The Ropes (Rome RPG Thread Eleven)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Ropes (Rome RPG Thread Eleven)

Post by Piero on Wed 20 Aug 2008 - 2:35

OOC: This thread is for the introduction of the Andrei and the Lorant/Tessa fratello. It begins while the other fratellos are out on assignment.

IC:
The second day following the departure of the girls who were going to train with the GIS found the corridors and outdoor expanses of the SWA compounds rather empty. With many of the regular fratellos -and even Claes- out on assignment, there just weren't that many people around.

There were still a few people left at the agency however, including one fratello that had just recently gotten back from an assignment, and the handler of this fratello was about to get a call.

OC: I'm assuming Lorant has a cell phone.

Last edited by Piero on Mon 22 Feb 2010 - 22:34; edited 1 time in total

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ropes (Rome RPG Thread Eleven)

Post by Guest on Tue 26 Aug 2008 - 8:46

Lorant's room was as standard as the ones other handlers stayed in. A bit spartan, the only things of note in here was the fact there was a good sized, wrap around office desk. In fact, it looked like a little cubicle. In the desk facing the door held a metal frame where three monitors hung from adjustable arms. Hidden underneath was the desktop he had ever since Lorant was in Germany. To the right of that desk was another desk filled with papers and a laptop, the wireless router, and a file organizer. Making up the rear of this semi-closed off cubicle was completed by a gun locker in the corner, which fit flush into it, and a few bookshelves. Making up the 4th wall, was a TV cabinet, which contained his entertainment system.

At the time of the phone call, Lorant was seated on the floor, resting his back against the plain, twin bed which was opposite the TV cabinet. A white wired controller on his hands, his face was unmoving, focused, as he had his character wave a two-pronged white, crackling, plasma sword, lunge at some sort of zombie monster alien thing. Pausing the game, he picked up his cell phone's bluetooth headset. Putting it on, he pressed the button and answered the call.

"This is Lorant Wolfram speaking." He said, as he unpaused the game and went back to killing stuff.

Last edited by Tomoya on Tue 26 Aug 2008 - 17:51; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 26 Aug 2008 - 11:18

"Mr. Wolfram," Lorenzo's voice answered, "I need to speak to you about your next assignment. Could you come to my office please?"

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 26 Aug 2008 - 11:55

"Yes sir." He said, before disconnecting. He saved the game and got himself ready. He merely straightened his clothes and whatnot, before getting up and turning off the system and TV. Locking the door as he stepped out, he headed for Lorenzo's office. Lorant made his way through to the offices, before ending up in front of Lorenzo's office. Knocking, he was admitted inside.

Last edited by Tomoya on Tue 26 Aug 2008 - 17:51; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 26 Aug 2008 - 12:19

Lorenzo nodded to Lorant as he entered.

"Good morning, Lorant. I'd like to introduce you to the newest addition to our personnel, Mr. Andei Kamarov. Mr. Kamarov, this is Lorant Wolfram, one of our cyborg handlers."

A medium size, solidly built man in his mid thirties rose from where he was sitting and extended his hand to Lorant. He had blue-grey eyes and was well groomed, though not clean shaven. He was dressed in a decent but not overly impressive suit.

"I'm pleased to meet you, Mr. Wolfram," he said in excellent Italian, with barely a hint of the fact that it was not his native tongue.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 26 Aug 2008 - 13:10

Lorant took his hand and shook it, giving him a firm grip.

"Nice to meet you Herr Kamarov." He said, that little bit of German had somehow slipped in. Butit wasn't that important. Compared to the rough yet nice looking Kamarov, Lorant was a bit more disorderly, wearing a t-shirt, an unbuttoned short sleeved button down shirt. Khaki pants and rubber shoes, he looked more like some guy coming from college than a trained pro.

Last edited by Tomoya on Tue 26 Aug 2008 - 17:49; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 26 Aug 2008 - 13:26

Lorenzo cast a slightly disapproving look at Lorant -he'd hoped the young man might have made a slightly better impression, given that he was representing the agency.

"Mr. Kamarov is going to be the handler for one of our new cyborgs. However, it will be some time before she is ready for him. He requested a chance to observe one of our active fratellos in the meantime. I'd like you to act as his guide and familiarise him with how we operate."

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 26 Aug 2008 - 16:19

"Yes sir." Lorant said. Lorant had finished a good majority of his needed paperwork, namely the ones due within a week or two. He had marathoned ever since he had gotten back, and the gaming and relaxed clothing was his way of resting.

"If you approve if it sir, I'd like to show him the cyborg dormitory."

Last edited by Tomoya on Tue 26 Aug 2008 - 17:49; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 26 Aug 2008 - 17:34

Lorenzo nodded.

"You have my approval to show him all aspects of a handler's work. He's one of you now."

OOC: Sorry about this, but any chance I could get you to stop using the green text and location indicators? No one else here uses those, and I'd like to keep the style/format of the posts reasonably consistent between different users.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 26 Aug 2008 - 17:47

"Yes sir, thank you sir." He said, before turning to Kamarov. "Let's go."

((Going to puppet Kamarov to where we should be. One-liners tend to get annoying. Although I can edit if you need me to Piero))
---

The two men walking in the hallways around the dormitories, the sound of a lone saxophone can be heard. Although most of the girls had left, there was still one left. Teresa was still there, and with the rest of the girls gone, she was able to practice the sax as loud as she want. Well, for the two men, it was good, average maybe. She had a long way to go.

"I appologize for the noise." Lorant said to Kamarov,"You see, while the other girls play string instruments to practice getting used to their new bodies, I've had mine play the saxophone" He said, as they walked closer to where the noise was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 26 Aug 2008 - 18:07

OOC: Thanks for the edits.

IC:
Andrei considered Tessa's playing for a moment. He wasn't an expert on music, but she seemed decent enough to him. Probably not on the level of the players in some of the military bands he'd heard in France, but certainly not bad.

"She's not bad. Has she been here very long?" he asked.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 26 Aug 2008 - 23:04

(( No prob, I just used those because I got used to em. XD))

"Not long actually. 3 missions...a few months." Lorant said, before knocking on the door. "Tessa, can I come in?"

The music stopped, and footsteps came. A girl with blue eyes and light brown hair answered the door. Cheerful expression on her face, she did a little bow while speaking.

"Good afternoon Lorant." Before she looked at Kamarov and smiled. "My name is Teresa Wolfram. Who would you be sir?" Lorant looked a little shaken. Well, he'd need to amp up the conditioning if she would take up his surname.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 26 Aug 2008 - 23:17

Andrei looked down at Teresa, studying her.

A few months... she's fairly new then.

"My name is Andrei Kamarov. I'm pleased to meet you, Teresa."

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 26 Aug 2008 - 23:39

Teresa bowed, and stepped aside, her hand extended into her room. She wore plain clothing. Outer jacket. Sweater. Inner collared shirt. What was different was that she also wore a plain, brown patterned tartan skirt that went to her knees, and what seemed like black stockings underneath. She wore a pair of dark brown loafers, apparently, as she kept those to the side, preferring to wear indoor gray slippers when in the room.

"Make yourselves comfortable. Would you like anything to drink Herr Kamarov?" She asked, as she pulled back two chairs. Her long hair was braided into one long ponytail, although a few stands of hair was missed. The room was standard, although...well, it looks like you were transported to the home of a well to do Englishman's home. Might be the fact that in her downtime, Lorant instructed her on the finer points of cooking, manners, and the saxophone. As well as a few other things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 26 Aug 2008 - 23:59

Andrei continued to observe Teresa, making note of her very refined manners. Were all the cyborgs expected to behave like that?

"I'm fine, thank you," he replied as he made his way over to one of the chairs. He waited until Lorant had joined him to sit down however.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 27 Aug 2008 - 0:11

Lorant sat down on the table, where Teresa stayed by his side.

"We're fine Teresa. Mr. Kamarov here is a new handler. Just showing him around."
"Alright. I'm done with my saxophone practice."
"It's our downtime. Tell you what, after I show Mr. Kamarov around, we'll come back and we'll head to the range."
"Alright."

Teresa bowed to both, before putting away her saxophone, which laid in her bed. Putting it away, she pulled out a box, where within, was a game console which had been placed in good order. Setting it up in the TV in the corner, she started up a game. In no time, she was waving the remote and nunchuck attachment all around, making weird grunts and squeels as she had her little fighter jet avoid missiles and shoot other jets down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 27 Aug 2008 - 1:59

Andrei followed Lorant as the two walked away from Teresa's room.

"Is it usual for the cyborgs to adopt their handler's surnames?" he enquired.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 27 Aug 2008 - 6:49

As they walked down the halls, Lorant was seemingly troubled by Teresa'ssudden use of his surname. Nevertheless, he didn't like to increase her medication.

"Normally, no. Teresa is...she's coming to terms with herself. I need to amp up her conditioning. As good as she is in the missions, she needs to understand when to give my real surname to people. I guess being in Headquarters is fine, but not in the field."

The two would walk to the handler's quarters, where he would show Kamarov his room. "I got to appologize for the shabbiness. It's our downtime after a mission, but we'll be changing to more..respectable clothing in missions. Personally, going normal like this allows me to wear a backpack and a large unbuttoned shirt. The looseness hides my weapon, and the bigger pockets hide magazines. Same for Tessa. She wears that loose skirt because it allows her to conceal her thigh holster, while allowing her easy access." He explained, as he opened the door to his room and showed Andrei around to his...uniquely furnished room.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 27 Aug 2008 - 18:58

OOC: Is this Andrei's room or Lorant's room that's being shown here? If it's Andrei's we might want to run things back a notch -this may be his first introduction to Lorant, but he's been at the agency for a few days already.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 0:29

((Lorant's room))

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 12:30

Andrei glanced around Lorant's room, but made no comment on the furnishings. It wasn't his business what another handler wanted to put in his room.

"I'm still getting used to concealed carry myself," he noted. "I never really had reason to carry a gun like that before this."

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 16 Sep 2008 - 17:23

"Tell me about it. It's a right pain in the ass when you drive ain't it? Well, it is for me. My truck isn't all that luxurious. Speaking of which, what do you drive?" He said, as they would walk towards Tessa's dorm, to pick her up and head to the range.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 16 Sep 2008 - 17:51

"I don't have a car of my own yet. I've been borrowing one from the agency motor pool."

He shrugged.

"I'm thinking of getting a Volvo. They're supposed to be good cars."

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 8 Oct 2008 - 15:49

>>Due to inability of this author to be consistent, speed up power used. Tessa, Lorant, and Andrei are in the range.<<

Lorant merely looked on as Tessa went through the paces. He had acquired several weapons from the SWA armory, weapons usually found in the hands of terrorists. It was something Lorant and Tessa has been working on. Situation was, if by some freak chance, both had lost their primary and secondary weapons. Obtaining weapons from dummy mockups, Tessa was in the middle of the range, surrounded by gun wielding mannequins.

There was a table full of weapons and ammo behind them, and while Tessa conducted her exercise, Lorant turned to continue loading a Skorpion vz 61 SMG's 20 round magazine.

"This what we normally do in our free times between missions. We also teach the girls as if they were in school. Seeing that most of them are out at the moment, we have the whole range to ourselves. Later this afternoon, she'll be doing her daily lessons, although it'll be hard. Math really isn't my expertise, but I'll manage."

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 8 Oct 2008 - 16:49

Andrei watched closely at Tessa engaged the targets, though he still managed to spare a partial ear for what Lorant was saying.

"I might be able to help a little with that if you need it," Andrei noted. "I did reasonably well with math, though it wasn't my strong suit. I was much better with languages."

The fact that Andrei was speaking fluent Italian with only a hint of an accent put proof to that. He watched as Tessa engaged another target.

"You were saying your girl was relatively new here, correct? If you don't mind me asking, how do her abilities compare to those of the more experienced cyborgs?"

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 8 Oct 2008 - 20:06

"Yeah, her abilities are...good enough. We both don't have the experience like some of the other fratellos here do, and in terms of handlers, I'm kinda on the low scale. But we're working on improving that. While she learns, I do too, usually a brief summary on police procedures and Italian law."

He said, as he pushed the last round into the last mag. Laying the mags and guns neatly on the table, up next was a free shoot. Pop up targets were the norm in this section. All andrei had to do here was press a button. Handler and Cyborg were in a simulated hallway, and one by one and by twos, their two suppressed G36s cut the plywood apart. Up next? Skorpions and AKs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Thu 9 Oct 2008 - 0:31

As Tessa and Lorant went through the shoot house together, Andrei watched their performance carefully. When they were done, he met the two of them at the supply table, and as they began to prepare for the next run through, he picked up one of Kalashnikovs on the supply table.

"Do you mind if I try taking her through this time?" he asked.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 15 Oct 2008 - 12:51

"Sure. Teresa, make sure you follow his orders. We're simulating a joint exercise right now, and scenario is that I've been injured but the house must be cleared. Another agent has been assigned to be your temporary handler."

"Yes sir." Her expression was slightly sadder, somewhat dejected. She picked up an AKS-74U and shouldered it. Putting her shooting goggles back on, she got ready.

"Tessa." Lorant called out. "Be strong, eh? Do your best, remember, mission first."

Teresa tensed a bit, as she waited for Andrei to get on line with her. Lorant was in the control area by now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Wed 15 Oct 2008 - 21:56

Is her attachment to him that strong? Andrei wondered as he watched Tessa's reaction to her handler's departure. Picking up a magazine from the table, he slammed it into the mag well of the AKM he had selected and worked the charging handle.

"I'm going to have you take point for the first run," he informed her. "I want to see how you move."

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 16 Oct 2008 - 19:07

Teresa tensed up, when the light came on, she took off. Stopping in the first point, the machines had barely exposed their targets when she let loose a short burst. She was slightly depressed. She'd prefer it if she was the one doing a mission by herself or with Lorant. But then, like he said, Mission First.

But it can't help that she treats her like a baby sister. She's gotten used to their...on again off again sort of professionalism. No matter, her performance was slightly off. Less truly center of mass hits. They tended to aim slightly to the left, but the targets were still down. It was at a reload point did she look back slightly at Andrei.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Fri 17 Oct 2008 - 1:39

Andrei followed Tessa, covering her blind spots and engaging a few targets of his own as he went. He was somewhat out of practice after his time away from the Foreign Legion, so his accuracy wasn't the greatest, but his performance was still competent -he had, after all, had many years of practice in the past.

And as he followed Tessa through the shoothouse, Andrei studied her actions carefully, making note of both good and bad points. She seemed awfully eager to him, to the point where he wondered if she was going to leave him behind with her rapid advance.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 18 Oct 2008 - 22:16

Teresa finsihed the shoothouse seconds before Andrei was. From there, she safetied and cleared her weapon, and awaited for Lorant to step out. Well, he did...looking disappointed. He didn't really need to say much, but he only placed his hand on her shoulder,slightly squeezing it.

"Your performance...was satisfactory. You left three terrorists partially dead, and left before Andrei can cover you. Which, I deem this run a failure. Tessa. You have to realize that everyone is a team player. If you can't learn to trust others than we're no use to the Agency as a team. I know its hard. But please, learn from this. If Andrei allows it, you'll go out again. Talk to each other, use the room clearing techniques you were taught. This isn't like a video game, your life is always in someone else's hands, so do this, one more time, but properly."

Tessa was slightly crying at this time, something Lorant noticed. He hated to admit it, but for being a new handler and not knowing the basics, the limited conditioning he subjected her to might be the problem, but he didn't want to subject her to that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Sat 18 Oct 2008 - 22:26

Andrei noticed Tessa tearing up, but said nothing. He didn't really feel it was his place to. He was however somewhat concerned by what he saw. Did cyborgs usually respond to criticism so badly.

After taking a few moments to reload his magazines, Andrei signalled to Lorant that he was ready to go again.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 21 Oct 2008 - 8:25

Tessa wiped away the tears that had formed in her eyes. Takign what Lorant had told her to heart, she got back in line with Andrei as she had refreshed her ammunition. This time, as she went in, she made sure she was able to be covered by Andrei's back. But still, the feeling of having a gun pointed past her that wasn't her handler was upsetting, and Andrei constantly had to mop up a few, but obviously ones she didn't have the time, location, or in one room's case, the ammunition to handle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero on Tue 21 Oct 2008 - 22:39

Andrei followed Tessa through the shoothouse, covering her rear and observing her as he did so. Her performance this time was better, but he could tell something was bothering her. He made a mental note to inform Lorant of that if he was given the opportunity to do so.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top