Investigations (Rome RPG Thread Eight)

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Investigations (Rome RPG Thread Eight)

Post by LoC978 on Wed 23 Jul 2008 - 0:06

OOC:
*hears crickets chirp*
Oh! Right, I guess I should add something...

IC:
Claes walked to her room, rather more quickly than she usually did. Tapping three times in quick succession on the door, she opened it, stepped inside, closed it and fell back against it. Just in time. The little lip quiver she'd been deftly hiding up to that point was about to turn into something more drastic.

Damn pills...

She stifled a sob.

LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Forum Posts : 2628

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 23 Jul 2008 - 1:32

OOC: Subbing in for Probit here.

IC:

Hearing Claes knock on the door, Triela was about to greet her friend and relate how the idiotic new guy had so barged in on her when she was about to get changed, but she quickly swtiched tacks when she noticed Claes' distress. Putting down the book she'd been reading, she sat up in bed and turned to face the other cyborg.

"Claes, what happened?"

Piero

Forum Posts : 2617

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Wed 23 Jul 2008 - 10:30

IC:
Claes held up a single finger, the universal request for a moment's pause.

Goddamn pills! Pull yourself together, you don't have time for this.

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes.

"... I..." Claes swallowed and tryed again, and this time the words spilled out of her almost too fast to follow.

"I was approached by a man named Marcello Gastone and... and I'm apparently assigned to go on a mission with him. As protection or... as a murder machine I suppose. That's what he called us... I thought you were all tiny little murder machines were his exact words. What should I do? He told me to pack for five days! I don't think I even have enough clothes for five days. I do laundry three times a week! Who's going to take care of my garden? What if I have to shoot someone? I've never shot anyone, I don't think..."

Claes trailed off and slumped to the ground, staring at nothing in particular.

LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 24 Jul 2008 - 0:19

OOC: Subbing in for Probit here.

IC:
Triela looked at Claes in bewilderment.

Mission? Murder machines? The garden?

The rapid fire explanation was indeed too fast for her to follow. Shaking her head, she got off her bunk and knelt beside her friend, putting a hand gently on the other cyborg's arm.

"Claes, you're not making any sense. Slow down a bit, okay? What happened?"

Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Thu 24 Jul 2008 - 0:56

IC:
Claes looked into her friend's face, her eyes clearing a bit. Her gaze shifted to the floor, and she spoke... deliberately.

"A man I've never seen before, named Marcello Gastone, came to me in the library and said he's supposed to take me on a mission up north. He said Lorenzo told him I was going... I need to pack for five days, Mr. Gastone said he'd get a bag to me, since I don't really have one... I... I'll need someone to care for my garden while I'm away... I really don't know who to a-ask" Claes' voice broke with a little sqeak, and she stopped talking.

LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 24 Jul 2008 - 1:12

Triela glowered a bit at the mention of Marcello's name, then grimaced slightly as she tried to figure out what to do about Claes' garden.

"We'll find someone to take care of your garden," she assured her friend. "Unfortunately I have an assignment as well, but mine doesn't start for a couple days yet, so if you write out a list of instructions, I'm sure I can find someone to take care of it for you. Why don't you do that while I see what I can do about your packing problem."

As a veteran of many assignments, Triela had a good idea of what Claes would need on hers.

Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Thu 24 Jul 2008 - 12:07

Noting that he had arrived at the cyborg dormitory, he replied to the woman on the phone, "Right. Well I let Claes know about the mission, and she's getting ready," Marcello paused as he choose his next words careful. "It's occurred to me that as a group we'll need a a plausible cover story. I'm thinking single mother, with a boyfriend on a vacation. That way we only need to create false documents for Claes. Unless you have a better idea of course. Anyway I was hoping you could handle the document side of it, while I pack the gear we'll need." Arriving at his final destination he knocked on the door.

Wileama
Sith Lord

Forum Posts : 1053

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 25 Jul 2008 - 1:34

"Do I really look that old?" Priscilla teased, then added more seriously: "I'll get to things rolling with the documents right away, then get started on my packing. Where should I meet you when I'm done?"

Meanwhile, Triela heard Marcello's knock on the door.

"One minute please," she told Marcello, then turned back to Claes.

"Want me to handle this one?" she asked. For some reason, she found herself tempted to give Marcello a piece of her mind with regards to how he was treating her friend.

Little murder machines...

That description really pissed her off...

Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Fri 25 Jul 2008 - 21:33

OOC:
I'll try to get as many posts in as I can before it happens... but my schedule for going to the field got bumped up, so I'm leaving sooner than expected, and I probably won't be able to post after Sunday. Not sure when I'll be back, supposedly it'll be less than a month.

IC:
Claes felt the door reverbate against her back, and heard a rather firm knock at the door. She sprang to her feet, looking at the familiar wooden portal with more than a bit of trepidation.

I'm not ready for this...
Triela wrote:"Want me to handle this one?"
Claes looked at her friend gratefully, saying "Please do. I need a moment to collect myself."

Claes then moved to her desk and prepared to write out instructions for the care of her garden.

OOC:
anybody else tempted to make a "Groundskeeper Willy"-type character for the SWA compound after this one..?

LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sun 10 Aug 2008 - 14:13

Marcello held up the bag he had brought. He pulled the phone away from his mouth. "I just came to drop this off. No handling required..." He said handing the bag off. [or dropping it at the girls feet if he had too] With that he turned to leave, his attention once more turning to the conversation he was holding.

"I was thinking we could meet at the parking lot. I was hoping to get a sedan out of the quarter master. Really don't want to be taking a private vehicle on this one. Sound good to you?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strive for your next breath.  Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one.  Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

T-Minus 15.193792102158E+9 years until the universe closes!

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Mon 11 Aug 2008 - 0:26

Across the compound, Priscilla nodded.

"Fine with me. I'll call you back when I'm close to being ready to go."

As she spoke, Marcello's arm was grabbed by a vice like grip, and Triela's glaring face appeared in front of him.

"We need to talk," she informed him.

Piero

Male

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Mon 11 Aug 2008 - 2:10

Marcello reflexively jerked his arm, but found his wrist locked tight in the girls grasp. He did his best to relax, and not focus on how intimidating the young girl in front of him. "Yeah Priscilla, talk to you later." He said as he ended the called.

"Okay, lets talk then..." Marcello declared.

Strive for your next breath.  Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one.  Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Mon 11 Aug 2008 - 2:15

Triela shook her head in annoyance.

"Not here!" she declared indignantly. She then proceeded to drag Marcello a short distance down the hall before rounding on him, letting go of his wrist, and placing her hands on her hips.

"You made Claes cry," she informed him, glaring angrily up at him as she did so.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Tue 12 Aug 2008 - 0:45

IC:
Claes heard the door shut behind her, muting the voices of Triela and Marcello. She hadn't really been paying attention anyway, she was so engrossed in writing up her list of gardening tasks. There was already a full page of them...

Claes imagined Henrietta, or any of the other girls besides Triela, trying to complete all of the tasks listed. She crumpled up the paper and started again.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 12 Aug 2008 - 12:58

Wil's last post (which was in the wrong thread):
Marcello took his wrist, and rubbed it. "There's no need to be so rough young lady," he commented indignantly.

Triela wrote:You made Claes cry
"Did I now..." Marcello commented, more then replied. He pushed his glasses back up his nose, as he sighed. "I suppose you want the big meanie to apologize to her then."

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 12 Aug 2008 - 13:08

Triela folded her arms across her chest. For some reason she was finding Marcello's patronising attitude annoying.

"Actually, what I'd like the 'big meanie' to do is change his attitude. Frankly, if it were me, I wouldn't care what someone like you thought, I've dealt with idiots who think the way you do plenty of times. But apparently Claes is more sensitive then I am, and you really hurt her when you called her a 'little murder machine.'"

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Tue 12 Aug 2008 - 22:13

OOC: I posted in the wrong thread hu? I guess I was more tired then I thought...

IC: "That was a pretty stupid thing to say, I'll give you that. I do feel like a jerk for making her cry. It was by no means my intention, and I am sorry," Marcello replied. "I'll be frank with you though. You girls make me uncomfortable. It's not your fault, and I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings. It's however, the truth. If you really think we should all be best friends, then your expecting a bit much."

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 13 Aug 2008 - 1:38

Triela exhaled slowly. She was no longer as angry as she had been, but she was still not pleased.

"I'm not expecting you to act like Claes' best friend, but I do expect you to treat her with respect and consideration. She's not a doll you know. She has feelings, just like any other girl does. We all do, even the more heavily conditioned ones like Rico."

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Wed 13 Aug 2008 - 12:13

Marcello clasped his hands behind his back. "I'm use to give order to soldiers," He began. "That's the leadership I know, and clearly it's not well suited to you girls. Mistake made, lesson learned." There was a pause as he let the silence fall between the two. "Was there anything you wanted to lecture me on?" He asked.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 13 Aug 2008 - 13:13

Triela shook her head.

"No, not really. Although I do have a piece of advice for you."

She took a deep breath and exhaled slowly.

"I'm a good friend of Claes', and I don't want to reflect badly on her, but frankly, if you want to be sure of your safety, you'd probably better see to it yourself. I don't know whose idea it was to assign Claes as your bodyguard, but frankly, I think it's downright stupid. She may be a cyborg, but she doesn't have any training or combat experience. Well, none that she can remember, at any rate."

That last was added upon remembering a few of the times she'd worked with Claes back when Raballo was still alive, and was probably not a smart move on Triela's part. She hoped Marcello wouldn't make an issue out of it.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Wed 13 Aug 2008 - 13:27

IC:
Claes sneezed suddenly, causing her pen to drag and rip the paper her list was on.

"Aaaauuuugh!"

She crumpled it up and started again.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Fri 15 Aug 2008 - 13:33

Marcello raised an eyebrow, and studied the young girl before him. The gears in his brain began to spin. She didn't look like she wanted to talk about it anymore. She had been pretty forceful not a few minutes earlier, so he doubted direct interrogation would yield significant information. "Right," he managed to grunt, as he turned to leave.

None that she can remember. That would imply that she had at one point received training, and had since forgotten it. Why would she have forgotten combat training? Perhaps Triela meant rusty? No that wasn't right Claes's reaction didn't fit. What was it she had said? Something like, 'I've never handled a gun, or anything like that.' No she had forgotten in the fullest sense of the word. Why? Amnesia, brain damage, and conditioning? Conditioning would make the most sense. Either during her initial conditioning, or as part of memory lose as a side effect.

For it to have been a result of her initial conditioning would require the training to take place before she became a cyborg. Perhaps she had been a child solider? That seemed to happen mostly in seedier eastern bloc countries, and Africa. Claes didn't strike him as either. Also how would Triela come by this information? It was still a possibility, if extremely unlikely.

What about as a result of memory loss? That didn't feel right either. Angelica was the oldest cyborg wasn't she? Yet she didn't seem to have forgotten her training. More importantly why would you allow a cyborg to forget combat training? If there was a slip, why not simple refresh it. Was it no longer deemed an important skill? Maybe she had been trained to make a more accurate model of operational cyborg for more accurate testing. Then it was deemed too expensive to be worth the return? No, what return would it be worth the investment in the first place? Maybe she had learned it as a hobby that the agency deemed to expensive? No the agency's ammo budget was large to say the least. There has to be enough spare time in the training schedule for Claes to do some herself if she wanted. Unless perhaps she got bored of it. Still that seemed like pretty server memory loss.

GAH! This simply was not adding up. What assumptions am I making? What piece of the puzzle am I missing? Maybe it was Amnesia. No, that was wrong. How ever it had happened it end up the same. Either she had learned it before coming to the agency, or after. Before was a remote, but real possibility. Especially given the role the girls where to serve. Well for the other girls at least, Claes was just a guinea pig.

Something in Marcello's gut tugged at his brain. Why was Claes selected to be a guinea pig? Wouldn't it make more sense to phase out an older cyborg, say the first model? Angelica had suffered the most from side effects since no mitigating action was taken to prevent that damage. With the shortest remaining life span, and decent operational life, why not use her? Why build a new cyborg from the ground up, to give over to the medical division? With a new cyborg you wouldn't get any operational time out of, it would be harder to recoup the cost.

Unless Claes was never intended to be a guinea pig. Well if that where the case she would have been a regular assassin. Then she would have been trained by a handler. Marcello felt his stomach settle into an uncomfortable place. What happened to the handler? This wasn't a job you could quit. He must have been killed on the job. That was a sobering thought that required Marcello to take a seat.

He sighed heavily, his eyes shut. Marcello felt his head sink into his hand. That fit really well. If Claes had forgotten about her handler, and her training then they must have reconditioned her. He wasn't sure how a cyborg would react to the death of a handler. Especially if she considered herself responsible. He recalled how fiercely Henrietta had acted just a few nights ago over Guiseppie. A shudder ran down his spine. Reconditioning her would make a lot of sense. Well it was still a lot to assume. There could be a more benign explanation for all this. Maybe not one that fit so well though...

Still why would Lorenzo choose a girl like Claes? It just didn't.... Wait. Where am I?!? Marcello suddenly wondered. He snapped his eyes open, and picked his head out of his hand. His eyes darted across the room, which turned out to be the dinning hall. Then the settled on the features of the only other occupant of his table. Ferro's cold eyes started back at him.

"Oh," Marcello managed.

OOC: Well that was long. Anyway I had to break it up, or this would be more of a story then an rpg. Piero, If you don't like me figuring it out you can delete it, and we'll work it out via pm.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 15 Aug 2008 - 16:26

Her conversation with Marcello having seemingly concluded, Triela returned to the room she shared with Claes. She'd found the man's behaviour near the end of their talk a little odd, but she was soon too busy to give the issue much thought.

"How's it coming?" she asked as she sat down and started to see what she could do about her friends packing.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Fri 15 Aug 2008 - 19:01

OOC:
I for one, like how you had Marcello tentatively arrive upon the truth, Wil.

IC:
"Just finished," Claes answered, holding up a list of fifteen daily tasks accompanied by a rough sketch of her garden's layout.

"...let me see how many changes of clothes I have..." She said, setting down the list and moving to her small wardrobe.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 15 Aug 2008 - 22:51

Triela nodded.

"The most important thing is to make sure you have lots of socks and underwear. After that, your next priority should be shirts and sleepwear. Pants and such can be reworn a lot of times if need be, so you don't need many of them."

A grin began to spread across her face.

"Most importantly though, you need one of these!"

She grabbed a nearby teddy bear -one of the smallest of her collection- and held it out to Claes.

"It's for morale support," she declared.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Fri 15 Aug 2008 - 23:04

IC:
Claes looked into her nearly bare wardrobe.

"Well, here it is," she said, pulling out one pair of pants, two skirts and three blouses.

"With what I'm wearing, that's four sets... I guess it could be worse."

Claes went to where Marcello had dropped the duffel bag, and began trying to neatly store her clothing in it. After a few moments of trying (and failing) to fold everything to fit perfectly, she let out an exasperated sigh, sitting back on her heels.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 15 Aug 2008 - 23:17

Triela knelt down and took a look at at what Claes had managed to come up with.

"It's not that bad actually. I'd rarely pack much more then this for a short trip. Maybe just an extra shirt or two. Do you have anything that's waiting to be laundered right now?"

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Fri 15 Aug 2008 - 23:42

IC:
"...only one set of pajamas, I just did my laundry last night..."

Claes shoved the last dress into the bag, rumpling the edges a bit.

"Great..." she said, getting up to go get undergarments and PJs from a drawer.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 15 Aug 2008 - 23:54

Triela stood up and followed Claes, still holding the teddy bear from earlier.

"I could probably lend you a shirt if you need one, although it might not be quite your size."

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sat 16 Aug 2008 - 0:03

IC:
Claes opened the drawer containing her undergarments and socks, removing nearly everything in the drawer. she had four complete sets in her hands, along with one set of Pajamas.

She turned and came face-to-face with Triela's teddy bear.

"Uh... I think I'll have enough shirts..." she said slowly, not taking her eyes off of the bear or moving.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sat 16 Aug 2008 - 0:07

Marcello hurried down the stairs, a travel bag in his hand. That would be the last time he accidentally sat down at Ferro's table. He couldn't have escaped her gaze any more quickly. He sighed as he reached the ground floor, deciding that today was not a good day. Yes outside was a beautiful day, but that was just to lull you into a false sense of security. A quick walk down the street brought him before a white sedan owned by the agency. The plates would trace back to a nonexistent man in the south.

Removing the keys from his pocket he opened the trunk, revealing two black duffel bags. The first contained an assortment of surveillance gear. There was a fancy digital camera, with a telescopic lense. A laptop with some fancy encryption for secure file transfer back to the agency. There where a couple of bugs, and some other gear besides. Far more important then all of that though, was a simple manila folder. Inside it where hopefully some answers. He had made a copy of Claes' file, quietly snuck it out of the office. Which could get him in trouble down the road, but Marcello's curiosity had gotten the better of him.

The bag sitting next to it was the bag he was hoping he wouldn't need. Inside a person would find Marcello's tactical vest, with it's six STANAG mags. Which of course along with the 300 rounds of 5.56mm, and the Beretta SC-70/90 in the bag. There was also a Beretta 92, with four spare clips for Claes. It was a straight forward gun, and they would be able to trade ammo with the twin sitting under Marcello's arm. There was also an underarm holster he was hoping would fit Claes, and a few boxes of 9mm ammunition. God forbid they need a bit more fire power there was an MP5K packed away with six clips. The weapon was small enough for Claes to handle, and hopefully hide. To round every out there was a simple medical kit, and some zipcuffs.

Marcello set his travel bag next the others. Compared to the others is was very plain. Five shirts, a night shirt, six underwear, six pairs of socks, two pairs of pants, and a simple collection of toiletries. Simple. He closed the truck, and hopped into the drivers seat. In a few minutes he would be back at the agency. Hopefully Claes, and Priscilla would be ready soon.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 16 Aug 2008 - 0:21

"Right then. Now we just need to work out your toiletries."

A short time later, Triela and Claes appeared in the agency parking lot along with the duffel bag. Triela of course was not truly needed, but had decided to come along to see her friend off. Priscilla was not yet present, but was on her way.

OOC: I'll let you decided what happened with Triela trying to get her to take that Bear. Laughing

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sat 16 Aug 2008 - 0:31

IC:
Claes stood awkwardly with the black duffel hanging from her shoulder, clutching the stuffed bear... looking lost and more than a little afraid.

"...Triela? What's his name?" she asked suddenly.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 16 Aug 2008 - 0:54

Caught of guard, Triela blinked at Claes' sudden question.

"Um... Napoleon," she answered. The bear in question was small in stature and supposedly French made, so it seemed appropriate, especially with all the ones she had there were named after Roman Emporers.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sat 16 Aug 2008 - 1:04

IC:
For the first time since she met Marcello Gastone, Claes smiled a little. Regarding the little bear in her hands, she said

"Well, Mr. Bonaparte, I guess you get to help wage another war. Remember to eat well and wash your hands this time, eh?"

She pinched the bear's nose briefly, and went back to waiting.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sun 17 Aug 2008 - 3:19

LoC978 wrote:IC:
For the first time since she met Marcello Gastone, Claes smiled a little.
OOC: Oh we are just going to be best friends aren't we? Awesome!

IC: Marcello nodded to the gate guard as he was waved into the compound. Entering the parking lot he noted the two girls standing about. He sighed at the thought of being out numbered. Shortly he had the car parked in a nearby spot. Turning the engine off, he reached down, and popped the trunk. Stepping out of the car he gave the two girls a wave. From his jacket he retrieved a cigarettes, and lighter. It's going to be a long week Marcello thought as he light up.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Mon 18 Aug 2008 - 0:05

OOC:
it's 2200, I just got off work, and I have a 0330 formation! Awesome! [/sarcasm]

IC:
Claes' attention was suddenly drawn to a car's trunk opening nearby. She felt a sudden pang of guilt for not having noticed it pull up.

Situational awareness, Claes! Marksmanship is worth nothing if you don't even know they're there.

She shook her head slowly in confusion.

...where the hell did that come from?

By that time Marcello was out of the car and waving her over. Claes held Napoleon close, glanced briefly at Triela, and stepped off toward the car with no small amount of trepidation.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Mon 18 Aug 2008 - 0:48

OOC: Aren't you suppose to have 8 hours of rest between shifts on aircraft maintenance?

IC: Marcello took a long deep breath from the cigarette, savoring it before releasing the smoke from his nose. He gave a side long glance to Claes as she approached. "Relax, I promise I wont bite," He offered as he moved to open the trunk. "Got everything squared away alright?" He asked.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Mon 18 Aug 2008 - 8:44

OOC:
yes. unfortunately, what I'm trained to do and what I actually do are two very different things. however, you're also supposed to have 8 hours before driving long distances... but in the Army, rules are made to be broken - this applies to the higher-ups as much as to us peons. Regulations are merely suggestions as far as any of us are concerned.

IC:
As Claes was approaching, Marcello blew some cigarette smoke out of his nose, reminding her very much of a classical villianous dragon. And then he promised not to bite- exactly the way a hungry, devious dragon might. She almost tripped over her own feet at that one.

This is completely illogical. He's just a man doing his job. She thought as he moved around to the open trunk of his car.

"Got everything squared away alright?" He asked.

"Y-yessir!" she said reflexively, in a manner completely unfamiliar to her.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Mon 18 Aug 2008 - 15:51

OOC: I can never seem to remember that you don't actually do your job. Anyway I like the way Claes has caught on to my insidious plan to eat her. Awesome!

IC: "Good," Marcello said taking the girls bag, and placing it in the trunk. He closed the trunk door, and returned his attention to Claes. She looked nervous, and a little bit scared clutching the bear the way she was. I wonder if your handler ever had to put you at ease... There was a strange pang in his chest, and he found himself turning away from the girl.

"Why don't you grab a seat, we might be a while." Marcello said, as he looked around for Priscilla. Seeing nothing he took another drag from the cigarette as he opened the drivers door, and sank into the chair. "You eaten yet?" He asked.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Mon 18 Aug 2008 - 17:33

IC:
Against her will, Claes flinched when Marcello uttered the word 'eaten'

Stop it, Claes. He's not a damned dragon! ...why am I so out-of-sorts today? What have they been feeding me?

She looked up from her shoes, realizing that the man expected an answer.

"...not since breakfast..." She said quietly.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Mon 18 Aug 2008 - 23:36

IC: Marcello with his half closed eyes failed to notice the young girl flinch, as more smoke escaped from his mouth. "Oh," Marcello began, "Well I haven't eaten yet myself. So don't worry well we'll be eating soon. I was thinking of getting some fast food while on the road. Do you want anything in particular?"

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Tue 19 Aug 2008 - 1:28

IC:
"I... uh, fast... fast food? I've never... I mean I've read about it online, but I don't think I've ever eaten anywhere other than the dining hall..." Claes said, her eyes locked on the smoke escaping Marcello's mouth.

He catches me off guard every five seconds! C'mon Claes, pull yourself together!

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Tue 19 Aug 2008 - 11:56

"Eh, your not missing much." Marcello said, "Fast food is really only good for fattening you up. When your hungry though, you eat a lot of things you otherwise wouldn't."

Marcello let Claes words echo in his mind: 'I don't think I've ever...' Could be innocent enough. He glanced at the girl through the rear view mirror. I hope you appreciate how much of a puzzle you are.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Wed 20 Aug 2008 - 23:04

IC:
I swear, it's like he's trying to use every hungry monster cliché ever written... OOC: *winks at the camera*

Claes looked away from Marcello's reflection, and she began fussing with her seat belt.

Damn, this thing's uncomfortable...

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sat 23 Aug 2008 - 15:55

IC: Marcello tossed his cigarette butt out the open car door. Where the hell is Priscilla? He wondered as he pondered calling the woman.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 24 Aug 2008 - 2:50

OOC: Is that a hint? Razz

IC:
As if summoned by Marcello's thoughts, Priscilla appeared on the other side of the parking lot, running and carrying several bags. Spotting the car, she somehow managed to raise and arm and wave as she made her way over.

"Sorry I'm late," she panted, "I was just about here when I realised I'd left one of my bags in my room."

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Tue 26 Aug 2008 - 19:50

OOC:
this is probably another good spot for a timeskip forward... unless someone had something planned story-wise for this little trip.

IC:
Claes had just finished belting Napoleon into the space next to her when Priscilla arrived. Claes had never been comfortable around Priscilla, but she was certainly a step up from Mr. Monster-Cliché.

Pulling a small paperback out of her skirt pocket, Claes tuned out the world.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Wed 27 Aug 2008 - 14:00

OOC: That's up to Piero, but yes I support a time jump. I did forget about this one thing. We can still jump after this post though.

IC: "It's okay," Marcello replied, as he got out of his seat. He took some of the bags from Priscilla, and helped stow them in the trunk. In short order he was once again in the drivers seat, and Priscilla in the passenger seat. A glance in the rear view mirror revealed the stuffed bear buckled in. A faint smile touched the corners of Marcello's mouth for a moment.

"Well before we start this adventure, there is one last thing to square away," He announced turning in his seat to face Claes. "The best way to safeguard the truth is to give it a bodyguard of lies. To that end we're going to have to put on a little show for this trip. Priscilla will be playing the part of your mother. While I play the part of the new boyfriend. While you play the innocent daughter. Okay?"

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Wed 27 Aug 2008 - 15:16

IC:
It took a moment for Claes to realize she was being addressed.
Marcello wrote:"...of your mother. While I play the part of the new boyfriend. While you play the innocent daughter. Okay?"
"Uh-huh," she acknowledged, without looking up.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Wed 27 Aug 2008 - 17:01

IC: Marcello eyed Claes for a moment. He had half expected the girl to object in someway, but apparently she was more mature then that. That, or she was just too engrossed in her book. Not wishing to press the issue though, he started the car. "Right well here we go," he said as he started the car.

"Be careful not to get car sick," Marcello warned as they backed out.

OOC: Why am I still awake? The internet is awful for my sleep schedule.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 27 Aug 2008 - 19:36

Triela waved goodbye from the edge of the parking lot as the car pulled away, though she wasn't sure if Claes noticed her, seeing as how she had her nose burried in a book. Once the sedan had disappeared from sight, she turned and walked back towards the dormitories.

I wonder when I'll get to see her again, she wondered. Everyone seemed to be going their own seperate ways for the next couple weeks...

Guidebook in hand, Priscilla checked her watch as the car motored along.

"It's going to be rather late by the time we arrive," she remarked. "What's our first priority going to be?"

OOC: I can do another timeskip once we've used this to get an idea where we're taking this. Smile OOC comments can also be used here.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Wed 27 Aug 2008 - 20:18

IC:
Claes' vision began to swim and her stomach roiled a bit after a few minutes of reading.

What the..? Maybe this is what he meant by 'carsick'... I think it's motion sickness...

Marking her page, Claes closed the book and placed it back in her pocket.
Priscilla wrote:"It's going to be rather late by the time we arrive," she remarked. "What's our first priority going to be?"

"...Late? How far north are we going?" Claes asked, realizing she knew next to nothing about their mission.

OOC:
Claes: "..."

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 27 Aug 2008 - 23:58

OOC: I guess I'd better answer this.

IC:
"Not that far," Priscilla answered. "Leonardo Da Vinci International airport is actually in Fuimicio. But still, it'll take some time, and it's already well into the afternoon."

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 1:29

IC:
Claes lapsed into silence again, trying to remember her local geography... until she realized that all she knew about her current location was 'somewhere in the vicinity of Rome'. She gazed out the window, looking for street signs.

OOC:
Ready for a time-skip, here.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 11:47

IC: Marcello glanced over at Priscilla. "I was thinking we would grab a motel right off the bat. If we make good time we could try to set up surveillance. In the end though I think it would be easier thought to just get an early start tomorrow morning," He declared neutrally.

OOC: Ditto. Tomorrow morning sounds like a great place to go.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 12:01

Priscilla nodded.

"Right. Well, there is a nice little place that's quite close to our mark's business..."

OOC: Wil, if you want to write a time skip, you've got my permission. Thinking that might be better then me trying to write a timeskip as Priscilla or as a general overview, though I can try to do that if you'd prefer it that way.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 12:39

OOC: I'm more comfortable with a general over view time skip. If maybe you want to pause to let me throw something in there then that's cool too. [hey try hitting the chat box if you have time.]

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 13:22

The hotel that Priscilla had picked out was a small establishment some distance back from Fumicio's coastline. It's rooms were not particularly well appointed, but they were well maintained, and the price was good. It was also, Priscilla noted, known for having good food. Which made the fact that they'd grabbed dinner from a fast food restaurant along the way rather disappointing, but that was life sometimes.

After securing a room -a smoking room unfortunately, thanks to Marcello- Priscilla unpacked her things and began to get read for bed. They were going to want to get off to an early start tommorow, so there was no point in staying up late. Grinning, she gave Marcello -who had kindly volunteered to sleep on the couch so she could have a bed- a teasing "Good night, honey," then turned out the light. It wasn't long before she was asleep.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum