If you're a policy maker of SWA......

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

If you're a policy maker of SWA......

Post by emperor on Thu 4 Oct 2007 - 22:41

What policy you will make?:bball:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://on.fb.me/9tuZOK Facebook Page for Cyborg Central : Gunslinger Girl Forum cheers
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1637

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Registration date : 2007-09-09
Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Re: If you're a policy maker of SWA......

Post by LoC978 on Thu 4 Oct 2007 - 23:11

no basketball, for one.
*in a bad German accent*no soup, either!
*in a bad Russian accent*everyone live on potatoes! ...and vodka! ...which is made from potatoes!

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Fri 5 Oct 2007 - 2:11

Birth control is mandatory for all girlís it pertains to.

ďI donít hate him specifically, itís the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.Ē
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Fri 5 Oct 2007 - 9:48

Danjo3 wrote:Birth control is mandatory for all girlís it pertains to.

So what is your prefered method? Implants, patches, tie the tubes, or had out diaphragms/condoms like there candy?

As for policies I would issue:

1) Personal cell phones will be issued to all girls. Their handlers will be in the #1 speed dial. An agency emergency line will be on #2. Out going calls will only be possible to approved agency related numbers. The phone is tapped. Other then this the girls are free to do with it as they please.

2) All girls will receive custom fitted body armor, both a vest, and full body. There will be occasions where speed and durability will be more important then blending in. In cases like these, body armor will increase survivability, and cut down maintenance. Thus cost will be recouped through increased service life.

3) I've said it before I'll say it again. First aid training. The girls need to know how to keep people alive, till trained personnel get there. Whether it's a witness, a section two member, or even a handler, it's going to happen.

Strive for your next breath.† Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one.† Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

T-Minus 15.193792102158E+9 years until the universe closes!

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Fri 5 Oct 2007 - 10:44

Wileama wrote:

So what is your prefered method? Implants, patches, tie the tubes, or had out diaphragms/condoms like there candy?

As for policies I would issue:

1) Personal cell phones will be issued to all girls. Their handlers will be in the #1 speed dial. An agency emergency line will be on #2. Out going calls will only be possible to approved agency related numbers. The phone is tapped. Other then this the girls are free to do with it as they please.

2) All girls will receive custom fitted body armor, both a vest, and full body. There will be occasions where speed and durability will be more important then blending in. In cases like these, body armor will increase survivability, and cut down maintenance. Thus cost will be recouped through increased service life.

3) I've said it before I'll say it again. First aid training. The girls need to know how to keep people alive, till trained personnel get there. Whether it's a witness, a section two member, or even a handler, it's going to happen.

I agree 100% on these 3.
I'll add:

3a) ... saving another cyborg.

4) The right for handlers to refuse mission orders if they dont feel right with it. Killing the bad guys is one thing. Eliminating innocent family members and friends is another. Also- any potiential risk of killing an innocent while on a mission, should be eliminated.

5) Driver training to the cyborgs. In most 'loner cases' (like Lauro & Elsa), only a cyborg and handler are there on a mission with support personnel far away awaiting clean up. If the handler gets injured, the cyborg must be able to drive the handler to get some help.

6) Swimming. The cyborgs must be able to swim. The former life guard in me says that many people drown in just a couple feet of water because they do not know how to get out of a watery situation. I've seen it happen. With the cyborgs, even with their heavier bodies, should not be drowning when they fall into water. They should be able to swim out of the situation and save themselves.

7) (which is connected to 4) Handler must be more up front and caring of their cyborgs. This goes back to The Lauro/Elsa issue in Episode 9. If Lauro was more in touch with Elsa's needs, and more able to communcate with each other, either A- Elsa would be more calm and have done a good job in assassinating the police chief or B- willing to admit that she cant do it and handed the Jose and be more accepting of her failure. In this- if a cyborg can not do its job, then it should be allowed to end the mission and be more acceptive of the failure. The handler must be able to deal with this and not force a negative stigma unto the cyborg- but work with the cyborg so that future mission failures do not happen.
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sat 6 Oct 2007 - 1:37

Wileama wrote:
I think the girls are reliable enough to use standard birth contol pills. And any way, I once heard Triela comment that it's not just guy's who hate condoms.
Wileama wrote:2) All girls will receive custom fitted body armor, both a vest, and full body. There will be occasions where speed and durability will be more important then blending in. In cases like these, body armor will increase survivability, and cut down maintenance. Thus cost will be recouped through increased service life.
I've often thought about this very thing. It really makes good sense.

ďI donít hate him specifically, itís the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.Ē
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor on Sat 6 Oct 2007 - 2:32

I think the girls are reliable enough to use standard birth contol pills. And any way, I once heard Triela comment that it's not just guy's who hate condoms.

Interesting! Smile

http://on.fb.me/9tuZOK Facebook Page for Cyborg Central : Gunslinger Girl Forum cheers
emperor

Male

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sat 6 Oct 2007 - 7:58

Danjo3 wrote:I think the girls are reliable enough to use standard birth contol pills. And any way, I once heard Triela comment that it's not just guy's who hate condoms.

Where exactly did you hear Triela make a disparaging remark about condoms? Been reading some more Dojin?

Anyway the pill may protect against pregnancy, but it doesn't keep them clean. The last thing you need is a girl picking up crabs! Worse yet imagine a roommate getting crab due to proximity. Condoms may not be the same as going bare, but it's better then then the alternative.

WAIT! THE GIRLS HAVING SEX. INCORRECT!

ElfenMagix wrote:I agree 100% on these 3.
I'll add:

3a) ... saving another cyborg.

4) The right for handlers to refuse mission orders if they dont feel right with it. Killing the bad guys is one thing. Eliminating innocent family members and friends is another. Also- any potiential risk of killing an innocent while on a mission, should be eliminated.

5) Driver training to the cyborgs. In most 'loner cases' (like Lauro & Elsa), only a cyborg and handler are there on a mission with support personnel far away awaiting clean up. If the handler gets injured, the cyborg must be able to drive the handler to get some help.

6) Swimming. The cyborgs must be able to swim. The former life guard in me says that many people drown in just a couple feet of water because they do not know how to get out of a watery situation. I've seen it happen. With the cyborgs, even with their heavier bodies, should not be drowning when they fall into water. They should be able to swim out of the situation and save themselves.

7) (which is connected to 4) Handler must be more up front and caring of their cyborgs. This goes back to The Lauro/Elsa issue in Episode 9. If Lauro was more in touch with Elsa's needs, and more able to communcate with each other, either A- Elsa would be more calm and have done a good job in assassinating the police chief or B- willing to admit that she cant do it and handed the Jose and be more accepting of her failure. In this- if a cyborg can not do its job, then it should be allowed to end the mission and be more acceptive of the failure. The handler must be able to deal with this and not force a negative stigma unto the cyborg- but work with the cyborg so that future mission failures do not happen.

I agree with 5, and 6. Though Last think I want to see is some girl pulling some temple of doom shit. Where they tell their handler, and the pretty woman in back, 'no time for loving.' Just before slamming on the wood block tied to the gas pedal. Girls Henrietta size, won't be able to see over the dash board, and would be stopped within a block an a half. So I suggest a height minimum, for driving.

That being said, policy four, and seven. Four, and seven though kind of feel like naive dreams. Yes I realize that it's important that handlers show some love towards their cyborgs. However it's not something you can mandate. Besides this is an agency with one soul purpose. Assassinations. Their not going to be big on morals. Yes you should only take out your target. Try to work clean, it saves a lot of trouble. However look at Emilio. Yeah breaks my heart Rico had to kill him. However notice the word had to, he would have exposed the SWA. Kid < SWA, fuck if Rico had stumbled on a wedding party, she would have done the same thing. Maybe a bit more sloppy, but she would have.

Strive for your next breath.† Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one.† Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sat 6 Oct 2007 - 10:49

Wileama wrote:Where exactly did you hear Triela make a disparaging remark about condoms? Been reading some more Dojin?
Actually, I think itís what She and Claes were talking about while they were bathing. Triela was saying they suck, while Claes didnít care one way or the other - you know, just girl talk.
Wileama wrote:Anyway the pill may protect against pregnancy, but it doesn't keep them clean. The last thing you need is a girl picking up crabs! Worse yet imagine a roommate getting crab due to proximity. Condoms may not be the same as going bare, but it's better then then the alternative.
LOL. Ever get the feeling a topic is spiraling out of control.

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 6 Oct 2007 - 15:19

Wileama wrote:I agree with 5, and 6. Though Last think I want to see is some girl pulling some temple of doom shit. Where they tell their handler, and the pretty woman in back, 'no time for loving.' Just before slamming on the wood block tied to the gas pedal. Girls Henrietta size, won't be able to see over the dash board, and would be stopped within a block an a half. So I suggest a height minimum, for driving.

I can see Henrietta driving Jose's Porsche Boxer. I cant see her driving Lauro's Land Rover Discovery.
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sat 6 Oct 2007 - 15:47

Wileama wrote:WAIT! THE GIRLS HAVING SEX. INCORRECT!
even ignoring the complete wrongness of ten year olds having sex... I really don't see it happening. they simply don't have the level of freedom required to be alone with a young man long enough. If Triela is away from the agency, Hillshire isn't far from her... plus, deny it all she wants, Triela's completely infatuated with him. she'd give anyone else the cold shoulder.
Then there's Claes... she never leaves the compound after Raballo's death (sans that one time in volume 7 with 'Sandro and Petrushka).
Rico- Can you imagine what would happen to a guy who tried, just as soon as Jean got wind of it?
Henrietta- she might just kill him herself, as obsessed as she is with Giuseppe.
Angelica- spends almost all of her time in the hospital. I don't think Marco takes her anywhere unrelated to work. Though Priscilla does... I really don't think she'd allow for that sort of thing, though.
ElfenMagix wrote:I can see Henrietta driving Jose's Porsche Boxer.
depending on just how tall you think she is... if she's at least 4'6", I could see it (I know a woman a year older than me who's 4'6", and she drives a mid-60s Chevelle. She had to have a custom seat put into it)
... but if she's only about 4' tall, which is where I figure her to be... I don't think she could reach the pedals of the boxster even with the seat forward all the way.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 6 Oct 2007 - 19:58

Wileama wrote:That being said, policy four, and seven. Four, and seven though kind of feel like naive dreams. Yes I realize that it's important that handlers show some love towards their cyborgs. However it's not something you can mandate. Besides this is an agency with one soul purpose. Assassinations. Their not going to be big on morals. Yes you should only take out your target. Try to work clean, it saves a lot of trouble. However look at Emilio. Yeah breaks my heart Rico had to kill him. However notice the word had to, he would have exposed the SWA. Kid < SWA, fuck if Rico had stumbled on a wedding party, she would have done the same thing. Maybe a bit more sloppy, but she would have.

I would disagree but on one issue of experience.
In having 'partners' in some of the jobs that I have (life guard, police work, agency, even HIV/AIDs instructor), the importance of having a partner and not abusing that relationship, is very important to me. It is my life thay had in my hands, as I have theirs in mine. Very few handlers see this (Jose and Hillshire definately do). If that trust is broken, there are consequences to behold. This is what happen with Elsa and Lauro.
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor on Sat 6 Oct 2007 - 22:43

Rico- Can you imagine what would happen to a guy who tried, just as soon as Jean got wind of it?

May be it's Jean's way to show his care to his Tool?

:arrow:

emperor

Male

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 6 Oct 2007 - 23:18

emperor wrote:

EWW!!!
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sun 7 Oct 2007 - 0:43

emperor wrote:

Tha's jus' nashty.

... and the worst part is: she'd comply quite willingly. just one more thing you can do with a working body 🇳🇴

need a :vomit: emote...
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sun 7 Oct 2007 - 0:48

Danjo3 wrote:I think the girls are reliable enough to use standard birth contol pills. And any way, I once heard Triela comment that it's not just guy's who hate condoms.

Wileama wrote:WAIT! THE GIRLS HAVING SEX. INCORRECT!

Triela's talking like somebody who knows what she's at. Maybe there are male cyborg operatives on the base after all...
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 7 Oct 2007 - 1:10

Triela came from a child prostitution past. Who knows how long she's been in that situation before Hillshire and his friend found her?

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sun 7 Oct 2007 - 1:13

Your idea has merit, Elfen, but it hinges on just how much Triela remembers of said ordeal.
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 7 Oct 2007 - 1:22

Ricco knows of her past almost entirely.
Angie knows of her past up to the accident, until she started to lose her memory.

Why not Triela?

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sun 7 Oct 2007 - 1:53

As far as I can tell, Triela doesn't seem to remember all that much of her past, although she appears to have an general idea/inkling about her origins. She did reveal in Episode Four of the anime/Volume One of the manga that she knew of the Agency having picked her up in Amsterdam, and was able to correctly put two and two together when told about Mario Bossi's Amsterdam child-smuggling ring, but Volume Four of the manga depicts her unable to recall being rescued by Hillshire and Rachele, among other things.
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sun 7 Oct 2007 - 2:10

Danjo3 wrote:Actually, I think itís what She and Claes were talking about while they were bathing. Triela was saying they suck, while Claes didnít care one way or the other - you know, just girl talk.
Iím sure you are all aware of it, but that was just a joke. I donít see sex as being any part of the girls agency lifeís. Now Iím sure there are some of them who wish they could be intimate with their handlers, but I donít see any of the handlers doing that kind of thing.

Whoa! Hold the phone. I almost forgot about our buddy Sandro. Let me restate this Ė I donít see sex as being any part of most of the girls agency lifeís.

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 7 Oct 2007 - 2:13

Danjo3 wrote:Whoa! Hold the phone. I almost forgot about our buddy Sandro. Let me restate this Ė I donít see sex as being any part of most of the girls agency lifeís.

Evil Laughing :twisted: :affraid:
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sun 7 Oct 2007 - 5:15

Danjo3 wrote:Iím sure you are all aware of it, but that was just a joke. I donít see sex as being any part of the girls agency lifeís. Now Iím sure there are some of them who wish they could be intimate with their handlers, but I donít see any of the handlers doing that kind of thing.

When you mentioned it the first time I was fully aware. I dropped my response as a joke building off yours. Then a funny thing happened. My brain seemed to segment off this piece of information, and I started to seriously contemplate which would be better. :|

As for girls remembering their past, I always thought Rico, and Angelica where more the exception then the rule. Given what we see of Triela, Henrietta, and too a lesser extant the other girls.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sun 7 Oct 2007 - 5:44

Wileama wrote:When you mentioned it the first time I was fully aware. I dropped my response as a joke building off yours. Then a funny thing happened. My brain seemed to segment off this piece of information, and I started to seriously contemplate which would be better. :|
Actually, you made some very good points.

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sun 7 Oct 2007 - 5:51

Danjo3 wrote:Actually, you made some very good points.
That's the problem...
I took it form, 'ha ha funny', to 'no you have it all wrong.'

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz on Sun 7 Oct 2007 - 13:43

[quote="Wileama]Kid < SWA, fuck if Rico had stumbled on a wedding party, she would have done the same thing. Maybe a bit more sloppy, but she would have.[/quote]

All to the tune of Ballroom Blitz by Tia Carrere playing on her iPod.
Yes, I know the priginal is by a band called 'Sweet'.
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2561

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sun 7 Oct 2007 - 14:54

I went through my entire grade school career fantasizing about having sex with the hot teachers that I had and it was even worse in Jr. High. Looking back, If I'd found myself in the back seat of one of their cars - I would have wept tears of joy and thanked the lord on high. And guess what? I wasnít on conditioning drugs. Can you imagine what it would be like for a Gunslinger Girl-boy, whacked out on conditioning, having a hottie like Ferro as a big sister? She would be wondering why he was spending so much time in the bathroom.

Last edited by on Mon 8 Oct 2007 - 7:28; edited 1 time in total

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sun 7 Oct 2007 - 15:51

only one way to limit that hormonal drive (as I well know, mine started when I was 8 )... no testosterone. hafta bring back the age-old tradition of eunuch assassins.
poor kid...
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sun 7 Oct 2007 - 16:17

It was about 8 or 9 for me to my friend. Maybe this is reason that they donít have Gunslinger Girl-boys

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 7 Oct 2007 - 16:26

Danjo3 wrote:
It was about 8 or 9 for me to my friend. Maybe this is reason that they donít have Gunslinger Girl-boys
You too? I thought I was only freak who went through a double puberty period as a male!

Danjo3 wrote:
I went through my
entire grade school career fantasizing about having sex with the hot
teachers that I had and it was even worse in Jr. High. Looking back,
had If I'd found myself in the back seat of one of their cars - I would
have wept tears of joy and thanked the lord on high. And guess what? I
wasnít on conditioning drugs. Can you imagine what it would be like for
a Gunslinger Girl-boy, whacked out on conditioning, having a hottie
like Ferro as a big sister? She would be wondering why he was spending
so much time in the bathroom.
Ferro would have that poor boy so high up on conditioning drugs that NASA would have to replot shuttle trajectories just to go around him! He would also be no smarter than Melody from the 70's Josey & the Pussy Cats Cartoon!

Ferro (pointing): Just shoot already!
Gs-Boy (turning slowly to her): Uhhhh...
Ferro (angry): OH GIMME THAT!

*Starts blasting away at the weddings guests from above*
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sun 7 Oct 2007 - 17:14

Ferro : When your done shooting, make sure and get the bucket out and collect all your brass.
Gs-boy: Yes Maíam.
Ferro : And take all of the target frames back into the shed.
Gs-boy : Yes Maíam.
Ferro : And shave the pink elephants.
Gs-boy : Yes Maíam
Ferro : Jesus Christ! Gs-boy, stop looking at my titís and concentrate!

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sun 7 Oct 2007 - 17:18

Do the rules of puberty really apply for cyborgs anymore?

Male extra-normal junior operatives, by the way, I prefer to call 'Lifetaker Lads' (copyright Nachtsider).
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 7 Oct 2007 - 17:26

With Gs-Boy being a type 1 cyborg... we think we have problems with Henrietta? Sheesh... I cant go further in depth with a young cyborg boy in love...

(stealing from a Richard Prior Joke)
Ferro: Why did you kill everyone in the house, Gs-Boy?
Gs-Boy: 'cause they were home?

(stealing from Bugs Bunny)
Ferro: OK Gs-Boy. Today we are going to take a train...
*Gs-Boy looks at train tracks, then at Ferro and nods*

*Express Train roars by, skipping station. Gs-Boy jumps in front of train and holds on to its front fender- fingers clawing into the metal*

Gs-Boy: I CAUGHT THE TRAIN! I CAUGHT THE TRAIN ALL BY MYSELF! I REALLY DID!

*Ferro goes hide and calls Alfonso on the radio*
Ferro: It happened again.
Alfonso: Where is Gs-Boy headed to now?
Ferro: Gs-Boy was last seen holding on to the front of the transcontential express- heading north... just dont let Jean know about this... please?
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sun 7 Oct 2007 - 19:31

Nachtsider wrote:Male extra-normal junior operatives, by the way, I prefer to call 'Lifetaker Lads' (copyright Nachtsider).
Hey Nachtsider, whatís with this ďextra-normal junior operativeĒ stuff? Iíve hear you use it in the past like it was cannon. Now your using it again. Iím sorry, but Iíve never heard that in the manga or the anime. where did you get that?

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sun 7 Oct 2007 - 19:46

It's canon in my Mandarin-dubbed version of the anime, at least. There, they had everybody call our killer tots t'her t'ong chuin (literally 'enhanced child soldiers'). I modified the term a little, and use it a lot - mainly because I like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sun 7 Oct 2007 - 20:19

UmmÖ ok. I always just thought it was a very demeaning way to address the girls. You know, like going to some lame theme park and being giving junior shierif badges. I never considered the girls junior anything. Maybe Iím wrong on this, but Iíve always been under the impression theyíre on the same level as the handlers.

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sun 7 Oct 2007 - 20:24

but Iíve always been under the impression theyíre on the same level as the handlers.
eh? the way they're 'handled' has always reminded me of police K-9 units. a handler can easily get away with treating her no better than an attack dog.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sun 7 Oct 2007 - 20:29

come on now, you know they're more then that.

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 7 Oct 2007 - 20:34

Alas, different languages have different ways of saying the samething differently. Just because the its not on one (my English sutitled version) does not mean its on another (your Mandarin dubbed version). Viva La Difference!

I too view the girls as equal or almost equals to their handlers. Though the handler teach and guide the girls, it is the girls that are doing the dirty work.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sun 7 Oct 2007 - 20:42

Danjo3 wrote:come on now, you know they're more then that
only if they make themselves more than that in the eyes of their handler. even Elsa made an impression on Lauro by being intelligent enough to do his work for him. but if she hadn't tried so hard to please him... I don't think she'd have been treated as anything other than a living weapon. one could say she'd have been treated worse than a K-9 unit, since she'd be of no use in sniffing out bombs, drugs, etc. (which brings me to Beatrice, she's a total bomb-sniffing dog...)
ElfenMagix wrote:I too view the girls as equal or almost equals to their handlers. Though the handler teach and guide the girls, it is the girls that are doing the dirty work.
(in army-speak) That's like saying a buck Private is equal to a Sergeant First Class. Sure, they're both human... sure, they're both soldiers... but that's where equality ends.

Last edited by on Sun 7 Oct 2007 - 21:06; edited 1 time in total
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sun 7 Oct 2007 - 20:44

The Italian government has a huge investment in the girls. I would think their welfare would be a top priority

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 7 Oct 2007 - 20:47

Danjo3 wrote:
The Italian government has a huge investment in the girls. I would think their welfare would be a top priority
Agreed.
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sun 7 Oct 2007 - 20:50

Danjo3 wrote:I would think their welfare would be a top priority
it is. A K-9 unit isn't an expendable item, and (despite what many people seem to think) neither is a buck private. without them, the system doesn't work.
... but that doesn't mean they're treated well. only kept healthy, and perhaps given the illusion of making their own decisions. Aside from that, they're worked as close to their breaking point as their leaders dare to get.

**edit**
this is not to say that the handler cannot treat his ward as an equal... even see her as such. but that isn't policy within the Social Welfare Agency, it's merely an option. Jean sure as hell doesn't see Rico as an equal, yet they're a highly effective team. I'd dare to say Hillshire does see Triela as an equal, and they're also a highly effective team. That's what matters to the SWA: they're a highly effective team. whether the cyborg is treated as a partner, little sister, hunting dog, or private Snuffy is of no concern to them.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sun 7 Oct 2007 - 21:07

I seriously doubt the Italian government treats a multi-million dollar project the same way they would treat dogs.

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sun 7 Oct 2007 - 21:13

Danjo3 wrote:I seriously doubt the Italian government treats a multi-million dollar project the same way they would treat dogs.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but... you seem to think that K-9 units are expendable and treated horribly. this is quite untrue. they're treated as a valuable team member... just a very low ranking one who is incapable of making decisions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_dog
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sun 7 Oct 2007 - 21:27

Working at 911-WTC; the dogs there got excellent treatment, although they had to go into places their masters could not.
Thats a given, of course.

ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sun 7 Oct 2007 - 21:29

Dogs are sent in to keep people from getting killed. Iím sorry if youíre an SCPA type guy, but the fact of the mater is - dogs are fodder, plain and simple. They save human lives.

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sun 7 Oct 2007 - 21:35

Danjo3 wrote:Dogs are sent in to keep people from getting killed.
this is true. they're also sent in because they can run faster and further than a human, and because they can detect scents a human can't.
Danjo3 wrote:dogs are fodder, plain and simple.
Given the choice between losing a dog and losing a human officer, any agency would rather lose the dog. But that doesn't mean they're just 'cannon fodder'. They're another weapon, and they're maintained with much more care than most weapons.
Danjo3 wrote: Iím sorry if youíre an SCPA type guy
have I ever seemed like a bleedingheart liberal or a money-grubbing conservative to you?
because those are two groups I hold in the highest echelons of contempt.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sun 7 Oct 2007 - 22:13

My opinion is that no matter how valuable the Agency realizes its hit-kids to be and regardless of whether individual supervisors and other personnel try to treat their protegees as humanely as possible, the children will still be officially regarded as experiments and weapons of war first, and human beings second. As LoC pointed out, the way the Agency brass maintains their cyborgs is pretty much akin to the way military outfits care for their most expensive and hi-tech armaments.

I think the last word on the matter rests with the surgeon who operated on Triela in Volume Four of the manga - his reference to her as a 'thing' is very telling, if you ask me.
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sun 7 Oct 2007 - 22:51

Nachtsider wrote:
I think the last word on the matter rests with the surgeon who operated on Triela in Volume Four of the manga - his reference to her as a 'thing' is very telling, if you ask me.
In the English vision the surgeon called Triela ďitĒ. In the two other versions I have (French and German) he called her, ďherĒ and "she". Maybe this is just another ADV fuck up.

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum