Advance Wars, GSG style

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Advance Wars, GSG style

Post by Whatface on Sun 29 Jun 2008 - 21:20

Panzer IV wrote:CO-Power - BLITZKRIEG
Frederick's unit can fire three-times and can move twice in a turn, dealing more damage.
Woah! Woah! Fire three times and move twice??!

*looks at CO-powers from the Prototype Army*

Ah nevermind, they're all pretty crazy Razz

Whatface
Macromedia Maestro

Forum Posts : 879

Registration date : 2007-12-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Advance Wars, GSG style

Post by sasahara17 on Mon 30 Jun 2008 - 19:35

Whatface wrote:Rico Haxx
Bloody hell. Good stuff. Yu~ri is so outclassed desu.

Panzer IV wrote:CO-Power - BLITZKRIEG
Frederick's unit can fire
three-times and can move twice in a turn, dealing more damage yet
suffers 30% more damage taken.
Sweet heavens! Three times in one turn? It's like pairing Eagle and Sami all over again (or Eagle and anybody else for that matter, I just used him and Sami together alot).

sasahara17

Forum Posts : 1001

Registration date : 2007-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Advance Wars, GSG style

Post by West Nile on Tue 1 Jul 2008 - 7:48

Panzer IV wrote:Oh LOL!! Rico's range is near-infinite!!

William Koch/G-2PRTYPE Frederick H. Koch

Unique Unit 'Sturmtruppe'; elite troopers armed with a variety of weapon ranging from light assault rifles to heavy MGs. Equipped with Anti-Armor capability and camouflage, making it an excellent ambush unit.

lol what's the con?
Impressive it may sound, Sturmtruppers can't hit anything outside point blank range. And even at point blank range, aiming is still a chore Laughing

West Nile
WestNilepedia

Forum Posts : 1747

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Advance Wars, GSG style

Post by Tommygunner70 on Tue 1 Jul 2008 - 10:03

how the crap did you make that?

is this just a photo shipping job, or did you actually code in Rico?

Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Forum Posts : 1950

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Advance Wars, GSG style

Post by emperor on Tue 1 Jul 2008 - 11:07

Whatface,please make a GSG Advance War online game for free!

http://challengeyou.com/

or someone else who interest to make a GSG first person shooting game.

Once you made it please post the link here!!!

emperor

Forum Posts : 1637

Registration date : 2007-09-09
Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Re: Advance Wars, GSG style

Post by Guest on Tue 1 Jul 2008 - 11:58

lol what's the con?
Impressive it may sound, Sturmtruppers can't hit anything outside point blank range. And even at point blank range, aiming is still a chore

Laughing

Hey, but at least they came in numbers :p

On the con, Frederick's unit is actually weak against heavily armored units like Triela's Bear Brigades or Claes' navy. Frederick is more of an early game faction where it dominates early.

Late game, don't count it to be as easy as before as his well-balanced unit would mostly be over-powered ^^

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Advance Wars, GSG style

Post by sasahara17 on Sat 5 Jul 2008 - 12:10

Just realised that Pino can be the young colonel who was the first human Co ever to best a GSG army in battle (Triela's of course). What say you guys? being a human and all, his people whould operate on an entirely different set of rules than the GSG armies, with veterancy levels and a lower 'reinforcement rate'.

Perhaps to offset the 'weakness of the flesh', Pino should have a full set of asskicking CO powers? He can't pop out as many soldiers as a GSG can, his men can't take the same punishment a GSG can, so they MUST have something they can fight back with.

Either that, or Pino is just THAT good a commander.

-=-

Nobody's discussed a pure airforce bruiser yet. I mean, air dominance is normally my preferred strategy, so right now if I jump into this game I'm gonna be a walking in with a real handicap.

Somebody draw up a flyboy (or is it fly-girl?) quick!

sasahara17

Forum Posts : 1001

Registration date : 2007-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Advance Wars, GSG style

Post by Awinnell on Sat 5 Jul 2008 - 12:58

how about Yoshika from Strike Witches !



Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Forum Posts : 2131

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Advance Wars, GSG style

Post by sasahara17 on Sat 5 Jul 2008 - 20:53

Wait, it's showing already? Any good?

Doesn't look anything like Skygirls tho'.

sasahara17

Forum Posts : 1001

Registration date : 2007-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Advance Wars, GSG style

Post by Whatface on Sat 5 Jul 2008 - 21:12

Tommygunner70 wrote:how the crap did you make that?

is this just a photo shipping job, or did you actually code in Rico?
Uh, its obviously a shoop. Notice that the outline on the Rico icon is blurry and that theres no health displayed under etc.

emperor wrote:Whatface,please make a GSG Advance War online game for free!

http://challengeyou.com/

or someone else who interest to make a GSG first person shooting game.

Once you made it please post the link here!!!
Why me? The only games I've ever made is a point-n-click shooter in Visual Basic and a scrolling top-down-shooter in Java.
Come to think of it, I MIGHT be able to make a GSG Advance Wars type game, though I have no idea on how to make internet play. AI maybe, but it'll be really crap.

As for the website, thats for making FPSs and I have no idea how to use it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


avatar
Whatface
Macromedia Maestro

Male

Forum Posts : 879

Location : Australia

Fan of : Henrietta, Rico, Triela, Aurora

Original Characters : Muffin

Comments : Why can't I leave this blank?

Registration date : 2007-12-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Advance Wars, GSG style

Post by Sheo Darren on Sat 5 Jul 2008 - 23:29

sasahara17 wrote:Just realised that Pino can be the young colonel who was the first human Co ever to best a GSG army in battle (Triela's of course). What say you guys? being a human and all, his people whould operate on an entirely different set of rules than the GSG armies, with veterancy levels and a lower 'reinforcement rate'.

Perhaps to offset the 'weakness of the flesh', Pino should have a full set of asskicking CO powers? He can't pop out as many soldiers as a GSG can, his men can't take the same punishment a GSG can, so they MUST have something they can fight back with.

Either that, or Pino is just THAT good a commander.

I'd say give his people First Strike, where they get to launch the first attack always, even when on the defensive.

Maybe Double Strike, where his attacking unit can launch a second volley if it survives the first exchange. Double Strike would be really cheap when paire with First Strike, but considering his speed in canon, it's plausible.

Another possible bonus is that instead of boosted stats like we gave everyone, Pino's units have boosted experience. They start off as one-bar veterans, like the Germans in Company of Heroes. Maybe as you upgrade your troops, they automatically get more veterancy points even if they didn't fight.

He'd probably have an infantry-type special unit. A knife user lol

Heck, let his special unit be Pino himself. Like Sauron or Galadriel in the LotR: Battle for Middle Earth 2 game. A one-of-a-kind infantry unit that dodges artillery and tanks. You need infantry to hit him, but he mows through grunts like a harvester goes through a wheat field.

He probably also has to be geared to take down Triela's army.


sasahara17 wrote:Nobody's discussed a pure airforce bruiser yet. I mean, air dominance is normally my preferred strategy, so right now if I jump into this game I'm gonna be a walking in with a real handicap.

Somebody draw up a flyboy (or is it fly-girl?) quick!

How about that girl (forgot her name and who made her) who has an imaginary parrot? She'd have Peeko Bombers as a special unit, and her special CO power would be Strategic Bombardment: every ground unit on the map takes damage, even her own units and allied units. ^_^


sasahara17 wrote:Doesn't look anything like Skygirls tho'.

It's WWII Sky Girls. Their enemy makes the WORMs look benign.
avatar
Sheo Darren

Male

Forum Posts : 389

Location : Katagalugan

Fan of : Mami Tomoe

Original Characters : Rolito, Giuseppe, Elena; Julia, Peppina; Jess, Masakari

Registration date : 2008-02-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Advance Wars, GSG style

Post by Awinnell on Sun 6 Jul 2008 - 4:44

I think that both strike witches and sky girls are written by the same guy,sky witches uses magic and mid twentieth century tech and sky girls uses futuristic technology,though strike witches is much heavier on the fanservice !

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


We are living in the smelly cloud of gods fart,one day the universe will end in a great cloud of airfreshener
avatar
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Location : Hereford,England

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!


Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Advance Wars, GSG style

Post by sasahara17 on Mon 7 Jul 2008 - 22:31

Sheo Darren wrote:Another possible bonus is that instead of boosted stats like we gave everyone, Pino's units have boosted experience.
Reminds me of the Artredies infantry in Dune. Three bar veteran goes in, whole lot of one bar infantry come out. I'm not sure about Pino, but maybe Major Salle (s.p.) might have this ability. An army of fresh three bar veterans is going to give anyone pause.

I'm in favor of an enhanced critical hit stat. In most of Pino's fights with Triela (particularly their fist encounter), Pino didn't have the drop on her (one of the reasons why he's such a badass, is that she supposedly has the high ground), so having him strike first all the time wouldn't make much sence. Perhaps he can have this one-hit K.O. ability that activates every once in a while, or his troops can 'stagger' enemy units and make them miss out on a turn (Pino gave Triela a concussion).

Sheo Darren wrote:Heck, let his special unit be Pino himself. Like Sauron or Galadriel in the LotR: Battle for Middle Earth 2 game. A one-of-a-kind infantry unit that dodges artillery and tanks. You need infantry to hit him, but he mows through grunts like a harvester goes through a wheat field.
Artillery can't kill Pino! He said it himself; 'I'll just get X feet closer.' Not to beat this guy, it's gotta be mano a mano!

Seriously though, special commander units reminds me too much of Warcraft and other RTS type games (which may be fun in a way, seeing a dozen Henriettas run around might be cute). Might be cool if he can gain levels and stuff. Might offset the problem of the robotic clone army, but don't bet on it.

-=-

Hm, What about a Fire Emblem type game tho'? Or even better, put the player in charge of the SWA (i.e. You are Lorenzo) and you call the shots. Which missions to take, what to research more in, who to appoint as a handler (Player - Priscillia, I chose you!), lobbying fore a larger budget, etc... Think of it like Evil Genius or Sim Hospital, except with our favorite characters as the NPCs!

-=-

Wached Strike Witches over the weekend. That was wierd. I didn't think you could HAVE that many pantyshots...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Who is that hot glasses wearing babe I wonder...
avatar
sasahara17

Male

Forum Posts : 1001

Fan of : GSGs? Claes-sama and Elsa-chan. Outside that? Bloodhound Jr. and Saber

Original Characters : Wilfred Sheppard, I-CARE agent.

Comments : A walking idea powerhouse.

Registration date : 2007-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Advance Wars, GSG style

Post by Sheo Darren on Tue 8 Jul 2008 - 11:48

sasahara17 wrote:Reminds me of the Artredies infantry in Dune.

lol Emperor lol game named after Emperor-san lol

I just bum rush with Minotaurus there. If I want lulz, I use Ixian holo tanks.


sasahara17 wrote:I'm not sure about Pino,
but maybe Major Salle (s.p.) might have this ability. An army of fresh
three bar veterans is going to give anyone pause.

sasahara17 wrote:I'm in favor of an enhanced critical hit stat. In most of Pino's fights
with Triela (particularly their fist encounter), Pino didn't have the
drop on her (one of the reasons why he's such a badass, is that she
supposedly has the high ground), so having him strike first all the
time wouldn't make much sence. Perhaps he can have this one-hit K.O.
ability that activates every once in a while, or his troops can
'stagger' enemy units and make them miss out on a turn (Pino gave
Triela a concussion).

Good point!


sasahara17 wrote:Seriously though, special commander units reminds me too much of
Warcraft and other RTS type games (which may be fun in a way, seeing a
dozen Henriettas run around might be cute). Might be cool if he can
gain levels and stuff. Might offset the problem of the robotic clone
army, but don't bet on it.

Yeah lol


sasahara17 wrote:Hm, What about a Fire Emblem type game tho'? Or even better, put the
player in charge of the SWA (i.e. You are Lorenzo) and you call the
shots. Which missions to take, what to research more in, who to appoint
as a handler (Player - Priscillia, I chose you!), lobbying fore a
larger budget, etc... Think of it like Evil Genius or Sim Hospital,
except with our favorite characters as the NPCs!

lol sounds like Starcraft 2 lol


sasahara17 wrote:Wached Strike Witches over the weekend. That was wierd. I didn't think you could HAVE that many pantyshots...

I'm watching Tsukuyomi Moon Phase after promising myself to get it for years. It's awesome. ^_^
avatar
Sheo Darren

Male

Forum Posts : 389

Location : Katagalugan

Fan of : Mami Tomoe

Original Characters : Rolito, Giuseppe, Elena; Julia, Peppina; Jess, Masakari

Registration date : 2008-02-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Advance Wars, GSG style

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum