Change in Plans (Rome RPG Thread Seven)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Change in Plans (Rome RPG Thread Seven)

Post by Piero on Sat 31 May 2008 - 16:28

"Good morning Mr. Giordani," Lorenzo greeted Piero as he walked into the meeting room, the same one that had been used for the briefing four days before. "Please take a seat," he continued, motioning towards the side of the table where Hillshire and Bernardo were already seated.

Piero did so, and Lorenzo nodded his head, as Piero's addition to the group -which consisted of himself, Hillshire, Bernardo, Lorenzo, Jean, and Ferro- made it complete.

The SWA's commander raised his voice.

"Once again, I'm sorry to draw you away from the business at hand. However, new developments have required that I make some changes to your assignments. If you would open your folders, please."

Lorenzo waited as the three handler's did so.

"I'm sure you all know Mr. De Luca. He's a key figure in the political arena. Who you may not know is the girl pictured in your files. She's his daughter, Carita De Luca."

The picture in the file showed a young, brown haired girl, perhaps about twelve or thirteen years of age.

"Two days ago, an attempt was made to kidnap Ms. De Luca, probably in an attempt to gain leverage on her father during an upcoming vote in Parliament. It failed, but naturally Mr. De Luca is very concerned about his daughter's safety. If you will turn to the next page please."

Lorenzo paused for a moment as the handler's flipped the pages in their files, then continued.

"The villa you see here belongs to a friend of Mr. De Luca. He intends to temporarily send his daughter into hiding there. He hopes that doing so will make it impossible for the would be kidnappers -believed to be Padania terrorists- to locate her. However, he would like some insurance. And that's where we come in."

Lorenzo focused on Hillshire and Bernardo.

"Mr. Garibaldi, Mr. Hartmann, I'm afraid we're going to have to pull your cyborgs from their upcoming training stint with the GIS. We're short on manpower at the moment, and we also feel that your cyborgs are among the best suited to a mission of this type."

Lorenzo turned his attention the three handlers as a whole.

"Are there any questions so far?"

Last edited by Piero on Mon 22 Feb 2010 - 22:33; edited 1 time in total

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Change in Plans (Rome RPG Thread Seven)

Post by KodokuRyuu on Sat 31 May 2008 - 16:50

"Where exactly is this villa?" Bernardo asked. "And how long will we be staying there?"
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Forum Posts : 1237

Fan of : Triela, Beatrice, Silvia

Original Characters : Hulkshire, Yu Aida, Berny & Bea

Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 31 May 2008 - 19:06

Lorenzo gave Bernardo a look that was not happy.

"The first part is in the folder you were given -it's near Fossacesia, in the Abruzzo region. As for the second, that will be dependent on a variety of factors. Hopefully no longer then two weeks, but it will dependent on how things develop."

Last edited by Piero on Wed 4 Jun 2008 - 3:09; edited 1 time in total

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Sun 1 Jun 2008 - 12:40

Hilshire scanned through the folder. "Will there be anyone else at the villa besides Ms. De Luca and us Fratello?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

"What do you mean 'What the hell is a Funyarinpa?' You mean... you don't know?"
"How the hell would I know?"
"How could you not know?! That's... that's practically blasphemous! Say you're sorry! Apologize to the Funyarinpa! Goodness, you are such a rude woman..."
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Forum Posts : 653

Fan of : Stuff

Original Characters : Adrianna, Nero, Abigail, and now Luca

Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sun 1 Jun 2008 - 23:52

It was Ferro who shook her head this time.

"No, thankfully. The villa usually only has a caretaker, but Mr. De Luca's friend managed to get him to take a vacation."

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Tue 3 Jun 2008 - 12:42

"Well that makes things a lot more simple," Hilshire replied. "What do we know about this friend of Mr. De Luca's, the one who owns the villa?"

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

"How could you not know?! That's... that's practically blasphemous! Say you're sorry! Apologize to the Funyarinpa! Goodness, you are such a rude woman..."
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Tue 3 Jun 2008 - 19:22

Bernardo was no longer listening to the conversation; he was lost in thought about the upcoming mission: "Hmm... Fossacesia is on the coast... Abruzzo has good beaches I hear. That means there will probably be babes... in swimsuits..."

Last edited by KodokuRyuu on Thu 5 Jun 2008 - 3:35; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : City changed)
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 4 Jun 2008 - 0:46

OOC: Quick note to Probit: changed the town the villa is near to Fossacesia.

Probit Return wrote:"Well that makes things a lot more simple," Hilshire replied. "What do we know about this friend of Mr. De Luca's, the one who owns the villa?"

"The villa's owner is Mr. Flamini, a small time industrialist. He's a
Northerner, but so is Mr. De Luca himself. Nothing untoward came up in
our background checks, so we think he's clean."

Piero had been sporting a perplexed expression for some time now, and as Lorenzo finished speaking he finally raised his concern.

"Sir, why are Diana and I on this mission? She's still in training right now."

"Good question. The answers is that it's not actually Diana we want on this mission, but you. We're short on manpower at the moment, and you're trained for both VIP protection and evasive driving. Those are skills we desperately need."

Piero nodded.

"And Diana?"

"You have two days to get her ready for this mission. By that point she should at least be able to keep herself from causing trouble for the others. Or, if you wish, we can send her with the other cyborgs when they go for training with the GIS. They ought to be able to assist her with basic training procedures."

Piero frowned. He had great respect for his old comrades in the GIS, but he didn't really want them to be taking over when it came to training Diana. He wanted to deal with that matter personally. Besides, there were certain things he hadn't told Diana that he didn't particularly want her learning about second hand.

"If it's all right with you sir, I'd like to keep her with me."

Lorenzo nodded.

"Very well. Are there any further questions?"

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 6 Jun 2008 - 4:09

Seeing that there were no further questions at that point, Lorenzo moved on.

"Your mission will begin in two days time. Ms. De Luca will be delivered to use at a pre-arranged meeting site, where she will be transferred to our custody. The car that was carrying her will head down South to act as a decoy while you transport her to Fossacesia. The agency motorpool is providing you with an armoured car for this purpose. You will use that car to transport Ms. De Luca while another vehicle, probably one of your own, rides rear guard. We expect a copy of your primary and back up routes to be delivered to me before you leave. Once you are in Fossacesia, you will remain there until you receive further orders or feel that Ms De Luca's safety is threatened in a manner that requires you to take immediate action."

Lorenzo put his hands together and leaned forward.

"I should note gentleman that while Fossacesia puts Ms. De Luca far away from Rome, it also puts you beyond the range that we can rapidly deploy reinforcements to assist you. We will be providing you with a list of contacts you can use if you run into trouble, but we don't know how reliable local law enforcement will be. Thus, you must be on your guard."

Having finished emphasizing the gravity of the situation, Lorenzo sat back up.

"Anyhow, if there are no further questions, I will leave you three to your preparations."

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Sun 8 Jun 2008 - 20:56

OOC: After a good half an hour, maybe more, this was the only thing I could think of to involve others.

IC: At his dismissal, Hilshire stood up and made his way to the door. Along the way he spotted Piero. I know he's been training her, he thought, but two days isn't enough to get her completely ready for a mission like this.

"Piero," he called out to the man, "Two days isn't very long to train your cyborg. If you'd like, I could give you a few pointers." He sent a glance to Bernardo. "I'm sure the other handlers would be willing to help out too."

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Mon 9 Jun 2008 - 0:10

OOC: Actually, I'd kind of figured they'd be hanging around the meeting room some more to work out some of the logistics and planning for their mission. You know, what gear to bring, who's going to drive, all those other little details?

IC:

Piero nodded.

"Diana's actually coming along pretty well with her training, but I wouldn't mind a few tips. Maybe we could talk a little bit once we're done here?"

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Tue 10 Jun 2008 - 11:40

Hilshire nodded. "Sounds good."

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 11 Jun 2008 - 0:28

Piero leafed through a few pages in his folder.

"I think the first order of business is to figure out what each of our fratello's is capable of doing. Do either of you have previous experience with VIP protection of evasive driving, particularly with regards to armoured cars?"

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Wed 11 Jun 2008 - 0:40

"Hm? What?" Bernardo stammered, his eyes coming to focus. He slurped up the drool that was now running down his chin.

"I do. I've used armored cars before and know how to drive... evasively." he responded with a strange gleam in his eyes.

"I've never messed anyone as important as a VIP though." he finished.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 11 Jun 2008 - 21:48

Piero gave Bernardo a funny look, then turned his attention to Hillshire.

"And you?" he asked.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Fri 13 Jun 2008 - 16:01

OOC: We've got some bad flooding around here and it's supposed to get worse in the coming days, so I may not be able to get any internet for a while. I just thought I'd let everyone know.

IC: "I've done some VIP protection before. Triela and I helped to bring Mario Bossi in to testify, and we protected his daughter during the trial." He conviniently left out the fact that Mario had gotten away, and Mimi was as much trouble as her father was. "I've never been one for evasive driving though," he replied.

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 13 Jun 2008 - 21:06

OOC: Hope things go well for you over there, Probit.

IC:
Piero looked at his two companions.

"Neither of you have any formal VIP protection trainiing then?" he asked.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Fri 13 Jun 2008 - 21:42

"You just keep 'em from getting killed, right? How hard can it be?" Bernardo was always one to look on the bright side of things - even when it meant oversimplifying a delicate situation.

"Once we get there, I know my Bice can take care of any problems we have. So that means the hardest part is getting the kid to the villa and I can handle that no prob." Bernardo continued, patting Piero on the shoulder.

"Don't worry so much, everything will be fine." Bernardo assured the relatively new handler.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Tue 17 Jun 2008 - 13:19

Hilshire sighed. "While I think Bernardo is thinking a little too lightly of the situation, I've been involved in similar situations. You can rely on Triela and I to keep Ms. De Luca safe." He turned his attention to Bernardo. "You really should take this more seriously Bernardo. We need to be prepared for anything."

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Fri 20 Jun 2008 - 23:21

"I'm taking this seriously." Bernardo said with his hands out to his sides, palms facing forward innocently. "I just don't think you need to worry so much. Besides, after this, Bice and I will have experience guarding VIPs." he reassured.

"Look, let's just figure out what we need for this mission and get on with it. I hate long planning sessions - that's why I left the army. I prefer to just be prepared and go with the flow." he continued.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 20 Jun 2008 - 23:49

OOC: Going to try to let this run a little longer, but I may wrap it up and/or start a new thread soon. Not sure you guys really want to try to work details like what routes they're taking out in too much detail...

IC:
"I'm not keen on taking any longer with this then we need to either," Piero noted. "We have a lot to do before this mission starts. Nevertheless, there are a lot of things we need to work out -routes, alternate routes, assigned tasks, equipment load outs, on site security systems, supplementary training... even a small operation like this one requires a lot of careful planning."

He glanced at the picture of a large silver Mercedes that graced one of the pages in his folder.

"First order of business is figuring out transport. We're being provided with an armoured car with which to transport our VIP -a 2005 Mercedes S Guard, very fast and well armoured, but also big and heavy."

He looked over at Bernardo.

"You said you'd driven armoured cars before. Were they light models or heavy models? Because there's a big difference in terms of handling characteristics. The lightly armoured models handle a lot like regular cars, but the heavily armoured ones like this S Guard take a bit more getting used to."

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Sat 21 Jun 2008 - 0:18

"Mostly heavy ones - I just don't like light armor. It's all or nothing for me." Bernardo replied.

"As for the route, why don't we just take the autostrade?" he suggested. "A24 to A25 to A14 should work I think. Fossacesia is on the coast, right? Anyway, they're definitely the fastest way to get anywhere and making a scene on one wouldn't be the brightest idea, so I don't think we'd get much trouble." Bernardo continued.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 21 Jun 2008 - 0:29

Piero nodded his head.

"You're right on that account, though we'd better have some alternate routes worked out in case something goes wrong. Anyhow, sounds like you have the most experience with heavily armoured vehicles out of the three of us, so I think you should be the primary driver for the Mercedes, while I'll ride rearguard with my BMW -it's only got handgun level ballistic protection, but that's better then nothing, and it's very agile. Does that work for the two of you?"

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return on Sat 21 Jun 2008 - 12:28

Hillshire nodded. "Sounds fine."

Did you say "Nerd"?

Fission Mailed

Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu on Sun 29 Jun 2008 - 0:37

"Well, now that we've got that worked out, it's getting close to lunchtime and I want to hit the gym first, so I'll be seeing you guys." Bernardo said as he headed for the door.
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 2 Jul 2008 - 4:00

Piero blinked and looked at his watch. He hadn't realised it was so late -he'd gotten very absorbed in the mission planning.

"Right. I should probably go make arrangements for Diana as well so that she isn't sitting around doing nothing."

OOC: Been thinking maybe they should arrange a time to meet back, but Piero's the newcomer, so I'm wondering if maybe Hillshire, who has been there longer, can take the initiative to do that.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum