile, Triela heard Marcello's knock on the door.

"One minute please," she told Marcello, then turned back to Claes.

"Want me to handle this one?" she asked. For some reason, she found herself tempted to give Marcello a piece of her mind with regards to how he was treating her friend.

Little murder machines...

That description really pissed her off...

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Fri 25 Jul 2008 - 21:33

OOC:
I'll try to get as many posts in as I can before it happens... but my schedule for going to the field got bumped up, so I'm leaving sooner than expected, and I probably won't be able to post after Sunday. Not sure when I'll be back, supposedly it'll be less than a month.

IC:
Claes felt the door reverbate against her back, and heard a rather firm knock at the door. She sprang to her feet, looking at the familiar wooden portal with more than a bit of trepidation.

I'm not ready for this...
Triela wrote:"Want me to handle this one?"
Claes looked at her friend gratefully, saying "Please do. I need a moment to collect myself."

Claes then moved to her desk and prepared to write out instructions for the care of her garden.

OOC:
anybody else tempted to make a "Groundskeeper Willy"-type character for the SWA compound after this one..?

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum