[Non-GSG] Naruto - 'A Little Self Study'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Non-GSG] Naruto - 'A Little Self Study'

Post by sasahara17 on Tue 8 Jul 2008 - 7:56

WARNING! Non GSG Idea Ahead!

Just one of the unused, but funny Ideas I had lying about. Anybody interested?

-=-

Naruto Idea; ‘A Wounded Pride Will Do That To You’ OR ‘a Little Self Study’

-=-

As
you may know, I don’t follow Naruto anymore. Why? Because the fanfiction is so much better than the actual show (the manga authors are probably out of ideas now)!

I’ve always hated how Sasuke, Naruto and Sakura seemed to be ‘molded’ into carbon copies of their mentors (Naruto=Yondaime, Sakura=Tsunade) rather than branching out and becoming their own people. I can understand this, but it annoys the hell out of me sometimes. This is the most extreme idea I could think of to get around it.

In an A.U. universe Team Seven all went off and FAILED Karashi’s bell test. Their defeat was so humiliating that they decided to screw getting a jounin-sensei and teach themselves the ninja arts!

-=-

After failing the bell test and being royally disgraced, the ‘would have been’ Team 7 spend a few humiliating days back at the academy... so humiliated they were that Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura decide to say ‘screw it’.

Each having their own reasons (Crushed Prides do wonders for people with Egos), they make a pact and decide that ‘Ninja shouldn’t need to have a friggin rank’ and begin their own foray, completely unsupervised, into the ninja arts.

They drop out of the academy and seemingly give up on being ninjas to create a cover story, all the while breaking open the ‘rather extensive’ Uchiha ninja scroll library (which was compiled by Madara Uchiha and thus is pretty big and filled with all kinds of traps... kinda like Library Island at Mahora) and doing a little ‘self study’.

Naturally, without screwball teacher Kaka-shit (Kakashi is pretty cool, but remember that as a teacher he’s less than stellar) to teach them, their self study actually means that they’re making ‘good progress’ (i.e.
equivalent of 'high chu-nin' level at the time of the actual chu-nin exam, which they don’t take), all the while maintaining the guises of an apprentice ramen chef (Naruto), an ordinary school girl (Sakura), and a lazy slouch and later professional courier (Sasuke) to ensure the Hokage doesn't arrest their asses for being unregistered ninjas.

-=-

The theme about this A.U. is that without a lazy teacher, or any teacher for that matter, the failed team 7 have to chart their own growth as ninjas and people, involving experimentation, trial and error, perseverance and hard work. The readers get to watch every stage of their growth and self discovery, often taking off into directions that even they couldn’t fathom.

Of course, they get hurt (no supervisor in a dangerous art), of course they get lost (no direction, no idea what works), of course they try stupid things (Sasuke becoming the villiage pariah after being too successful at driving off the fangirls). But it’s their mistakes, their effort, their blood sweat and toil! And when they finally march up to the Hokage and demand for their jou-nin ranks (and present their mission record, which the old geezer should have suspected they did in secret but never could prove it), it’ll be their victory!

...until they find out it was Kakashi’s plan all along. Since he can’t teach, he might was well enrage his students
enough to teach themselves...

That magnificent bastard
!

-=-

Things that would have been nice to look forward too;

+ Running Joke is that they think that they're weak.

Since Kakashi isn't with them, they often mistake their foes to be lower ranked than they actually are. Example;

Zabuza - "I'm Zabuza, Demon of the Mist! F34R M3!"
Sasuke - "?"
Sakura - "?"
Naruto - "...who?"

No bingo book, so they mistook Zabuza for a regular chu-nin instead of a jou-nin. Their constant misjuding of other's abilities lead them to underestimate how far they've actually come (imagine them fighting Gaara and thinking he's a normal Genin...).

+ Sasuke becoming the village embarassmen
t

Since he's spending more time in town now picking up various non-ninja arts and craft, Sasuke gets more exposure to his fan-club. Eventually he gets desperate enough to get Naruto and Sakura's help. So they devise a plan to make him look like the village ass.

Works a bit too well.

Now Sasuke is branded a pervert, a scoundrel, a good for nothing lazy idiot for couldn't do a jutsu to save his life! Though disheartening at first, Sasuke eventually finds that being the village hobo is pretty amusing (and nobody takes the hobo seriously, letting him listen into all kinds of shit), and he actually makes a hobby of it! So effective is his cover that when Orochimaru (in disguise of course) comes to 'retrieve' Sasuke, The old snake is so throughly unimpressed with the boy, Orichimaru wants nothing to do with that bum!

+ Clak and Dagger Secret Identity Stuff

Since they ARE illegal ninjas, Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke have to keep up their appeareances while furthering their studies. Easier said than done, with the Anbu sniffing around for the 'Three Mysterious Ninjas' who took up Old Man Tazuna's case after Kurenai brought him back to town. Not to mention, all the parties who want theim to 'get back' into the ninja gig.

-=-

I'd write more, but I'd like to see how it's recieved before going any futher. Adios!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who is that hot glasses wearing babe I wonder...
sasahara17

Male

Forum Posts : 1001

Fan of : GSGs? Claes-sama and Elsa-chan. Outside that? Bloodhound Jr. and Saber

Original Characters : Wilfred Sheppard, I-CARE agent.

Comments : A walking idea powerhouse.

Registration date : 2007-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: [Non-GSG] Naruto - 'A Little Self Study'

Post by emperor on Tue 8 Jul 2008 - 20:13

And Naruto's 9 tails fox power?

http://on.fb.me/9tuZOK Facebook Page for Cyborg Central : Gunslinger Girl Forum cheers
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1637

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Registration date : 2007-09-09
Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 on Tue 8 Jul 2008 - 21:04

Actually, here's the thing... becuase Naruto and Sasuke are taking a different growth path and are completely unsupervised, they don't access the 'Kyuubi powers' and Sharingan as early.

Things never got desperate anough for them to have a need to activate those abilities until a later point in the story; example, They may have fought Zabuza, but in that case they resorted to some dangerous stuff they found in Madara's library to win, but took out the bridge in the process (well, Tazuna can always rebuild it).

In fact, I planned for Sasuke to forego the Sharingan alltogether since by the time he gets it, he finds it conflicts too much with his current 'style'... in short Sasuke drops it all together.

The idea was for him to develop his own work ethic that conficlted with the prinicples of the Shirningan (copy, copy, copy as opposed to read, practice, experiment, implement), so by the time Sasuke gets it, he finds it hinders him more than anything else and forgets about it (one of the reasons Orochimaru can't be bothered with Sasuke, is that he mistakenly belives Sasuke doesn't have it).
Besides, most Sharingan users should have been historically beaten by non-Sharingan users. That little record should be in his family records somewhere, and might just lead him to the 'wrong' conclusions if only briefly.

-=-

I was thinking of Naruto mastering the quaterstaff, them going to town with a billion types of clone techniques. Sakura gets sharp pointy things (katana) to offset her lack of brute force (irony) and very potent poisons. Sasuke uses a long forgotten martial art and is the team medic (cause Naruto is an idiot and he wouldn't trust Sakura with his nekked body) and leader.

-=-

Who is that hot glasses wearing babe I wonder...
sasahara17

Male

Forum Posts : 1001

Fan of : GSGs? Claes-sama and Elsa-chan. Outside that? Bloodhound Jr. and Saber

Original Characters : Wilfred Sheppard, I-CARE agent.

Comments : A walking idea powerhouse.

Registration date : 2007-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum