Enter the Players (Rome RPG Thread 9)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Enter the Players (Rome RPG Thread 9)

Post by Sheo Darren on Mon 29 Sep 2008 - 2:26

OOC: Sorry for the late reply. Was extremely depressed for the past two weeks.

I think the Colonel and co already have a fair idea of what the girls can do from their training up Triela. So we can skip that part and proceed to wherever you feel is best for storytelling purposes.

Sheo Darren

Forum Posts : 389

Registration date : 2008-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 1 Oct 2008 - 15:40

With the formalities over, the assembled GIS operators crisply broke ranks and hurried off, ushering their guests along as they did so. It was time to get started.

Piero

Forum Posts : 2617

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 1 Oct 2008 - 16:03

Some time later...

The training area of the GIS camp was strangely quiet in the aftermath of the girl's demonstration of their capabilities. On a pair of supply tables, the guns whose noise had filled the air sat in neat arrangements, ready to be taken down and cleaned once their mistresses were finished for the day.

Rico, Henrietta, and Angelica had managed to make a strong first impression on their GIS hosts. Angelica's accuracy and Rico's handling of her MG-42/59 in particular had been quite impressive. Overall, and in combination with their previous experiences with Triela, this demonstration gave the GIS operators very high expectations for their guests. Perhaps a little too high.

"Well, that gives us an idea of what to expect from them," Major Salles informed the handlers as observed the girls and his subordinates from the edge of the training area. "It should be enough to draft a good training plan. If none of you have any objections, I'll have Sergeant Ricci and his squad work with your girls on some unarmed combat training while we get down to business on that."

Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Wed 1 Oct 2008 - 22:01

That sounds good, Giuseppe thought. He glanced at Henrietta, the girl currently in a tee shirt and short pants.

"Put your gun away, Henrietta. It's time for your unarmed combat training."

"Yes, Giuseppe."

Sheo Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Angiegarde on Tue 7 Oct 2008 - 16:05

"Angelica. It's time for unarmed combat training. Please put your gun away." said Marco.

"Understood Marco." said Angelica

For Marco's part, he had been hoping to have Angelica's unarmed combat skills improve ever since he first heard about the Pandanian agent (Pinochio) that had bested Triela in combat. "I don't want Angelica to be in a situation like that where she's at the mercy of any Pandanian so she needs this...".

Meanwhile, Angelica had been anxious to engage in unarmed combat training. While she prefered using guns in combat, Angelica realized that certain situations required unarmed combat. "I want to be able to feel at least a bit comfortable in every situation because I don't want a repeat of what happened in Milan when I didn't have my gun." Shuddering slightly at that bad memory while putting her gun away, Angelica then stood at attention for further orders while wondering how she'll fare in unarmed combat against Henrietta or Rico.

(OOC: I can imagine Angelica wanting to improve her unarmed combat skills so she won't feel uncomfortable like in volume 3 of the manga when she didn't have her gun on her for a time. As for Marco, it's likely that after hearing about the Pinochio incident involving Triela, he'd likely want to ensure that Angelica would be able to handle herself better in unarmed combat.)

Angiegarde

Forum Posts : 133

Registration date : 2008-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Tue 7 Oct 2008 - 22:33

Unarmed now, Henrietta waited for instruction on what to do next. Her brown eyes scanned the instructor tasked to handle her.

Sheo Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 8 Oct 2008 - 17:04

Major Salles nodded to the handler.

"If you'll follow me."

The GIS' second in command walked off towards the administrative part of the base, with the SWA handlers close behind. That left the Angelica, Henrietta, and Rico with Sergeant Ricci and his men. The Sergeant pointed to Henrietta.

"We'll start with you. Your name is Henrietta, right? You'll be going up against Antonio."

A lean looking GIS operator stepped forward from among the members of Sergeant Ricci's squad.

"We're going to have you attack first this round. Begin whenever you're ready."

OOC: Guys, I should probably note her that I have a plan for this scene. Basically, I wanted to generate some conflict between the GIS and SWA personnel, and I figured a good way to do that would be to have them treat Henrietta and Angelica the way they did the only other cyborg the GIS has ever trained -namely Triela. Jean probably wouldn't care, but I'm not sure Marco or Giuseppe would appreciate their charges being treated that roughly.

Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Thu 9 Oct 2008 - 1:33

(OOC: Roger. So, is it up to us to portray the fights, or do I, say, narrate what Etta does, then you reply for Antonio, then I reply, etc?)

Henrietta took her place before the man named Antonio. She glanced at Giuseppe before focusing on her opponent.

I'm going to attack, then.

He's not an enemy. He's not threatening Giuseppe.

But I have to do well for Giuseppe.

Her eyes narrowed. She sprinted forward, burning through the distance between her and Antonio like a wildfire, her right fist snapping out to plant itself into her opponet's gut, a non-lethal but incapacitating move.

Sheo Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 11 Oct 2008 - 1:57

Antonio reacted quickly to Henrietta's charge, moving to the side of the onrushing cyborg and lashing out with a vicious elbow strike meant to catch her from behind. As he did so, he analysed the situation with the mind of an experienced fighter.

I'm reacting too quickly. She's fast, but I still have leeway. Wait until she's about to strike before countering.

Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Sat 11 Oct 2008 - 8:53

The elbow would have seriously hurt people. Henrietta didn't even notice it rebound off her back. She twisted around like a snake to go for a backfist to Antonio's lower torso using her left hand.
Sheo Darren

Male

Fan of : Mami Tomoe

Original Characters : Rolito, Giuseppe, Elena; Julia, Peppina; Jess, Masakari

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 11 Oct 2008 - 19:11

Antonio barely managed to dodge Henrietta's second attack, but was quick to reply with a punch and a sweeping kick towards her legs.

She's small and fast. Keep her at a distance. You won't be able to fend her off if she gets too close.

Piero

Male

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by Angiegarde on Sat 11 Oct 2008 - 22:59

Carefully observing Henrietta and Antonio fight, Angelica nervously wondered how she'd do in her fight.

"I gotta make sure that I do well in this fight while not seriously injuring my sparring partner." Angelica thought to herself "I should probably avoid a frontal attack and try to go for his legs.".

Meanwhile, Marco watched the fight and wondered not just how well Angelica would do in her fight but how harsh the GIS trainers would be to her. "They'd better not seriously injure her or they'll be hell to pay....." Marco thought to himself.

(OOC: I can't wait for my turn to have Angie fight. As for her planned methods of attack, Angelica's just trying to figure out the best way to disable her opponent without seriously injuring him. I apologize if Marco saying the word hell upset anyone but having him say "heck" or "they'll have to answer to me" didn't seem as effective in showing his feelings."
Angiegarde

Male

Forum Posts : 133

Fan of : anime

Original Characters : Clarissa

Registration date : 2008-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Sun 12 Oct 2008 - 7:48

The punch to her cheek didn't even faze Henrietta. Rico had taken a bullet to her forehead and gone on fighting despite the resulting minor concussion.

But Giuseppe startled at the blow to his ward's face. He actually took a step forward out of reflex, his protective instincts provoked.

Etta sensed her handler's brief moment of fear. She glanced at him-

Giuseppe...

-and then lost her footing courtesy Antonio's leg sweep.

"Henrietta!"

The girl was on her back and suddenly confused. W-what? Giuseppe?
Sheo Darren

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 14 Oct 2008 - 0:00

Antonio stepped back from the fallen Henrietta, but his body language indicated that he was still ready for combat. He was apparently just waiting for her to retake her feet.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Tue 14 Oct 2008 - 0:07

Shaken by her handler's worry, Henrietta slowly got back on her feet to face Antonio.

Meanwhile, Giuseppe was tighter than a coiled spring. Henrietta...
Sheo Darren

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 14 Oct 2008 - 0:10

This time, Antonio attacked first -and fast. He might not be about to strike her after knocking her down, but he definitely wasn't going to let her let her guard down either.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Tue 14 Oct 2008 - 23:40

Henrietta fell back on the defensive. She couldn't focus, not with Giuseppe looking like he was about to jump into the melee himself. All she could do was dodge and parry, her legs pumping to keep her moving, arms blurs.
Sheo Darren

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 15 Oct 2008 - 22:01

Despite the pressure Henrietta's speed put him under, Antonio still had the presence of mind to be able to analyse Henrietta's moves and watch for openings. When one presented itself, he took it, sending a short but powerful strike towards the cyborg's stomach region.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Wed 15 Oct 2008 - 22:38

Henrietta staggered back. As usual, the blow didn't really hurt, but the psychological impact more than made up for it.

Giuseppe had enough. "Sir, please stop this match."
Sheo Darren

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 16 Oct 2008 - 22:18

Sergeant Ricci raised his hand.

"Hold," he ordered Antonio before turning his attention to Jose.

"Is there a problem?" he asked calmly. It was apparent that he didn't see much cause for concern in spite of his deference to his guest's request.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Thu 16 Oct 2008 - 23:58

"Just one moment, Sergeant. Excuse me." Giuseppe made his way to Henrietta with an encouraging smile.

"Giuseppe?"

"It's all right. Just do your best."

"... y-yes... I will..."

Still unnerved, but now taking heart from Giuseppe's encouragement, Henrietta took up a fighting pose again. I just have to do my best...
Sheo Darren

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 18 Oct 2008 - 1:46

"You don't have time to stop like that in a real battle," Sergeant Ricci commented as he signalled Antonio to start again.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Sun 19 Oct 2008 - 23:51

"I know," Giuseppe muttered. "But... that can wait for later..."

Having gathered herself anew through Giuseppe's words, Henrietta decided to go defensive this time, waiting for Antonio to make a move.
Sheo Darren

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Mon 20 Oct 2008 - 0:15

Antonio was fast for his size, and moved aggressively. At first he seemed to be charging Henrietta head on, but at the last second he sidestepped to the right and struck from there, aiming a powerful punch at her head as he rotated his body to keep it oriented towards his target.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Mon 20 Oct 2008 - 22:10

Henrietta had expected an attack from the front. Still, she was fast enough to react in time, parrying Antonio's punch aside. Since her arms were just too short to compare, she instead kicked at the nearer of Antonio's legs.
Sheo Darren

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 21 Oct 2008 - 22:35

Even before Henrietta had parried his first blow, Antonio had launched a second, this one aimed at her gut. At approximately the same time, Henrietta's kick connected with his leg, which made him wince and gasp in pain, but which barely caused him to falter at all in the course of his attack. He was too experienced a fighter to loose his game easily.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Wed 22 Oct 2008 - 10:52

Antonio's fist rebounded off Henrietta's chest. That and her leg still extended into the kick unbalanced her sharply. The girl staggered back, unhurt but vulnerable.

Again Giuseppe was poised to react protectively, just holding himself in the nick of time. He thought of Triela going through this same ordeal, and of Hilshire who put her through it.

How could he have stomached it? How could he have allowed this to happen to Triela?

Why am I allowing this?
Sheo Darren

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 22 Oct 2008 - 15:23

OOC: Jose about to get mad?

IC:

Seeing a vulnerability in his opponent's defenses, Antonio pressed his attack, striking out with a powerful kick as Henrietta fought to reclaim her balance. He had no intention of giving her an opening in which to recover.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Thu 23 Oct 2008 - 5:22

OOC: Almost.

============================================================

IC: Henrietta grunted as she got laid on her back again. She began to get up.
Sheo Darren

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 23 Oct 2008 - 19:26

Antonio once again stepped back while his opponent was down, but attacked again almost immediately once she was back on her feet, without giving her much time to recover.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum