Investigations (Rome RPG Thread Eight)

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Investigations (Rome RPG Thread Eight)

Post by Wileama on Wed 27 Aug 2008 - 17:01

IC: Marcello eyed Claes for a moment. He had half expected the girl to object in someway, but apparently she was more mature then that. That, or she was just too engrossed in her book. Not wishing to press the issue though, he started the car. "Right well here we go," he said as he started the car.

"Be careful not to get car sick," Marcello warned as they backed out.

OOC: Why am I still awake? The internet is awful for my sleep schedule.

Wileama
Sith Lord

Forum Posts : 1053

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 27 Aug 2008 - 19:36

Triela waved goodbye from the edge of the parking lot as the car pulled away, though she wasn't sure if Claes noticed her, seeing as how she had her nose burried in a book. Once the sedan had disappeared from sight, she turned and walked back towards the dormitories.

I wonder when I'll get to see her again, she wondered. Everyone seemed to be going their own seperate ways for the next couple weeks...

Guidebook in hand, Priscilla checked her watch as the car motored along.

"It's going to be rather late by the time we arrive," she remarked. "What's our first priority going to be?"

OOC: I can do another timeskip once we've used this to get an idea where we're taking this. Smile OOC comments can also be used here.

Piero

Forum Posts : 2617

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Wed 27 Aug 2008 - 20:18

IC:
Claes' vision began to swim and her stomach roiled a bit after a few minutes of reading.

What the..? Maybe this is what he meant by 'carsick'... I think it's motion sickness...

Marking her page, Claes closed the book and placed it back in her pocket.
Priscilla wrote:"It's going to be rather late by the time we arrive," she remarked. "What's our first priority going to be?"

"...Late? How far north are we going?" Claes asked, realizing she knew next to nothing about their mission.

OOC:
Claes: "..."

LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Forum Posts : 2628

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 27 Aug 2008 - 23:58

OOC: I guess I'd better answer this.

IC:
"Not that far," Priscilla answered. "Leonardo Da Vinci International airport is actually in Fuimicio. But still, it'll take some time, and it's already well into the afternoon."

Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 1:29

IC:
Claes lapsed into silence again, trying to remember her local geography... until she realized that all she knew about her current location was 'somewhere in the vicinity of Rome'. She gazed out the window, looking for street signs.

OOC:
Ready for a time-skip, here.

LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 11:47

IC: Marcello glanced over at Priscilla. "I was thinking we would grab a motel right off the bat. If we make good time we could try to set up surveillance. In the end though I think it would be easier thought to just get an early start tomorrow morning," He declared neutrally.

OOC: Ditto. Tomorrow morning sounds like a great place to go.

Wileama
Sith Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 12:01

Priscilla nodded.

"Right. Well, there is a nice little place that's quite close to our mark's business..."

OOC: Wil, if you want to write a time skip, you've got my permission. Thinking that might be better then me trying to write a timeskip as Priscilla or as a general overview, though I can try to do that if you'd prefer it that way.

Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 12:39

OOC: I'm more comfortable with a general over view time skip. If maybe you want to pause to let me throw something in there then that's cool too. [hey try hitting the chat box if you have time.]

Wileama
Sith Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 13:22

The hotel that Priscilla had picked out was a small establishment some distance back from Fumicio's coastline. It's rooms were not particularly well appointed, but they were well maintained, and the price was good. It was also, Priscilla noted, known for having good food. Which made the fact that they'd grabbed dinner from a fast food restaurant along the way rather disappointing, but that was life sometimes.

After securing a room -a smoking room unfortunately, thanks to Marcello- Priscilla unpacked her things and began to get read for bed. They were going to want to get off to an early start tommorow, so there was no point in staying up late. Grinning, she gave Marcello -who had kindly volunteered to sleep on the couch so she could have a bed- a teasing "Good night, honey," then turned out the light. It wasn't long before she was asleep.

Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 13:55

Marcello did his best not to turn red at Priscilla's last comment, and to the best of his estimation failed. "Don't let the bed bugs bite love, " He offer weakly in reply. With that he quickly fell asleep, or pretended to at least. It was another hour before he was confident Priscilla was asleep from the slowly moving chest. Quietly he removed the blanket, and rose form his makeshift bed. He may given Priscilla the bed claiming modesty, but that was only half the truth. Having Priscilla interupting him simply wouldn't due. He took the laptop bag, and secured himself in the bathroom.

The bag hadn't been out of Marcello's sight, and rarely more then an arms length away. When Priscilla had taken note of his concern for the bag, he merely stated he didn't want to lose the classified computer inside. Again another half truth. Losing the hard drive in the computer certainly would be bad. However from his understanding the information on it would be difficult to break given even a decades time. The plain text paper file in the bag though could probably be read in just a few minutes, no special equipment required. It was a simple time line detailing the major operation events for Claes. Which incidentally was exactly what he wanted.

Taking a seat he began to read the pages. Marcello took his time in order to commit the information to memory. Once a page was consumed in this manner he crumpled it, and placed it in an ash tray where he burned it. His pace began slow, and deliberate, but steadily became quicker, and quicker. The file confirmed his earlier theory that Claes was originally intended as a standard assassin. What changed that wasn't clear though. The air began to grow heavy with the smoke of burnt pages, and he considered turn the fan on, but choose against it not wanting to risk the noise waking Priscilla. Finally he arrived at the last page.

• Date [---]: Subject begins reconditioned in response to the event dated [---]
  • Date [---]: Subject completes reconditioning process. Handler takes leave, operations suspended
  • Date [---]: Subject enters vegetative state upon learning Handlers death [Vehicular Accident]
  • Date [---]: Subject reconditioned, and transfered to medical division. Operation Record end.
Marcello crumpled the last page, and set it in the ash tray. He set his lighter to it, and watched the flames begin to consume it. He drew out a cigarette, using the burning contents of the ash tray like a match, and he lit it.

Marcello sat there there in quite contemplation as first the ash tray, then his cigarette burned out. With slow, and deliberate actions he emptied the ash tray into the toilet. As the toilet gurgled with water to refill itself, he rinsed out the ash tray, returning it to it's original position. Unlocking the bathroom door he slipped back onto the coach. The contents of the file bouncing around in his head proving a greater challenge to fall asleep then the coach had just a few minutes before.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strive for your next breath.  Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one.  Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

T-Minus 15.193792102158E+9 years until the universe closes!

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 14:17

OOC: And timeskip two. LOC, if you want to add something during the hotel bit, just do so an I'll work it in later.

IC:
Mid morning the next day found the trio's car parked across the street from the small market that was the property of one Adamo Bruni, person of interest and owner of a delivery truck that had apparently been involved in a smuggling operation. Glancing once across the street, Priscilla looked to the car's other occupants, one of whom seemed a bit tired that morning.

"Okay, so, how do we want to do this? Maybe we should take a little look around inside first?"

Piero

Male

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 20:25

OOC:
just some small stuff to add (and I'm assuming they only got one room, and Claes wound up sharing the bed with Pris):

THE PREVIOUS NIGHT:
IC-ish:
Claes had needed to be awakened in the back seat of the car when they arrived at the hotel. She had walked up to the room with all the presence of mind of a classic movie zombie. Upon reaching the room, she had collapsed into the bed and fallen fast asleep.

Hours later, she awoke to the acrid smell of cigarette smoke. She cracked one eyelid, only to see the bathroom door open. Thinking nothing of it, she drifted back into a light slumber.

Awoken again, this time by the sound of a flushing toilet, Claes cracked one eye again, only to see Marcello walking back out of the bathroom and glancing briefly her way with troubled eyes... knowing eyes. She attempted not to alter her breathing pattern as he lay back down on the couch. A shiver ran down her spine as she imagined the million things that he may have been contemplating to cause that look. Sleep did not come for her again for several hours.

Last edited by LoC978 on Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 20:32; edited 1 time in total

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 20:29

IC:
Not having been briefed on the mission at hand, Claes gave Priscilla a puzzled look. She then turned her gaze silently on Marcello, awaiting an answer.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Fri 29 Aug 2008 - 12:44

OOC: I had thought we would actually grab a room for Claes since supposedly 'mommy', and her 'boyfriend' are on a vacation. However I failed to specific that, and that was a pretty cool post. So why do we just say the hotel didn't have enough rooms, and keep the post. Question for Piero, where does Adamo Bruni live?

IC: Marcello sat in the drivers seat dressed in casual cloths instead of his normal business suite he wore at work. "Well the first step is to confirm our target is still here." He said as he stole glanced at Claes through the rear view mirror. Claes. It was hard not to think about what he had read, and find his heart a bit heavier with melancholy. He did his best to push those thoughts aside, and focus on the here, and now. "Claes, and I will walk around the block. While we're doing that we'll check for a back door to the building, and god help us any security. From there we'll go inside, and buy some snacks, and see if Mr. Bruni is there." he said as he rummaged through his laptop bag.

"I put in the paper work for phone taps on the store, and Mr. Bruni's residence. Hopefully it's gotten put through by now. If you wouldn't mind checking on them Priscilla?" Marcello explained as he handed the laptop over to Priscilla. "If he's here we'll hunker down, and start surveillances. Hopefully we can find some space around here we can rent for a bit that we can use to cover the place. It'll be a pain if we have to use the car the entire time. Of course if he doesn't turn up here we'll have to play it by ear." He further explained as he drew out a photo, as he turned to face Claes in the back seat.

"Okay heres the deal," He said handing her the photo. "That's the man we're looking for, Adamo Bruni. Right now we're just watching him. Seeing if we can't turn up an evidence that links him to the Five Republics. You spot him along the way let me know, but try to do it subtly. Act casual, and try to follow my lead, okay?" He asked.

Strive for your next breath.  Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one.  Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Fri 29 Aug 2008 - 14:18

IC:
Claes couldn't meet Marcello's eyes. Her gut was telling her that there was something wrong with his presence in her life. It was something that she couldn't identify, though... and it was driving her crazy.

She realized suddenly that she was staring blankly at the picture he was holding out. She took it and studied it intently, if only to avoid meeting the man's gaze.
Marcello wrote:...can't turn up an evidence that links him to the Five Republics. You spot him along the way let me know, but try to do it subtly. Act casual, and try to follow my lead, okay?
"O-okay," was all she said. Having missed the first part of Marcello's instructions, Claes began turning the photograph over and searching for the name of the man pictured.

He probably told me what it was already...

...She felt slightly embarrassed.

I'm off to a great start, aren't I?

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 29 Aug 2008 - 21:13

OOC: What do you mean when you ask where he lives Wil? How specific is the information you need? About all I'd decided was that he lives in the same town, and probably reasonably close to where his business is located.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Fri 29 Aug 2008 - 23:57

OOC: Well here's the thing. If we're planing to watch Bruni, then we'll have to do it at both his place of work, and at his home. It would be really nice if we could rent some space for watching key locations. We wont stand out as much, and make long periods of surveillance easier. It would be better if we only had to try to rent one location as opposed to two. Given the short notice we probably don't have much chance of finding a space we can rent, but I like to make sure I have all my options covered.

IC: Marcello looked at the girl, and resisted the urge to sigh. She seemed to be zoning out again, and on top of that was still nervous. She looked liked she need some cheering up. "Hey no need for the grim face. All you have to do is look cute, and you've got that down pat. Priscilla, and I will handle all the hard stuff. So relax, we've got your back. Tell you what, if you don't want to do this, you can stay in the car." He said, doing his best to offer the girl a kind smile.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sat 30 Aug 2008 - 1:41

OOC:
Even though I think it's probably a good idea to leave Claes in the car at this point (if this guy works for Padania, he's probably been briefed about little girls)... I doubt her conditioning would allow it in the absence of a direct order.

IC:
"I... I should go with you. I'm here to protect you after all..." Claes paused a moment, looking puzzled.

"...papa? Or should I call you by an alias?" She asked, finally meeting his eyes (and barely managing not to flinch when she saw the troubled look there again).

This all feels so... wrong... like I'm betraying something...

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 30 Aug 2008 - 13:43

OOC: Well, Mr. Bruni's home and business are located in the same part of town, but not really the same street. Renting a place probably isn't that feasible, unfortunately. I'm thinking there might be a convenient cafe or two across the street though, which may help a little.

Just as a reminder though: Bruni is small fry. They're trying to see if he can lead them to other fish.

I hope my story direction doesn't suck too badly -I'd intended the early part to be character development oriented, and come to think of it listening to tapped phone lines for hours on end isn't necessarily very good RPG material.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sun 31 Aug 2008 - 0:13

OOC: Piero, that's what I thought about the home thing. I just wanted to cover all my bases. I think we'll stick to the car for now. LoC, asking Claes to come with him might have been an 'order.' However in that case the offer to stay in the car was probably an 'order' as well.

IC: Marcello shifted uncomfortably under the weight of Claes words. "Well technically I'm only dating you 'mother.' Still though it's probably better we not use our names to much. So yeah, I guess you should call me dad." With that he opened his door, and stepped out onto the side walk. "Well you ready to do this kiddo?" He asked opening Claes door for her.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sun 31 Aug 2008 - 3:06

IC:
Claes hopped out of the car with an uncharacteristic display of energy. One she didn't feel.

"Verily, father," she said with a smile that didn't touch her eyes.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sun 31 Aug 2008 - 3:53

IC: Marcello gave the girl a weak smile, it was nice to see something on the girls face besides a frown. "Well lets get going then," He remarked as he led her around the block. His was slow, and deliberate in order to afford him a chance to look around, without being obvious. Before the pair finally entering the store.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 31 Aug 2008 - 23:21

Adamo Bruni's market was a small establishment of the type that could be found all over Italy. Due to the time of day, it was moderately busy, with a smattering of customers moving among the arrayed produce and shelves of packaged food. None of them seemed to be particularly concerned or on edge about anything.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Wed 3 Sep 2008 - 23:16

Marcello looked down at Claes as he picked up a basket, "You want anything in particular? It's going to be a long day," He said as he began walking the store, his attention relaxed, but still searching for Adamo Bruni.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Wed 3 Sep 2008 - 23:51

IC:
"I don't suppose we'll have the facilities to brew tea or bake cakes..." Claes said while unconsciously scanning the customers for signs of physical threat.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 9:39

Marcello raised an eyebrow. "Cakes, hu?" he said as he bagged a few apples. "I didn't realize you had such a sweet tooth. Maybe if your well behaved we'll buy you some for desert. As for Tea there's a coffee machine in the room we can use to heat the water. We could get a thermos to keep it in. What kind do you want?" He asked as began to move to another section of the store, his gaze slowly traversing the room.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 9:56

IC:
At Marcello's suggestion that tea would be a possibility, Claes started scanning the shelves for tea. a few moments later, she found the section.

"Bergamot Black Tea is fine," she said, spotting and pointing to a box of Earl Grey.

It's in bags, but at least it's tea.

Claes returned to scanning the crowd around them.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 16:30

Most people, upon meeting Adamo Bruni, would have described him as a friendly, sociable man. Being just into middle age, moustached, and sporting a smile much of the time, he was hardly the sort of man one would generally suspect of having links to a terrorist organisation.

On this particular morning he was out on the floor of the small market he owned, overseeing his employees and helping customers. He much preferred that sort of work to the drudgery of management paperwork and backroom organisation -which was probably one of the reasons why his business had not been as successful financially as it could have been.

Spotting a young man and an even younger girl who were glancing around the market, Adamo made the assumption that they were looking for something and approached them with his typical friendly expression.

"Can I help you with something?" he asked.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 22:19

IC:
Marcello looked up at the man as Claes picked her tea off the shelf. "Oh no, I think we can find what we're looking for. Thanks." He said giving the Bruni a warm smile.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 12:29

Adamo nodded, then grinned.

"Alright. If there's anything you need, please let me or one of the staff know. And tell your daughter she has good taste."

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 15:12

"She knows that well enough without me telling her that. Have a nice day," Marcello said turning, and heading for the register. "Was there anything else you wanted?" He asked his 'daughter.'

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 8:34

IC:
Claes tore her eyes away from Adamo Bruni, trying to conceal her suspicion of the man. He just seemed... slimy to her.

"Now that I've had a chance to look around... could I have a package of biscotti? These prepackaged cakes don't look very good."

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 10:11

IC: "Sure no problem," Marcello said as turned down an aisle in search for the girls request. In short order the pair was standing in front of the stores selection of biscotti. Marcello waited for Claes to pick a package, and added it to his basket. Satisfied with the load of food, mostly consisting of snacks of one form, or another, he moved to a register. In short order he paid for the food, and returned to the car. Sliding back into the drivers seat, he glanced over at Priscilla. "Hey, any luck with those taps?" He asked.

OOC: Biscotti, ewww.... Never could stand the stuff. Anyway Piero are there any additional entrances to the store besides the one in front? If there are can we spot them from where we are right now?

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 12:40

OOC: You know, somehow the SWA doesn't seem to me like the sort of organisation that would tend to bother with paperwork for this sort of thing, but okay...

As for the store -I'm thinking maybe just one main entrance for the customers. There are probably others the employees use though.

IC:
Priscilla nodded.

"Yeah, we're clear to go on that front. How are things on yours?"

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 16:14

OOC: Maybe, maybe not, but it has to be requisitioned. Mainly it's for me as a player to say that, I have this angle covered. Which is why I'm asking this question about the entrances. I said it was one of the things I was looking for when I walked around the block. I want to make sure there isn't a way for people to slip in, and out of the store without us watching. Otherwise we could loose Bruni, or miss an important meeting.

IC: "Good, he's managing the store like it's just another day by the look of things," Marcello said looking at his watch. "We need to scope out Mr. Bruni's house tonight. I was thinking we might want to set up a system of watches if we're going to keep 24/7 surveillance on him. I'm thinking ten hour shifts, that way we don't get stuck with just days, and nights. Put Claes shift so she does five hours with each of us. What do you think?"

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 19:12

Priscilla grimaced.

And this is why I hate field work, she thought to herself. Not that she didn't burn the midnight oil back as the SWA compound on occasion, but at least she didn't tend to get situations like this.

"Well, I can't say I'm thrilled about having to adjust my sleep schedule on a daily basis, but it is probably the best way for us to handle things. By the way, there's a hotel down the street that looks like it might have a good view of the front entrance. Do you think we should try to get a room there? If nothing else, it will put us closer to him if we have to make a move."

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sun 7 Sep 2008 - 10:08

Marcello sighed, and let his head rest on the steering wheel. "Yeah I'm not excited myself," He began, as he turned his head to watch the stores entrance. "The hotel sounds good. Actually if Claes sleeps during the store hours we could put her on a longer shift. That way she can cover whoever is watching Burni when he's not at the store, and we'll can have her at hand whenever we need. I'm thinking I aught to get a room now, and close out the room we used last night. Then Claes, and I will try to get some sleep in. All three of us will follow Bruni back home tonight, and scope out his home. Then you'll take your down time, and we'll start a proper rotation. Does that work for you two?" He said picking his head back up, look at Priscilla, then Claes. "You think you'll be okay with such weird hours?" He ask the girl with what sounded like genuine concern.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sun 7 Sep 2008 - 19:10

IC:
In the back seat, Claes shrugged.

"I've dealt with sleep deprivation, physical abuse, lack of food and water, mind-altering chemicals... I'm a guinea pig. I'm not dead or... to my knowledge, anyway... insane yet, so I think I can handle it," she smirked a little as she mentioned her sanity, as she knew that very few insane people actually knew they were even abnormal until someone forced them into treatment.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Thu 11 Sep 2008 - 22:05

Marcello shook his head. "Alright well I'll be right back then," he said stepping out of the car. A short stroll down the street found him at the hotel. A quick survey of the second floor made it clear which room numbers would suite his needs. Returning to the hotel lobby he spent the next few minutes securing two adjoining rooms. A queen for the 'couple,' and a smaller single for their 'daughter.' Room keys enough for the entire group in hand he returned to the car.

"Right we have some new digs," Marcello declared, handing out room keys to his two accomplices. "I'll drop you two off at the hotel, and I'll go close out our old rooms." He said as he started the engine. Pulling out into traffic he rolled the car forward the short distance to the hotel. Letting his passengers out, he then continued on to the hotel from the previous night. He quickly loaded what luggage they had left there into the car, before checking out. That task accomplished he returned to the groups new hotel, ferrying the baggage up to their respective rooms. As he did a thought dawned on him.

Marcello, holding a black duffle bag, found Claes. "I forgot to give this stuff to you ealier," He began as he took a seat. Placing the bag on his lap he opened it, and began to go through it's contents. "I figured you didn't have a cell phone so I got you a prepaid one. It's got 300 minutes on it for right now." He explained tossing her a phone, and charger.

He returned to searching through the bag as he talked, "The first speed dial is Priscilla's number, second speed dial is me, and the third speed dial is an emergency number at the agency. The last number is a special number, so try not to loss the phone. If you do let Priscilla, or I know immediately."

A few more moments of searching in the bag brought forth a Beretta 92, with four spare clips, placing them on the ground. A smaller holster that looked like it might fit Claes was quickly set next to the pistol. "Do I need to go over safety, and handling with you, or will you be okay?" Marcello asked studying the girl carefully.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Thu 11 Sep 2008 - 22:38

IC:
Claes hurried up to her room, tea and biscotti in hand.

It's been far too long...

Opening the door, she set her treats on a nearby counter and noticed a coffee pot set back toward the wall. She filled it with water from the sink in the bathroom, plugged it in and waited.

Before the water had a chance to boil, her door opened and Marcello entered.
Marcello wrote:"I forgot to give this stuff to you ealier," ...
..."I figured you didn't have a cell phone so I got you a prepaid one. It's got 300 minutes on it for right now." He explained tossing her a phone, and charger.
Claes caught the phone and charger, setting the latter on the counter next to her tea. She browsed through the phone's cheap OS, locating numbers and nodding as Marcello mentioned them.

And then he brought out the pistol. She stared at it, and all she could think was:

That's not an H&K...
"Do I need to go over safety, and handling with you, or will you be okay?" Marcello asked studying the girl carefully.
Why should it be an H&K? I only know the name from the internet... she thought, as she recalled schematics and specs for the VP-70, even though she'd never heard of such a thing.

Her right hand reached out of its own accord and grasped the Beretta, though not at the grip. Her thumb deftly pushed the disassembly latch while her thumb rotated it on the other side and her remaining three fingers moved the slide. Laying the lower half of the weapon gently on the floor, she removed the recoil spring and barrel, laid the parts out neatly... and by Carabieneri regulation. The disassembly took her approximately five seconds.

"I... uh," Claes worked her throat, her mouth suddenly dry, "That is... I have no idea how I just did that..."

Her haunted eyes never moved away from the weapon.

...The coffee pot finally went silent.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Thu 11 Sep 2008 - 23:46

Marcello took the bag from his lap, and set it on the ground by his chair. The girl before him looked confused. Confused, and scared. The features of his faced hardened into a grimace. He fought down a sigh, and stood. Gently he touched her shoulder, and said "Don't worry about it." With that he plant his rear on the floor, next to the pieces of what had recently been a pistol.

"This is the barrel," Marcello said pick up that piece. "You put it back into the slide like this," he explained as he put the two pieces back together where Claes could easily see. Another forty seconds, and the weapon was whole again on the floor. "The mag hold 15 rounds. I'm carrying the same weapon, so we can trade clips. Never leave it in the room unattended. When you leave with it, make sure you conceal it on your person. Have Priscilla, or I double check your hiding job."

Marcello picked up the weapon, checked the slide to ensure it was unloaded, and held it grip first to Claes. "You going to be okay?" He asked simple.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Fri 12 Sep 2008 - 0:32

IC:
Claes took the handgun, unconsciously grabbing a mag, slipping it into the pistol and dropping it into the large righthand pocket of her skirt... without chambering a round. It was concealed behind a thin, hardbound book... almost as if she had planned to put it there from the start.

"I'll manage," she said, quickly scooping up the remaining three magazines from the ground and placing them in her left pocket, also behind a book. She didn't even notice the holster Marcello had brought for her.

"...would you like some tea?" She asked, getting up and moving to the coffee pot. She opened a few of the cupboards, finding some cheap ceramic coffee mugs.

Taking two of the the mugs and setting them on the counter, she opened her box of tea and extracted two teabags, setting one in each mug.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sun 14 Sep 2008 - 2:33

Marcello stood up. "Thank you, but no. I'm going to try to get some sleep. You should do the same," He said simple as he made his way for the door. He was out the door before she even got a chance to reply. With a brisk pace he quickly found himself in front of the bed in the next room over. Discarding some of his cloths he worked his way under the sheets. He lay there, putting all his troubles out of mind.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Mon 15 Sep 2008 - 12:13

IC:
Claes flinched a little as Marcello brushed past her.

This is going to be a long five days. She thought as she put away the second mug and its teabag.

After pouring hot water into the remaining mug, Claes made her way over to the bed. She set her steeping tea on the nightstand and started rummaging through her duffel bag for a storybook. Something soothing. Something that would help her forget the extra weight in her pockets, and the violence it implied.

OOC:
(in the voice of HK-47)
Suggestion: Advancing relative time through the utilization of a detached voiceover could be advantageous at this juncture.
Also, a somewhat more direct quote:
Commentary: It is our lot in life, I suppose, master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 16 Sep 2008 - 1:08

Having spent a largely uneventful day monitoring Adamo's market, Priscilla crept into Claes' room shortly before dinnertime. Seeing the cyborg girl lying there asleep, she put a hand on her shoulder and shook gently.

"Hey, time to get up, sleeping beauty," she joked.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Tue 16 Sep 2008 - 1:17

IC:
Claes woke from her fitful slumber to the sound of her door opening. Cracking one eye just a tad, she saw a slender female figure approach her bed.

Priscilla wrote:"Hey, time to get up, sleeping beauty,"

Claes yawned and stretched.

"...At least you didn't try to kiss me awake... but then, you're no Prince Phillip," she said, climbing out of bed, "Of course, I probably would have killed him for it..."

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 16 Sep 2008 - 1:35

Interpreting Claes' words in a somewhat figurative manner, Priscilla frowned a little at the image of the princess waking up and belting the prince for sexual harassment.

"Romance is dead," she mourned.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Tue 16 Sep 2008 - 1:45

IC:
Claes simply looked at Priscilla, wondering what might possess her to say such a thing.

I thought all of the adults at the Agency were just too busy for romance...

Remaining silent, Claes put on a quizzical expression, hoping that Priscilla would just tell her what to do.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 16 Sep 2008 - 1:53

Priscilla looked at Claes, noting that the girl hadn't moved yet.

"Is there anything you need help with?" she asked. "We're going to be grabbing a quick dinner then moving out immediately thereafter."

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Tue 16 Sep 2008 - 2:05

IC:
"Ah. No, I'm ready. I just wondered what we were doing first, is all," Claes said, adjusting her skirt, "Shall we go?"

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Mon 22 Sep 2008 - 14:40

IC: Marcello sat by the window, watching the front of the story though a pair of binoculars. On the table besides him sat a simple sandwich, bought for the very same store. He glanced at his watch. Priscilla had just left with Claes to get some dinner, while he watched the store. Another exciting adventure in surveillance. He thought, keenly aware just how long the next few weeks could be.

OOC:
LoC978 wrote:Commentary: It is our lot in life, I suppose, master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?
Ah the witty, and clever prose of HK-47. Best. Driod. Ever.

Yes indeed, let us show the meatbags the errors of their ways. Anyway I'm basically ready to skip right to the watching of the mans home.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Mon 22 Sep 2008 - 20:29

A quick drive past the front of Adamo Bruni's home revealed it to be a pale red structure, two stories tall but relatively compact in length and width, with small windows. It was located on a moderately sized lot with little in the way of shrubs that could be used as cover, though one of its neighbouring lots looked a little more promising. An older model grey Alfa Romeo was parked in the street in front of it.

Priscilla parked the car a couple blocks from the target house and looked at Marcello.

"So, how do we want to do this?"

OOC: Claes is welcome to make suggestions too.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Mon 22 Sep 2008 - 23:00

IC: Marcello looked at the house carefully as they drove past the building. When the car came to a stop he found himself leaning back in his seat. "Not easily," He remarked as he thought the situation over.

"First step is to take another look at the building. Figure out what the entrances are, so we know where to watch. Looks like our only way to watch the place will be to use the car, doesn't look like we'll be able to rent anything around here. It might make our lives easier if we get into the house in the next day, or two, and get some bugs in place. That way hopefully we can sit a bit further back, be less noticeable. Until then we'll have to rely on people standing out in a quite place like this." He said explaining his thoughts.

"While I'm sitting on my hands most of the night, I'll try to figure a way into the mans house, and hopefully business as well. But first the best way to scope the place out is to give it a look over. Bruni has already seen Claes, and I. We should try, and keep you in reserve for now, Priscilla. In case we need a face he hasn't seen to plant the bugs. So I think it would be best if the family dog managed to get off his leash. Claes of course is sure it ran behind Mr. Bruni's house." Marcello paused as he adjusted his glasses. "That work for you Claes?" He asked still staring out the window.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Tue 23 Sep 2008 - 11:11

IC:
"Using a 'family dog' for a ruse? Okay. We should probably have a leash, in that case," Claes answered, "...but what about that neighboring lot? We should probably see if we could use that somehow instead of just parking the car out in the open..."

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sat 27 Sep 2008 - 19:37

IC: "We don't have the leash, because our black lab Sam pulled it from your hands." Marcello replied. "A neighbors parking lot only works if can find one that is on vacation, or something of the sort. It's worth looking into, but one should always assume the worst."

With that he hoped out of the car, opening the back door. "Lets try to be quick about this okay..."

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sun 28 Sep 2008 - 11:38

IC:
Claes climbed out of the car behind Marcello.

"Alright. Should I start calling for the dog now, then?"

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Tue 30 Sep 2008 - 11:08

"No lets wait till we get a bit closer to the house. Think of it more as an excuse if we get caught then anything else," Marcello explain as he lead the young girl to the house. As soon as he could see the house he sure to pick up his pace, and make it looks as if he was looking for something.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Thu 2 Oct 2008 - 0:12

OOC:
I got nothin'...

IC:
Claes followed Marcello's lead, pretending to search for a specific object while keeping an eye out for any human presence and shading her eyes unnecessarily.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Thu 2 Oct 2008 - 12:52

OOC: Waits for something to go wrong, or even dare I hope it, right...

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum