Knife fight! ^^

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Knife fight! ^^

Post by Guest on Tue 29 Jul 2008 - 11:26

So..You're in a tight pinch, your Cyborg is out on the hunt for the primary target, leaving you alone. Now You are cornered by two tangos (Enemies) each of which are brandishing... rather threatening knives. But no worries, being the good handler you are you probably are 'brandishing a rather threating knife' yourself.

I chose the standard issue knife of the Marine Corps the USMC KA-BAR. All matte black non-reflective finish, suited for everything as the warranty says. ^^

and/or

EDIT: the OKC-3S

Last edited by Farbanti on Tue 29 Jul 2008 - 12:10; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Re: Knife fight! ^^

Post by Guest on Tue 29 Jul 2008 - 11:32

Aaah...the K-Bar...

Ok, so I'm out of ammo, and two guys with a 'threatening' knife is in front of me swinging his weapon and laughing in pleasure.

But of course, while they're swinging they're 'threatening' knifes, showing all kinds of cool moves and stuff, I'll do the Indiana Jones most memorable moments in Raiders of the Lost Ark

FR1: Out of ammo eh, mr?
FR2: What'ca gonna' do now? Your partner is way ahead...!

Me: ...*pulls out a Walther PPK*

(BANG-BANG)

Me: Always carry two guns. One sporting a .45 (M1911A1), the other 9mm--small enough to conceal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 29 Jul 2008 - 12:11

Panzer IV wrote:Aaah...the K-Bar...

Ok, so I'm out of ammo, and two guys with a 'threatening' knife is in front of me swinging his weapon and laughing in pleasure.

But of course, while they're swinging they're 'threatening' knifes, showing all kinds of cool moves and stuff, I'll do the Indiana Jones most memorable moments in Raiders of the Lost Ark

(BANG-BANG)

Me: Always carry two guns. One sporting a .45 (M1911A1), the other 9mm--small enough to conceal.

😠

Back up guns are another topic. :point:

:ahh: j/k j/k I'll get started on that one now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell on Tue 29 Jul 2008 - 12:20

the KA-bars a good field knife but a fighting knife needs to be longer and thinner like the Fairbairn-Sykes fighting knife !

from Wiki

Unlike the U.S. Marine Corps' Ka-Bar, designed for fighting and as a utility tool, the FS Fighting Knife was designed exclusively for surprise attack and fighting, with a slender blade that easily penetrated a man's ribcage. The vase handle grants precise grip, and the double-edged blade is integral to its design. Fairbairn's rationale is in his book Get Tough! (1942).
In close-quarters fighting there is no more deadly weapon than the knife. In choosing a knife there are two important factors to bear in mind: balance and keenness. The hilt should fit easily in your hand, and the blade should not be so heavy that it tends to drag the hilt from your fingers in a loose grip. It is essential that the blade have a sharp stabbing point and good cutting edges, because an artery torn through (as against a clean cut) tends to contract and stop the bleeding. If a main artery is cleanly severed, the wounded man will quickly lose consciousness and die.

apparently the US OSS copied it but they went for a more cheaply made version that wasn't as good !

The U.S. Office of Strategic Services's per-knife manufacturing bid was approximately one-fifteenth of the cost of the British version. The U.S. version was of inferior materials and workmanship; its reputation suffered accordingly. Furthermore, U.S. Marines were improperly trained in using the knife; they complained of malfunction and of limited attack opportunity, however, it was not a utility knife; Fairbairn did have opportunity to properly train soldiers in the correct use of his fighting knife.

British Major Fairbairn, who had been chief of police in Shanghai before the Japanese capture of the city, taught the Fairbairn method of assault and murder. His course was not restricted to Camp X, but later given at OSS camps in the United States. All of us who were taught by Major Fairbairn soon realized that he had an honest dislike for anything that smacked of decency in fighting. [3]
In contrast to the OSS version (some 20,000), the British knives were almost two million units (not all of equal quality; post-War versions are of dubious quality). Early production runs were extremely limited and demand was high as British troops attempted to buy their own.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairbairn-Sykes_fighting_knife

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are living in the smelly cloud of gods fart,one day the universe will end in a great cloud of airfreshener
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile on Wed 30 Jul 2008 - 8:21

Panzer IV wrote:Aaah...the K-Bar...

(BANG-BANG)

quoted as same idea to the same situation

Photobucket
Just cause I'm dead, doesn't mean I can't be your Loli Fantasy!
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Forum Posts : 1747

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 on Thu 31 Jul 2008 - 6:37

I've had to fight off some thugs (mexicans) before out on the street (most of the time they just wanted to challenge the quiet asian guy) in those situations i needed a knife for showing off so i just used my balisong did a couple of flips cut a couple of nervs that usually scares people off taking a knife stab in the shoe and and then kicking them in the face with said shoe works.One time in my school bathroom i fought off some druggies with an umbrella you know tear off the cloth then use the spiky parts to gouge out their eyes but not kill them.but pretty much in those situations you should be good with knives throwing knives scare the crap out of people especially when you throw one at them and just barely miss.but wait what the hell is my cyborg doing not protecting me B**ch get back here (sends useless Claes to die)
tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Forum Posts : 1069

Fan of : Moe~

Original Characters : youru kun

Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring on Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 22:44

KA-BARs are easily identified. Everyone knows what one is. That said, I actually think I prefer this knife more.

However, I personally just purchased myself one of KA-BAR's TDI Law Enforcement knives and so far love it to death.

"Do you know what Jesus said in John chapter 5? Don't bring me any trouble, bitch." - Eda, Black Lagoon
"Anybody can be cool...but awesome takes practice." - Lorraine Peterson
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Forum Posts : 1380

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Fri 29 Aug 2008 - 2:00

Those kinda look like the knives Pino used. Does anyone know the actual knives he used? I looked on wikipedia and it didn't say under his name.

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2723

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor on Fri 29 Aug 2008 - 2:11

Triela wrote:Those kinda look like the knives Pino used. Does anyone know the actual knives he used? I looked on wikipedia and it didn't say under his name.

Are they called throwing knife? study

http://on.fb.me/9tuZOK Facebook Page for Cyborg Central : Gunslinger Girl Forum cheers
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1637

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Registration date : 2007-09-09
Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Fri 29 Aug 2008 - 2:59

keep your options open. back off, take cover, find concealment... take 'em unawares if at all possible.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 on Fri 29 Aug 2008 - 19:56

Triela wrote:Those kinda look like the knives Pino used. Does anyone know the actual knives he used? I looked on wikipedia and it didn't say under his name.
pino used some plain knives u can get in most army surplus stores i saw a bunch of throwers a smooth edge dueling blade a smaller utility lookin knife oh and a key.

i gots a quesstion how the f**k did triela snap pinos knife in volume 5.

http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1003033ut8.jpg <--the knife i made for duelling

http://img410.imageshack.us/my.php?image=balisong2oj9.jpg <---the blade of my balisong
tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela on Fri 29 Aug 2008 - 21:20

tsundere9kagami2 wrote:
pino used some plain knives u can get in most army surplus stores i saw a bunch of throwers a smooth edge dueling blade a smaller utility lookin knife oh and a key.

i gots a quesstion how the f**k did triela snap pinos knife in volume 5.

Thanks for the info. I thought, knowing Yu Aida, it would have been a special type of knife of something. Razz

Well Triela IS a cyborg. Snapping metal shouldn't be a problem for her. ^_^

AWWWWW YEAHHHH
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2723

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider on Fri 29 Aug 2008 - 23:10

Triela wrote:Well Triela IS a cyborg. Snapping metal shouldn't be a problem for her. ^_^
Exactly.

Come on, folks. This is an SWA super-soldier we're talking about here.

There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel like it.
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5718

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 on Sat 30 Aug 2008 - 0:15

man thats some crazy strong skins they have maybe they are like sea cucumbers and their skin strenghthens under stress.
i can beleive triela snaping the knife by bending it to the side but just holding it it snaps if thats the case then frickin pino is a hella strong to have enuf force to break his own knife in that way.
tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 on Sat 30 Aug 2008 - 1:32

too true.. she probably would've ended up just ripping the knife out of his grasp... unless it was a cheap piece of crap. I've broken quite a few knives made of cheap steel with naught but my bare hands.

Moderatio est figmentum.
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 31 Aug 2008 - 3:20

Well, if this is the case:

1. If I have a pistol, I've drilled myself in using it as a small blunt weapon, using the trusty trigger guard /handleas a method of catching weapons.

2. If I can draw fast enough, I'll throw my gun at them, and then:

Now I have a variety of options.

3. If not, I'm using my coat as a tangle-confusion weapon (if I have one).

4. If you're asking about knife of choice, I'm going with my Bowie knife (since I actually do own it). I would prefer something with a hard and thick seretted edge though for slicing.

5. If none of those apply, then it depends on what my opponents are doing.
....A. If one guy goes in for a low (uppercut) stab, first priority is to get some safe distance. If I have a long weapon, I'll use it, but I'm essentially going to kick. Contrary to belief that kicks are worthless in real life, its not when it comes to knives. If I kick his hand, he's going to have a painful time hanging to that knife. I'll probably kick again in the gut and then jump kick in the face. If I kick him in the stomach, I kicked earilier than he can stab, and he's bending low, and I'll kick in the face (or if angle allows, kick against the calf). If I kick him in the arm, its a good hit, but not good enough. I'm backing up either way, shoving my leg's force into him and bouncing backward a bit (distance).
If he's already outstreched, I've got him in the gut and can proceed forward, using my momentum in forward movement against his hand with the weapon.
If I need to move faster, I'm moving in at the right side (assuming he's right-handed) as the blade is low but pointing up. I'll kick his elbow, snapping it out of place or kicking it straight so I can grab his arm.
....... If his elbow is still intact or straightened, I'll wrap my arms around it, and twist, quickly moving inside to use him as a shield against the other guy. Then I'm using my powerful torso muscles to pry the knife out of his tiny finger/hand/wrist muscles. At this point, I have a knife, and will side-kick him. I'm ready for the next guy.
....... If his elbow snaps out of place, he's done. I'm ready for the next guy.

B. If he has his blade pointed outward at me, he's got worse problems. I'm raising my hands in the air and backing up. Confident, he'll charge. In the process of a step, I can swing my body and using principles of Russian Systema and Israeli Krav Maga, use this motion to move slightly downward, and using the levers in my legs and the cranked power in my movement and torso, force down on his arm and jerk it forward, causing a loss of balance on his part. While falling forward a bit, I might trip him, but if not, I'll knee him, and my instant reaction is to swing full force into his elbow, breaking it (as his arm is extended). I can also use our countering forces to slide the knife out of his hand. I'm ready for the next guy.

C. If he is back-handed style, his weapon is raised. I'm moving in now instead of kicking, (or side-stepping/backing up if possible) and I'll get close before he can close distance, causing his knife to overshoot. My arm will block his arm. (The whole key here is to NOT focus too much on the knife. If you do, you're grappling for it and getting stabbed.) His stabbing motion will stop. Now that I'm inside, there is no need to side-step: his knife is naturally to the side. To stab me, he'll have to: 1. curve around his bent elbow for a weak strike at my arm/shoulder. 2. back up and retry. 3. become a superhero and morph the knife in a different position. He'll hurt his soft under forearm against my hardy, top bony forearm, but that won't always be the case. At this point, I can do a number of things: 1. grab his knife hand with both hands, bend low, and flip him, causing him to stab himself in the gut in the process. 2. Claw his eyes out. While doing so, quick-kick to the groin. 3. Punch him in the adam's apple. 4. My favorite, grab his knife hand with both of mine, and jam my knee into his arm/elbow.
In the case of 1, (something I probably won't do since I'm not into flips) he's going to be bigger/taller than I. I'm ready for the next guy. In case 2 and 3, I'm backing up. In case 4, I'm grabbing his knife. I'm ready for the next guy

In any case, when I'm done, I'm backing away. The other guy is having to go around his wounded buddy. If he comes from the left, (and he's right handed) he's disadvantaged with distance that I can use. If he's coming from the right, its worse as I can get to his outside and stepping around his buddy. If I can, I can push my hunched over/wounded first opponent into the path of the second, knife or not. If I have a knife, I'm extending it out towards him, aiming it, not at his body, but his eyes. The psychological effect of this will cause him to try to strike at it, swat it, or grab it. My intention is deception, moving my arm out of harms way, and then stab while moving forward to stop him.
If I don't have a knife, I'll take him the same way as above.

If there's 3 guys, and I see a knife, that's a different story. If the guy with the knife confronts me, I'm doing one of the things mentioned above, using my opponent as a shield (another might have gun). If there are 2 or more knives, I'm backing up, falling on the ground, and I'm using a special, little-known break-dancing type martial art. A mixture of Capoeria and modified native american groundfighting. My back is safe from being surrounded. My legs/feet are the best thing I have for safe distance from knives. My wild and swinging kicks will give them second thoughts of stabbing me or getting close. If one tries to grab me, he's low on the ground and prone to getting hit real hard. If two try to grab me, that's fine and dandy: it'll take two hands to do that (no knife), and it'll be a bit of trouble for the third to stab me. That takes some extremely good coordination though.

If all three try to grab me, somebody is losing an eye, getting a broken nose, or the wind knocked out of them. If they're all on the ground, heck, I'll stand up and find a large blunt object to throw/swing. If not, I'm simply running.

At this point, one or two can try to stab me, but then its just back to explaination one.

One weapon I commonly employ is Pinochio's last resort weapon: the car key. If I am armed with this and I get into any of the situations above with the knife, I am stabbing my keys into my opponent's wrist/neck. If I have a gun, its a better blunt weapon with some partially sharp angles, good enough for my purposes.

If I have access to a trashcan, things just got worse. A moveable ladder/large wooden object, yeah. Even a handful of dirt/dust makes for a nice powder weapon to the eyes. A plastic knife/fork will do too. Anything is a weapon.

... if they don't know my gun isn't loaded, I'll simply back up and raise it at them, calling for my cyborg to return.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum