Two extra episodes?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Two extra episodes?

Post by West Nile on Fri 1 Aug 2008 - 5:41

@Danjo3 wrote:Whatís the big deal? I think those suits are pretty
conservative compared to what a lot of girls are wearing these days.

Sheesh, I think some of you need to get out a little more.

@Triela wrote:One
up side I can think of is that hen they go to the beach I can see Jose
shirtless.
I think Triela (GSG Triela, that is Very Happy) is the only girl to see her handler shirtless so farÖ but Iím sure she wishes it had been under different circumstances.

Well in that case i have something to look forward to as well, The look
on Henrietta's face when she sees Joze shirtless :lollol:

Joze: Henrietta, the beach is that way...

West Nile
WestNilepedia

Forum Posts : 1747

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Fri 1 Aug 2008 - 10:02

@Danjo3 wrote:
@Ggultra2764 wrote:But, this seems like eye candy for the lolicon crowds. Holier-than-thou
If thatís the way you feel, then you should steer clear of any place that has water and little girls who swim in it.

Lolicon huh? Ya know, new members usually wait a least a week before they resort to name calling. Laughing

Guess I have a lot of nerve then. :smiley:

Though considering the OAV provides depth on Giuseppe and Jean's connection to Enrica, I'll have no choice but to see it anyway. I'll just have to risk swimming the pool of lolicons. They could have at least given Henrietta a one-piece instead of a bikini.

Ggultra2764

Forum Posts : 590

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Kougeru on Fri 1 Aug 2008 - 16:35

Seems like a lot of people on this site don't realize that MOST girls around these ages DO wear bikini's now days. Don't blame the anime,manga, OAV or creator..blame humanity...it seems like it's going back to the time when we married at 12 and died at 45.

Kougeru

Forum Posts : 51

Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Fri 1 Aug 2008 - 16:39

But a Bikini at Henrietta's age? She's not developed at all. They just want to stick some fanservice in because that's how all anime seem to have now a days. Besides it doesn't fit with the air that is Gunslinger Girl... well lets face it, all of Il Teatrino (save last episode) is an abomination.

Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Forum Posts : 2723

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Fri 1 Aug 2008 - 16:47

@Triela wrote:But a Bikini at Henrietta's age? She's not developed at all. They just want to stick some fanservice in because that's how all anime seem to have now a days. Besides it doesn't fit with the air that is Gunslinger Girl... well lets face it, all of Il Teatrino (save last episode) is an abomination.

I did enjoy the plot and music to Il Teatrino, so it wasn't a complete abomination to me. The visuals were the only thing that hampered some of my enjoyment.

But yes, the bathing suits feel out of place for a series like GSG.

Ggultra2764

Back to top Go down

Post by Kougeru on Fri 1 Aug 2008 - 18:19

@Triela wrote:But a Bikini at Henrietta's age? She's not developed at all. They just want to stick some fanservice in because that's how all anime seem to have now a days. Besides it doesn't fit with the air that is Gunslinger Girl... well lets face it, all of Il Teatrino (save last episode) is an abomination.
I Il Teatrino was pretty close to the manga, only thing I saw wrong with it was the animation and some voices. Either way, in today's world girls as young as 5 year bikini's now days, and almost every girl I knew when I was 10-13 wore bikinis..no matter how undeveloped they were. It's not unrealistic to imagine Henrietta wearing one. Beside's that, Yu Aida was pretty much in full charge of Il Teatrino, he can do w/e he wants with his work.

Kougeru

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Fri 1 Aug 2008 - 20:28

Dont know abou the rest of the world, but here in the USA, prepubesent girls do wear bikinis, if anything, to look cute and girlie. Having been a lifeguard for every summer since I was 14, I have seen styles come and go, but young girls wearing bikinis is something that has been around for as long as I can remember.

Personally, I dont find anything wrong with it, as long as it is in good taste.

ElfenMagix

Forum Posts : 5676

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kougeru on Fri 1 Aug 2008 - 22:47

@ElfenMagix wrote:
Dont know abou the rest of the world, but here in the USA, prepubesent girls do wear bikinis, if anything, to look cute and girlie. Having been a lifeguard for every summer since I was 14, I have seen styles come and go, but young girls wearing bikinis is something that has been around for as long as I can remember.

As in, not a thong-bikini thing? lol..sadly..I've seen those on girls as young as 11ish

Kougeru

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Fri 1 Aug 2008 - 22:57

I've only recently seen them.
What kind of parent would allow that on their child?

ElfenMagix

Forum Posts : 5676

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Fri 1 Aug 2008 - 23:31

@ElfenMagix wrote:I've only recently seen them.
What kind of parent would allow that on their child?

Those who are either liberal or just ignorant in caring for their kids.
Ggultra2764

Male

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : n/a

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sat 2 Aug 2008 - 1:36

@ElfenMagix wrote:Dont know abou the rest of the world, but here in the USA, prepubesent girls do wear bikinis, if anything, to look cute and girlie. Having been a lifeguard for every summer since I was 14, I have seen styles come and go, but young girls wearing bikinis is something that has been around for as long as I can remember.
Thatís exactly what Iíve been trying to say. On the few occasions my girlfriend and I have gone to the pool this summer, all of the girls in that age bracket were wearing swimwear similar to that Ė and we live in Kansas for Christís sake. You donít get much more conservative then folks in my neck of the woods.

If it had been anyone else in those suits, nobody would have cared or even noticed. I think itís the fact that itís Henrietta and Rico that has some people shook up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ďI donít hate him specifically, itís the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.Ē
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Kougeru on Sat 2 Aug 2008 - 3:06

@Danjo3 wrote:
@ElfenMagix wrote:Dont know abou the rest of the world, but here in the USA, prepubesent girls do wear bikinis, if anything, to look cute and girlie. Having been a lifeguard for every summer since I was 14, I have seen styles come and go, but young girls wearing bikinis is something that has been around for as long as I can remember.
Thatís exactly what Iíve been trying to say. On the few occasions my girlfriend and I have gone to the pool this summer, all of the girls in that age bracket were wearing swimwear similar to that Ė and we live in Kansas for Christís sake. You donít get much more conservative then folks in my neck of the woods.

If it had been anyone else in those suits, nobody would have cared or even noticed. I think itís the fact that itís Henrietta and Rico that has some people shook up.
That's usually how fan's are about characters from their show.
Kougeru

Male

Fan of : Henrietta,Triela, Rico, Angelica, Petrushka

Original Characters : Kougeru

Comments : plz just call me Kou. contact me anyway u want, always willing to chat

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Sat 2 Aug 2008 - 3:28

@ElfenMagix wrote:

this could be the lolicon side of me talking, im not really sure. but the reason why i find Etta in a bikini distastful is because id find her alot cuter in a one-piece

*reread own post*:wat!: I CAN'T BELEIVE I JUST SAID THAT!!!

Photobucket
Just cause I'm dead, doesn't mean I can't be your Loli Fantasy!
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sat 2 Aug 2008 - 3:31

@Kougeru wrote:That's usually how fan's are about characters from their show.
I guess the sight of Henriettaís belly button is just too much for Ďem. Very Happy

ďI donít hate him specifically, itís the rest of you selfish adults I hold a grudge against.Ē
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sat 2 Aug 2008 - 10:18

@Kougeru wrote:
@Danjo3 wrote:

That's usually how fan's are about characters from their show.

Exactly. Having something like that for GSG just seems out-of-place for me hence my concerns.
Ggultra2764

Male

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sat 2 Aug 2008 - 11:03

@Ggultra2764 wrote:Having something like that for GSG just seems out-of-place for me hence my concerns.
You just have to assume (by the fact that their handlers buy them swimsuits) that when they're taken out for fun in the sun, theyíre allowed to be normal girls. And thatís what normal girls wear. Instead of being concerned, you should be happy for them.

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sat 2 Aug 2008 - 11:10

@Danjo3 wrote:
@Ggultra2764 wrote:Having something like that for GSG just seems out-of-place for me hence my concerns.
You just have to assume (by the fact that their handlers buy them swimsuits) that when they're taken out for fun in the sun, theyíre allowed to be normal girls. And thatís what normal girls wear. Instead of being concerned, you should be happy for them.

Yeah, but Jean and Rico's bond isn't what you would call affectionate considering their master-servant relationship. It would seem like an OOC for him to get her a bathing suit. But, I guess I could picture Giuseppe getting one for Henrietta.
Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sat 2 Aug 2008 - 11:27

@Ggultra2764 wrote:Yeah, but Jean and Rico's bond isn't what you would call affectionate considering their master-servant relationship. It would seem like an OOC for him to get her a bathing suit.
I donít know about that. In vol.6 he let Rico play on the beach, and in vol.9 he gave her a hug. I donít see his buying her a swimsuit as being much of a stretch anymore. At one time yes, but now?

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sat 2 Aug 2008 - 13:17

To call Jean and Rico's relationship 'master-servant' isn't too accurate, as I've pointed out before. Even as early as Season One, there were plenty of signs that Jean was anything *but* a nasty man.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Sat 2 Aug 2008 - 13:34

But he's using Rico for revenge and sees her as a tool to get it. That's pretty nasty to me.

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Original Characters : Savyna

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sat 2 Aug 2008 - 13:36

He still isn't totally uncaring about her, though. Not like Lauro was to Elsa.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Sat 2 Aug 2008 - 13:40

Yeah, but he's pretty close. At least Rico is oblivious to it.

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sat 2 Aug 2008 - 13:47

Well, if you put it that way...

There's the thing that makes Rico such a tragic character. Her gratitude and loyalty to the Agency make her willing to let so many things slide.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sat 2 Aug 2008 - 14:00

@Triela wrote:But he's using Rico for revenge and sees her as a tool to get it. That's pretty nasty to me.

Not to mention forcing Hilshire to join with the Social Welfare Agency for fear of Triela's safety and coldly telling Claes about Robello's murder (which seems to imply the SWA could be connected to the murder).

And if you wanna call Jean uncaring, he told Rico to kill any witnesses to their missions, regardless of their innocence. One example, she killed that boy working at the hotel after assassinating a politician.
Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Sun 3 Aug 2008 - 2:10

I think the point thatís being made here is that Jean has come a long way since vol.1 (and before that Ė ie; the above mentioned Hillshire incident). If you think about it Ė the man did care a great deal for his little sister Enrica, so heís not completely without feelings. After spending so much time with Rico, it only makes sense that he would start to warm up to her (and as Iíve said, weíve seen this happen). The Jean who was hugging Rico is definitely not the same man who was threatening Hillshire.
@Triela wrote:But he's using Rico for revenge and sees her as a tool to get it. That's pretty nasty to me.
The fact of the matter is that all of the handlers, to one extent or the other, are using their girls. None of them are innocent of that. Donít forget, revenge was sweetheart Joseís reason for joining the agency.

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sun 3 Aug 2008 - 16:21

@Danjo3 wrote:I think the point thatís being made here is that Jean has come a long way since vol.1 (and before that Ė ie; the above mentioned Hillshire incident). If you think about it Ė the man did care a great deal for his little sister Enrica, so heís not completely without feelings. After spending so much time with Rico, it only makes sense that he would start to warm up to her (and as Iíve said, weíve seen this happen). The Jean who was hugging Rico is definitely not the same man who was threatening Hillshire.
The fact of the matter is that all of the handlers, to one extent or the other, are using their girls. None of them are innocent of that. Donít forget, revenge was sweetheart Joseís reason for joining the agency.

One thing I'm wondering though: did Jean really see Enrica's ghost or was he hallucinating in volume 6?
Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Sun 3 Aug 2008 - 17:21

@Ggultra2764 wrote:
One thing I'm wondering though: did Jean really see Enrica's ghost or was he hallucinating in volume 6?

He was drinking, of corse it wasn't real.

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Sun 3 Aug 2008 - 18:20

Couldn't have put it better myself, Triela.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Sun 3 Aug 2008 - 20:33

@Triela wrote:
@Ggultra2764 wrote:

I forgot he was drinking. Well, then in that case:

*Henrietta walks into the room and hears Jean talking.*

Henrietta: Jean-san, who are you talking to?

Jean: I'm talking to Enrica.

Henrietta: Giuseppe-san, Jean's drinking again.

Giuseppe: I don't believe this. Every time you're left alone, you get hammered and think our dead sister is around.

Jean: No I don't. Oh Giuseppe, Enrica's calling you an idiot for saying she's not real.

*Giuseppe pounds Jean in the head.*

Jean: Ow, that hurt. Quit laughing at me, Enrica. You were the one that said he was an idiot.

Giuseppe: Let's go, Henrietta.

Jean: Henrietta, Enrica wants to say hi to you. She likes how her dress looks on you.

Giuseppe: Don't listen to the drunk man, Henrietta. Let's go out to the beach together.

Henrietta (blushing): Sure

Jean (in fake sobbing): Awwwww, you hurt her feelings.
Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Mon 4 Aug 2008 - 1:13

@Triela wrote:
@Ggultra2764 wrote:
Agreed. He was so rattled by seeing Henrietta in Enricaís dress that he decided to tie one on. He then fell asleep and had a dream.

This is another good example of Jeans human side. When you think about it, the guyís had a hell of a rough life. He lost his mom, dad, little sister and fiancť, and now heís dealing with the guilt of Jose following him into the Agency. Add Rico to the mix and you can see that itís a miracle the guy hasnít lost his marbles.

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Mon 4 Aug 2008 - 1:28

@Danjo3 wrote:
@Triela wrote:
@Ggultra2764 wrote:
Agreed. He was so rattled by seeing Henrietta in Enricaís dress that he decided to tie one on. He then fell asleep and had a dream.

This is another good example of Jeans human side. When you think about it, the guyís had a hell of a rough life. He lost his mom, dad, little sister and fiancť, and now heís dealing with the guilt of Jose following him into the Agency. Add Rico to the mix and you can see that itís a miracle the guy hasnít lost his marbles.

Even with such positive traits, I still find it kind of hard to even like the guy compared to how the other handlers deal with things for their cyborg partner and people outside the SWA.
Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Mon 4 Aug 2008 - 1:45

I hate Jean no matter what. Almost nothing can redeem him for what he's done to Hillshire or Rico. He's nasty all the time and is just an unlikeable character. I can't believe Jose's related to him. :badfeeling:

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Mon 4 Aug 2008 - 1:58

@Ggultra2764 wrote:Even with such positive traits, I still find it kind of hard to even like the guy compared to how the other handlers deal with things for their cyborg partner and people outside the SWA.
Hey, I never said the guy was lovable.

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 on Mon 4 Aug 2008 - 2:01

@Triela wrote:I hate Jean no matter what. Almost nothing can redeem him for what he's done to Hillshire or Rico. He's nasty all the time and is just an unlikeable character. I can't believe Jose's related to him. :badfeeling:
How do you feel about Jose for what heís doing to Henrietta?

Last edited by Danjo3 on Mon 4 Aug 2008 - 10:29; edited 1 time in total

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Mon 4 Aug 2008 - 7:00

@Triela wrote:I hate Jean no matter what. Almost nothing can redeem him for what he's done to Hillshire or Rico. He's nasty all the time and is just an unlikeable character

But those are the qualities that make him my favorite handler...
@Triela wrote:. I can't believe Jose's related to him. :badfeeling:

yet given the chance you would make Joze x Jean fanfic...

Photobucket
Just cause I'm dead, doesn't mean I can't be your Loli Fantasy!
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Mon 4 Aug 2008 - 12:23

@West Nile wrote:
@Triela wrote:I hate Jean no matter what. Almost nothing can redeem him for what he's done to Hillshire or Rico. He's nasty all the time and is just an unlikeable character

High Five
I've said it before and I'll say it again... in the world of covert ops, brutality gets shit done.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 4 Aug 2008 - 12:40

brutality gets shit done.

hehehe...

Quoting Sheo-sen's word in a different board topic...

Violence: If its not working, you haven't use enough of it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Mon 4 Aug 2008 - 19:06

@West Nile wrote:

Ummm yeah. But Jean is drunk! That's a good reason for a oneshot yaoi... even though they're brothers. (I don't like incest but I think this idea i brilliant!! There really isn't anyone to pair up in GSG, guy wise.)

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Mon 4 Aug 2008 - 19:17

Heh.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 on Mon 4 Aug 2008 - 19:20

@Triela wrote:
@West Nile wrote:

Ummm yeah. But Jean is drunk! That's a good reason for a oneshot yaoi...

Or some humor involving Jean's hallucination of Enrica involving Henrietta and Giuseppe like the bit I had earlier.
Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 11 Sep 2008 - 20:50

u know,I almost bought the dvd but from ep 1 to 13. I think after they released the ova I'll buy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum