Forced Disclosire

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Forced Disclosire

Post by Guest on Thu 10 Jul 2008 - 1:35

I'm wondering do anyone here have plans for a story where the people find out the truth about the SWA?

In short a Forced Disclosire.

You know a shootout with the padinia or the Mob that got out of there control. By out of control shootout I mean the kind of shootout we see near the end of HEAT.

A enemy hijacks the nations airwaves & calls them out by name while at the same time floods the net with information on the SWA complete with vids of missions (remember Angie's first missions were recorded).

How would you write a story where the SWA's secrecy goes out the window with a bang & not a wimper?

how would the people react?

what would the families of the girls do.

Then there's international blowback (Petra, Claes, & Triela) three sovereign nations will be asking what Italy was thinking taking there junor citizens & turning them into assasins.

How will the girls deal with life out of the shadows?

Back to top Go down

Re: Forced Disclosire

Post by West Nile on Thu 10 Jul 2008 - 7:07

2 things

ur concept is impossilbe since it would only take a handful of bullets and cyborg girl to silence the would be protestor

on the other hand in my fics ive had all the inteligence agencies in the world know about the SWA, they know it as very succesfull aniterorist agency but does not know how they get the job done.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photobucket
Just cause I'm dead, doesn't mean I can't be your Loli Fantasy!
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Forum Posts : 1747

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Thu 10 Jul 2008 - 21:41

This here's the SWA we're talking about. Remember the X-Files' Syndicate (Cancer Man, Alex Krycek et al), and how good they were at supressing info leaks? It's an easy bet the Agency are just as efficient, if not more. Look what happened to Raballo and that Padania chap whom Patricia befriended - I doubt they were the only people to end up silenced in such a fashion.

Also, as West mentioned, many international black-ops units may be in league with the Agency, who could easily enlist their aid if the leak were to spread. It's a plot device we use all the time in our GSG fanfiction - hell, we've even got foreign agencies using their own cyborgs, a trend which I started with Israel's Childville Institute - but it's reasonable to think that it could occur canonically.

But for argument's sake...

If such an exposure were to take place and the public were to snap it up, it'd be Watergate times a hundred, but the Agency would probably act quick to cover their tracks. Put simply, they'd swiftly blow up their compound, destroy all records and (wait for it) eliminate all evidence of their research and development. Put even more simply, eliminate all their cyborgs. They'd probably just slip them some sedative, then administer poison before getting rid of the bodies with C4 or something. Then all personnel would fade away like ghosts on rollerblades like the Nazis and Unit 731 did at the end of World War Two (perhaps abroad), leaving their government to clear up their mess. As in that case, they might be hunted down as criminals, and, with luck, brought to trial decades later. A tremendous stigma would hang over Italy, with much anguished soul-searching thrown into the bargain, which might eventually soften in about a hundred years' time.

I'm not sure if there might be international blowback viz. Triela and Claes. Triela was probably a Jane Doe when discovered, I say, and ended up being given a new identity as an Italian citizen after being inducted into the Agency. It's not certain if Claes (clearly a foreigner) was an Italian citizen or otherwise, but I'd imagine a lot of fuss would be kicked up as her father was clearly an important professor who, I imagine, would have quite a bit of influence. Petra might give trouble, but knowing Russia, they'd probably be more interested in garnering the technology for themselves rather than see justice served where it comes to one of their citizens.

Angie, Henrietta and Rico's families would probably be overcome by remorse to know that they signed their ailing children over to an organization that ended up using them instead of helping them, but they wouldn't really be able to do anything about it. Angie's family was no longer the rich unit it used to be, and I don't see the latter two families as being anything other than ordinary working-class folks. No idea about Bea and Elsa, but I've written Bea's folks as being pretty poor, and visualized Elsa as a runaway from a turmoil-ridden home where she was not welcome.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 10 Jul 2008 - 23:14

West Nile wrote:

ur concept is impossilbe since it would only take a handful of bullets and cyborg girl to silence the would be protestor

Remember I said an enemy not some two-bit punks that they are used to.

The enemy I'd have the girls try (& I stress the word TRY) to take on would give them nightmares for many years & be a thorn in there side for just as long.

Who is he?

Use your minds eye to form a picture to this discription.

Nachtsider I think you already know who this is.

"Imagine a person, tall, lean and feline, high-shouldered, with a brow like Shakespeare and a face like Satan, a close-shaven skull, and long, magnetic eyes of the true cat-green. Invest him with all the cruel cunning of an entire Eastern race, accumulated in one giant intellect, with all the resources of science past and present, with all the resources, if you will, of a wealthy government--which, however, already has denied all knowledge of his existence. Imagine that awful being. "

This man just ozes awsomness and I think his power, the forces he controled, his many escapes from the law, & escapes from the jaws of death it's self was the insperation for Stefano DiMera. 🆒

First one to guess correctly gets a slice of watermelon but you will have to go through the forest wildfires that seround my home town to get it. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Thu 10 Jul 2008 - 23:44

I'll stick my neck way out here and say Fu Manchu, impossible though it may seem for him to still exist in this present age.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 11 Jul 2008 - 0:34

Nachtsider wrote:I'll stick my neck way out here and say Fu Manchu, impossible though it may seem for him to still exist in this present age.

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding.

And you win the prize I just knew that a slice of ripe sweet California watermelon would get those rusty wheels spinning.

As for Fu you just don't know what mysterious formula or machine he made that has kept him alive just know he used it after all he is "Devil Doctor".

I will feel sorry for the girls if they ever had to face threat of his level he's way above there league.

He is an enemy that can take a loss but can keep on comeing like it never mattered.

Lord only knows what he would do if he got his hands on any of the SWA's tech from the cybernetics all the way down to the conditioning drug.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Fri 11 Jul 2008 - 0:44

Thanks, Paladin. *munches on watermelon* I wonder if there's any fried chicken in the bargain, too.

The last time someone tried introducing a Fu Manchu-type evil genius/overlord into the GSG universe via fanfiction turned out far, far less than successful, to put it mildly. All I can say is that this new effort, if it gets off the ground, better be well-written.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 11 Jul 2008 - 19:59

You know, I'm gonna have a real problem rooting against someone who wants to expose the SWA for the cold-blooded reptiles they are. Fu Manchu sounds like a good guy in this premise!

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Fri 11 Jul 2008 - 21:58

As West Nile and Nachtsider both stated, its impossible.
I'll add a 3rd arguement: Italy's Government controls 95% of its media in GsG. This make any media leaks end up as Tabloid material. Also, as stated in the manga when that idiot tried to get Patrica to expose the SWA, Mafia also use child assassins. So, seeing Angie running down the street, firing her machine gun, any photo journalist catching this on film will have the picture titled "Another Mafia Child Terrorist on Murder Spree (Film@ 11)". Considering who their targets are/were, it would be titled as "Another Mafia Hit By Child Terrorist on Murder Spree (Film@ 11)". Since it happens so often, I doubt it would not make page 3 of the tabloids. "Bat Boy Fights Godzilla" gets the headlines!

I would like to know though, in the fanfict world, has the GsG girls ran up against another child assassin from the other side?

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Fri 11 Jul 2008 - 22:39

Yes, they have. Check out Sheo's Life Goes On and Maxwell's Daemon's Old Guard, New Blood for the best examples.

Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren on Sat 12 Jul 2008 - 2:45

Disclosure, huh?

The world will be shocked. Then it will forget soon enough. Especially if, say, oil issues come up. Or nukes.

We're Miclones, y'see. We're some of the nastiest carbon-based life forms in this Quadrant of the Galaxy. We're also the most short-sighted. If we weren't busy with trying to murder each other with wooden planks mounting rusty nails- to the point that one day we will build a wooden plank mounting rusty nails that is big enough to kill all life on Earth with one swing-, we'd then proceed to make sure that the theory "There is no life in outer space" is made into a fact.

Meanwhile, a few shots here, a few accidents there, and voila! Section Two can operate again.

They don't even have to kill the girls, or at least not all of them. Waste of material. Just hide them. I'm sure Giuseppe would be oh so happy to have Henrietta laze in the Croce house. Same with Daddy Hilshire (who I really prefer as Lover Hilshire, just for the lulz). And Sandro- well, let's not go there.

As you can see, Rolito is bitter for a very good reason.

I'll stick my neck way out here and say Fu Manchu, impossible though it may seem for him to still exist in this present age.

Don't count these supervillains dead until you've killed them with your own hands, Nacht. History proves that the fuckers just do not die. That or Doombots and Thanos Clones.

Then again, I blame superheroes for being pussies. Where, oh, where, is Deadpool when you need him? Or Lobo. Deadpool is preferred, but I'd settle for Lobo.

Paladin wrote:Lord only knows what he would do if he got his hands on any of the
SWA's tech from the cybernetics all the way down to the conditioning
drug.

I'd say he's the brains behind the entire cyborg project, if he ever existed in the GSGverse. Him or James Moriarty, that other scumbag, waiting to reap what they sowed a la LXG.

LGOwise, I attribute the cyborg technology to Whispered, since so much is shared between the two series, technology-wise. Electro-reactive fibers used in artificial muscles: check (the girls are basically mini-AS, which would explain why they're so tough, because the "muscle packages" are tough; if hit, they just harden. Also explains the short life span of the girls; the muscle packages degrade over time and especially with use). Weird drugs: check (the A21 guys needed drugs to use the Lambda Driver).

... I'm rambling again. Gomen.
Sheo Darren

Male

Forum Posts : 389

Fan of : Mami Tomoe

Original Characters : Rolito, Giuseppe, Elena; Julia, Peppina; Jess, Masakari

Registration date : 2008-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sat 12 Jul 2008 - 7:38

ElfenMagix wrote:As West Nile and Nachtsider both stated, its impossible.
I disagree entirely.

Nachtsider wrote:This here's the SWA we're talking about. Remember the X-Files' Syndicate (Cancer Man, Alex Krycek et al), and how good they were at supressing info leaks? It's an easy bet the Agency are just as efficient, if not more.
There is an upward limit to just how effectively you can keep a program under wraps. You have to understand the nature of information exchange. Just by existing the militant wing of the SWA is leaving behind pieces of it existence. Now these pieces come in all sorts of pieces. There are those pieces that are relatively safe. Say for example the airline employ who checks in a German expat and his 'daughter.' The information the employ has gain, by itself is harmless. There are a of course other, more useful pieces of information. Like for example, a photo of a little girl 'popping a cap' in someones ass. Or someone who saw a young woman punching the shit out of some guy on the subway. Again these individual pieces of information are useless. When combined however they create a picture of the SWA.

Lets go back to the airline employ. So the employ in question has learned nothing more then there is a man named Hilshire Hartman, who has a daughter. Now lets put this piece next to the television report on a young prosecutor, that just happens to have an image of her two body guards. Even if the daughter is not clearly recognizable as the second bodyguard at the moment Mr. Hartman most likely is. Now with this particular information we can establish Mr. Hilshires current line of work. Further more it wouldn't be to hard to imagine that one would be able to dig up Mr. Hartmans Europool past. Absolutely nothing about that is classified. Learning about Hilshires past at this point requires you to learn of the existence of a certain dark skinned girl, with blond hair. Now if you where to talk to a certain doctor, he could tell you where he suggested detective Hartman take the girl: the Social Welfare Agency. Hey you remember that television report about the prosecutor, wasn't the second bodyguard dark skinned with blond hair? Just like that girl Mr. Hartman rescued, and his current 13 year old daughter? You remember the report that came a few days later, the one that said the prosecutor had survived an attempt on her life? Well maybe if we talked to the paramedics that arrived we could find something out. Like for example that one of them would swear that it looked like the woman bodyguard had been shot in the gut. Only she didn't need medical attention, like at all.

That's all information that is out in the open. Nothing about that is classified. Now I'll be the first to admit that what I have here is weak, and whats more I knew what I was looking for. Putting this case together in reverse would be more difficult. Which is why at the moment only those that often spar with the SWA, or skilled intelligence's groups really know about the SWA. However I think I used the minimum number of pieces. You have to realize that just by walking down the street the Fratello are handing out information, about who they are, and what they are doing. There is far more then enough information sitting out there to damn the SWA to hell, and back. All those criminals the SWA has caught, and not killed. Those bystanders who see an operation go down. Odd clues left behind at the scene of assassinations. Anyone around those they act as bodyguards to. The challenge is to assemble that information in such a manner that it becomes damning.

Well there is one other slight issue. As Elfen pointed out, you have to present the information in question in a manner in which it will be taken seriously. I do not however believe that the government control of the news papers is as serious an issue as Elfen makes it out though. Think for a moment, your an editor at a newspaper. A report comes to you with what you can only call a crazy story. The more you listen to the reporter though, the more shocked you are. His evidence really does seem to hold up. Now imagine what breaking this story will mean. Okay, it could put your life in danger. Lets be honest though, after just hearing the story your life is probably in danger. I'm sure the government would rather me dead, then run this. Of course if you did run it, the return in having you murdered would drop dramatically. The stories already out, killing you would only help to bolster it's creditability. What's more this would be the achievement of your career. This would be like reporting Watergate x 1000. My gods the number of papers you would sell! Why you could rest on your laurels for the rest of your career. So what do you do? Why you put the story on the website, and the run an extra right away. Your fucking famous.

So the government doesn't like it, what are they going to do? By the time they tell you to stop the story will be out there. Google cache alone will preserve the story. That assumes of course the government even bothers. If they are smart they'll realize that crashing into the place telling everyone to shut up, or they'll murder your family will only help to prove that this is a state secret. The government can go ahead, and fire you. You can work at any paper in the world with this story under your belt.

Now the question is, how are people going to react. Well there will first be the doubt. Okay so a government assassination program targeting it's own citizens, while awful isn't unbelievable. The fact that it uses children cyborgs might be though. People are going to ask the government is it true? Hell the government will be asking itself that. I'm sure the senators from up north, with their mafia friends backing them will have all sorts of questions for the president, and the SDSE.

Now what should the SWA be doing at this point? Well the first thing they should do is not blow up their Rome compound. Blowing it up is a bit to visible. It's like a gigantic neon sign saying, 'look here for clues about that thing somebody doesn't want you to know about!' No, you simply move the cyborgs. They are the only thing that makes that building dirty. Other wise it's just another secure compound for a government counter terrorist unit. There's nothing wrong with that. What you want to do is make the militant side of the SWA disappear. To do that you will need to burn Files. Scientist will be shuffled around, and in some cases disappear.

The Girls. Well that's a tough call. There are a going to be a couple schools of thought on this one. The first will be, make them disappear. They need to have never existed for some of the people involved in this to have a chance at surviving the coming political storm. If that's the case, your probably going to have to get rid of at least some of the handlers, if not all of them. Of course making that many people disappear in a short time could be hard to hide in of itself. Especially considering they all work in the same compound. If their coworkers figure out what happened then they might feel compelled to spill the beans in return for protection, and a bit of revenge. So maybe you just hid them. They are after all really expensive. It would be really nice if you could use them again. Of course if they are found, either by the senate, press, or what ever you are sunk like a stone. They are the incriminating evidence, they make everything that much worse. Being accused of running a murder squad is bad enough, it's worse when the murder squad is made up of children assassins. There is of course another school of thought, bring the girls out into the light. Why would you do this, protection. First of all the handlers might fear the first option we've been discussing. Taking the girls into the public is the best way to protect her. Further someone looking to cut a deal with the prosecution would love to have this as a trump card. Even one girl would be worth immunity for all your crimes.

On the international scene there will be two reactions. The public one will look very much the same. We condemn the Italian government for these horrible crimes against it's citizens, and against humanity. We stand by the Italian public in the want for full disclosure about this program, blah blah blah. There will also be the private one between generals, and presidents. I want soldiers like that, how do we get them?

Over all I would have to say cyborg tech would go through a bit of a roller coaster. There will be those who want to walk again. Those who want their loved ones to be able to pick up a fork, and feed themselves. Those who want to live. They will see the future, tarnished though it maybe, and press forward. There will be those who are fearful of the dangers, and the abuse possible. Public opinion, and regulations will go back, and forth. In the end however I see cyborg tech being brought into the light. Too many people will want the technology for there not to be rapid advances in the field as a result of data gathered from the SWA.

Strive for your next breath.  Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one.  Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

T-Minus 15.193792102158E+9 years until the universe closes!

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix on Sat 12 Jul 2008 - 17:37

If the government has control over the media, then it would be less then likely that Google will be able to process the information from the servers to preserve. Google has a hell of a time trying to access Chinese servers without being told where to index- everything else is OFF LIMITS!

Furthermore, if some kook decides that he wants to sent it to an off-nation server, well, thats not as easy as you may think, because the national government is always checking for data that goes into and out of their nation. If they see someting going along the pipe that they do not like, the pipe gets shut down, and they have MIBs following them around.

Its that simple.

If Fernando had Super Powers, He would be God!
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Sun 13 Jul 2008 - 5:10

Okay first of all, there is no indication that in the GSG universe that Italy has anything remotely like the great firewall of China. Just, because the government runs something, doesn't mean it's more secure. Trust me on this. Even then Google cache was just my most example. I assure if a story like that was posted on a page like routers, or the times website, it would be mirrored, copied, and generally noticed in even the briefest span of time. Besides even the great firewall of china couldn't stop a story like this. While the great firewall is growing more complex all the time, it is still fairly easy to get around. Last I heard all you needed what an encrypted ssh tunnel to a computer outside the firewall, and you where good. It would take a massive amount of processing power to read all information going through an entire nation network at once. That problem is further complicated if the information in question is encrypted. The encryption technology available to the private citizen today is nothing to be scoffed at.

There is still the matter of the physical medium too. If an editor started printing a paper it would still take time for someone in a position of power to stop the paper being printed. In which time some copies could be distributed. If nothing else the staff of the news paper will hear about, and word will start to spread. The cat will be out of the bag.

Strive for your next breath.  Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one.  Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 14 Jul 2008 - 3:35

Wileama wrote:The Girls. Well that's a tough call. There are a going to be a couple schools of thought on this one. The first will be, make them disappear. They need to have never existed for some of the people involved in this to have a chance at surviving the coming political storm. If that's the case, your probably going to have to get rid of at least some of the handlers, if not all of them. Of course making that many people disappear in a short time could be hard to hide in of itself. Especially considering they all work in the same compound. If their coworkers figure out what happened then they might feel compelled to spill the beans in return for protection, and a bit of revenge. So maybe you just hid them. They are after all really expensive. It would be really nice if you could use them again. Of course if they are found, either by the senate, press, or what ever you are sunk like a stone. They are the incriminating evidence, they make everything that much worse. Being accused of running a murder squad is bad enough, it's worse when the murder squad is made up of children assassins. There is of course another school of thought, bring the girls out into the light. Why would you do this, protection. First of all the handlers might fear the first option we've been discussing. Taking the girls into the public is the best way to protect her. Further someone looking to cut a deal with the prosecution would love to have this as a trump card. Even one girl would be worth immunity for all your crimes.

On the international scene there will be two reactions. The public one will look very much the same. We condemn the Italian government for these horrible crimes against it's citizens, and against humanity. We stand by the Italian public in the want for full disclosure about this program, blah blah blah. There will also be the private one between generals, and presidents. I want soldiers like that, how do we get them?

Over all I would have to say cyborg tech would go through a bit of a roller coaster. There will be those who want to walk again. Those who want their loved ones to be able to pick up a fork, and feed themselves. Those who want to live. They will see the future, tarnished though it maybe, and press forward. There will be those who are fearful of the dangers, and the abuse possible. Public opinion, and regulations will go back, and forth. In the end however I see cyborg tech being brought into the light. Too many people will want the technology for there not to be rapid advances in the field as a result of data gathered from the SWA.

After getting off the conditioning drug (& going through the DT's.) the girls could loan themselves out as security experts afterall they have spent a large part of there life busting through fortress's why not try there hand at makeing fortress's as well. take a brake & hit the road to try to find themselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Mon 14 Jul 2008 - 12:27

I think your giving the girls a bit more tactical credit then the deserve. I think most of the girls are really just rough brawlers, with a poor understanding of the game they play. Only there super awesome bodies, and the foes they go up against allows them to win the day. When Nachtsider finishes Combat Missions, I'll share my thoughts a bit more fully.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 15 Jul 2008 - 9:12

Aaah...

In my current fic, the Agency is facing something of a would-be force disclosure.

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO on Fri 18 Jul 2008 - 10:13

Wileama wrote: I think most of the girls are really just rough brawlers, with a poor understanding of the game they play.

Even a brawler needs tactics to stay alive...

Whilst they would likely have little idea in terms of the big picture, they would know a lot about tactics in taking down small groups of or individual opponents.

The Eagle

He clasps the crag with crooked hands;
Close to the sun in lonely lands,
Ring'd with the azure world, he stands.

The wrinkled sea beneath him crawls;
He watches from his mountain walls,
And like a thunderbolt he falls.

Alfred Tennyson - 1851
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Forum Posts : 1111

Fan of : Triela!

Original Characters : Keetha & Alcide

Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama on Thu 24 Jul 2008 - 12:08

I want to get into this really, but I came to these thoughts as a result of some work I did for Nachtsider. So I really don't want to say much more, until he's had a chance to use those thoughts. I agree with what you've said to a point, though.

Marathon
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum